Never Ending Nightmare(RP members only)

CandyStar

Link to the OOC: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/21063-never-ending-nightmareooc/

Iron Aurora's eyes open to see she is lying on the ground, but can't remember anything, no matter how much she tries, the only memory is when she was walking going to Canterlot for an important mission, but nothing after that. Looking around, she notices it's a book shop, but why was she here? Only one thing to do, getting up, she looks around, her armor is gone, as well as the scroll she once possessed.

"What's going on?" she thought to herself, looking out the windows, the haze seeming to block her view of the outside. Thinking for a moment, and casts a light spell to create an orb of light, illuminating the shop before her. Aurora is startled by a noise behind the counter, a peek behind reveals the shopkeeper asleep, but seems as though he's having a nightmare. Trying to nudge him, she falls over, but seems to pass through as if she were dead. "What is this place? It can't be Ponyville, can it?" she asked aloud, unsure if this was even real.

With nothing she can do, Aurora walks out of the shop, the sphere of light in front of her. barely even able to see, she moves forward, and further inward, hopeful to find something to explain what has happened.

Lucky was standing in some sort of fog or haze looking around him with a scowl

"why can't" he then flapped his wings

"I move" he flaps again

"this stupid" one last time

"FOG!" He said his voice echoing around where ever he was

"Ugh!" He exclaimed giving up and walking in a direction hoping he would find something or somepony

"I had one thing to do, one thing!" He started talking to himself "'keep the sky's clear' rainbow said ' I'll only be gone a week'. I black out for a second and all of ponyville is covered in....this" he said referring to the fog "happens"

Starwind was hanging out in the park reading her favorite book on stars when all if a sudden she felt herself dose off after a couple of moments she force herself awake. When she awoke she found that the entire area was covered in fog and that are book and her backpack was missing she looked around frickly for them but could find them after what felt like a couple minutes, she came herself down and convenient herself that she left them at home after which she laughed nervously at it after which she started to walk a way she could tell which way she was going because of the fog, after a moment of walking she remember her light spell.She took a few deep breaths and forces after nothing happen she started applicing on force after which her horn lit up in a yellow light, that help alittle but she see could see far ahead so she just continue to walk.

Zed let out a pained groan and sat up, rubbing the back of his head. He had no idea what had happened before... The last thing he remembered was taking a chariot to Canterlot to get something for the princesses, but absolutely nothing after that. He knew who he was, that was a good start. He stood to his feet, his body relieved to no longer be lying on the cold hard ground. He took a moment and studied his surroundings, taking a mental note that he was indeed in Ponyville. But... it seems different... It looked so dark an abandoned, quite the opposite of the Ponyville he was used to seeing. After taking a few steps, his foot gently nudged something soft and limp, and he looked down to see a pony... sleeping? He bent down and shook the pony, but found that he was unable to wake him up. What was going on here?! "Hello?" He called out, his voice echoing on the empty streets.

Aurora has been walking for a few minutes, her ears seem to perk up to the sound of....voices? "Hello?! Who's there?!" she shouted, seemingly scared, but stood her ground. But a shadow seems to move quickly in the corner of her eye, and casts a spell of flame into the general direction out of fear. "I'm warning you! stay back!" the warning seems to work as it retreats further into the square. Being alone like this could be dangerous, especially if their were creatures here, the town looks to be centuries old, and crumbling apart. Now faced with the danger of a possible attack by a figure lurking in the haze, she can't afford to relax her guard. 

Its not long before she spots shape moving through the mist, coming towards her. Readying herself again, maybe this wasn't the same shadow before. Regardless, she must defend herself. "Stop where you are! Let me see your face!" Aurora steps forward, her orb of light illuminating a yellow unicorn filly. "So i guess i'm not alone here, I'm Aurora, and who are you" she asked, but keeping her magic at the ready.

Lucky was walking and mumbling to himself when he herd the sound of a fireball and saw where it emanated from

"Finally a pony" he said to himself as he changed direction

When he got into view he noticed two ponies that looked like they were having a 'griffon standoff'* and he decided to stand back till he figured out who they were and if things were about to go flying

(( * I'm going for the pony version of Mexican standoff))

Starwind continue to walk trying to figure out where she is it look like the market but something was off the buildings was old and falling apart some look like they would collapse if you put a little which on them.She was lost in her thoughts not really paying attention where she was going when all of a sudden a fireball apper and hit the ground thankfully it wasn't going to her but she was more confused then scary, a little after that she saw another orb of light coming from a different unicorn. The other unicorn told her to stop and show her face but she didn't stop she just continue to walked the other will she her face when she got close anyway those two things are kinda counterproductive, Starwind stop when the other interoduce herself as Aurora, she look like she was going to attack her but she wouldn't really she didn't look like a bad pony that would hurt a filly "my name is Starwind" she said. going though this with her light spell still on

Through the thick fog and desolation, Zed could just barely make out a pair of voices off to his left. As relieved as he was not the only one there, it also made the boy a bit nervous. He had no idea if whoever the voice was coming from had any malicious intentions, and keeping this in mind he approached with more caution. He was careful not to step on or trip over any of the sleeping ponies in his path, and looking at them made his nervousness increase. They seemed almost... dead. The boy shuddered and continued on his way. He had absolutely nothing to defend himself with, should whoever he was approaching decide to attack. Of course, an aspect known about him was that he was always willing to take chances. Soon enough, he could barely make out two silhouettes, and his heart skipped a beat. "H-hello?" The boy called out again.

She could finally relax knowing this filly was no threat, but how did this happen? So many in a nightmare state, yet unending. "Its better if we stay together, it's safer in numbers then being separated. I-" ears perk up again, trying to pick up on a faint voice, another one? "Starwind, get behind me." the light spell faded, as she brings another at the ready to face the shadow she sees coming. One thing was perfectly clear, this town is different, nothing is as it seems. "There's something i failed to mention, I saw a shadow moving about, but i'm not sure its a friend or enemy, so be careful." Aurora walked forward carefully, not wantting be left off guard, her eyes glancing left and right.

Lucky listened to the ponies before deciding to join them

he flapped his wings and silently approached them "excuse me do you two know what's going on?" He said almost to them

"yes i agree i don't think its safe for me to walk around here alone" said Starwind, Starwind ears twitch as she heard something like a voice or something she couldn't tell but Aurora told her to get behind her and starwind did just that.She saw her turn off her light spell and starwind followed suit. then Aurora told her about her seeing a shadow moving and to be careful starwind looked into the darkness but couldn't see anything.There was a another voice and suddeness of that voice while wasn't threatening it still made her searm in fear.

The boy peered through the intense fog until he finally made out a small group of ponies, sighing with relief that it was not someone looking to inflict some kind of harm. He stepped forward, finally revealing himself. "Thank goodness, I'm not the only one." He said. The thought for a moment, before clearing his throat, thinking it best to introduce himself instead of being stared at awkwardly. After all, he was the only one in Equestria with a humanoid appearance. "Oh, forgive me. My name is Zed. Uh... Formally known as the Angel of Equestria. Perhaps you've at least heard of me?" Ever since he crash landed in this world, he had made quite a name for himself as the Princess's personal errand boy.

Aurora looks Zed over, but can't quite recognize him. Looking over to Lucky, she doesn't seem to feel threatened. "So we four are the only ones that are able to move at all?" asked Aurora, still puzzled at the situation. Looking down to a pony at her hooves, his face twitching, the only thing that could make this worse would be if they too were in such a state. "Tell me, Zed, Lucky,and Starwind, how did you get here?" she asked, sitting down on the spot. "I only remember heading for Canterlot for a mission, but its all a blank slate from there." She felt as if they could be trusted, together maybe they could figure this out. 

Lucky srugged "I was busting clouds for rainbow dash then I blacked out to this"

"Although I do remember that fog wasn't scheduled for a month and I can't seam to move it....unless I am and can't tell" he added as he stopped flying and landed next to zed

"I was delivering a message for Princess Luna to the Duke of Canterlot before this..." He gestured to the desolate town around him. "Happened. I can't remember anything after that... I don't even have the message I was supposed to send anywhere on me." His eyes widened a bit as his mind finally proccessed his own words. "Crap... Luna's gonna kill me..."

Thinking about the statements, it seems to make some sense, but not enough to make it clear. "I see, so we all blacked out at the same point and time?" if they are to get out of here, then there's just one thing they have to do. "Say, have you three found anything out of place, besides these ponies here, anything that might be a clue to what's exactly going on here?" Hopefully they did, but she can't get her hopes up to quickly. Looking back behind her, she scans the surroundings, looking for anything or anywhere they could possibly use for shelter or at least protection.

Zed agreed with the pegasus, nodding his head. "The weather was really the first thing I noticed. I mean, I did notice the library, but I didn't really pay it any mind." He looked down at Star. "I honestly don't think they have any explanations for this in the library, aside from Mystery and Science Fiction novels..." He thought for a moment, looking off in the direction of the library, though it was a bit difficult to see due to it being so obscured by fog. "But on the other hand... I do feel drawn to it for some reason, I don't know why."

Aurora is sure if they go there, maybe they could find something that could help them. "It's better than just standing here, let's go." this feeling of being out here, the silence was just unnerving, any place would be better than waiting for an attack or worse. Casting another light spell, Aurora illuminates the way forward, but has to move carefully, that last event has made her feel on edge. 

Starwind walked next to Aurora like a scared filly walking next to her mother though she won't amid she scared, at time she got a bit to close to her when she notice that she when away some she also cast a light spell though not as bright as Aurora it still me her feel a bit better.

Zed followed behind them, every single one of his nerves on edge. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and risked a glance behind him, finding nothing other than a large wall of thick fog and the faint outline of small houses and buildings. He had been to Ponyville many times since he first arrived to Equestria, but this new desolate look... it made his stomach ache with depression. A sudden jolt of pain shot across the boy's shoulders, causing him to suddenly yelp in pain, his voice echoing throughout the vast emptiness. He felt around his pockets before sighing. "Sorry, I didn't scare anyone, did I?" He fiddled with his pockets a bit more, shaking his head. "Oh no..."

• 1 month later...

Looking for a path through the haze, Aurora can only go why what her spell would illuminate. Street lamps once lit are now no longer working, every building and home they pass is in shambles. Her home estate can't be far off either, but that can wait until later. "Something is bugging me, ever since we woke up, I've not seen one sign of hostility." says Aurora. Only one thing comes to her mind, "I don't like this one bit, I hope we find something that will help us. But I suppose that's wishful thinking," Aurora thought to herself. The further they went in, the more uneasy it felt to her. Plus the threat of that shadow that seems to have disappeared for now, but she never dropped her guard, always looking out for it.

Approaching a small candy shop, Aurora looks inside through the window, same as the bookshop she had been in previously. Dark, but a quick light spell should suffice. The light spell is cast, creating another flare-like orb of light. Inside the shop is not faring any better than the last ones they have seen, but nopony in this one. Maybe they weren't in town? Or maybe it wasn't to be open today. Whatever is going on, its not good for them or anypony caught in the nightmares.

Archived