Agile Speeds (Ready)

Lyipheoryia

Name: Agile Speeds (pronounced “a-gile” rather than “a-jile”.)

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Night blue

Coat: Sunshine yellow.  His wings are also night blue.

Mane/Tail: His mane is short cropped, complying to the Equestrian Wonderbolt standards.  His tail is also short.  Both are straight and night blue.

Physique: He is fit, relatively muscular, and tall.  He is unflinching and adopts a cool, cold and emotionless expression.

Residence: Canterlot Castle

Occupation: Command Chief Master Sergeant (yes, it's a mouthful) of the Wonderbolts

Cutie Mark: A circle outlined by a dark blue circle of cloud.  The inner circle is split into half: on the left is half of the sun, and on the right is half of the moon.  It represents him now, rather than him then.  The half-sun and half-moon represents his passion to protect both princesses with equal affinity as Command Chief Master Sergeant of the Wonderbolts.  The circle of cloud represents, however, his sworn oath to protect the Princess of the Moon first (he would still protect both, just this one first) in his Oath of Allegiance. 

His cutie mark appeared during the first time he watched his father wear the Oath of Allegiance after returning from a two-year hiatus to take care of Agile's sick grandfather (now deceased).  He loved the sincerity and warmth of the words, and was immediately inspired to fight for Equestria like his father.  He only noticed that his cutie mark had appeared after his father sat back down and pointed to his flank-he had been so focused on listening to the Oath. 

History: Agile’s father, Fly Bolt, was the First Lieutenant of the Wonderbolts (the second highest ranking position) in his time, and ensured the success of many treaties by protecting the Princesses.  His mother, Lune de Ami, was born and raised in Prance.  She moved to Canterlot a few years after she secured a job as a guard for the Lunar House, where she met Agile’s father.  Agile has a twin sister named Agnatha “Aggie” Speeds.  Aggie teaches at a public school in Canterlot.  The two don’t really get along, as Aggie was against his aspirations to become a soldier.  Agile was born and raised in Canterlot, by his maternal grandparents.  His parents were often away for missions, but they always tried to come home for all holidays or special dates.  He learned about the Equestrian Guard through his father, and aspired to be part of the army.  He studied very hard in school, and graduated first class with honours.  He quickly rose through the ranks as an officer, and is now extremely proud of his title.  He participated in several "peace-keeping tours", in which he protected the Princess while in allied countries.  Despite his busy schedule, he always finds time to spend with his family (and his marefriend, Prune Rose).  Despite not being on the greatest of terms with his sister, he still loves her very much, and hopes that she will someday come to terms with him.  He secretly admires her, and how she is able to look upon the poor, the needy, and the injured with as same as heart as she would look upon the rich.  Because he spent so much time in the presence of royalty, he is used to discrimination amongst the “peasant ponies”.  Occasionally, he also uses the impolite manner of speech-just by habit.  He hopes to abandon this unneeded quality and look at everypony in the same way.

Character Summary:

He has a strong character and loyal heart.  He appreciates every little thing anypony has ever done for him, although he rarely shows it.  He loves the unimportant moments of life, and treasures every gift.  He has a deep understanding of life.  However, he still tries to keep an enigmatic attitude about him, so that he wouldn’t ruin the feelings of others.  He is extremely considerate and kind.  He looks up to those that love and care for others even more than him (his sister).  He is easily forgiving, and never holds a grudge.  He isn’t afraid of much, as he believes that fear is an image conjured by the mind (the "deep understanding of life" part).  He hopes to become a lieutenant like his father, and to spend more time appreciating the night.

Unfortunately, he is also easily angered as the downside of being easily forgiving-he often feels guilt for being upset at the other.  He takes great care to protect the ones that he love, and had much practice at that when he was young (because his sister was a unicorn in a family of pegasi, she was frequently bullied and was often

teased for trying to be more "Pegasus").  He will do anything to protect his family-including risk his life.  He is also very stubborn and headstrong-just like his father.  

Agile Speeds

Image by DavieRocket on FimFiction.net.

Hi there :) I'll be happy to help you with this app. I'm going to leave a few suggestions for changes below and once you've reviewed them and updated your app just post here and I'll take a look.

Overall this character is looking great, with a few changes he will soon be ready to use!

-your character's timing for getting his mark is a little too late. Ponies need to get their mark sooner than the age he would be swearing into the Equestrian Guard.

-along the same lines, the guard ponies seem to either serve one princess or the other in the FiM show so this character needs to align specifically with Celestia or Luna. Of course he can have an affinity for both but he needs to serve one of the two guards to fit in with the FiM show.

-reference to aerion family members doesnt really seem necessary unless you plan on making them into OC CC characters at some point. Aerion are not playable in WoE.

We try to make WoE as true to slice of life in the MLP FiM series as possible which is the reason for most of my suggestions for changes to this app. Aside from the age of receiving the cutie mark, this app is really close to being ready for use in CC, it will take a little more work to get it ready for WoE. Either way, I'm happy to assist you :D

Hi there :) I'll be happy to help you with this app. I'm going to leave a few suggestions for changes below and once you've reviewed them and updated your app just post here and I'll take a look.

Overall this character is looking great, with a few changes he will soon be ready to use!

-your character's timing for getting his mark is a little too late. Ponies need to get their mark sooner than the age he would be swearing into the Equestrian Guard.

-along the same lines, the guard ponies seem to either serve one princess or the other in the FiM show so this character needs to align specifically with Celestia or Luna. Of course he can have an affinity for both but he needs to serve one of the two guards to fit in with the FiM show.

-reference to aerion family members doesnt really seem necessary unless you plan on making them into OC CC characters at some point. Aerion are not playable in WoE.

We try to make WoE as true to slice of life in the MLP FiM series as possible which is the reason for most of my suggestions for changes to this app. Aside from the age of receiving the cutie mark, this app is really close to being ready for use in CC, it will take a little more work to get it ready for WoE. Either way, I'm happy to assist you :D

Thanks for the advice, I'll fix it ASAP.

Thanks for the advice, I'll fix it ASAP.

I fixed them!  I had to keep the "his sister is an Aerion" in the Character Summary, just to tell that he grew up protecting his family-and will do anything for them.

Ok looks like you've been making some changes, on with list of suggestions! :) most of these are to keep this app canon with our lore for WoE. Again, less changes would be needed if this app was up for CC.

-your character needs to be in the Royal Equestrian army or navy. Our lore does not have an Air Force. The closet to that would be the Wonderbolts.

-in the mane and tail section you stated Militia standards. This needs to be changed to REA or REN.

-it needs to be stated clearly that he is in a branch of Royal Eauestria or Lunar Gaurd, he can't be in both.

-a two year war is referenced that his father was involved in. Our lore states that the military branches of Equestria do not engage in foreign conflict. They are in service to maintain peace mostly.

-you mention that his sister teaches at a public school for orphans. I think just a public school would do. WoE is slice of life to the MLP show and we just don't see a lot of orphans in the show. Certainly not enough to need a whole school for them.

-I don't think it is necessary for his sister to be Aerion. Having her be picked on is one thing but physical abuse and being called a monstrosity won't be acceptable for WoE. I suggest you give her another reason for being picked on if you believe it is necessary for the development of your character. If it isn't I would highly suggest altering that part of the app. Perhaps there are other reasons why he might be easily angered?

- I highly suggest you read through our accepted lore on the armed forces of Equestria as this app seems very war focused and the forces of Equestria are devoted in large part to keeping peace. http://www.canterlot.com/topic/18163-lore-royal-equestrian-guard/

Let's keep working in this and I'm sure it will be ready soon! Remember if this app is moved to CC much less would need to be changed.

Ok looks like you've been making some changes, on with list of suggestions! :) most of these are to keep this app canon with our lore for WoE. Again, less changes would be needed if this app was up for CC.

-your character needs to be in the Royal Equestrian army or navy. Our lore does not have an Air Force. The closet to that would be the Wonderbolts.

-in the mane and tail section you stated Militia standards. This needs to be changed to REA or REN.

-it needs to be stated clearly that he is in a branch of Royal Eauestria or Lunar Gaurd, he can't be in both.

-a two year war is referenced that his father was involved in. Our lore states that the military branches of Equestria do not engage in foreign conflict. They are in service to maintain peace mostly.

-you mention that his sister teaches at a public school for orphans. I think just a public school would do. WoE is slice of life to the MLP show and we just don't see a lot of orphans in the show. Certainly not enough to need a whole school for them.

-I don't think it is necessary for his sister to be Aerion. Having her be picked on is one thing but physical abuse and being called a monstrosity won't be acceptable for WoE. I suggest you give her another reason for being picked on if you believe it is necessary for the development of your character. If it isn't I would highly suggest altering that part of the app. Perhaps there are other reasons why he might be easily angered?

- I highly suggest you read through our accepted lore on the armed forces of Equestria as this app seems very war focused and the forces of Equestria are devoted in large part to keeping peace. http://www.canterlot.com/topic/18163-lore-royal-equestrian-guard/

Let's keep working in this and I'm sure it will be ready soon! Remember if this app is moved to CC much less would need to be changed.

Thanks again!  I didn't realize that there was a lore for the REG, and was kind-of worried about going "off-lore".  I tried to fix as much as I could; please remind me if I forgot to add in something!  Thanks...

Ok! This is almost ready to go :D Thanks so much for working through this process. I think when we are done you will have a character you can very much enjoy RPing with.

-Though we don't have an actual list of rankings for the Wonderbolts, the highest office we have seen in the show is Captain which is held by Spitfire . Since the RP world here is set into the time frame the show is currently in, it is assumed that Spitfire is still in control of the Wonderbolts as the Captain. Your character can certainly be in the Wonderbolts, and have a title such as Stunt Flier or Primer Flier or something along those lines but they can't be the highest rank in the Wonderbolts as that position is held by a cast character. (I play Spitfire in WoE and I would be happy to RP with you with this character once he gets approved. That could be really fun!)

-In your character summary section you state: "e hopes to become a high-ranking general like his father, and to spend more time appreciating the night." In your Occupation section you state: "Brigadier General of the Wonderbolts" Make sure these match up and that you use an appropriate position within the Wonderbolts for him to have. I'm thinking he could be a seasoned member of the group with perhaps some sort of special role if you wanted to give him that. I would however say that just being a seasoned and well respected member of the group would work great.

Let me know here when you've had a chance to edit. :D

Ok! This is almost ready to go :D Thanks so much for working through this process. I think when we are done you will have a character you can very much enjoy RPing with.

-Though we don't have an actual list of rankings for the Wonderbolts, the highest office we have seen in the show is Captain which is held by Spitfire . Since the RP world here is set into the time frame the show is currently in, it is assumed that Spitfire is still in control of the Wonderbolts as the Captain. Your character can certainly be in the Wonderbolts, and have a title such as Stunt Flier or Primer Flier or something along those lines but they can't be the highest rank in the Wonderbolts as that position is held by a cast character. (I play Spitfire in WoE and I would be happy to RP with you with this character once he gets approved. That could be really fun!)

-In your character summary section you state: "e hopes to become a high-ranking general like his father, and to spend more time appreciating the night." In your Occupation section you state: "Brigadier General of the Wonderbolts" Make sure these match up and that you use an appropriate position within the Wonderbolts for him to have. I'm thinking he could be a seasoned member of the group with perhaps some sort of special role if you wanted to give him that. I would however say that just being a seasoned and well respected member of the group would work great.

Let me know here when you've had a chance to edit. :D

I fixed it!  Last time I checked: Lieutenant should be right below Captain, and Command Chief Master Sergeant is below both (by American Air Force).

• 1 month later...

Archived