Saving the Hero (See OOC)

(OOC: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/21135-hero-needs-help-ooc/page-2)

Celestia paced back and forth in front of everypony, obviously on edge. It had been seven years since she had adopted Zed into the Royal Family, and now this happened. Three days ago, she had sent the young angel on a simple mission to deliver a message... but the boy was ambushed by a group of Changelings of Chrysalis's brood halfway out of Canterlot. Celestia, Luna, and the rest of the Royal Family were informed that Chrysalis will release Zed... If they chose to hand over all of Equestria to her. If they refused, then Chrysalis will use Zed to take the entire land by force.

"What are we going to do?" Solar asked. He had long since abandoned his normal way of communicating, slowly getting over his shyness of others... Especially now that his foster brother was in danger.

Celestia sighed, her eyes closed for a bit. "If we don't do something, Chrysalis will turn Zed against us. And with Zed being as powerful as he is..." She shook her head.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I concur my dear sister, we must do something." Luna said also closing her eyes slightly after Celstia said all that. "I don't want to know what would happen if they decided to use Zed against us."

Darky nodded after they said all that. "We must think on something." The grey alicorn with dark mane and tail said. He had blue eyes and was quite big, but not as Luna.

Not so long after, a beautiful alicor. mare with a charcoal coat, night sky mane and purple eyes went into the room. "Is it true? They got Zed?" Lullaby asked, clearly worried.

Darky nodded. "Yes, my daughter, it is." He said.

Luna just nodded to her daughter.

"We must think on something!" She said.

"Calm down." Solar replied, anxiously pacing back and forth. "Zed is an angel, and he loves all of us.. Chrysalis won't be able to convince him to turn against us so easily. Right?"

"Sweetie..." Celestia said, sighing heavily. "Zed may be an angel, but he is still very much vulnerable to magic, and quite possibly manipulation." Upon hearing this, Solar shook his head and rubbed his temples. "We have to rescue him. It's the only way." It was clear that Solar had been affected greatly from the entire situation, considering that Zed just as much family as Celestia and Luna, despite the difference in appearance. "I... I just want him back.."

Lullaby sighed but nodded, then calmed down. "Yes, we must..." she said. She walkrd around, thinking on something.

Darky nodded, them sighed. "Yes. Still, we can't send a full force to save him." He said, looking out. "Perhaps a smaller force might get there easily." He added.

"Hmm... perhaps you are right." Luna said after a moment. "That sounds like a plan." She said, opening her eyes. "And who shall go?"

"I... still have to think that part." Darky replied, then turned to both Solar and Tia. "Any ideas?" He asked them, as well as Luna and Lullaby.

Without a moment's hesitation, Solar stepped forward. "I will go. He's my brother, after all." Celestia sighed at this, but made no move to stop him. She knew that nothing could keep Solar from getting in on this, and the fact that he was much older and more capable than the little Alicorn she remembered made her all the more confident that he would be able to help.

"All right..." She said, sitting down on her throne. "But I will not allow you to go by yourself. Someone must go with you."

"I will go!" Lullaby said, steppig, forward.

Luna gasped. "Lullaby!" She said. "No, you will not go!"

"Mom!" Lullaby said. "I need ti save him to and Solar needs help!"

Darky didn't said anything. "I will take care of her." He said after a moment.

"Darky!" Luna said.

Solar smiled as Lullaby volunteered, then nodded as Darky also joined in. He looked up at Luna, a pleading expression on his face. "Aunt Luna, please... We need to get him back, and we might be the only ones who will be able to do it. Don't worry, we'll be all right." He said, looking to Darky and Lullaby.

"But even so, you still need more ponies. I will send out a few messages, and they should arrive within a few minutes." Celestia said. She turned to Luna. "If you would like, dear sister, you can join them. But I cannot. I must stay behind and attend royal duties."

~Meanwhile~

Zed jerked awake to something hard jabbing into his ribs, and he shook away the grogginess from his head. His arms and legs were bound by some slime-like substance, and no matter how hard he pulled, he was unable to break free. He groaned in pain at the pain in his shoulders due to being denied his regular pain medication. "You... You do know this is a huge mistake, right? Kidnapping someone of the Royal Family... Not to mention an angel." He snapped, his head hanging low.

Luna was not sure what to say. Let them go or go with them. She still had to take care of the night...

"As long as you can take care of my duties I will go." Luna said to Tia after a moment. "Still, I will visit you in your dreams to inform you of our progress." She added.

Darky and Lullaby smiled. It looked that the whole Lunar family was going.

-----

"Hoho, look how I'm shaking." A voice said from somewhere. It was a female voice, and one quite familiar. "Like if I hadn't dealed with royalty before." The voice added from the shadows. It was almost impossible to tell who it was, but a bit obvious perhaps, well fror someone that was at the Canterlot invasion long ago, during Cadence's wedding.

Celestia nodded at this. "Very well, sister. I will take care of your duties while you are gone. But all of you be careful... I do not want to lose anymore of my family." She replied, nodding her head.

"Don't worry, Mother." Solar said with a smile. "We've been through worse situations than this. And we know where they're holding him. We'll be fine."

"Of course..." Tia replied with a smile.

-----

Zed's eyes darted in the direction he heard the voice from, and he tugged at his bindings a bit more. He did not really expect someone to answer his threats right away... "Who is it? Who's there?" He said. Of course, he recognized the voice, considering he heard it quite a few times when the Changelings dragged him here. But he did not know exactly who it was that planned his kidnapping. "What do you want from me?!" He demanded.

Darky smiled and nodded. "Sure. We will be fine." He said proudly.

Lullaby nodded happily after that.

Luna just nodded.

-----

"Who am I?" The voice asked, almost offended. "Didn't your mommy told you about the only one that had managed to defeat her?" the voice said chuckling a bit. "I'm Chrysalis, queen of the changeling, and soon of all Equestria." She said smirking as she walked out of the shadows with a pair of changeling by her sides.

"What do I want from you?" She chuckled and smirked, shaking her head slowly. "No, no, silly, is what you will do for me." She said with an evil grin.

The lavender-eyed mare watched the exchange between the Angel and Queen from a distance. 'And so begins the banter.' She thought with a slightly amused smirk. She had to give to the Angel, any other pony wouldn't have the guts to even think of throughing a retort back at the insect like queen. Even HooDoo herself was slightly intimidated by the mare and she had seen many questionable characters in her life-time.

The mare looked around at her surroundings dank and dark. 'Not very homely is it?' How did one such as herself end up a situation like this? Ah, well whatever. With the two royals the bits was sure to be plentiful.

The unicorn shook her head and got her hooves. 'Might as well go say hello to our guest.' She thought as she walked closer to where the angel was bound.

(couldn't find the ooc thing, still you need a Changeling here

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/21138-midnight-shadow/)

~Meanwhile~

Zed jerked awake to something hard jabbing into his ribs, and he shook away the grogginess from his head. His arms and legs were bound by some slime-like substance, and no matter how hard he pulled, he was unable to break free. He groaned in pain at the pain in his shoulders due to being denied his regular pain medication. "You... You do know this is a huge mistake, right? Kidnapping someone of the Royal Family... Not to mention an angel." He snapped, his head hanging low.

"Hoho, look how I'm shaking." A voice said from somewhere. It was a female voice, and one quite familiar. "Like if I hadn't dealed with royalty before." The voice added from the shadows. It was almost impossible to tell who it was, but a bit obvious perhaps, well fror someone that was at the Canterlot invasion long ago, during Cadence's wedding.

"Who am I?" The voice asked, almost offended. "Didn't your mommy told you about the only one that had managed to defeat her?" the voice said chuckling a bit. "I'm Chrysalis, queen of the changeling, and soon of all Equestria." She said smirking as she walked out of the shadows with a pair of changeling by her sides.

"What do I want from you?" She chuckled and smirked, shaking her head slowly. "No, no, silly, is what you will do for me." She said with an evil grin.

The lavender-eyed mare watched the exchange between the Angel and Queen from a distance. 'And so begins the banter.' She thought with a slightly amused smirk. She had to give to the Angel, any other pony wouldn't have the guts to even think of throughing a retort back at the insect like queen. Even HooDoo herself was slightly intimidated by the mare and she had seen many questionable characters in her life-time.

The mare looked around at her surroundings dank and dark. 'Not very homely is it?' How did one such as herself end up a situation like this? Ah, well whatever. With the two royals the bits was sure to be plentiful.

The unicorn shook her head and got her hooves. 'Might as well go say hello to our guest.' She thought as she walked closer to where the angel was bound.

Midnight Shadow glanced at her other Changeling comrade and back at her Queen. She glanced at the bound Angel and gently started to feed on his slight fear. She instantly stopped when the Queen looked at her and she trotted back letting out a soft whimper, didn't she realize she was hungry, and this food was ......... 

The other Changeling nudged her reminding her of her place in the food table. Chrysalis was the queen so she could feed first.... For now, she would enjoy him later on, when he wasn't with Chrysalis, she didn't like the non-food plan, why keep a pony when you wouldn't feed on it. She had helped capture the thing, why couldn't she even have a slight nibble on it.

She was still brooding when..

She noticed a Unicorn walking towards the Angel and stepped out off the group of Changelings to intercept, this mare wasn't about to skip the feeding queue. She stood in-front of her and frowned "where do you thing you're going?" she demanded angrily, "you think you can simply just walk in here and skip the feeding queue?" she challenged menacingly. 

Midnight Shadow's wings began to twitch showing her annoyance, along with her hungry belly this was a bad combo. The nearby changelings knew Midnight's personally and that this could get nasty, quickly. They stepped away from the dark changeling glancing back at their Queen for help.

Midnight ignored the others and began feeding of the Unicorn's emotions, a talent she was rather good at, she glowed slightly in the darkness a nice red aurora covered her as she slowly fed.

"All right, then it's settled." Solar said, nodding to his mother. He turned and began walking down the main hall, motioning for the others to follow. "I have a train waiting for us right outside. It shouldn't take us too long to get there." He said quietly, his eyes downcast. "Let's just get in there and bring him home."

----

Zed rolled his eyes once Chrysalis showed herself. "Nah, Mother never said anything. I guess it just wasn't that important." He said with a smirk. His eyes widened a bit in fear when she mentioned him doing something for her, before he regained his normal composure. "Yeah... No..." Zed replied with a shrug. "I don't know what you have planned, but I'm pretty sure it won't involve me doing anything for you." He looked up at the Changeling queen. She was much taller than him, given the fact that Zed was only as tall as the average pony. "That means screw off, if you didn't understand." The boy had always been known for his cocky attitude. He glanced over curiously at the unicorn speaking with one of Chrysalis's changelings. It then dawned onto him that his own emotions must be flowing strongly, along with his love for the Royal Family... which would make him seem like a never-ending buffet for Changelings.

Darky, Luna and Lullaby nodded, then followed Solar.

"Lets do this!" Lullaby said proudly.

Luna smiled at that. "Indeed, lets save him." She said.

Darky limited himself to follow.

-----

"Oh, so you say you wont do anything for us. Do you?" Chrysalis started laughing, then her horn glowed and started feeding herself from thr emotions Zed had for his family. It wasn't as strong as she thought, but it was still quite good. "How silly, you are already doing it." She said smirking as she feed on him.

She then heard her changelings and a pony coming. She turned around, steel feeding herself and looked at the one trying to feed himself from the unicorn. "Stop it!" She ordered to her changeling. "I invited the pony to come here. She will be if great help to us." She said smirking. "No, come hetr dear. I don't bite... that hard." She said with an evil Smirk to the unicorn.

HooDoo stopped in her tracks when approached by the changeling. "Well aren't you charming." Her voice dripping with sarcasm as the changeling began to feed. 'Hm.Maybe a good horn-jab to the eye.would deter this half starved bug.' She thought venomously but stopped when the Queen intervened. Eh,physical violence wasn't her forte in the first place. "Best not anger the Queen, hm?" She looked the small changeling square in the eyes before side stepping with a smug grin.

She would remember that bug. Maybe when they were.alone she could toy with her mind a bit. A little nightmare to show she was not to be messed with. "You wished to speak with me, Queen Chysalis?" She inquired looking up at the tall mare with a calm expression.

"Now, how do you expect to find him?" A voice said coming from a painted window as Solar and the others passed. Discord stepped out of the window pannel looking flat. He put his thumb in his mouth and blew which made him become rounded. "You'll need somepony to sense for Chysalis' or Zed's magic." He continued walking to Luna. He removed her horn with a pop and started to smoke it like a cigar.

Midnight Stepped away from the Unicorn letting her go... For now.

Her red eyes watched the exchange with the Queen and the Unicorn, her eyes narrowing. She decided to eve-drop on the conversation she wasn't about to be left in the dark when food was at stake.

She sat with a group of other Changelings while she listened in.

Solar glanced up as soon as he heard Discord's voice, and he rolled his eyes. Reaching up, he snatched Luna's horn away from him, handing it back to Luna. "Our scouts have found out where they might be hiding, that's about it. As for somepony to sense them, yes. We may need that."

---

Zed flinched once he felt Chrysalis beginning to feed off of his emotions, and he immediately surpressed them. Throughout most of his life, he had been bottling up his emotions to where he could not feel anything at all, and that is exactly what happened right then. "You keep your dirty fangs away from my emotions, thank you." He said, continuing to pull at his restraints. "I'll make you a deal. You let me go, and I won't blow this entire hideout and everyone in it to oblivion." To emphasize the threat, he used a quick spell that normally lit the area around him ablaze. However, instead of creating an inferno, a sharp pain erupted in his shoulder blades. He screamed out in pain, remembering that it would be impossible for him to do anything without his daily pain medications. "Nggh..." He moaned, the pain finally beginning to fade.

"Hey!" Luna said after Discord took her horn and used it as a cigar. She took it after Solar gave it back.

Darky chuckled a bit after that happened, finding it a bit hilarius.

"Shut up!" Luna demanded to darky, blushing.

-----

Chrysalis turned to Zed after a moment, chuckling. "Heh... you thought we wouldnt be ready for you?" She said smirking. "We investigated you for quite some time. We knew exactly how to deal with you." She said, then turned to the mare.

"So the reason I brought you here." She said to her, smirking. "I will need help in hypnotizing him to work for us." She saida ss he kead her to a side if the room si Zed didn't heard them.

HooDoo listened as Chrysalis whispered her plans to her. When the insect Queen had finished her explanation, the light brown mare looked over her shoulder at the Angel. Judging from his screaming he was in some sort of pain. Hm. She could probably use that as an advantage. She thought her eyes scanning over his form before turning back to her client. "I suppose I could do that" She began"However I will need some time with him first." She stated plainly. "A creature such as him will need more to time to be...persuaded." HooDoo examined her hoof before looking back at the Queen. "I'm sure you are aware that my services come with a price?"

"Well then. Let's get to the train." Discord replied opening a door that should have lead deeper into the castle, instead on the other was the boarding platform at the canterlot train station. As the ponies filed through the door Discord took Luna's horn, licked the bottom and placed it back on her head.

HooDoo listened as Chrysalis whispered her plans to her. When the insect Queen had finished her explanation, the light brown mare looked over her shoulder at the Angel. Judging from his screaming he was in some sort of pain. Hm. She could probably use that as an advantage. She thought her eyes scanning over his form before turning back to her client. "I suppose I could do that" She began"However I will need some time with him first." She stated plainly. "A creature such as him will need more to time to be...persuaded." HooDoo examined her hoof before looking back at the Queen. "I'm sure you are aware that my services come with a price?"

Midnight had heard enough, she got up and trotted over to the queen with several changelings following her, she glanced at the Angel a strange thing as he was, she then looked back at Chrysalis ignoring the Unicorn for now. "Chrysalis, why are you taking orders from that Unicorn? Make her do her duty rather then give in to her demands" she said frowning at her Queen, a queen does not bow to a subordinate that was common knowledge.

Midnight glanced as her comrades spoke up, "there's been concern, that well, you've lost you're touch. Ever since that incident at Cadance's wedding, you've been distracted" the male changeling stated before getting support from several other members.

Midnight licked her hoof " far be it from me to question you, but We've gone from being kicked out of Canterlot, to risk everything on this plan of yours. This Angel would be better used as a bargaining chip to make Celestia remove her Changeling shield, then we could invade again while you work on turning this Angel to our side" she explained.

Midnight then looked at the Angel "he isn't much help when he is in *that* condition, he couldn't even make a spark appear, let alone kill Celestia, unless you know how to heal him, you're dead in the water before we've even started" she remarked pointedly.

The Changeling male then continued "make Midnight a lesser Queen for the war, or at least listen to her wisdom" he advised.

A faint orange light could be seen in the shadows of the cast. Once the group left Seven reveal himself. He walked infant of Princess Celestia and gave a short bow. "You request my service princess?" he asked softly taking one last look to make sure they were alone.

As Seven approached, Celestia nodded politely. "Zed has been kidnapped, and I need you to go with my son and the Lunar Family to try and rescue him. They will fill you in on the details." She said.

"Discord!" Solar let out a heavy sigh, quickly closing the door. He knew this castle very well, and knew for a fact that the door only would have led them deeper into the castle. "We're going out the main entrance to the train, that's it. I need you to be serious about this." He glanced back at his mother, then motioned for Seven to follow.

---

Despite Zed's current state, his acute sense of hearing did not fail him. Upon hearing their plan, his hands clenched within his bindings. "Over my dead body. I'm not helping any of you." Zed growled. Though, as much as he hated to admit it, there was absolutely nothing he can do. He tugged at his restraints a bit more, then winced as his shoulders once again began to ache. Three days without his pain medication was really beginning to take a toll on him.

Luna growled something as Discord did that, angry.

Darky giggled a bit at that, nuzzling her to calm her down and make her blush a bit more.

Lullaby just smiled and followed everypony else.

-----

Chrysalis turned to her changelinga. "That's enough!" She said angrily, her horn glowing, ready to take them down. "I will not accept this kind of talking in here!" She demanded. "I know pretty well he will not be usefull like that." She said smirking. "But I have simething to deal with that." She added but nit saying what it was.

She went with Zed, placing her hoof in his chin."relax little one, you will need your forces to take down everything that oposes me." She said laughing, then went with the unicorn.

"Yes, you will be rewarded, but in due time." She limited herself to say. "Right now we have more important matters to attend." She said looking back to her changeling. "Now, get ready. I know perfectly well that those ponies will try to save him." She said seriously to them. "And we still need Sombra out so plan can carry on." She added, turning away. "Free him from his prision and bring him here." She said to another group. Soon those left.

Archived