Saving the Hero (See OOC)

The Lunar familiy remained silent. Even if Discord screwed it up, Seven was right.

Darky sighed and stood up, then stonped his hoof. "Alright everypony! Cheer up! We are going to save Zed!" He said proudly.

Luna and Lullaby smiled to him.

-----

'Oh... you break my heart.' Chrysalis replied, then laughed one last time. 'But whatever. I will see you soon.' She said, then stood up and left to see how the progress with Sombra was.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She listened to the Queen's hoofsteps as she left. 'Good. It was now the two of them. Maybe this one on one time could get her closer to the goal.' She pondered for a moment before returning her attention back to the prisoner. "Yes, we are both different from the rest. You ever get the feeling you never really belonged?" "An outcast?" She questioned her eyes searching for some sort of expression change. "However, you have something that I do not. And truth be told I'm jealous." From the background that was given to her about the Angel she knew his place amongst the Royal family and how they took him after his fall.

Solar took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart. He tried taking his mind off of the possibilities of failure and focusing on the more positive aspects. "Eh, well... We're getting the castle ready... Planning a surprise party for Zed once we bring him home. And I'm getting better with flying..." He thought for a moment, before looking at Darky. "Have you ever noticed how Zed never really asks for anything specific for his birthday?" He asked.

---

As the unicorn spoke, a small dagger of pain stabbed into the boy's chest. This was... a rather different approach than the one he had been expecting. "An... Outcast...?" He said. As much as he wanted to deny it, the word really did strike home. For a moment, his expression softened a bit, allowing the last few words to sink in. He had something she didn't? What was that supposed to mean? "I... have no idea what you're talking about." He said, his expression hardening once again. However, the bright green glow in his eyes slowly faded, and the pain in his eyes was more than obvious, no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

Darky nodded. "Yes. I noticed just recently." He admited.

Luna nodded also. "He had been like that as long as I remember." She said.

Lullaby shrugged. She was the one that knew him the less.

Oh, and there it was. The first wall surrounding his mind weakned. She could almost here the cracking. She nodded slowly. "You have a family. Ponies who actually care for you." She stressed. "Myself on the other hoof..." Sne gave a rueful almost pitiful smile at the ground. "I'm all alone." The look of pain in her own eyes."My 'family' broke apart years ago. Split apart and never to be mended again. And guess who was left behind, Zed?" Her voice tinged with sorrow the lump in her throat not making it any easier.

"He does make it hard to shop for him." Discord added chewing gum. He blew a bubble which disconnected from his lips and floated over to Seven before popping on his eye slugger covering Seven's face.

(Edit)

(( Seven doesn't have a horn, he's an earth pony, I think you were referring to his eye slugger)

Seven, seeing the he couldn't add to the conversation looked at out the window. He was about to reflect on his life and goals when.....

"Pop!"

Suddenly his vision was obscured by a pink mass. "DYUWAH!" he loudly grunted. In his shock he has lost his eye slugger and now he was, blindly, searching for it.

---------------------

Krulos noticed Queen Chrysalis enter the room, "My queen, he is almost ready" he reported with a quick bow.

"Yeah... The only thing we really do is try to guess what he would want. He usually does seem very happy with whatever we get him." Solar replied with a nod. He heard a sudden pop and looked over at Seven, finding him blindly searching for his eye slugger. He found it rolling towards him, and he carefully picked it up and handed it back. "Uh... Here you go." He said, glaring at Discord. "Anyway... We'll try and figure it all out once we bring him home."

---

Now this was most definitely interesting. Zed's eyes lowered to the ground as his mind processed what the unicorn had said. In all honesty, it made his heart ache a bit to hear how much she reminded him so much of himself. "Oh..." He said, unable to think of anything to say. Then he thought... perhaps the unicorn really didn't want to do this, yet she had absolutely no other choice? No... No, he was not about to let himself fall for her sob story. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened... if it really did happen... But I already told you that you're not going to get to me." Despite what he said, he very much felt sympathy for the unicorn. Perhaps she isn't lying..?

Luna nodded. "For what I've seen, he is usually ok with that." she said smiling. "He had always been like that."

Darky heard the pop and turned. He chuckled a bit at the scene and then went to help if he could.

-----

Chrysalis smirked. "Good." She said smirking a bit more. "Bring him to the throne room when he is free. And keep me updated." She added.

Another minuscule crack to the impenetrable wall.

A small breathy chuckle fell from her lips as she listened to him. "How easy must it be to say 'sorry' to one so broken and below you." Her throat was tight now as old wounds surfaced. She hated this. Absolutely loathed this feeling. The feeling one got when talking of the past. That aching in the chest and throat. The burning of tear brimmed eyes. She felt stupid and weak. This was a tactic the unicorn did not use often. What she said was true and the feelings were real...it didn't make it any more easier. "You may have that family now...but it won't last...it never does."

Discord chuckled as he watched the group struggle to help Seven. Then he noticed Solar glaring at him. "Oh Solar you need to lighten up." He said looking out the window to see they were crossing over a bridge with a long drop. He picked up Solar, wrapped his tail around a seat leg and jumped out the window.as they fell discord's body unraveled like a slinky. Just before touching the ground Discord tightened like a bungee cord and pulled them back into the train.

Seven managed after a good deal of effort, to clear his visors. "thank you" he said to Solar as he replaced (no pin intended)his Eye slugger. "Of course my magic and fire  proof suit drops like a fly to gum" he mumbled quietly to himself and sat down again.

The young Alicorn prince let out a heavy sigh. "Discord, it's really not the time for-" He stopped as Discord suddenly picked him up, and before he could protest, he felt them both spiraling downward below the train. "Hey, what are you doooooooiiiiiiiiinnnnngg!!!???" He yelled. As soon as they were back into the train, Solar's mane was a mess from the wind, and he was holding onto Discord tightly. "Don't... ever... do that again..."

---

Within his restraints, Zed's fists clenched even tighter at that last part. But as much as he hated to admit it... she was right. Throughout his entire life, families came and went, not even giving him a second thought. For the most part, he thought that his greatest fear was losing those he cared so much for. But that was not it. His greatest fear was becoming too attached to those around him... because those bonds would never last. As much as he absolutely loathed to think it, but the Royal Family were never going to truly accept him. Every fiber of his being wanted to shout that the unicorn was wrong... But instead, a single tear fell from the boy's cheek, and dropped to the damp ground below. "You're right..." He said, his voice noticeably hoarse.

Darky chuckled a bit afer what happened. "That looks fun. Mind if I try?" He asked Discord smiling as he walked towards him.

"Darkness! Act like a grown up Stallion!" Luna demanded after he did that.

"But dear, that is so boring!" He replied, smiling.

Lullaby chuckled a bit at that. "Father, you are 40 years old." She said smiling.

"So what? I feel 20!" he said smiling.

Luna facehoofed.

-----

Chrysalis went back to the throne room and sat in her throne without saying anything, she just watched the unicorn work.

Then there was a loud thump that came from on top of the train followed by footsteps to the door in between the cars

the door slid open revealing a grey and silver areion with a mostly blue mane and tail

he closed his wings as he stepped in the door. he then smiled to luna before bowing

"your majesty im sorry for not arriving at the train station on time, letters are a bit difficult to get up north" brave said then stood up strait

the lunar captain was defenetly getting old but still looked strong as he had the first time he had meet zed all those years ago

"somepony want to fill me in?" he asked as he stepped aside guarding the door out of instinct

Finally, it was almost time.

She had him. His mind was nearly in her grasp she could almost feel. HooDoo she couldn't jump the gun just yet, it could easily mess up what she has worked for thus far. She would continue to be patient and wait for the perfect chance. She barely heard the Queen walk back in, hopefully Chrysalis would do the same. "Why let yourself be hurt over and over again? " Her hoof steps clicked softly on the ground as she approached the boy. " We both know that once you are no longer useful to them...they'll forgot about you." Her voice soft and sympathatic "And you'll be no better than me...it's not fair but it's what life has dealt us." She reached out a darkened hoof and very gentlely placed it on his chest. "From one outcast to another...let me help ease that pain."

Discord lost it when he looked at Solar. When Darkly approached him asking for a try he smiled "Of course." He said grabbing him with his lion's paw and pushed him put the window. Discord turned to the new stallion who joined the team "we left caterlot and are now bungee jumping from the train. Want a turn?" He said as his arm stretched as Darkly fell and then pulled him back in just before Darkly touched the ground.

Seven grinned and decided to play along with discord, "Yes welcome to the circus, tickets are here" he pointed to himself. "Bungee jumps and snacks are there" he pointed to discord. "And the gift shop is there" he pointed to luna and lullaby. "I hope you enjoy your stay.

---------------------------

Krulos smirked as he saw the process with Sombra was complete. Hopefully the former king would be in a good mood.

"Anyway!" Solar said quickly, straightening his mane up and sitting back down in his seat, not paying attention to Discord. "Brave... Zed's been captured... By Chrysalis. She plans on turning him against us and using him to take over all of Equestria. So, we're going to rescue him." Solar shook his head. "I have no idea how the Changelings managed to restrain a walking powerhouse like him, but they did. And if they turned him against us..." He paused, before looking up. "But they won't. We'll get to him before any of that happens. Zed would never allow himself to just give up."

---

Another tear drop joined the first, and Zed let out a shaky sob. It was strange... he could not remember the last time he let himself cry, yet here he was at the mercy of Chrysalis and HooDoo, completely heartbroken. He wanted to regain his composure and tell the unicorn that she was wrong, and to leave him alone. But he couldn't. She had struck a chord that no one else had before. As she approached him and laid a hoof on his chest, he tensed up and glared at her yet again, but it was no use. Without a single word, he allowed himself to go limp, his head hanging low as one last tear drop fell to the ground below, showing that he had given up. He had been hurting his entire life, and he only wanted the pain to stop.

No matter what the cost.

"Wooooo!!!!" Darky said after Discord pushed him from the train and then went back up.

Luna faced hoofed with her two fooves now after Seven said that.

Lullaby giggled. "Sure. Welcome to the gift shop. We got many things for you to buy in here." She said smiling.

"No, you to Lullaby?" Luna said, sighing.

"That was fun." Darky said to Discord as soon as he was up again.

Brave rolls his eyes at seeing what the lunar family was doing before turning to solar

"We may have to even if we don't want to" he said his face getting serious "and if we don't get there in time it's our job to stop them no matter what" he then paused remembering the BS he and zed had when ever they didn't work and all the times he had been there when he had nopony to help him up

He then sighed "as much as he is family to all of use in some way or anouther we need to mentally and physically prepare for a worst case scenario or all of equestria will pay for it and I don't even think twilight could find it in her to fight zed let alone the others in ponyville" he said pointing out that they were the first and most likely last line of defense if zed faltered

------

A menacing growl came from sombras body as he looked up

His eyes Showed a green flame coming from them as anger could be recognized within each one

"How dare you take so long to free me!" He boomed to the createn in front him "one thousand years was long enough and you wait a full ten after that!"

From behind krulos a sinister looking scythe arose from the shadows

"Give me one reason I shouldn't devour your soul in fear" he threatened as he took a step closer

And there it was...the brake.

HooDoo patted the boy's chest in a soothing manner as if to console him. "There, there," she moved her hoof up to his chin and lifted his head to look her in the eyes "It'll all be over soon." The mare's eyes glassy from the tears that she held back. Hidden behind his emerald orbs she could see defeat, almost as if he had given up. She honestly felt bad for the two legged creature. In their small session that they shared he had earned her respect. She pushed those feelings aside however, as her horn began to glow a light purple as did her eyes. "You are tired and hurt, Zed. Look into my eyes for comfort." She gently commanded as the light purple aura began surrounding Zed's form. "When you here this click" Her horn momentarily sparked giving off a clicking noise."You will fall into a trance like state and render yourself completely calm. One, two," Her horn sparked again giving off a resounding click.

"Oh Luna. What happened to you. You used to be fun." Discord chuckled then asked "remember when I trapped Celestia in the infinite staircase? I think Zed helped me with that one too." The reminder of Zed caused Discord to go silent but in an attempt to hide his grief he began planning a prank for his new victim: Bravesheild.

Archived