Dawn Whisper (Ready)

AlextheAngel

Name: Dawn Whisper

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Green

Character Color: Sort of a beige-colored pelt

Mane/Tail/Other: His mane style has a bit of a shaggy look to it, with the bangs either covering his eyes a little, or parted away from his eyes. During special occasions that require a more professional look, he tends to keep it brushed neatly out of his face entirely. The mane color is brown with one red stripe, along with his tail. He also has a tattoo of an eastern dragon on his right foreleg (See spoiler below.).

I4cb1zW.png(Done by the wonderful Zeig!)

Physique: Dawn has a rather wiry build, and is fairly tall.

Residence: Canterlot, but he tends to travel around due to other cities requesting him to perform at different events.

Occupation: A musician, mainly in the Metal genre. Known very well throughout Equestria.

Cutie Mark: A silver microphone.

Cutie Mark story: After a bit of time making a fair amount of money selling songs, Dawn decided to expand his name a bit. So after weeks of practicing, he decided to try his luck at the Grand Galoping Gala, which would trigger a spur of events that would change his life forever. Before he was next on stage, he nearly had a mental breakdown due to having a history of stage fright. However, after short, but rather inspiring talk with one of the other performers, he summoned up enough courage to walk out on stage right before his act was going to be cancelled. About four minutes later, the crowd erupted into thunderous applause once he finished his performance. Not long after, his cutie mark appeared in its respective place, and Dawn completely broke down into tears. When questioned today about the endeavor by interviewers, he described it as being "the most moving experience in his entire life."

Unique Traits: He is fairly talented at guitar and drum and bass editing, but his main talent is singing.

History: Dawn's parents abandoned him at a foster home in Canterlot when he was very young, and he grew up having no knowledge of who they were. He would often spend hours of the day in deep thought, pondering over the same questions: Who were his parents? Why did they leave him? Where were they now? One day, he asked his foster mother about his parents, who gave him the names Sun and Star. When he asked why they left, his foster mother replied with: "They never said why. The only thing they mentioned was a small bridge over a stream in Ponyville. After that, they left in a great hurry and I never saw them again." One day, he decided to stop thinking about his parents so much, and began searching for things to take his mind off of it. It was then that he found his talent for singing, while listening to a CD his foster mother gave him. Once he was old enough, he began searching for a job in order to earn money, but the only job available at the time was a waiter at a local bakery. After a few months, he finally saved up enough money to buy an electric guitar, which he taught himself to play over the course of five months. Soon enough, he even began to make extra money by also performing at the bakery. Once the time had come for him to leave the foster home, he used the money he made at his previous job to buy a house, which he turned into his own private studio. To this day, he has self-published three different albums, and spends much of his days writing lyrics.

SPOILER ALERT:

WARNING: Everything in this spoiler was supposed to be a surprise. If you wish to wait and find out about Dawn's secret family history, then DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!! However, if you enjoy reading spoilers and having surprises ruined for you, then go right ahead. You have been warned.

The biggest question: Why the bridge? Well, let's answer that, shall we?

Dawn's parents were both royal guards. His father was a Celestial Guard, his mother a Lunar Guard. They both met by chance while posted at the same stations. As any love story would have it, they fell in love immediately and eventually had a young foal. However, the two had an unintentional lack of forsight and were faced with major problems. The first one being that they rarely had any time off of work, due to the importance of their jobs. Whatever few days they did have off were deticated to small jobs they had to make extra money, so obviously the two barely had any time to take care of their child. The second problem was that the families on both the mother's side and the father's side heavily disapproved of their relationship. The mother's family disliked the fact that she had married a Celestial Guard, and the same thing vice versa with the father's family. As a result, both families denied any having any responsibility for the foal, and refused to care for it while the parents were away.

So without any other option, the parents were forced to do the only thing they were able to do, no matter how much it hurt them: They dropped the foal off at a foster home.

What does this have to do with the bridge? Well... as they were dropping the child off, the mother hastily discribed a bridge in Ponyville. This bridge was the location of their very first date. Once they had saved up enough money, the parents built a secret path near it that would lead to a small room underground that would contain filing cabinets holding information about them for Dawn to discover once he was ready.

Near the bridge, there is a large and old oak tree with the initials "SG & ST" carved into the surface. "SG" stands for "Sun Glare", which is his father's name, and "ST" stands for Shooting Star, the name of his mother.

There is still no known evidence that Dawn Whisper's parents are alive or dead.

Character Summary/Personality: Dawn is a rather quiet pony, and is not exactly one to interact with others that often. However, when he does open up, some may find him a bit mysterious. Over all, he is very friendly and polite, if a bit timid and nervous at times. He usually keeps a fairly monotone voice and expression, making it difficult to tell just what he is thinking. When it comes to talking about his talents, he is always glad to share what he does. However, he refuses to call himself better than anyone. When he's not in his usual quiet, secluded state, then he can be rather talkative and often loves joking around. He is very good-natured about most things, but only to an extent. He also really loves his fans, and will do almost anything for them.

I reviewed this character for you in CC and unless I'm mistaken, I don't see any difference in the app. You don't need to app for CC if your character is approved for WoE. WoE characters can be played in both areas. Do you want to open this app for critique and remove the app from CC? Since the CC app does not have SRPH approval yet we can simply switch the app over to WoE. Let me know what you would like to do.

-Mane/Tail/Other: His hair is brown with one red stripe, same with his tail.

What do his mane and tail look like? Long? Short? Spikey? Well kept or not? Detail needed.

-Cutie mark story:

"However, after quite a long talk with one of the other performers, he summoned up enough courage to walk out on stage right before his act was going to be cancelled."

There's a time issue here. Having quite a long talk and still not having the act cancelled or moved doesn't really fit.

History

"They never said why. The only thing they mentioned was a small bridge over a stream in Ponyville. After that, they left in a great hurry and I never saw them again.

Why the bridge? Is this going to be covered in your RP use of the character? If not I suggest you remove it as it doesn't really add anything to this app.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work, I just have a couple of quick questions:

How many Grand Galloping Galas ago was this?  I don't see a rock act being invited at least until the first one the Mane 6 were invited to.

And that bridge... would you mind at least PM'ing what you have in mind there, if you don't want to spoil it?

• 2 weeks later...

Alex and I have been going back and forth over PM's, since he wanted to keep some things spoiler-free when discussing them.  I think this will be ready once he's implemented the feedback I gave him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived