The Dark Storm's Fallout, (See OOC!)

Noedig

Darky turned to Alex and sheathed his sword, then hugged him and pulled him away from the barrier. "No, it's to dangerous! You need t stay here!" He said as he cuddled him tighly afainst him, not letting him go. He then turned around to Chrysalis before he noticed Luna was around. "Chrysalis, can you move your sh-" But before he could finish, he saw her took him away with a teleportation spell. Well, that will help. He backed up and stood up, then got ready to help in the fight if he could.

Luna noticed that Chrysalis made a magic barried around Alex and Darky. Sighing happily at that, she then turned around to help the other ponies. It was to dangerous to approach, so she hoped that they could reach her. She then looked around for her sister. She hadn't seen her since the battle started! She then noticed that Chrysalis had teleported Alex out of there.

As the battle raged on, Lullaby had almost finished evacuating the ponies out of the castle when she noticed that Thunder was just sitting there. She frantically ran to her and pulled her out of any kind of danger and into the castle halls. "What the hey are you doing?! We need to get ut of here!" She said to her as she brought her inside the safe area.

------

As gale approached Zed, a quite familiar pony was walking by. She had a horn and a black cloak on her back, not covering that much the fact that she had wings. Her fur color and her purple eyes, made it even more obvious who it was. It was no other than Midnight Lullaby, Nightmare Moon's and Nightmare Darknight's (Darky) daughter. There looked that there was no so big difference between this one and the one on the other world, but this one had a darker mane and eyes, and looked slightly taller. She noticed Chrysalis and rushed over there.

"Y-you are Chrysalis right? I'm Midnight Lullaby. I came here to see if there was perhaps any pony that needed help. I-I heard the changelings were attacked and I had to do something to help..." She said as she looked at Gale. "You.... you look familiar, yet... different... not evil..." She said to him.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thunder looked at lullaby and wiped her eyes

"Where's ze-" she started to ask before zed unleased a massive amout of flames at a pony that looked like gale

She then sighed relief and leaned agenst lullaby

"I thought zed had died" she said smiling before turning to lullaby "who is he fighting and where is Alex?" She asked confused and worried

Brave was almost to zed and 'gale' when zed used a powerful fire attack

Making brave have to back off from the intence heat from it

He then got ready to attack once zed stopped

Brave was going to go for his neck to inject him with his Areion venom to perrilize gale, but first zed had to stop his attack

Caught off during his outrage, Zed went after him once again matching his own speed. He was pulled by the collar, and had been given 3 powerful punches, choked, then finally kicked really hard in the gut.

He was sent flying, then impact made a huge thud. His body laid there, as Zed was about to lay down hell-fire upon him.

Taken by surprise, no doubt. But, he's not beaten terribly. He's used to this sort of beating. He never could stop himself from making an outrage whenever it happened... but it never hurt too much to let him self go a little. a "little."

Dark Storm looked at Zed, as he was about to be engulfed in flames. Dark Storm made a singular burst of laughter. "Hah!" He barked. He got up calmly. Knees not shaking, throat not hoarse, yet had fresh blood spilling.

The pain felt wonderful to him... he loved this sort of violence. All he could see from Zed is that he's like an avatar for violence, and Dark Storm feeds on this sort of thing.

"I've been in wars far worse than you've displayed so far..." He said, being honest about it. "And what you're about to do, is like firing a little cannon of smoke to me!"

He decided to stay put... he was going to let him try. He will shock Zed from the outcome, though. However, what Brave Shield had planned to do to him could prove difficult for Dark Storm to deal with...

Chrysalis had landed somewhere out of Canterlot, just outside the perimeter of the storm.

She was on her backside, and the bubble protecting Alex was on top of her. Alex demanded to get to his father, Chrysalis struggled to move the bubble off of her so that she could tell him to stop acting foolish. It took a few seconds to move the bubble, so she stood up, and looked at Alex through the bubble. He was making a big fuss... he's getting emotional about what's happening to his father.

She held the bubble still with her hooves, trying to get Alex to pay attention to her. "Stop panicking, please!" She pleaded. "That wasn't Gale Storm, and your father has friends to cover for him! Your father doesn't want you anywhere close to that... monster! So, don't go doing anything foolish, Alex. You could die by doing something foolish, and that would make your parents very, very sad!"

Gale Storm almost forgot the time when Zed was under a sort of power-restriction after he was exiled. Zecora helped him recover... now, since no pony had bothered to help him... this is the kind of man he is. Bitter and lonely.

"I know your 'special' injury is preventing you from using your powers, like you just tried to attack me. I can help with that." He offered. "But, first things first... we need to land so that we can talk about that and some other things... is that alright?" He asked sincerely.

Chrysalis noticed an alicorn mare following up behind them, and decided to face her so that Gale could try to talk to Zed. She introduced herself as Midnight Lullaby. Chrysalis greeted her.

"He's busy at the moment..." She said. "We've been endangered since 12 years ago... there's nothing you can do for us now."

This alicorn mentioned that Gale Storm looked somewhat familiar, and Chrysalis understands why.

"Yes, he looks like Dark Storm." She explained. "He's actually the opposite of him. Considering he's not from this reality. Dark Storm changed places with him. Dark Storm is at their world, while Gale Storm-- that's his name-- is at our world."

Out of the corner of his eye, Zed saw Lullaby quickly fly out into the storm, before dragging Thunder to safety. Upon seeing that, he was much more relieved. However, he still seemed dead-set on unleashing hellfire upon the Pegasus that had endangered everyone he cared so deeply for. But before he could even finish the attack, he noticed Brave sneaking up behind the imposter, seeming prepared to bite him. Why in the world would he...?

Then it dawned upon him what Brave was about to do... and it was then that Zed came up with an idea...

Suddenly, the seemingly endless torrent of fire ceased, and Zed balled his fists up to smother out the leftover flames that remained on his palms. He remembered how angry the Pegasus had gotten when he missed a clear shot at Alex... and wondered if this imposter, or whoever this pony called himself, was always that easy to anger. He did not know for sure if he actually was, but he decided to put his theory to the test anyway. Zed was known for luring enemies into a false sense of security by acting rather cocky. Even though a lot of the time he actually was, he found it to be a useful tool for luring the enemy into a false sense of security by having them underestimate him... that, or piss them off to high heaven...

He dropped his stance and stood where he was on the nimbus, letting out a sigh and crossing his arms. "You know what? No. I'm done fighting you." He said, giving a simple shrug. "I'm bored. You're boring me." He even examined his nails a bit, barely even giving the Pegasus a side glance. "I mean, come on. You missed a clear, point-blank shot at a ten-year-old child. If you can't even hit a child with those cliche powers of yours, then I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you. You're not even that much of a threat!"

If he was right about this Pegasus, then these insults might easily anger him... or at least distract him enough for Brave to move in...

---

Celestia had moved out into the courtyard to search for any other ponies who might not have made it into the Great Hall. It was from there that she saw everything happening... and it worried her terribly. Especially when Alex suddenly flew out there to confront the fearful Pegasus that looked so much like Gale. She would have saved him herself, but Chrysalis beat her to it... which honestly surprised her. Once it seemed like Zed had gained the upper hand, she charged into the Great Hall and looked frantically for her sister. "Luna!" She called. "I couldn't find anyone else in the courtyard. Why didn't you keep an eye on Alex?!" She demanded. Then she looked up at Zed, who suddenly stopped attacking and now just seemed to be... talking. "What... what's he doing?"

Solar stood with Lullaby and Thunder, signalling for Celestia to keep it down. "He's doing something! I don't know what it is, but I don't think anymore of us should try to interfere." He looked back at Lullaby, smiling a bit. "He had me worried for a bit as well. Don't worry, Zed's strong. He won't be taken down so easily."

---

Upon hearing Chrysalis's words, Alex stopped pounding on the shield, facing Chrysalis. "Not Gale?" He asked, a look of confusion on his face. He sighed and began to calm down, wiping his eyes. "If... if it's not Gale, then who is it?" He asked, glancing back in the direction of the Great Hall, even though they were too far away for them to see what was going on. He wanted to argue and fly out to help, but even his young heart still had faith in his father and his friends. He just hoped his mother was safe as well... "Okay... I'll stay out of it." He said reluctantly. "But what if Daddy can't stop him? I'm scared.." He said, turning back to Chrysalis, wiping another stream of tears from his eyes.

---

Zed clenched his fists and shook with anger as the pony mentioned his... special injury. He had never told anyone about his wings being lost! At least, no one besides Celestia, who only responded with a harsh "get over it". Of course, he was sure that she would not have said anything to anypony about it. After all, she sure did not act like it was all that important, so she might not have found any need to tell anyone. Zed glared venomously at the Pegasus. " 'Specia injury'? Yeah, nice try. Look, buddy; I don't know what you're talking about, and I really don't give a damn either. And no, I'm not discussing this topic any further. So if you don't mind, I'd like for you to get the hell away from me." With that, the nimbus began to continue on its way. "Good day."

As soon as zed stopped brave quitly approached

He didn't have to be accurate he just had to bite

So as silent as the white noise brave attacked and aimed his fangs right at darks wings so the venom would immobilize him first

------

Thunder bit her lip as zed let himself be open for another powerful attack

She then reathced her mind out to him because of there physic connection sence crysilis tryed to take over equestria again

('Zed I hope you know what your doing') she told him as she sat here and watched

-------

Shadow shield opened the great halls door and marched his way up to nightmare moon before bowing

"Mistress, your daughter has gone missing once more." He said to her, his voice sounding much like the dark king he had killed in the name of nightmares ((I'm pretty much saying he sounds like sombra and that nightmare moon controls the crystal empire)) as he waited for her to tell him to stand or give him a order

Luna turned to Celestia when she saw her. "Sister!" She said as she ran to her side. "I'm sorry, but he just ran off. He seems to like getting into trouble and help his father." She said as she looked around for the others. Seeing that they wer not there, she turned to Celestia. "We must help!" She said to her.

Lullaby decided to remain silent as she allowed them to do what they had to do.

Darky noticed the same thing Zed had thought. He then stood up and walked to his side. "Heh, looks like you are right. Alex didn't even needed my help against him." He said smirking a bit as he let out a small yawn, following what Zed was doing. With more ponies doing that, he might get even more distracted.

-----

Lullaby looked to Chrysalis. "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that..." She said, regarding her changelings. "But, if this is another Storm... perhaps... perhaps he can help us get everything better in here!" She said happily. "Perhaps he can make that Celestia and mother get along again a-" She stopped herself at that. Oh crap, she hoped Chrysalis didn't noticed she was NM's daughter.

Dark Storm did not take their words to heart. He always creates an outrage with himself for not succeeding something, but when others mock him, he does not care. No pony has any value, so they can't affect him with mockery like they just did.

But the way they were talking, he felt something suspicious is going on. "You're trying something..." He muttered. And before he knew it, he was bitten on his left hind leg.

He turned round to notice Brave. Memories rushed in, fond ones and combative ones... he took the former aside and focused on that latter. Venom, possession, and stealth is his forte.

He struck Brave aside harshly, hard enough to make him fall unconscious. He feels the immobilization kicking in, and he got angry. As fortunate it is that his anger is his greatest weakness, it is also unfortunately his greatest strength.

He has been completely overtaken by the venom, but soon... his furious willpower will make the venom degrade quickly, no matter how powerful it is.

He glares at Zed-- only at Zed, with great scold. It tells him they're about to make a very horrible mistake when they make their move. And at the same time, he smiles. His random expression from grim seriousness to livid pleasure, it's so ominous and unnatural. He doesn't care why he smiles or frowns at them, he takes pleasure from making himself feel whatever he wants.

Chrysalis stood up and decided to release the bubble's spell. After it broke, she wanted to assure him "Don't worry," She said, "your father has his friends to cover for him. I just fear what that... fake monster says is true. About Gale Storm being dead..." She let herself leak some tears. "Gale was my friend. If he really died, I'd fear for what the future holds for the Changelings. But, there are worse things than what can happen to my kind... for now, we need to keep you safe. Going back there isn't safe, but we need to stay close enough for them to find us. Let's stay here for now... I'll protect you."

Chrysalis was not a fighter when it comes to magic. She was excellent at illusions and subterfuge, but that was it. That time when she once took Celestia down in a showdown during that first invasion on that wedding day was thanks to her building up love magic... she couldn't do that now.

Refused to help Zed, he persisted on helping him.

He caught up and laid his left hoof on his right shoulder. He knows Zed may react uncomfortably, but he was willing to accept his lashing out. It wasn't going to stop Gale Storm.

"Today, right now at this moment, is not good day for you or me, Zed." He said. "You're in pain every time you try to use your power, ever since the angels exiled you decades ago. I know what will help you get rid of your injury. I ask for nothing in return if you let me help you!" Gale Storm wanted him to look at him face to face, though Zed may recognize him as Dark Storm, but then Gale didn't care about that. "Look at me, please. You'll see I'm honest!" He looked at him sternly. His face told Zed he won't give this up. Refusing or fighting back won't stop Gale from helping Zed. "I don't want you to live like this anymore. Will you please let a friend help you?"

Chrysalis wasn't sure who she meant by her mother. But she knows that Gale wants to talk the Princesses.

"Actually, Gale Storm's trying find some proof for Princesses Celestia and Luna that he's not Dark Storm, in case they think he is." She said. "I believe he's also trying to get them back together in peace. I'm willing to support him. I had nothing else to live for until now... he's my friend. So, I'll help my friend. Who is your mother, anyway?"

Just as he had planned, the insults Zed had thrown at the Pegasus distracted him long enough for Brave to sneak up behind him and sink his fangs into one of his wings. Unfortunately, they did not throw him into a rage like he had originally intended, but it was good enough for him. Zed knew better than to let his guard down even for a second, even as he saw the paralyzing venom quickly spread through the imposter's body. However, it seemed that not even that was enough to stop him. Zed had no idea how, but he could almost feel the rage eminating from him, and the venom wearing off faster than it should. It made him wonder if it was the anger that was causing the venom to degrade.

The glare the Pegasus sent his way was probably the most chilling. He could almost hear the imposter daring him to make another move... which is exactly what Zed did. Clenching his fists, the ground beneath the Pegasus quickly opened, then close as soon as he had fallen neck-deep. Dark Storm would even feel the ground slowly tightening around him, threatening to crush him flat. "So..." He said, holding his concentration. "Could you at least tell me your name? Not that I really care, I just want to refer to you as something other than 'Pegasus' or 'imposter' in my mind."

---

As soon as the ground closed in on the Pegasus, Solar wasted no time in diving in to pull Brave's unconscious body out of the way. He quickly dragged him next to Celestia, before his horn began glowing. "All right, I'll help. The rest of you stay put." He said.

"Solar! It's too dangerous!" Celestia said, her voice matching the shocked expression on her face.

"Zed probably won't be able to handle this... thing... by himself." He said, glancing back at her. "Just stay here and make sure everypony's safe."

Without another word, he leapt into the air and quickly flew toward Zed, hovering in place next to Darky. "We need to come up with a plan while he's immobalized. Any ideas?" He asked, keeping his voice low so that the Pegasus wouldn't be able to hear.

---

Alex listened carefully as the Changeling Queen spoke, nodding. He knew now that if he tried going out to help his father, then he would only get in the way. The thought hurt, but it was true. "All right... Thank you." He said. It was then that he noticed a few tears leaking from Chrysalis's eyes, which surprised the boy tremendously. He always thought that royal leaders were too tough to cry... but it was then that he realized that even figures of leadership could feel small and helpless as well. "D-don't cry..." He said, before reaching up and gently hugging the Queen. "Don't cry.."

---

Zed flinched when he suddenly felt the Pegasus's hoof on his shoulder, and he clenched his fists once again. However, the next thing he said made his eyes widen a bit in surprise. His shoulders slumped as those painful memories resurfaced, and he bit his lip. After a moment of silence, he scowled and violently jerked his shoulder away. Shaking head head he stood up and turned around, glaring at the Pegasus. "Who told you about that?" He demanded, before suddenly raising his hand to cut off whatever response was about to come. "No, never mind." He said, his voice suddenly raising. "I don't want your help, I don't need your help, and I'm not your friend!" His eyes began to glow a green hue, which always happened when he was about to snap. "Just leave me alone!" He screamed.

Darky turned to Solar. "Unless we know who he really is, we must hold him down all we can." Darky whispered to Solar as he looked at the pegasus. " Then we might have a clue on what to do. We can also try to immobilize even more so I can bring the magic seals and put them on him to stop his flow of magic..." Darky added to Solar as he sheathed his sword and shield. "I can get them, I know where they are."

-----

Lullaby saw how was Brave and rushed to his help. "Aunt Celestia! I need you to protect me until i can heal Brave properly!" She said as she dragged him to a safe place. "I need a calm place to work on."

-----

The other Lullaby gave a step back. "M-my mom?" He said to Chrysalis. "Oh... well... it... is hard to explain..." she said rubbing the back of her neck. "it..  is Nightmare Moon...  "​ She said in a really low voice .

-----

Nightmare Moon turned to Shadow. She was in the throne room, attending some buisness. "What?! Again?!" She hissed, then sighed. "I really need to talk with Darky about her..." She said as she facehoofed. "Our daughter will end up causing more problems we already have..." She turned to him. "Go and find her, then bring her here so I can deal with her..." She said, then turned to her paper.

"O​​​h, and tell Darky to come, i need to speak with him." She finally ordered.

Shadow looked up from his bow "consider it done my lady" he then stood up and marched out to find darky

Once he found the alicorn shadow informed him that nightmare moon wanted to see him before he started his search for the missing princess

-----

Brave stood up and shook his head before lullaby could do anything

He then opened his wings and flew to zed

His chest burning with pain

----

Thunder after regaining her breathing she started to look for Alex

"Lullaby where's my son?" She asked, a little worried

As Dark Storm felt pressure against his body, Zed asked for his name... But what his answer in return was, "Imposter, I'm not.... My name, you don't need..." He said so calmly under his foot... He smiled wickedly. "You'll have to do better than this to make me feel some form of defeat... I'm just warming up. Now... Let me tell you something I'm going to do..."
He changed his expression to an emotionless one this time, exactly like Gale Storm usually makes, though Dark Storm doesn't know that... "I'm going to mutilate your wife's corpse and eat your son's heart. So, if you dare think my bark is worse than my bite..."
Dark had already been rid of the venom... Faster than he expected. Electricity flowing within through his veins eliminated every atom of venom that flowed in it. Dark Storm had no trouble breaking free, like Gale, he manipulates and creates electricity and energy. However, creating energy exhausts electricity by three folds. Unlike Gale, he has a larger bank of stamina than Gale did, since he disciplined his powers at an earlier age than Gale did. So, he made an energy blast from within the grips of earth. It turned into a large dust cloud. Dark Storm flew out of the dust, went right past Zed, he held a piece of rock, and pressed it quickly and hard in Zed's still clenching fist. Only injuring it. Fortunately not lost.
"Think again." He said, still keeping that emotionless expression. "I'll be going now. I will return for that promise."
And before they tried to take him down, Dark Storm already left in a flash of lightning. Gone with the wind... His dark clouds faded away. Dark Storm went out without a trace to see what's out there other than Canterlot... Ponyville, a town he's never seen before. The Everfree forest, where he was raised by himself... And so many more. He felt delighted that there are more things to destroy in this world than the other one. This was far more populated.

Chrysalis tried to stop crying, it was unexpected for her that he hugged her.
"I'm trying." She said. "Thank you, Alex. That meant a lot for me."

Gale had no time to think as Zed's eyes glow green. In an instant, he decided hugged him. And so he did.
"Stop resisting me!" He said. "You may not think I know you... But I do. You walk a lonely path that leads to sadness. Walk with me, I'll guide you toward better paths."

Chrysalis wasn't sure what she'd heard, but she caught a glimpse of the word nightmare.
"Nightmare Moon is your mother?" She asked. "Surely, this is fortunate... Can you help us?"

Zed gritted his teeth as he heard the Pegasus speak, his words striking fear and rage into the young man's heart. The blank expression on the Pegasus's face reminding him so much of Gale... and almost making him think that it was his uncle who was saying those horrid things. However, he refused to show it on his face. His voice was a different story, though. "If you go anywhere near my wife and child--"

He did not have time to finish his sentence. Before he could say anything else, the earth around the Pegasus slowly exploded into dust. He did not even have time to react as the imposter flew out of the dust right past him. Zed yelped as he felt something hit his hand, and he could almost feel a bone snapping. He turned to glare at the Pegasus, but he was already gone. Zed clutched his broken and bloody hand, groaning as the nimbus lowered to the ground, allowing him to step off of it.

Celestia ran up to him, looking at him with concern. "Zed!" She called, glancing in the spot where the Pegasus disappeared. "Are you all right? What happened?"

"I... I don't know..." Zed replied, shaking his head. He felt rather dazed.

---

Alex smiled and released Chrysalis, before glancing back toward the castle, staring curiously in the direction of the Great Hall. "Hey... the sky is clear again." He said, pointing. "Do you think my dad scared him off?"

---

Zed wanted to punch the Pegasus more than anything when he continued to approach him. However, just when he was about to begin shouting a string of insults, the Pegasus suddenly pulled him into an embrace. His eyes widened in surprise, and he stared in utter confusion, unsure of how to react. In his entire life, the young man had never recieved a single hug. At least... not from anyone who truely cared for him. And for some reason, it felt as if this Pegasus really did care for him... but he had no idea why. He made no move to pull away, but he did not return the embrace either. Letting out a sigh, he bit his lip. "What do you want from me...?" He demanded again.

Soon after the pegasus left, Darky rushed to help Zed. "Zed! You arlight? Come, i will take you with Lullaby so you can be healed." he said as he helped him stand up.

Lullaby stopped Brave. "No, you are still weak." She said as she used more magic to control the pain and heal his wounds, then she turned to Thunder. "She left with Chrysalis, but I don't know Exactly where." She said.

Luna turned to her. "I will go an look for them." She said, then left flying to look for Alex and Chrysalis. She hoped for the best.

----

Darky soon where with Nightmare Moon. "My love, do you need me?" he asked as he kissed her.

She smirked at that and kissed him back. "Lullaby had escaped again." She said with a frown.

"Oh, that mare..." Darky said frowning.

"Fear not, that I had sent Shadow to get her. We must deal with her once she is back." Nightmare Moon then said.

Darky nodded. "Agreed. Now, we must prepare for the next assault against Celestia." He said as he put out a map for a highly likely battle.

----

Lullaby turned to Chrysalis. "Y-yes, she is my mother but... I don't know if I will be able to convince them to help..." she said as she looked away. She saw the other two hugging and smiled. "Although... I can try..." she said with a soft smile and feeling a bit better after seeing them hug

The group then saw a black blur flash along the horizon before leaving they're field of vision

It was shadow and he had found lullaby

He decided to travel the rest of the way on foot as he landed and headed they're way

Soon he was with them and was watching them from the shadows

His pearcing red eyes( unlike braves blue eyes when he's and Areion) squinted so they were less likely to see them

----

Brave collapsed in pain

"Agh!"

He defenetly had broken ribs

---

Thunder followed luna, she wanted to be with Alex right this second

For now we have no idea where Dark Storm is right now. But one thing is for sure. He's hidden from society, making a new plan because of new places he hasn't seen before.

So, we'll look at where Chrysalis and Alex are.

"I hope so." She said to him. "See? Like I said, your father has friends to help him."

She wanted Alex to follow her. She was a bit relieved and fatigued. "Let's get back to them, shall we? My magic's power is exhausted from the streak of spells..."

Gale Storm let him go from his hug. "I don't want anything from you unless you'd like to be my friend." Gale Storm said in response. "To help you, we need to find Zecora-- If she still lives. Even if she's dead or not here, I can still conjure up the medicine for you, it will just take a longer time to make."

Gale Storm has lived with Moss, his guardian when Gale was a filly, learning many wonderful and terrible things about the Everfree Forest. Two of many Moss's botanical and magical professions was being an alchemist and an herbalist.

Gale Storm, having no magic power since he's a Pegasus, took on a hobby for 10 years as an herbalist. He knows a lot about alchemy as he researches many things before he was Duke, he just wasn't capable of using it.

"So, if you'd like my help, we should start by looking into the Everfree forest." He said to Zed.

"Ah... well..." Chrysalis said to her, about to make some sort of point. "Would Dark Storm ever come to anywhere or to anypony in peace?"

Zed clutched his broken hand tightly, blood dripping from the wound and staining the ground below. He had broken a few bones before, but every time it happened, it would make him feel rather queasy. He came to the conclusion a few years later that it was his body's natural way of reacting to a bone fracture or dislocation, which somewhat relieved him. However, he did not feel relieved at all at this moment. Rather he felt confused, frustrated, scared, and possibly on the verge of vomiting.

Zed nodded as Darky came up to him, his legs feeling a bit weak. He refrained from scolding Darky for letting his wife and son get involved in the battle, as he knew it would be more counter-productive than anything. "Y-yeah..." He said. "I... I might need--"

Suddenly, a wave of nausea washed over him. Quickly running off to the side, the young man doubled over and vomited, coughing roughly.

"Oh, dear..." Celestia said. She turned to Lullaby. "Hurry up and see what you can do for Gale, then check on Zed." She said, letting out a small sigh. "I fear he may have exhausted more energy than he should have."

"That, and his hand is broken." Solar chimed in, shaking his head. "We all know how Zed is when he breaks something..."

-----

Alex nodded and followed Chrysalis back toward Canterlot, looking around curiously as some ponies were still either fleeing the area, or approaching with caution. Through the crowd, he barely recognized Thunder. "Mom!" He called out, waving a hand to get her attention.

---

Zed rolled his eyes when he heard the word "friend". "No offense, but no. I don't really want to be your friend. You're lucky if I don't snap your neck for randomly hugging me like that." He said sternly, crossing his arms. Then he heard the last part. "Zecora?" He asked, shaking his head. "You must be completely stupid to think that striped weirdo is going to help me." He shrugged, turning away. "She even said so herself when I first came here that she refused to help me. So I snapped and trashed her hut. To be honest, I don't think she likes me one bit."

"Zed!" Darky said as soon as that happned. Soon, Lullaby arrived there and used some magic spells to control the vomiting and heal his wounds.

"Don't worry, you will be fine." Lullaby said as her horn glowed. Zed could feel that the nausea slowly passed, feeling a bit better.

Darky sat and sighed. All this was a mess, and he couldn't make sure Thunder and Alex didn't got involed.

Luna started flying around the perimeter of the castle until she noticed that Thuner was following her. She didn't said anything and kept going. Soon, she saw Chrysalis and Alex and flew down. "There you are!" She said smiling. "Is good to see you both are safe." She said to both Chrysalis and Alex.

-----

"Uhmm... no that I know. Everywhere he goes, destruction and chaos follows." She said calmly. "Perhaps... perhaps we can use that to unite them." She said, but then she felt a chill came down her spine. Something was not right, it had to be... Shadow!

"We should get moving, we are being... watched." she limited herself to say. If he was sent, that meant that Nightmare Moon and Darky knew about her being in there.

Shadow frowned as he swiveled his ears to hear what lullaby was saying

(Where are you going little one) he thought planing on fallowing them before intervening

------

Brave laid down holding his ribs as he tryed not to move

------

Thunder smiled and she sprinted towards Alex and hugged him tightly

"Oh thank the stars your ok!"

Gale Storm heard what he said about her refusing to help him and then what the did to her afterwards. Gale did not approve of what Zed did.
"Careful Zed. Zecora is a good friend of mine. Well... Where I'm from, anyways." He said. "You should see why you're not being helped. One pony refuses, and you trash their place. Why in Equestria would you do that for?"
Gale sensed something from a distance watching them, but it didn't feel very bad. He didn't ignore, rather he was just being aware of it.
"Regardless, there's still the option of me helping you get rid of the pain. Even if you don't want to be friends, the least we can be is to be acquainted toward each other."

Chrysalis nodded, only now nothing that feeling of being watched.
"Alright... Let's move together." She said to her. "I'm sure Gale will catch up when he's finished speaking with... Zed, I believe that's his name."

Zed sighed in relief when Lullaby cast her healing spell, and the nausea faded away almost instantly. As soon as he felt his hand stop aching, he clenched and relaxed it, making sure that the bones were in the right place. "Thanks..." He said to Lullaby, before rubbing his eyes. "This... this is confusing. Why did all of this have to happen now?!" He demanded, shaking his head.

Solar approached him, letting out a small sigh. "It's confusing for all of us, dear brother. Nothing like this has ever happened before..." He shook his head. "Mother already said that you've used up too much energy. Maybe you should go back home and rest up--"

Zed held up a hand to cut him off. "No. I'm not closing my eyes until I see my child, and I know for sure he's all right."

---

Alex ran up and hugged Thunder tightly, before nodding at Luna. "We're both okay. Chrysalis saved me just in time." He looked down suddenly, seeming to avoid eye contact. "I... I'm sorry I took off like that."

---

Zed shrugged, seeming as if he did not regret any of it a single bit. "Well, it doesn't really help that she insulted me on top of everything else." He said, before shaking his head. "Let's just get to Zecora, if it's going to be faster. You can try to convince her, though. I don't think she'll listen to me." Suddenly, he narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the Pegasus. "Wait, what do you mean 'where you came from'?"

Darky dragged Brave inside and Lullaby carried on healing his broken ribs soon after she was done with Zed.

Luna smiled and turned to Chrysalis. "Thank you for keeping him safe." She said smiling to her. That was quite an unexpected action, but quite well welcomed.

-----

"Alright. That will be a good idea! " Lullaby said calmly as she waited for gale to finish speaking with Zed.

Shadow sat there listening before he realized he didn't recognize the Pegasus

So he decided to skirt the shadows around till he did

-----

Brave winced a bit as they moved him

He was about to make a retort about how roughly darky was moving him but remembering who darky was prevented him from doing it

-----

Thunder left a wing around Alex as she address chrysalis

She sat there staring at her because thunder hadn't forgotten what she had attempted to do to zed

She sat there for maybe twenty seconds before sighing and hugging the changeling queen "thank you for saving Alex"

She then stepped back "this dosnt mean I trust you..." Thunder warned with a stern expression until she have her a smerk"...but your on the right path"

Chrysalis felt remorse about hurting Thunder and Zed from over 10 years ago. She didn't have much to say to Thunder...

"... You don't need to say anything. I understand." She said, and began trotting slowly to Canterlot, feeling down after this terrible incident. "Good bye, Alex."

After a good amount of time getting there, she finally found herself in the Royal Hall. She just sat somewhere to rest, after exhausting herself of magic and trotting.

Too depressed to pay attention to anypony, she just sat there and rested her eyes. Thinking about what happened today...

Silver Line, having been kept under security in a safe room, finally came out after the thunderous calamity has gone away.

Snow Storm followed her, Silver was going to the Royal Hall, to see if anypony there could explain to her what became of the monster.

Guards told her about what happened, from Zed's sudden take-down, then bouncing back at the dark pegasus, with the help of Zed's friends, however failing to secure him. They don't know where he went, so they began to investigate the incident.

She walked around some more and finally noticed the Queen sitting near the carpet, for some reason. She noticed her eyes are closed. Silver thought she's meditating... she hoped to talk to her about Gale Storm, since she hadn't spoken to him for ten years... Snow Storm still followed her, letting Silver do what she feels is necessary.

Silver Line approached the Queen. The Queen didn't notice her, she seemed to be too focused to sense her surroundings.

"Um... excuse me, Queen Chrysalis, your Highness..." She said, trying to be polite. Queen Chrysalis opened her eyes suddenly and faced her, a bit surprised. "Sorry to bother you..."

"No bother taken hurtfully." Chrysalis said. "Silver Line, is it?"

"That's correct." Silver said, smiling a bit. "I just want to ask some personal questions about Gale Storm... it's been ten years since I've last spoken with my uncle."

"Oh..." She said. Her mentioning of Gale Storm gave her fresh memories of the monster, that looked very much like him. "If it's that important to you, I'll try my best to clarify anything for you."

"Thank you, your Highness..." She said, doing a little pony curtsy.

"Please, you may call me Chrysalis..." She said. "I don't want to hear my royal title at the moment, it's been a rough day."

"Of course, your Hi-- C-Chrysalis." She said, grinning apologetically. "Anyway... so... he's been helping your kind?"

"Yes. Since ten years ago." Chrysalis said. "He was the only pony that understood our kind and genuinely supported us, even after all of the things we've done... wrong."

"Oh?" Silver wondered. "How come nopony else tried to help you?"

"Because, we were cruel. And especially cruel to Gale Storm, when he first started to help us." She explained. "We never trusted anypony else, usually for good reasons."

"Did he do anything against you before?" Silver asked.

Chrsyalis giggled. "Actually, he did." She said. "He successfully stopped dozens of our attempts to conquer Equestria. Half of which when we just started."

Silver Line wasn't sure how to respond to that, she was just surprised as to how honest Chrysalis is being.

"Well, those days are over." She continued. "Anything else?"

"Uh... yes." She said. "Has my uncle been showing any strange behavior lately, before this happened?"

Chrysalis was thinking for a bit. And came up with nothing. "No. He was fine."

"Alright..." Silver said, a bit disappointed. Chrysalis noticed something on Silver Line's flank, a grey cloud with silver lining.

"What is your cutie mark?" Chrysalis asked, curious about her.

"Oh, this?" Silver said, looking at her flank. "I specialize in morality. I know that form many bad days, there's always something good, even if it looks insignificant... but don't underestimate the seemingly insignificant good things. If you realize something good, it always washes away the terrible things. But..." She said, faltering for a moment, looking around the castle's partial destruction and terrified ponies. "... This day may have it something good for sure. But it's too terrible to see notice now."

"You're right. I'm sorry, I don't know what's happened to your uncle. He was a dear friend of mine, so I know how you feel." Chsyralis said to her.

Snow Storm was silent most of the time, crying a bit. "I need to see how my husband is doing..." She said. "Be safe, Silver. And you too, Chrysalis."

"Likewise, Snow Storm." Chrysalis said.

"See you, mother." Silver said, hugging her. "Feel better, okay?"

"Thank you..." Snow said, embracing her hug. So, she left to find her husband.

"I'll try my best, if I can find her." Gale said to Zed. Zed suddenly asked what he meant earlier about "where he came from."

Gale sighed a bit. "Let's start heading to the Everfree forest, I'll explain on the way."

Gale Storm finally noticed the Alicorn Chrysalis had been talking to, who looked like Lullaby.

"Princess Lullaby, is it?" Gale asked, to make sure. "I believe we're being watched. Perhaps by somepony from your kingdom? Hopefully, he means no harm to us, otherwise I'll have to deal with it..."

He said, pointing at the seemingly invisible character far away in the shadows. "In the mean time, we'll be heading to the Everfree forest with Zed, so I can help him out with something."

Chrysalis nodded. "Very well, Gale Storm. Let's get moving, then."

So, the group began moving their way to the Everfree forest.

"So, about where I'm from..." Gale Storm said, about to begin his story.

"Zed, I'm not from this world. Unlike you, I happened to have been switched from a reality with an alternate version of me of this world. Apparently, this alternate me is... evil. From the looks of things, a lot of Equestria has been devastated because of him. I know because Chrysalis here told me.

"Zed, I know you because, from my world, the alternate you is actually family... Adopted by Princess Celestia herself. She took him in because he had nowhere else to go. He grew up well and had his own share of troubles as well. He has a wife, and a child. I am his uncle.

"You've been struck by misfortune. As for as I've heard, it because of Dark Storm that Princess Celestia of this world had no empathy to care about you... she couldn't trust anypony after Nightmare Moon had returned angrily, she had no way to save her sister with the power of the Elements of Harmony. But that's not what's important to you, is it? It actually is. Dark Storm had ruined Equestria. And now, he's going to ruin mine.

"But... I can't leave without helping anypony. As much as I have to return to my world, I don't know how. In the meantime, I'm going to help as many ponies, including you, as I can. The things he's done here is so terrible... he's going to do the same there. I'm at a stalemate, Zed.

"I am Gale Storm, duke of Canterlot, former steward of Princess Luna's kingdom, previously known as Nightmare Moon, and was once a Lunar agent. My purpose is to help those in need, jury those who've done wrong, and execute, if necessary. With the powers that have been unknowingly bestowed upon me, I make use of myself to help... and helping is what I have to do right now. I belong in my world, I do need to return home. But I don't want to return home without helping anypony here...

"The task I will first do is to help you, Zed. Then, I'm going to see about making peace between Nightmare Moon and Princess Celestia." Gale Storm said, finishing his story. "Even if what happened here is meant to happen, Zed, you still don't deserve to live like this. I'll do my best to help you."

Once Lullaby had finished, Zed felt much better than he had before, but that did not mean that the tragic events of the day did not weigh heavily on his heart. With a heavy sigh, he rubbed his now healed hand, before moving out into the courtyard. "I'm going out to see if those guards are all right, and carry them back if possible." He said, his voice sounding hoarse and pained, almost as if he were on the verge of having a mental breakdown. "Anyone care to help out?"

Solar sighed and stepped up and followed Zed out to the courtyard, giving a small nod. "I'll go as well."

Celestia sighed as she watched the two head off, shaking her head. "This is all so confusing... One moment, we were celebrating a day of peace, then the next..." She rubbed her temples. "This happens..." Suddenly, she saw Chrysalis return to the Grand Hall, obviously exhausted. She waited patiently for Snow and Silver to finish speaking to her, before approaching. She knew how tired the Queen was, and she wanted more than anything for her to rest up, but she needed to check on something...

"I'm sorry to bother you, dear Chrysalis, but I must thank you for protecting Alex. It was... a rather unpredictable action, but very well appreciated." She said, tilting her head a little. "But if I may ask... why did you, out of all the others who would have done it, decide to act first?"

---

Alex stayed close to Thunder's side, feeling rather surprised as he watched her give Chrysalis a quick hug before backing away. "B-bye..." He said softly when the Changeling Queen took her leave back to the castle. He knew that both of his parents were uncomfortable around Changelings, but he never actually wanted to question it. "Mom... is daddy all right? Did he scare the bad guy off?"

---

Zed proceeded to follow the three into the Everfree forest, which had more or less been his home for the past twenty years. One would think that he would know his way around it... that is, if the forest were not enchanted to do whatever it wants. He took one glance at Chrysalis and gave a small scoff, but otherwise ignored her completely. He listened as the Pegasus spoke, keeping an expression that held no emotion. As soon as he heard about the alternate Zed, he suddenly burst out laughing. "Ha! This alternate me sounds like quite a character!" He said, chuckling. "I've gotta say, I'm a little jealous. What, was he pampered his entire life or something? The way you make it sound, he hasn't been through a single difficulty." It was not that he did not believe this other Zed existed. In fact, he had traveled through dimensions many times before. It was just the very idea that there was an alternate Zed who had lived such a wonderful life that he found hilarious.

Once he settled down, he looked sternly at Gale. "It's a noble cause, I'll give you that. But let me make just one thing clear... it's not going to happen." He crossed his arms and shook his head. "Sure, go ahead and help as many out as you want. I wan't stop you. But it's a huge waste of time. People or... ponies who help others out are never truely appreciated. It doesn't matter how many you save, how many you help, or how many you hinder. Soon, they'll just start... expecting you to help them. And when that happens, all appreciation and gratitude anyone has ever felt toward you goes out the window." He let out a sigh. "Take it from someone who's done it for as long as I have. It's a fruitless effort. If I were you, I'd focus completely on saving your own dimension. This one's already dead."

Luna walked behind Thunder and Alex, letting them talk all they needed. For now, it was best to let them be together, She noticed Chrysalis left, but it was not her duty to see where she went.

Darky sighed and he soon arrived with Lullaby.
Lullaby laid him down and used some bandages and magic spells to out Brave's bones in order, apart of healing any left wound.

------

Lullaby turned to Gale. "Uhmm... yes. That is me. How did you knew If I hadn't talked to you?" She said before turning to Chrysalis for answers. She then decided just to follow. She tried to stay at the middle of the group to be safe from shadow. It was her best shot to it

Archived