Tales of Another - MASTER THREAD OOC

Hirsan

For those of you who have no idea about this, do not worry! This is a re-creation of an RP that was on the last site I was on - canterlot.net. A few friends and I ended up not being able to finish it.

So, rebuilding the world so far, and showing you something outside of Equestria, although within the planet.

THE STORY SO FAR

Within the farthest reaches reachable by train from Equestria, one might find a single hidden hatch. Once inside, they would marvel at the evident engineering that wormed its way through the entire structure.

However, if they were to follow the tunnel they would find, a grand city would open up below them, trains running around, ponies galloping to and fro, and machines of unknown design march along the streets.

Guards are stationed everywhere, the dark grey of their uniforms and caps evident against the simple colors of the civilian life.

Welcome to Great Canyon, a secret country within the mountains. Ponies here do not have the magic of Equestria, but live their lives surrounded by science and mathematics, with amazing advances that they prefer to keep under wraps.

However, the condition of the Canyon is anything but serene.

A war with a creature simply known as the World Eater has gone on for years, and Great Canyon's elite fighting force, the Hunters, is called out to duty.

When contact is lost, however, the Canyon must make a choice.

That's where you come in.

As a part of the new Great Canyon Exploration and Rescue Expedition, your job is to find the Hunters, and hopefully discover what happened to them.

Are you up to the task?

WELCOME TO THE GCERE, RECRUIT.

Hello.

So, now that you've read all that, welcome to the RP. I will be laying out the rules next.

RULES OF T-O-A Roleplays

As this will be a recreation of around seven or eight RPs worth of content (NOT JOKING, EITHER), I will be going through a major portion of Equestria, the non-canon country of Great Canyon, and various other areas.

THE STORY SO FAR is just to mention what the current setting is. That will be updated as time goes on.

Rules:

1. RESPECT - We can't have a good RP without this.

2. TECHNOLOGY - This DOES have a somewhat WW1 era of tech-level in it, so we're dealing with basic firearms and such.

3. POWERS - Magic is only governed in regards to unicorns. If you choose to be born in Great Canyon, you won't be able to be a unicorn, earth pony, or pegasus.

4. CURSE - This is twofold. Great Canyon ponies operate under a curse due to an old nemesis. That curse prevents the use of magic or flight, and has almost entirely removed magic, and has removed flight from the Canyon.

4.2 CURSE - KEEP SWEARING TO A MINIMUM! Take a look at the RP rules if you're unsure. We want this to be fun, not a Call of Duty match on XBOX live.

5. LOCATIONS - Location, location, location! The cities for Great Canyon will be mentioned below, as well as much for what kinds of ponies come from each one. Hint - there are only 3 cities in GC.

6. DROPOUT - Always let me know if you would no longer like to be a part of the RP. That's respect, and ties into rule 1. ONLY IN THE OOC.

7. ADMIN RULE - Besides myself, there will be (hopefully) two other people acting as mods for this specific set of Roleplays. What they say GOES. I will make an announcement in this thread for such an event.

8. VIOLENCE - Keep it realistic, people! We are not dealing with a Bloody Mess perk, here!

CHARACTER SHEET

This is what most characters should follow. I will actually make a large GDocs file for you guys who join, as well as a Spreadsheet to mark out living, dead, dropout and removed. Removed means that you were not following the RPs rules

Name - Self Explanatory

Country - Great Canyon or Equestria, for now.

Race - Equestria's races that are SENTIENT to a larger degree are allowed. Great Canyon has two groups of ponies: Normal and Psion. Psion is covered in POWERS.

Appearance - Picture or words is good.

POWERS - PSIONS have basic psionic abilities, like telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and telepathy. You will not have access to spells. I would recommend looking at Psychonauts for good psychic abilities.

SPELLS - Unicorns only. While Twilight is magic incarnate, most unicorns only master a couple of spells. This is where it is reflected.

Equipment - This is starting equipment. PM me what role you want, and I'll send you the equipment you get. Keep track of this!

Backstory - THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Personality - DOUBLY AS IMPORTANT!

Special Skills - Are you agile, strong, or something else? Put that here! Also things that can be considered useful, like building, and other such things!

RP LIST FOR TALES OF ANOTHER

-0- The Hunter War - [OPEN]

((Note: RPs marked with a -0- before them are currently not in-thread as of yet.))

I should probably go first, give you a taste of what the character sheet sets up as.

Name - Hirsan Keln

Age - 16

Country - Great Canyon

Race - GC Normal

Appearance - A short-cropped dark green mane, dark brown coat, piercing grey eyes, dark grey uniform with a half-circle/half-cross emblem on the left breast side (What could be considered it)

POWERS - N/A

SPELLS - N/A

Equipment - Light Rifle, Light leather armor, night vision goggles

Backstory - Hirsan Keln is a junior member of the Hunter Corps, and one of the few that was kept behind to protect the Ministry of the Supernatural.

When the call went out for members of the Great Canyon populace to join up, he was first in line.

When he was a foal, he was met with adversity, trials, and tribulations. Being the descendant of a Knight of Balance can do that. He would always be pushed away, left alone.

That is, until he met his friend Fallout, a prodigy in terms where vehicles were concerned.

Personality - Hirsan is brash, reckless, and doesn't think before jumping headfirst into problems. He tends to leave others behind as he runs off to "get things done."

Special Skills - Tactics, Heightened Senses (Can sense others around him.)

Hey, if there are any mods about, is there another board in the RP FFA section where this RP might be more... I don't know... appropriate? Anything I've made in regards to Great Canyon (I've got two RPs worth for it) has a tendency to get... somewhat mature, in regards to violence and other stuff, like language.

Archived