Harsh Noise

Dust

• 1 month later...

Well if you're looking for lots of harsh noise, then I can direct you to a forum that seems to love the genre and all other obscure musics~

Though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to advertise other forums blatantly. >.>

Harsh noise? Like another dubstep?

Haha, I see what you're getting at, but no. Some dubstep uses harsh noises, but harsh noise as a genre is exactly what it sounds like. Really violent noise. Melodic in any way shape or form? Unlikely. I personally don't enjoy it very much, but there are some very well engineered sounds that you could definitely fiddle with to stick in an electro song or something.

It's more of a form of sound design than it is music in my opinion. :P

I don't hear any music, if anything it's barely musical.

It's organized, railing, electronic noises. If you say that this is "under-appreciated", that's because it's not music.

I don't mean to be too harsh, just harsh enough to say that this is not music in any general way.

I don't hear any music, if anything it's barely musical.

It's organized, railing, electronic noises. If you say that this is "under-appreciated", that's because it's not music.

I don't mean to be too harsh, just harsh enough to say that this is not music in any general way.

I always looked at anything as capable of being classified as musical. Why? Music by definition is mainly referring to being harmonious, but there is a definition further down the list that does not specify harmonics. With that in mind, even the sound of a can opener can be considered music. I consider the noise of an old Dodge Challenger to be 'music to my ears', so why not an arrangement of various harsh sounds?

Like, c'mon, we've all played the drums on pots and pans before. Nobody has really denied that as music~ x3

I always looked at anything as capable of being classified as musical. Why? Music by definition is mainly referring to being harmonious, but there is a definition further down the list that does not specify harmonics. With that in mind, even the sound of a can opener can be considered music. I consider the noise of an old Dodge Challenger to be 'music to my ears', so why not an arrangement of various harsh sounds?

Like, c'mon, we've all played the drums on pots and pans before. Nobody has really denied that as music~ x3

So would you consider dubstep to be music?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived