The Meaning of Nightmare Night

AlextheAngel

Nightmare Moon shook her head as they entered the wagon.

"The day was created by my sister a long time ago to make my story just a leyend and calm ponies." Nightmare Moon said.

"The idea is to dress is costumes so I dont go and eat you dont get eaten by me, and gather candy to feed me instead." She explained

"Right." Gale Storm said, after Nightmare Moon explained. "And, there are always some activities and games to try every Nightmare Night. It's not just about wearing a costume and receiving sweets. Try those out some time, Zed."

"If you say so..." Zed replied, biting his lip nervously. After a good hour or so, the train came to a stop at Ponyville, and ponies began to exit... some of them giving the boy strange looks. Zed turned away, refusing to make any eye contact. He just felt so out of place in this world, especially whenever he went out in public. It made him feel as if he... didn't belong there. In his opinion, the train ride could not have been any faster.

When the train stopped, Nightnare Moon lead them off it. She smiled at the cute costumes the ponies had and the frightened faces some made. She then started walking tiwards Rarity'a butique.

Gale Storm followed by Zed's side and noticed Zed is still uncomfortable. "Don't worry," Gale Storm said to him quietly, trying to assure him, "no pony here is going to leave you behind for this. Just stick with us until you feel confident about whether or not you'd like to take part in tonight's social event."

Zed sighed and nodded, before following Nightmare Moon towards Rarity's botique. "I'm definitely going to attend, don't worry about that." He said, feeling relieved that Nightmare Moon was not pulling him along with her magic. "I'm just... feeling a bit out of place. I... hope it'll pass over time. After all, everyone loves having me here so far." He opened the door, before stepping inside. "Hello?"

"Understandable." Gale said before entering the boutique.

After they just came in, Rarity heard the door open from upstairs, then someone then said hello.

"Ah, hello!" She said, from upstairs. "Please wait a moment, I'm almost... finished! There. Coming!"

She trotted downstairs to see who was here at this time. She is wearing a fashionable dress related to classic character from a Frankenstein movie, known as the bride of Frankenstein. Anyway, she saw who was at the door at last.

Zed, "Oh, hello there, Zed!"

Gale Storm, "... Good evening to you, too, sir!"

Nightmare Moon, "GAH!" She gasped in playful horror. "Nightmare Moon! Oh, the horror!"

She then giggled happily, and finally noticed Lullaby and Darkness Knight. "Ah, Princess Lullaby and sir Darkness Knight!"

Seeing three familiar faces, excepting Gale Storm,

"I see a few, special, familiar faces tonight... So wonderful!" She said to them,.

Gale Storm chuckled softly and then whispered to Zed, "She doesn't remember me..." Gale whispered to Zed. Humored by that fact, he smirked.

Rarity caught that, and somehow felt bad about herself. "Wait, we've met before?" She asked with concern. She doesn't recall the face, but he did look familiar, just only a little. "Oh dear... was I in Canterlot at the time? Forgive me, I don't recall..."

"Don't worry. It's a pleasure to meet you again, Rarity." Gale said in response.

"Oh well, thank you, good sir!" She said.

"Mm-hmm." Gale hummed, agreeing.

"Ahem, well..." She excused herself, and now speaking to Nightmare Moon and Zed, "How may I be of service, your Highnesses?"

"Good evening, Rarity." He said, before chuckling a bit at what Gale said. Honestly, how could anyone forget ever meeting the Duke of Canterlot? Suddenly, Rarity directed the word "Highness" at him, and it made him flinch a little. Of course, he could understand that she was only being polite, such was her nature. "You don't have to call me that, Rarity." He said kindly, before rubbing the back of his neck. "I was actually wondering if... you would make a costume for me? I'm going to be celebrating Nightmare Night for the first time."

Nightmare Moon smiled to Rarity as she played that she was scared and chuckled a bit.

"Hello Rarity." Darky said smiling to her.

Lullaby giggled and smiled. "Hi!" She said happily

Nightmare Moon then chuckled at Zed's reaction to being called your highness.

"You should get used to it." She said smiling to Zed before turning to Rarity.

"As he said, it is the first time he does so, so we came here to ask you if you could make a costume for him, or I will have to eat him~" she said smirking and chuckling a bit.

"Wonderful!" She said. "Now, I'm going to measure your body... Once I have that finished, I'll make up a... forgive me... a rather crude, but necessary mannequin for your costume."

She used her tape with telekinesis magic to measure his body, from head to toe. A samurai outfit she had in mind will not include armor. Just a haori, himo, hakama, tabi, zori, and a katana prop.

"Ah, measurements are done, dear!" She said. "This will take a while... I'd say 15 minutes. So please, make yourselves comfortable! Sweets and treats are right over there."

She pointed at a table she set up, which was, like she said, filled with alluring candies and fancy treats. She left off quickly to another room begin making his outfit.

"Nice... a samurai." Gale Storm said. "I almost tried myself to become one... but I changed my mind... for good reasons."

"I heard they go behind somethig called 'the bushido' or something like that." Lullaby started saying as she remembered something she read in a book. "Perfection above anything I think it was about, oh, and honor!" She added.

Zed kept himself still as Rarity took his overall size, before she ran off upstairs to work on the costume. "I believe that's right." Zed replied in response to Lullaby. "Honor is a major thing for them." He looked over at Gale. "You? A samurai? Well... I guess I could see it. But I think you do better as the Duke." He said with a small chuckle.

"True, that's what I thought." Gale said. "But have you ever seen me in this uniform before? I still look the same age, and my original agent uniform... well, it got old. So I made a new one-- which is this. For reasons that the Lunar agency will never say... unless Princess Luna says otherwise." He said jokingly.

Zed gave a small, half-hearted chuckle at the conversation going on, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. Just then, Opal came padding towards him and gently rubbed against his legs, purring softly. Zed sighed and knelt down to pet the smaller cat. Animals always seemed to be attracted to him... even the Timberwolves of the Everfree seemed to take a liking to him.

Archived