Ponydoodles...Pic heavy thread!

Haiku

Some of these I'll never use, but I watch Ashi on FA, and she's got me hooked, so consider this a purge of all my pony related doodles that I don't want to clutter my FA account with. :D

whisperkw.png

My character Whisper

luckytide.png

Lucky Tide

lullaby.png

Lullaby

jubilee.png

Jubilee

donkey.png

Started off as a normal donkey, then I started wondering what a pony/donkey mule would look like :)

calypsobreeze.png

Calypso Breeze. Because I have pirate ponies on the brain. I imagine he's from the island, laidback to the max. I wouldn't be opposed to someone taking and using the character so long as credit was given and it was not used off site!

sweetslumber.png

Sweet Slumber, I started out using her cutiemark for Lullaby ages ago, but the fireflies made me happy where the sheep could not! In my mind, this character is TOTALLY the opposite of her name might suggest. Hyper, loud, and full of ceaseless energy! I wouldn't be opposed to someone taking and using the character so long as credit was given and it was not used off site!

windsong.png

Windsong, old OC, unsure if she'll make it to this forum as an RP character. Lion/Eagle gryphs bore me, I've done so many variants over the years it isn't even funny, but this random mostly monochrome scheme has always been my fave :)

medleyandbabyadd.png

Medley (yes, I realize there's a Medley from the 80's, and there actually was a Medley featured on FiM already, but I've had her kicking around for awhile) and baby ADD. No, her name won't really be baby ADD. More like ADHD really....but that still won't be her name. Its just that she's all oooooo shiny things, I like shiny things, and its also 3am, and I've been drinking a lot of caffeine, and watching a lot of cartoons and its raining like whoa which makes me happy. But yeah. I need sleep. *keels over*

lotusblossom.png

Lotus Blossom, yoga unicorn pony. I have a few doodles done up of her in contortionaist poses as well, but I wanted to get a base done up first :)

albinopony.png

Albino pony idea. She's got a nasty attitude, or at least I imagined so the entire time I drew her. Needless to say, I haven't slept yet.

I love Wihsper's hair. It's very nice.

Ha! Lullaby's going a bit old-school there, isn't she? Or did a unicorn use a wing-spell on her?

I absolutely *adore* Jubilee, and her clydesdale fetlock tufts, and the mottled pattern on her back...

Windsong. Is. ADORABLE. I want to pick her up and snuggle her!

Definitely giving you a +watch on your gallery.

grannypony.png

Another day another round of ponies >_<

I <3 Gramps and Granny Smith, Gramps moreso because he reminds me of the camel with the wrinkled knees from a Raggedy Ann movie I was obsessed with as a kid http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/302 ... z.jpg?zz=1

But yes, elderly ponies make me smile. I dunno what to call her, though...

chantillylace.png

Chantilly Lace was a tentative name, I wanted to do a pretty white lacey doily type cutiemark, but I drew a crappy doodled mark and liked it and now she's got no real "Lace" theme, but I still like the name. Those curls.....oh my gah those curls! Pain in teh butt.

summerbreeze.png

Summer Breeze

aurorastar.png

Aurora Star

Also, I was extremely put off FiM at first because of the animation. I'm still not thrilled with that style, honestly, but it is what it is... I HATED when they came out with the cutesy Core 7 ponies as well, but they still have the actual toy ponies cast very similarly to the old ponies I grew up with, so I content myself toy-wise with only buying those ones. I like the show, its mindless indulgence, but I'll always pick the MLP I grew up with over this new style when it comes to favorites :D

*chuckles softly* Well, I did used to have a pony and watched a little of the cartoon as a young boy. *coughs embarassedly* Right along with transformers and GI Joe, actually. I had very little discrimination as to what gender the show was supposed to be for.

But I fell in love with the new style instantly. I consider it a big improvement. *:D* I think it's more expressive, and the characters all have far more personality and body language, which really engages you in the show a lot more.

But then, I also loved Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, so even before I knew Lauren was involved with those, I was thinking it had that feel to it.

Well, it falls into a marketing standpoint now. The brighter colors and exaggerated expressions appeal more to today's generation that they would have to 80's/early 90's kids. Almost all kids' programming has taken to the same tactics, some more subtly, because what we (well, me, at least, but if you were watching Transformers and G.I.Joe I assume you're in your late teens/early 20's) grew up on tended to focus more on delivering a clear cut message than pure entertainment value. If you watch old cartoons now, you notice a lot of the messages, to the point of them seeming overly scripted and corny, that are in pretty much every plot. Most things now are more for entertainment value than anything else, and given the competition between channels and programs, whatever will appeal most to the masses is what's made. :D

Foster's won me over before they even ran the pilot. Powerpuff girls notsomuch. And FiM, for what it is, is a decent show.

Also, I was a little girl obsessed with being a ninja turtle. Gender boundaries are what you believe them to be...I believe their meant to be bent and broken if it's what makes you happy :lol:

Foster's was *WAY* better than powerpuff girls. :D I agree.

Gender boundaries are important, I feel. They give us landmarks... so we can move towards them, or away from them. And we can be happier knowing exactly where we are, even if it's theoretically not where we're 'supposed to be'.

However... you know, it actually surprises me to hear TMNT being considered a boy's cartoon. I'm very used to eager female fans of that show. With crushes on the turtles.

dragonm.png

She doesn't have a name, but after seeing Spike's mini crush on Rarity, I started thinking on a little girl dragon that would be obnoxiously in love with Spike. She's notably tinier than he is, younger, and head over heels first crush puppy love omghowcanIlivewithoutyou in love with him >_<

Spike has always been one of my favorites.