A Talented Meeting (ATTN: Lux)

PyroBlaze

Canterlot. She always liked it here. Well, of course she did seeing as how she chose it as her home base, but oh well. 

The mare smiled to herself as she walked down the street, her ears twitching regularly as she listened to her surroundings. At one point, things sounded more open, and she figured this was as good a place as any to set up. 

After a bit of work, she had set up an obstacle course with objects that were around the area. The blind mare sat at the start, listening to ponies walk by to help cement what the course was like. 

"Yo, who wants to see me run this thing? That's right, I'm blind and I bet I could run this better than you." She called out, trying to draw a crowd before she began. 

Normally Nocturnal Melody wouldn't be outside during the daytime. For one thing her nocturnal eyes hurt when staring at the direct sunlight, making her look down. Another thing was that she had her nightclub to run, and typically was sleeping. But there was the biggest issue: her. While ponies saw her in her club, she was still leery over what a large crowd of ponies in the daytime would think about seeing a bat pony. Would they like her or be scared of her? 

Today, though, Nocturnal tried to confront her worry by venturing out in the daytime, as her club was usually open at the middle of the week when ponies had more time to have fun. She only got a short distance from her home and business when she spotted a strange obstacle course in the middle of an open area. Even more interesting was a grey Aerion next to it! In her time in Canterlot Nocturne had never seen another Aerion until now. 

"Yo, who wants to see me run this thing? That's right, I'm blind and I bet I could run this better than you." 

Well she was certainly to the point, maybe too much the Aerion thought. 

"Err... hi there. I'm actually an Aerion too, and I'm a performer, not like you but a musician. I'd like to see you run this course." 

Yiska smiled slightly in the direction of the other mare, giving her a nod. 

"Well, anypony else interested?" She asked, waiting for a few more moments before turning towards the course. 

"And off we go!" She said, launching herself through the starting hoop. She made a sharp turn, letting the noises around her guide the way as well as her memory. 

After she made it through, she came to a stop, looking over to the others. Or at least where she thought they were after all the tumbling and rolling. 

"How's that?" She asked rhetorically, not really looking for an answer. 

The confident pony set to work with her show, passing by and through each object with easy. Nocturnal wondered how a pony that was blind could navigate so well through each object with no collision. 

"Wow, that was great! How long did it take you to navigate through each object?" 

"Eh, could've been faster." She replied, shrugging slightly as she adjusted her gaze to look towards the other mare. She smiled as she heard some bits being dropped into her collection container, giving a nod in that direction. She hopped down to the other aerion, standing in front of her.

"Who are you, anyways?" Yiska asked, listening to her surroundings to make sure nopony took her hat or the money in it.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Sorry about the wait!

Nocturnal thought that the act that the Aerion ran was very good, blind pony or not. Whether it could've been faster the singer Aerion couldn't say as she was certainly no acrobatic pony.

"Well I can certainly see you have a talent for acrobatics and the showponyship as well. I'm Nocturnal Melody, and as I mentioned before I'm an Aerion as well. I run a night club nearby called Deja Vu, and sometimes I go on tour singing. What's your name?"

"A singer, huh? That's cool." Yiska said, smiling slightly. "Name's Yiska Noctis. I live out of Canterlot, though not by much. I travel a lot though, using whatever I can find to build the courses."

The mare cracked her neck a bit before going and retrieving her hat. After putting the bits she had collected away, she put the hat back on her head and moved over to Nocturnal. 

"So, why are you up now, if you work at a night club?"

Archived