Camp Half Blood-Heroes of Equestria

SymphonicFire

Slowly she dragged herself up. Midnight looked around, the only other in the infirmary with her was the boy she shot... A wimp. Standing up, she walked out of the infirmary. She wasn't injured, but shocked at what had happened today. That mare consumed her thoughts, her weapon, her grace in battle, the raw ability, it enthralled her. She struggled to find the right words to describe her, and while uncertain how to properly interact with her, Midnight knew one thing. She needed to find her, now. Approaching the centaur quickly.

"The girl I fought, where is her cabin?"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eclipse arrived at her cabin made out of african blackwood. She opened the door and stepped inside, taking off her armor and chucking it to a corner. She then lay on her bed, looking at the walls that were decorated with black cloth and the ceiling that looked like the night sky. The mare she fought earlier suddenly came to her mind. It was amazing how a mare could fight like that, Eclipse was impressed with how she uses her crossbows. The mare would have won if Eclipse had been using a sword, but the halberd allowed her to block almost every arrow that was sent her way. 

Eclipse turned her head and looked at her nightstand. A barred owl stood on a branch that was mounted to the side of the nightstand with the word 'Amria' engraved on it. Apparently she could control nocturnal animals, but talking to them took long enough and Amria was definitely not a cooperative owl.

"...What do you want?" Eclipse asked the owl who had been staring at her for a while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's in cabin 22. It's the one under the large coniferous trees." Chiron replied, pointing at the cabin under the shadows of the trees. 

Midnight simply nodded and started walking. On her journey, she tried to think about what to talk about. She knew that girl didn't share her views on death, no one did, so...hmmm, clothes maybe? Wasn't that a normal conversation topic? Hoping she wasn't horribly off, she walked up to the 22nd cabin and knocked 4 times, and simply waited. She just hoped the girl was in her cabin and didn't crick her neck, again.

Neria's cabin was as neat and tidy as it always was.  In a few minutes, she was out the door: her wound healed enough, an stygian iron version of her staff by her side, a helmet and basic armor made of celestial bronze, and imperial gold horseshoes.  Most would think she was some spoiled child of a big three, but in fact, these were the sole presents she received from her mother.  Most demigods received magic, special abilities, or a uniquely enchanted weapon.  She just got a full set of armor made of priceless substances.  

A silver dagger hung by sheath around her waist, it's blade twisted and...pokey.  The first sorta-useful product of blacksmith class that she made.  It really served no purpose save for sentimental value.  Memories of her first years at Camp Half-Blood.  She almost smiled thinking of it.

She marched over to the center of the Camp-honestly-not quite sure where to go next.

Eclipse was about to fall asleep until there was a knock on the door. "Wonder who that could be" she asked herself, opening the door. She looked at the mare and raised her eyebrows from shock. The mare that she had sparred with a while ago was standing right outside. She blinked a couple of times just to make sure she wasn't dreaming. 

"...Would you like to come in?" she asked, trying to avoid an awkward moment.

Midnight smiled at the girl as she opened the door. From her reaction, Midnight gauged she didn't expect to be visited, and not by herself. She bowed slightly and nodded her head at the girls question "Y-yes please..." Unable to stop herself, she looked over the girls shoulder. Her room looked dark, and oddly peaceful.

"Come in" Eclipse said, trying to make eye contact with the mare. For some reason she seemed normal now, earlier she was rambling about the art of death or killing and stuff like that. "Did...you need something?" she asked, directing her to the couch as she poured some water. She put the glass of water on the coffee table and sat on one end of the couch. It honestly felt weird to see the mare in her cabin, after a battle that definitely did not look like a warm up fight. It didn't matter, she couldn't be here for revenge. Plus, this was a good opportunity to actually make a friend. "Oh, I forgot to ask for her name...I'll do that later" she thought, looking at the mare.

Entering the other girls room and, following what she assumed was a gesture, sat herself on the couch, looked around. The room was just like her, fascinating. The roof looked almost like the night sky, and she eyed an owl sitting next to the bed. Whoever the parents of this girl were, they'd shown some good favour while she was alive. She took a small sip of the water, placing it back on the table as she looked at the girl. It was rude to not look in someones eyes while talking to them wasn't it?

"I will be fine, thank you for the offer however...I...I wanted to say hi, p-properly...we didn't really talk during...before..."

She knew she had to be careful, not only of her intentions but her words aswell. She couldn't know her love of her battle, and she had to be seen as 'normal', because if she did, then perhaps friendship would come, and from that, she would see her fight in the future, a prospect that exicited Midnight greatly, to see her in battle once again.

Sicar entered his cabin, the only light in the room that which came through the open doorway. He embraced the shadows as he closed the door, looking around at the inside that only he could see. Well, he supposed he might as well prepare for the coming event. 

"Oh I see. I apologize for putting you to sleep, the fight made me feel excited" she said, naturally smiling for the first time since she came to camp. The mare was stuttering quite a bit earlier, perhaps she felt uncomfortable or nervous? Or maybe she was forcing herself? Either way she looked like she was trying to be friendly, and she was nice enough to pay a visit, so Eclipse must do her best to be a good pony. "By the way, my name is Eclipse"

Midnight simple smiles as her reply to the girl apologising for putting her in the hospital. No harm, no foul, and all it did was remind Midnight she needed to actually start stretching before fights, or risk all her muscles clamping down on her.

"Oh..Its Midnight..." she says, hearing Eclipse introduce herself. She rattled the name in her head, where had she heard that name before? Had she at all? Looking around the room, and at the owl once again. She felt like she should be able to know who her god father or god mother was, but she failed horribly. She had no idea. Was it rude to ask?

"D-daughter of who, I-if I can ask.."

Oh, so Midnight was her name. It was strange that Eclipse hasn't heard of her before. With her skill level, she should be well known in the camp. Eclipse watched Midnight look around her room and soon asked who her godly parent was. "My mother is Nyx, Goddess of the night" she replied, smiling again. "You seem to be one who enjoys battles, especially bloody ones. Perhaps you are a child of Chaos? Or maybe Tartarus?"

Nyx! Of course! How could I have been so stupid?! Owls, darkness, all of it were obvious pieces of the puzzle, with Midnight thinking she was too stupid to put the pieces together. Her eyebrow perked up hearing the girl successfully guess her father, yet, given her choice of words in battle...

"Bloody battles, less so. It's less about large battles, a-and more about...." She paused, stopping herself from, going on. She needed Eclispe to like her, not to ramble to the girl at how beautiful death could truly be. "Tartarus is my father....I..sorry, I wasn't allowed to participate in combat classes for most of my time here, my father being who he is, plus my mother being in the armed forces, that and I broke the leg of my first sparring opponent, I didn't need, training..."

"Oh, so you are just passionate about fighting then?" Eclipse asked, trying to keep the conversation going. "You don't have to hold back because I called you a psychopath before, I was just surprised. Sorry for calling you that" she said, looking down at her hooves. "It's just that I have not fought anyone who was so skilled when it comes to combat. The demigods I usually spar don't put up much of a fight, so in a way you made it more...entertaining I guess". Eclipse looked up at the mare again, softly smiling again. 

Other ponies had begun to arrive to prepare for the game, and Neria gave a steely stare to each one that dared make eye contact with her.  

Midnight and that other one ain't here yet.

She had a bit of a reputation her:  she knew every camper...but they didn't know her.

Sicar materialized out of a shadow near the field where the capture the flag game was to start. Looking around, it did not take long for him to spot the one that had refused to spar and then was shot. Neria, he believed. 

Either way, he left her to her own devices, scanning the field for any other interesting campers. Those other two mares had yet to arrive, it seemed. 

She gave a slight frown.  The game was about to start, and the two still haven't arrived yet.  

She met Chiron's eyes, and she saw him give a little sigh.  

She herself gave an internal sigh, before stalking off to find the pair.

Midnight smiles slightly, trying to come off as normal still.

"I do agree, most the demi's here are...average in the dance...You managed to take me out so that is impressive..." Midnight glanced down at her watch, frowning. Wasn't there a second event on today? "Wasn't there another combat game today? Sorry, that was sorta out of no where, but like, I remembered I signed up for all of them and there were a few today..."

She knocked on the cabin door, her mind whirling on why the campers would be late.  Nopony was ever late for capture the flag!

The cabin looked empty, but she heard the voices of two ponies inside.  Chatting?  She mentally facehoofed.  

And she knocked again.

"We were supposed to play Capture the flag. I suppose we're doing it earlier than usual" Eclipse said, getting up and putting her armor on. "I'm on the Blue team by the way. I always join then since the colour matches my coat." she smiled, finding it easier to talk to the mare now. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Eclipse got up and opened the door to see a mare who doesn't look like she was stopping by to say hello, which kind of got under her nerves. "I supposed you are here to remind us that Capture the Flag is about to start. I was not informed that the event was starting earlier than usual, so please excuse me. I will apologize to Chiron later too" she said with a neutral face while putting her helmet on. How did she even know where to find them? She must have x-ray vision!

Midnight nodded, she knew it was something, but now she knew. A game of capture the flag? That'll be fun, hopefully. She was already wearing her light armour, so she silently followed Eclipse, who greeted a girl Midnight felt like she should know, but didn't. She made a mental note, blue team. If she joined blue, she could fight alongside Eclipse, but if she joined the other, well, that would give her the option to dance with Eclipse once again, a dance that had truly got her blood boiling.

She looked at the two, pleased that they had gotten the hint.  As soon as the two stepped outside, she grabbed the door by the hinge and slammed it shut.  A cruel gesture to some, just something Neria does to others.  

The camper's face was neutral, as if she didn't know or expect Neria to be here.  Were these new campers?  She wracked her brain for information.  She knew the in's and out's of Camp Half-Blood, including a package of information on each camper.  Midnight hadn't been here for too long-long enough to know the routine and schedule, but not long enough to still be surprised with...well..surprises.  But the fact that neither of them knew her made sense-not many knew much about Neria.  But most recognized her.  She was like the strange friend of Chiron.  The silent mare that never fights.  The quiet, haunting face that never sleeps.  The pony that stalks everypony else (Yes, she had a skill at...following ponies.)  

She wasn't so sure about the other camper.  The only name her brain came up with was Eclipse, so she presumed as such.  She had arrived...hm...probably around the same time as Midnight: but had gotten much more used to the schedule.  She was too formal...so this Eclipse hasn't been here long enough to understand all the rules of Camp Half-Blood.  

Or the rules of Neria.

Eclipse stopped in her tracks and turned her head, looking at the mare who had just slammed the door of her cabin in the corner of her eye. She narrowed her eyes and watched her. That mare dared to slam the door of the Goddess of the night's cabin?! This is why she has trust issues, ponies who show no respect or are inconsiderate irritate her to the bone. Such a pompous pony who thinks she knows everything needs to learn how to respect others, using her seven years of experience she has in Camp Half-Blood. 

Wait, wasn't she the mare who got caught in Midnight's line of fire during their battle? Does she not have the reflexes or the awareness of a trained demigod? Eclipse would have laughed out loud, but they had already arrived at the meeting area for the event.

"Right. Now that everyone is here, split into your teams. Red on my right, Blue on my left" Chiron said, watching the demigods put on their helmets.

She gave a sigh, automatically popping to the red team.

She turned to the members-those that played this game with her before game her a small nod.  All was understood.  

The backup plan.  

That also meant she did absolutely nothing other than stand their until they needed her.  Just what she enjoyed.

Sicar watched the three mares approach, humming slightly as the campers all separated into teams. If he remembered correctly, Eclipse preferred the blue team, while Neria preferred the red team. Hmm...

After a few moments of consideration, he went to the red team, figuring they had the best chance between Neria and himself.

Archived