Pony Avengers, Assemble!

puzzlebeat

They were being threatened to stay here. Of course they were. The only way they could have known he had powers they wanted for this team would be if they knew what he did with them. Diamond sighed a bit, standing as well and waiting for Garrett to lead them onwards. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She blinked.  She slowly turned around.  Maybe this is an asylum and I'm crazy too?!

She walked back to her seat and sat down.  Part of her wanted to lash out at the agents and run away, but a part of her was so curious, and so, so intrigued...

Strange...

It's like...something's telling me to stay here.

(Was waiting on dabom but I think I know how to get them to reply :P)

Garrett nodded as Neria decided to stay. "Smart choice." He said as he began to move towards the door on the opposite side of the room. "If you would follo-" he was interrupted by an agent who had came into the room with a bag of tacos.

"HERE'S YOUR *squee* TACOS!" He exclaimed throwing the bag in Monica's direction before storming out.

Garrett looked at Monica in confusion. "What was that about?"

Monica had slipped into a sly grinning daze as she drowned out the others in the room. She didn't really care about why she was here or what she would be doing. Her mind played a relapsing idea of what she could gain out of this. She was in a government owned system....she could zip around at the speed of light and grab anything she wished without so much of a blink. All the food she ever wanted.....cool guns.....somepony's hat. The thoughts amused her and the joke of her giving them all nicknames only doubled to her daze.

Each had their own interesting personas that she would be sure to make fun of and jab fun at......Then her mind wandered to her deepest parts of her mind. She could imagine zipping around. Pocket full of cash, her hand full of tacos and her shoulders adorned with kittens. The main agent who brought them here yipping at her like a puppy that wanted a bone, telling her what to do but she gave no cud about what he had to say. The world was her playground as long as she had the electricity to her whims. Then she imagined a large taco floating through the air and she dove to it with a twirl!

"DO A BARREL ROLL!" She heard her group of misfits calling as she did so. Before she sank into beefy, Cheesy goodness. Oh yes she could do whatever....wh~

Suddenly a bag hit her face and she tumbled back with a  gasp! Her eyes snapping open as she zipped in a sudden blink! Everything slowed to a crawl as she grabbed the bag and opened it. The frozen in time tacos still wafting their tasty good smell. Taking a whif she smiled and skipped along in her slowed world before putting one taco in the French talking one with a giggle before putting the others on the other ones heads. She then leaned against the wall near the door and took the last one for herself. Grande....NOPONY ELSE! All for her.

Time came back to normal speed and she smirked as she popped with energy. "Thanks a lot!" She laughed to the frustrated agent. She gave a passing glance to mister leader man before rolling her eyes. " Finnaly got off his butt to get my my food. That's what that was." She said as she took a bite and sighed as she embraced the taste. Winking to the frenchy one. "Enjoy your taco bruh?" She laughed.

Diamond blinked a bit as the agent came in and threw a bag of tacos at Monica, who then seemed to almost teleport against the wall with a taco in her hand. He looked over at her in confusion for a moment before noticing that he had a taco. 

"Merci, Monica." He replied, smiling a bit at her as he began to eat the taco. "Now, I believe we were about to see where we are to stay?" He asked, looking towards Garrett. 

Tacos.  She turned back towards the door, "Is it too late to leave?"

But this time, a smirk was upon her face.  

Immature idiots.  

She closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead.  Well, it seems like I'm here to stay.  

Still, she wasn't quite comfortable.  She leaned against her chair and kicked backwards, sliding her hindlegs onto the table and crossing her forelegs.  Her mind started recording everything around her-all the decor and outfits of agents.  Maybe it would prove useful to sell later.

Garrett nodded to Diamond as he brought him back on track. "Yes." He replied both to Diamond and Neria. "If you'd follow me up to the roof a helicopter is waiting for us." He opened the door and held it open for his new 'comrades', thats when he noticed the taco on his head. 

"what the?" He asked as he looked around to find Monica had planted tacos on everyone's head. "Keep up this hi-jinx and I'm gonna have to so everyone the holding cells." He said giving Monica a warm smile.

There was just no other way around it. Nope. He couldn't think of a single thing. Except that this Monica would not be cease her teasing until he reduced himself into engaging her in a full out brawl. The pup thought shaking the greasy taco from his head and sending glares her way. She apparently had the power of speed. Which was rather impressive. Though he would never tell her that. Speedy little devil. His fur was fluffed out in an aggressive manner and a low growl rumbled in his chest. Oh, what he wouldn't give to march over there and smack the spicy treat right out of her hooves. In fact...that idea  actually sounded good. Tiph took a step in her direction but, soon stopped at Garret's warning. Holding cells. That didn't sound good at all. He let out a sigh expelling his irritation with it before walking to be closer to Diamond's side. It was hard to stay agitated with the aura that Diamond gave off. Calm and friendly. It was only when Garret's words registered did his eyes take on a puzzled look. Helicopter? What was that? The others seemed to know the meaning of the word. He leaned a bit closer to the taller griffon cupping a paw around his mouth. "Er, Diamond...what's a hellicaper...?" He stumbled slurring over the unfamiliar term.

Monica enjoyed every beefy tasting bite of the hash. She looked around at everyone, finding most had been Iight hearted in their reaction. Except the puppy. He looked mad. Pretty mad. 

Scanning him and gauging him up. He seemed like he was going to punch her! She awaited him to come close, she would run circles around him! 

The he talk of cells made her look at the head honcho. She gave a giggle before looking to the puppy. "Yea cells are a no go." She giggled. 

Diamond nodded at the news of there being a helicopter on the roof. He chuckled slightly at Tiph's question, glancing over at the dog before responding. 

"A helicopter is a flying vehicle. You've seen them, non? The vehicles flying overhead slowly in the city?" He whispered back before walking with his young friend towards the roof. 

Wow...a helicopter...

Her mind was amazed, and her eyes were wide in admiration.

Alas, she chose to keep her stern-faced visage, and opted instead for a stern nod.

The other...avengers...seemed rather childish and immature.  

The immature one~

The oblivious one~

The 'uncle' one~

And...her.

She facehoofed.  

If they continued in this manner and the citizens of Equestria called them 'Heroes', she would stuff ten cucumber cupcakes in her mouth and spend three months without any drinks.

She smirked, certain that that day would never arrive.

Garrett smiled as the mention of holding cells got them moving. He lead them through the corridors to an elevator when he decided add more detail to the holding cells. "There is one for each of us." He went on to explain as he lead them to an elevator. "Special made." He chuckled. 

He pressed the elevator call button and let his words take effect.

The pup nodded as he listened, his mouth forming into an 'oh'. "R-right, of course." He lied. There was nothing like that where he was from. Not in the woods where he used to reside but, perhaps maybe in his city that he was in before they found him? He didn't know. Usually he kept low and didn't really focus on others when he was there. Though, if he were to survive this team...then that would have to change.

He listened as Garret spoke more on the holding cells. Special made huh? "Even for you?" He asked generally curious. Why would they need one for Garret? Wasn't he an agent here? Why have a cell for one of your workers. Did they not trust him?

Diamond hummed slightly at the information on the holding cells. Specially made? 

"Ils suppriment nos pouvoirs, non?" He said, looking to Garrett for a moment before realizing he had been speaking French. 

"Je suis desole. They suppress our powers, non?" He clarified, chuckling lightly. 

She froze at the holding cells.  Specially made...to control us?

Her mind raced, and a thousand conspiracy theories glitzed through her brain:

-This was a secret underground terrorist group that sought to eliminate all those that would challenge them

-this was the real force behind Equestria, reaffirming a belief that this was nothing more than a totalitarian government

-This was a secret building that looked not-at-all suspiscious and recruited ponies with special powers

The latter seemed most realistic, but most unbelievable.

She stared, and then glared, "No,"

Garrett nodded at Tiph's question. He could see the general curiosity about the cell but Diamond's question stopped him. "Some of them do." He replied to the griffin. "Like yours and Monica's, the others are made to counter our powers." He explained. "Glass walls and flood lights for you and adimantium walls for the little one and me." He chuckled as the elevator doors opened and he stepped inside. That's when he noticed Tiph's curious gaze, probably why they would make a cage for himself. "Not everypony is so welcoming for our kind."

Monica stepped insid . She wasn't listening aside from the fact she was getting tossed in basically a freaking jail cell. She tapped her hoof and growled a small bit. 

Tiph shifted on his hind paws nervously assessing the information he had just learned. The agency didn't fool around it seemed. They were rather serious about members of their kind. The uneasiness that he felt creeping upon him could be attributed to how much information SHEILD had on them. How long had they been observing him? From the day he was born or perhaps when he entered into the city? He had always thought that the Diamond Dog packs were rather removed from civilization and all that came with it. Out of the public eye and certainly not under the watchful gaze of some random organization.  At least that was what he thought up until now. He shuffled into the elevator with the others resting his back against the wall. He met eyes with the leader of the group giving a slight nod in understanding.  What Garret said was more than true. He chewed the bottom of his lip as bitter thoughts of his old pack migrated to his thoughts, brought on by the stallion's statement. Not as accepting. Isn't that the cruel truth.

"Will we all be living together?" He voiced deciding to change the subject from powered up cells. He didn't like the thought of being caged and thrown away like some rabid beast. He had already decided to do what he had in him to avoid that.

She didn't step through, but she didn't run away, either.

In fact, she was so mesmerized by the cells that she just stood there...staring.

Almost in a trance.

The memories that cells brought about were not pretty.

The stone cold walls, as they held her binded by rusty old chains.  The smell of blood and sticky sap.  I grimace, and he approaches.  Him-in all his splendor and smiles and sickeningly sweet face-was now stone hard and angry.  He reached a hoof out-calloused and blunt.  I am hit across the face, and he is yelling at me.

"You're stupid!"

"It was such a simple task-putting poison into his tea!  Even a cutiemarkless snitch could do that!"

"Worthless!"

My ears are used to such words, and I tune him out.  But still-I can feel my shame.  Poisoning someone is not as simple as it looks-and I am at blame, it seems, for my own failure.  He leaves, and I know what happens next.  I will stay here for the next few days-usually until I escape.  Then he will find me and threaten me until I am willing to take on another job.  Maybe another poisoning.  Because he is my boss...and he guarantees my survival as an assassin.

She hardened her jaw, "What other options are there?"

Garrett chuckled at Tiph's question. "Well, not in the same room." He replied till he was caught off guard by Neria's question. He frowned as he tried to think of the best way to handle this situation. 

"Well you could leave, live your life on the run by two organizations that won't let you go or..." he held out a hoof to help her into the elevator. "You can help us. Maybe work for an organization that won't chain you up and beat you."

Diamond sighed a bit at the news of the specially made cells, following Garrett and Tiph into the elevator. Tiph's question and Garrett's answer earned them a chuckle from the griffon before all attention turned to Neria. He was going to speak, but the stallion seemed to cover it. 

"They already know what you do, or did, why give them a reason to punish you for it?" He added, trying to appeal to a more logical side of it, to help Garrett convince her. 

The dog looked up at Garret as he answered his question. He thought this over for a moment. Living with others in a house...together. He had been on his own for quite sometime now so, the new living arrangement would take some getting used to. Well, the entire situation of working for a top secret organization would take some getting used. However, a part of him was glad that they would be sharing a house. His species craved the mentality of being in a pack. And when that was taken from them it was maddening. To be alone for so long without others watching your back was a pitiful existence. One that he did not care to be apart of any longer. In his musings he hadn't realized the slight swishing of his tail. He quickly stilled the wagging quietly embarrassed by the sheer puppy like action. He was thankful that he was at the back of the elevator at the moment.

Neria's voice brought his attention forward. What was going on? The auburn pup peered from his spot behind the griffon and looked at the mare. She seemed hesitant and maybe a little scared. That wasn't right. He hadn't known her for long but, she was always silent and intimidating. This new emotion didn't fit her and he was surprised to admit that he missed the other side of her. His amber eyes widen by Diamond and Garret's words. She had been beaten in her past? Who would do such a thing? He could feel a mix of anger sympathy for the mare. Anger that she had to go through with that and sympathy for the way it left her. "Er...we won't let anyone hurt you, Neria." He said looking the mare in her eyes. Of course he couldn't grantee that and it was uncharacteristic of him to make such claims. It was odd but, he felt that he needed to say that. Even if it made no different in her decision. "I-I promise." He added holding her gaze for a bit longer before opting to look at the floor.

She looked into their eyes, and saw something...she had rarely seen in her meagre life.

Compassion.  

Care.

Hope.

It was all so overwhelming-that these few 'heroes' that had met her for but a few minutes cared more for her than the boss that had watched over her for years.  She took a breath, and nodded.  I think I'll give this...hero thing a try.  Afterall...it does sound better than playing villain. 

Garrett smiled as she seemed to finally agree to help. He was glad she did because he was partially bluffing about allowing her to leave. The entire building would turn on her in a heartbeat. But luckily it didn't come to that.

"Well don't leave me hanging." He said motioning his hoof that he still had extended to help her into the elevator. "Please take my hoof before the elevator doors take it off... again."

Archived