(Open) Preparing for a show

Ashton

Devious Trixie by 20pixels

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!!!

Luna's moon was just starting to peak over the horizon, most ponies would take one look and decide it was time to start heading indoors and settling in for the night... But not this pony! 

Trixie was hanging her curtains from the stage, smiling as she less than gently stomps on the stage "Trixie is most pleased, this stage if of such quality!" she smiled, of course if she had known exactly who had built it, Specifically Applejack, she might not have been quite so happy --- or maybe she would, she was actually fairly neutral to twilight's friends, even if she might even now still harbor a few tiny grudge-like feelings for the alicorn herself... But, she was far from that now, so no reason to focus on it!

Trixie finished hanging her curtains and began affixing her stars to the stage, hearing some pleasant sounds, she glanced over her shoulder to see some ponies walking past and commenting on how nice it was to be having regular shows in the park again, which made trixie smile - she liked being the center of attention! She finished hanging her stars and went around the back of the stage to continue unpacking her wagon, she had a good feeling about this performance, what could possibly go wrong?

Starlight gave a smile as she popped out from the wagon, "I got the traps for your third act all set up!"

She handed Trixie her magic wand, her magic wrapping around it and making sparkles burst from the top of the wand.  She smiled at her friend-who seemed as happy as she was.  "What's the show plan for today?  I mean-you told me just now that you were performing tonight,"  And of course, she hadn't hesitated the slightest bit to offer a hoof to help her friend unpack. 

Trixie smiled, at first it was a cocky smile, but it softened as she looked on her friend. Still a little surprised that she even had a friend, much less one this close "Well, the first act will be the same as always, with amazing stories of my past... er... victories" she laughed faintly, feeling even more awkward talking about this in the wake of how many times Twilight had defeated her... "I made a few changes to the second act though" she said, levitating a few papers out of her bags and over to Starlight "if the crowd seems to be getting antsy, I will cut straight into the third act" she smiled as she gave starlight a chance to read the changes, which included giving her more time in the show! While to most this was a minor thing, the fact tha trixie was willing to share her spotlight even the tiniest bit more than she had to, made it even more clear how much she thought of Starlight as a true friend and not just an assistant, and certainly not as a tool to hurt Twilight.... something trixie still felt sore over, and it still surprised her that she DID feel sore over it... even if she was hesitant to name the feeling 'guilt' that was what she was feeling...

She smiled, "That's sounds great!"

She levitated the paper, and began to read.  Systematic "mhm's" and "ahh's" burst from her mouth.  The changes were...interesting.  Especially the part where she recieved some of the spotlight.  Wow Trixie...you've come a long way~

"I-I...," she was at a lost for words, but closed her mouth before she began the equivalent of gaping tuna Twilight, "I'm honored.  Thank you,"

Trixie smiled, glancing around to make sure nopony else was watching then gently hugged starlight "It's the least I can do, you taught me a valuable lesson, you made me realize it was time to let go of foalish grudges... and that even if certain ponies never fully trust me, there are others who will" she walked over to her trunk and began rummaging through it "now, if you can just master the more subtle stage magic, perhaps we could actually take this a step further" she said, levitating out a straight-jacket with multiple locks on it "take some time and practice, try to make the lock appear to stay closed while you actually slip it through the D-rings, and maybe in the next show we can have a double-feature in the second act" she said, floating the straight-jacket and it's locks over to starlight "but only once your comfortable with it, the very LAST thing I want to risk is you getting hurt" she paused "but no cheating and just teleporting out of it, that ruins the whole effect. This isn't about raw power, Everypony comes her assuming we're both powerful unicorns, so we want more... hidden... magic, more subtle... remember the stage is less about raw ability and more about showmare ship" she explained

((wow, now that I'm using highlighting instead of text color, I'm really realizing just how much Trixie talks x_x))

She smiled sheepishly and ran a hoof down her mane, "I'm glad you've turned yourself on a better path~,"  

Holy horseshoes!  I sound like Twilight!

"I mean...reformed sounds so much better than 'still-evil'.  Don't worry-my magic is in tip-top shape.  With my lessons on Friendship, I can harness the 'love and light that binds us together'.  And I'm sure being around my," she reached her hoof around Trixie and gave her a side hug,"best pony friend forever will do my magic good,"

She walked towards the stage, eager to check out the decor.  Her magic straightened out a few elements, before pulling at the curtains.  The entire sheet of fabric collapsed on her, "Whoops,"  Instead of crying-though-she began to burst out laughing.  

So much had changed since the 'Our Town' days~

Trixie smiled at the hug "th-thank you" she said, a little awkwadly, not used to using words like that "Trixie... I mean... I sometimes miss it, but I see this is for the better" she smiled at her 'assistant' 

When the curtain fell, trixie also giggled then ran over and levitated a corner up "Be careful!" she said in mock horror "This is a maaaaaaaagic curtain!" she said spookily, then after a moment but out laughing herself, 

((am I the only one thinking 'these two are soo much alike, I hear wedding bells...' (lol))

Archived