Reflections...the Good Sombra and Evil Celestia

Lyipheoryia

Reflections [OPEN]

The Reflections AU is a...well, reflection of the show-canon verse!  It's a world where King Sombra is a benevolent and kind ruler, a place where cruel antagonists like Luna and Celestia ruin everyday life.  It's a universe where the North Lands are protected by Discord, and the South Lands are protected by Chrysalis.  It's another world entirely!    

Notable Characters

King Sombra: A kind, righteous ruler with a pure heart, this Sombra wants nothing but the best for his kingdom. 

Celestia: An evil tyrant with control over the population and a mind on controlling all the multiverses, this Celestia is the farthest definition of "Princess".

Luna: An advisor to King Sombra.

Trixie: An Alicorn Princess.

Discord: A knighted hero known as "Sir Goodguy"

The Mane 6 and Spike: Wanted criminals, these Mane 6 aren't really a "Mane 6" at all.  Feel free to deal with a mean Fluttershy, a sad Pinkie, a snobby Rarity, a rude Applejack, and a bunch of ponies you'd never want to ever deal with.  The Elements of Harmony do not exist.

Everypony else: An emo Cadence, scaredy-pants Shining, motherly Chrysalis, 'Wondebolt-worthy' Derpy, and other 'opposite of show canon' personalities.  Flim and Flam are court judges.

Important Updates

[N/A]

Places

North Lands-protected by Sir Discord

South Lands-protected by Chrysalis

All Pegasus cities lie in ruin due to Celestia's tyranny

Ponyville-more modern archetechual design

Canterlot-Where King Sombra rules and the Royal Palace Stands, annual location for Sombra's Samba-Fest and the Chili Cook-Off

Castle of the Two Sisters-seat of power for Celestia, at edge of Everfree Forest

San Franciscolt

Whinnyapolis

Las Pegasus

Bitsburgh

Horsolulu

Rules - Please Read

Make sure to read up on the comic if you're playing a cast member.  For one-Chrysalis isn't just a nice pony-she's not a pony at all.  And Twilight is just a normal Unicorn.  

If you're playing your own OC, find a suitable 'opposite-point' to play by without making the OC 'un-rp-able'.

This version of Equestria is more technologically and scientifically advanced than the show-canon Equestria.  For one, Ponyville has a more modern architectural design.

To apply as a character for this universe, write a little blurb on how your character will act with appropriate 'opposites'.

Current Characters

PrinceBlueblood: Blueblood-a seemingly good stallion with sour intentions

PrinceoftheNight: Royal Adviser Luna-a silly adviser in King Sombra's court

1 hour ago, PrinceBlueblood said:

Does Prince Blueblood show up anywhere in this comic series?  Because I've been interested in exploring AU versions of him.

Not that I remember, which means you have a lot of latitude in how to do it.

Alright, here's the idea I had:

Blueblood, the dingy demagogue

In this universe, Blueblood is an amiable, down-to-earth sort of fellow, living in rags on the streets.  After a foalhood falling-out with 'Auntie Celestia' over her treatment of the population, he was stripped of wealth and title and cast out to scrape a living among the urchins of Canterlot.  He was able to win their respect, however, and soon real leadership skills on his part caused him to rise in the arcane hierarchy of street rats to be a 'Prince in Rags.'

Now that the Stallion is grown up, surrounded by a cadre of his colthood gang members, he's taken to rabble-rousing and being a general nuisance to the upper class.

That's the basic idea, anyway.

1 hour ago, PrinceBlueblood said:

Alright, here's the idea I had:

Blueblood, the dingy demagogue

In this universe, Blueblood is an amiable, down-to-earth sort of fellow, living in rags on the streets.  After a foalhood falling-out with 'Auntie Celestia' over her treatment of the population, he was stripped of wealth and title and cast out to scrape a living among the urchins of Canterlot.  He was able to win their respect, however, and soon real leadership skills on his part caused him to rise in the arcane hierarchy of street rats to be a 'Prince in Rags.'

Now that the Stallion is grown up, surrounded by a cadre of his colthood gang members, he's taken to rabble-rousing and being a general nuisance to the upper class.

That's the basic idea, anyway.

Seems like a good idea!  Some sort of 'Pony Robin Hood' perhaps?

I'm not sure he'd be that altruistic.  My WoE Blueblood is a snob hiding a tender and golden heart.  AU Blueblood, therefore, would be a jolly good fellow... hiding a hard and secret ambition.  That's his throne Celestia's sitting on.

2 hours ago, PrinceBlueblood said:

I'm not sure he'd be that altruistic.  My WoE Blueblood is a snob hiding a tender and golden heart.  AU Blueblood, therefore, would be a jolly good fellow... hiding a hard and secret ambition.  That's his throne Celestia's sitting on.

Sounds good!  I'm waiting for more interest in this AU before starting a thread.

I am rather interested in this!

I can play Luna if you wish

Though I hadnt read the comics (like for real, only the first one I think, but I am somewhat aware of what happens on that AU the comics show)

17 minutes ago, PrinceoftheNight said:

I am rather interested in this!

I can play Luna if you wish

Though I hadnt read the comics (like for real, only the first one I think, but I am somewhat aware of what happens on that AU the comics show)

Just know how Luna works in the comics and this AU :).

She's basically just 'another royal adviser nobody'. 

9 hours ago, Lyipheoryia said:

Just know how Luna works in the comics and this AU :).

She's basically just 'another royal adviser nobody'. 

And I assume she is still an alicorn. (in those comics she is)

I know how she is in thr comics (simply sillier than normal) 

Archived