do you hide your brony-ness?

Angie Cakes

do you hide the fact that you're a brony?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. do you hide the fact that you're a brony?

• yes
    • no
    • from some people
    • from most people

I am pretty open,at school I carry around 5 notebooks and a folder specifically for the show.Someone asks,I tell them what it is.They ask why I like it,I tell them to watch some episodes and you'll know.They laugh,I say whatever.They try to make fun of me,I call them parasprites and walk away.I am also planning on putting up posters or something to advertise the show.So yea,I'm pretty open.

Yes and no. As much as I want to show off my "brony personality" to the public, I just can't :sleep: Even from my family, I mentioned it once and the reply I got was " Aren't you a bit too old for that?". I laughed and just said "no way, You're never too old for cartoons". Which is true, but... Only my close friends know about my pony-loving addiction. I guess I'm just to shy of the reactions I might get if people know I watch mlp.

In my area it's a badge of honor to be considered a brony (central NC). I've found it's much easier to communicate with teenagers (I'm old as dirt - wait - older - 43 - yes older) when I mention the show. I organize card tournaments in my spare time and I've found most of the teens who play cards love the show.

If I'm at work and I mention it - thankfully I have 2 daughters so people assume it's for them. (insert giant 'I lied' face here lol) :D

GAWD, no. I flaunt it like nobodies business. Even at work. I have my cubicle all decked out in PONY TOYS!! Woohoo! And I spend every minute the phone isn't ringing at work (like now) on canterlot.com....I don't hide it. I love ponies. I want everyone to love ponies. But more importantly....

I love ponies. <3

Sadly yes... :sleep:

Only two people in the world know it...my best friend who is a guy, and my best friend who is a girl.....Not even my family knows...Which makes for some tense situations when I'm trying to write something 'pony related' as my brother loves to come into my room uninvited....

But what else did you expect, I'm a High School Irish Senior.....I'm still ashamed of myself though :eek:

GAWD, no. I flaunt it like nobodies business. Even at work. I have my cubicle all decked out in PONY TOYS!! Woohoo! And I spend every minute the phone isn't ringing at work (like now) on canterlot.com....I don't hide it. I love ponies. I want everyone to love ponies. But more importantly....

I love ponies. <3

Sneaks in and scoops all of Knight's MLP toys off the shelf and tip toes out of topic! :kissy:

On Topic: I think we should trust our own judgment - if you feel you should reveal something private about your life then it is up to you.

And if Jason and Knight want to donate all their MLP toys to me - then that is fine as well! Bwah ha! :blush:

Sneaks in and scoops all of Knight's MLP toys off the shelf and tip toes out of topic! :kissy:

On Topic: I think we should trust our own judgment - if you feel you should reveal something private about your life then it is up to you. And if Jason and Knight want to donate all their MLP toys to me - then that is fine as well! Bwah ha! :blush:

Truely, you have chosen the right avatar to represent you.

MLP is definitely on my list of passions that could leave a weird first impression.

Hey guys! I'm having a bit of a problem with my brony-ness :S

I only found Mlp Fim about a week ago and it has been my secret for that time. Somehow one of my irl friends has found out and none of my friends will be very accepting about me being a brony because of our ages. I'm not sure what I should do. I don't want to keep my bronyism a secret but if I tell them I'm afraid of the consequences.

Thanks for reading

Hey guys! I'm having a bit of a problem with my brony-ness :S

I only found Mlp Fim about a week ago and it has been my secret for that time. Somehow one of my irl friends has found out and none of my friends will be very accepting about me being a brony because of our ages. I'm not sure what I should do. I don't want to keep my bronyism a secret but if I tell them I'm afraid of the consequences.

Thanks for reading

Well they don't have to know about your level of devotion - You could shrug it off as you saw the memes online and you liked them and leave it at that.

It's none-of-their-business if you melt into a puddle of overwhelming desire everytime fluttershy tries to shout 'yay'.

Well they don't have to know about your level of devotion - You could shrug it off as you saw the memes online and you liked them and leave it at that.

It's none-of-their-business if you melt into a puddle of overwhelming desire everytime fluttershy tries to shout 'yay'.

Thanks! Thats a really good suggestion :D and you hit the nail on the head with fluttershy ;)

Guest PlatinumRarity

I'm not ashamed of it at all. The only reason I choose not to mention it to some people is that I'd rather not hear them whine... ahem, complain, about things they don't take the time to understand. I think the G4 Carlton Pinkie Pie ornament on my desk makes it pretty obvious to any observers however. Or those who see my iPhone wallpaper. Or my desktop.

Edit: Brownclown I wouldn't worry about it. Friends will always truly be friends and accept the quirks of each other. Love and tolerance becomes easier with time, even if it's not you who needs the lesson. After all, we're here to support you through trying times! :Rarity:

I have to admit the other day I was on the phone at work talking to my daughter and the conversation went like:

CPH: Yes dear I want you to bring up the youtube of (lowers voice) my little pony - sonic rainboom and make an AMV of Rhianna's 'We Found Love'

When I'm out at card tournaments it's very easy to be nonchalant about it -but wow in a professional setting - it's a challenge! :D

Well, if the problem doesn't just go away on its own, and it might if you stay silent, then you should prepare yourself to defend the series. It is of good quality, and is not terribly difficult to justify. It may not change their minds or stop teasing, but it will increase your confidence in yourself and your hobby.

Why do you watch it? Answer that for yourself before opening my reasons below:

The theme is that relationships are challenging, but rewarding and worth the effort.

There is almost no romance drama, allowing the show to focus on attributes of healthy friendships.

The characters are diverse and relate-able so anyone can find a character that they like.

The lead is a nerd, but a cool one.

The animation is visually appealing

Guest PlatinumRarity

I have to admit the other day I was on the phone at work talking to my daughter and the conversation went like:

CPH: Yes dear I want you to bring up the youtube of (lowers voice) my little pony - sonic rainboom and make an AMV of Rhianna's 'We Found Love'

When I'm out at card tournaments it's very easy to be nonchalant about it -but wow in a professional setting - it's a challenge! :D

Sadly at a bank no one cares. Even if they did they would have to be right over my shoulder due to the privacy screens.

/sigh