Dragon Age Origins: Ponies United

Shadowbolt0

Dancer sighs, so much for tough love.

she bends down and helps her pick up the books 

"you can bring 1; which you can study while we prepare. Don't worry about stopping the blood Mage because I already know a pretty good way to stop them." She gives her a little wink and stands her up. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yeah, an arrow to the head stops anyone pretty good." Tehengu said simply, cracking his neck a bit. "Now come on, I don't want to keep Buccaneer waiting."

With that, he began heading towards the door, pausing long enough to buy himself a drink before stepping out and waiting for them outside.

-----

Dolor nodded, looking back to the injured man for a moment before standing and heading over to some people that looked like they might be smart.

"You know Shadowcallers? They bad, I punish." She asked, looking between the ponies.

Cryie didn't understand why Dancer had done what she'd done. Why had she thrown her books on the floor? All it made was the mage to distrust the only member of the group she liked. She could have just said that in the first place. "I-I don't plan on bringing them out on the fight...b-but, there is so much they could help with...." she muttered weakly slowly standing up having put all her books back in her bag "I'll leave them in the chantry thing...p-please...I want to help and they'll let me..." she begged. She knew they were right, in combat she couldn't use the book, but there was so much she could learn! She'd read in one of her books at home spells that were designed for war, maybe she could learn one of them, maybe they were in the book and she could help fight!

Bann Tegan was in pain. A blade had torn through his lower stomach as well as his neck, leaving him dying slowly. He looked up at the minotaur, an ally the grey Warden had mentioned. Good to know, his town was in safe hands. He closed his eyes as the girl walked off.

The people Dolor approached was in fact, two priestesses, both who turned to the face the Minotaur. They knew of the help the Warden was offering, although what she asked.... One of them looked at the other, who shrugged. "I can't say I've heard of these, Shadowcallers. But if you want, i'm more than happy to take you to our archives and help you search for them if that's what you wish". She knew the risks the Minotaur was putting herself in for the her own sake, and wanted to repay the favour however she could.

Dolor frowned at their response, sighing sadly. It seemed like she would never find them. Not that she would stop trying, but it frustrated her. She simply nodded in response to the offer, letting them lead her to wherever these "archives" were. 

"Why do I always get the stubborn ones?"  Dancer says out loud 

"ok fine! Let's just hurry up;" she say patting the small of cruise back then half pushing, half gently guiding her out

"we're wasting time; and bird boy knows where everything we need is! Let's go!"

The priestess led Dolor into a backroom which was carefully lined with books.

"Here we go, the Chantry Archives. Please, tell me about these, what did you call them, Shadowcallers? Are they an organisation local to Feraldan?" she asked, wanting to know what she was looking for.

Cryie frowned, and a sad look flashed across her face. She wasn't trying to be stubborn, but she knew her books would help her. She felt bad for Dancer, having to deal with her. She let Dancer guide her out, clutching onto her bag as they walked from the tavern up at the top of a side-hill, down into the Chantry, meeting Buccanner at the door just inside the building.

"Dancer, Cryie..." He says the mages name with some level of hesitation "Have the locals been, forthcoming about what we're dealing with here?" he asks.

"Shadowcallers rival tribe. They hurt my family, they bad." Dolor said, watching the mare. 

-----

Tehengu nodded to Buccaneer, flying off again to go visit the blacksmith. Time to get to the bottom of this thing. 

Dancer nodded. "We're up to date. Things are bad with the civilians, I left them some weapons but they won't be abkebtoblast much longer. We things as bad from the government side? Is the king still alive?"

she he was in work mode. No nonsense, no jokes, no time

The Priestess didn't understand how context was meant to help, but surpressed herself. It was clear, in her eyes, the Minotaur wasn't a native to their language.

"Are they from Feraldan, or are they from somewhere else?" she asked, trying to get the relevant information out of the Minotaur.

At the blacksmiths, the door would be closed and locked from the inside, and a mad mummering coming from within.

Buccanner frowned. Dancer had changed, from a fool to a general almost. It was, surprising if he was honest with himself.

"Last we're aware of the Arl is alive but unwell...but the Bann is, well, in a bad state..." he answered, right at Cryie from behind Dancer seemingly perked up.

"I-I can help!" Cryie says, reaching for the staff on her back "P-please, I can help him....t-the bann person...a-and the arl!" she looked at Buccaner, who had a look of distrust on his face. Seeing that, she turned to Dancer, silently begging the girl to help her.

"Umm... Me no think they from here... We live on plains..." Dolor responded, tilting her head a bit to the side. Was that helpful? She wasn't sure what they called her homeland, and honestly she had been searching for so long she was finding it hard to remember which way was home without finding any landmarks. What would she do once she punished them?

-----

Tehengu tried to open the door, frowning as he found it locked and heard the rambling. What was going on? The griffon snuck around the building, looking for a window to see what was happening.

Dancer gritted her teeth. This town was about to fall. But then cryie almost jumped up behind her. 

Dancer had yet to really see her in action and the true potential of her magic; but it was the best option hey had. 

Dancer looked to to the warden and slowly lowered her chin nodding. It was really the best they had 

"The plains?" the priestess echoes, as she started going over several of the books "Well, i'm not sure we have anything on the plains, but I think we have a few books about the outlands...These Shadowcallers, are they minotaurs like yourself?"

------------------------------------------------

The griffon would find a locked window, but inside he'd seen an older man, muttering as he drank one of several alcoholic beverages strewn around his smithy. "D-damn Bann, leaving ma girl like that, how dare he" he was muttering to himself.

------------------------------------------------

Cryie perked up seeing the approval from Dancer, but the glare from Buccanner was far from vanished. "Only if it'll heal him" he says looking at Dancer's nod. The mage bowed her ehad before heading over to the Bann, and began examining his wounds, and a soft yellow glow emerged around her as she started to cast magic.

"You trust her, don't you?" Buccanner's question was much more like a statement "Despite being a mage from Ozrammer, you think she's capable of good? I'm honestly tempted to ditch her here. Look at her, with her books and her pet, she's not a fighter...during a fight I bet she'd curl up and die"

Dancer had a couple of dialogue choices. The wheel rolled in her head, but she instead chose silence

silence had a sort of a powerful effect on ponies. It's power was one of the reasons she was always talking in her jester character. But with silence or only would she show her confidence in the younger girl, but reflect the wardens words back on him

internally she she rooted for. Not only would having the ban alive help the immensely. But it was her chance to show her full worth !

"Shadowcallers minotaurs, yes." Dolor replied, nodding to them. "You know minotaurs?"

-------------

Tehengu sighed at the scene, moving back to the front door and knocking on it. 

"I just want to talk, come on and open the door." He called, hoping for at least a response. 

(I want to applogise for the massive delay on my end, I have a few university issues which demanded my attention)

The Priestess looked back at the books. Minotaurs, Shadowcallers? While the Shadowcallers didn't ring a bell, the other word...

"I'm afraid we lack any books directly related to the Shadowcallers, but we do have several on Minotaurs. I'll admit i'm uncertain what they contain, but if you'd like i'd be more than happy to locate them for you" she priestess offers Dolor.

----------------------------------------------------------------

After knocking on the door, the man behind it could be heard sighing "What is it then eh? I told you be'ore, I an't duing nothing! Leave an old man to drown his sorrows why don't you?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Buccanner didn't expect silence as his reply from Dancer. The Jester left him with almost as many questions as the Mage did. Why was it at some times, he felt like this girl was a soldier, and others, a fool? There was a mix, and he didn't understand it. Maybe, in time, he would. After all, a fool would have told him to trust the mage, but silence...It spoke as much as any words would. He returned her silence with his own, and looked over at Cryie, who's magic was growing around her, the yellow leaving the girls staff and drifting into the Banns body. He stared at her, hand on his blade, ready to kill her if he needed to. A mage may be of good intent, but the darkness is ones soul is forever waiting.

"Yes, find Minotaur books please." Dolor said, giving a nod before pausing. Could she read? She hadn't really tried to read a pony book before, and her tribe didn't really have any books... Oh well, she could ask Cryie later, she was smart. 

----------

Tehengu sighed at the response he got, shaking his head a bit. Of course he had lost something, why would it be any simpler?

"Mourning is all well and good, but now really isn't the time. Are you really going to let innocent people die just because you're sad? Take it from someone who lost almost everything in the course of one day, you need to keep going. You can't sit there and drink yourself to death while your town is destroyed, you have to fight back. Never forget them, but don't let their absence take over your life." Tehengu said, his tone somber and serious. 

After waiting a bit dancer broke the silence 

"locals said the undead were coming from the palace itself. If we can get the party togather and start investigating now perhaps we can find the ******* that's doing this when there unprepared. That's my idea at least" 

The Priestess nodded her head, and gathered several books which all covered Minotaurs. One would cover Minotaur biology, another could cover what a scolar believed was Minotaur Society, another covered the general living areas of Minotaurs, and the final book was an understanding of Minotaur tribal clans. She offered all the books to the Minotaur "H-here, please. I'm glad I could have been off-assistance"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"She ain't dead!" Protests the voice behind the door "My Elain, she ain't dead. A serving girl in the castle, but she ain't dead! I'd know if my own daughter be dead damn you! I refuse to help you villagers if none of you will try and save her, no one even tried going into the castle and savin' my girl!" He moaps

----------------------------------------------------------

Buccanner listened to the Jesters suggestion, and if he was honest, it wasn't even that bad of one. Investigate before the sun goes down, return before it does and fight...but, he had to take into account the unaccountable.

"I'm not leaving this village defenceless Dancer. They're civilians, it's not their battle to fight. I do understand what you're proposing, but i'm not risking leaving 'her' unguarded" his eyes didn't leave Cryie's back "She may have good intents, but that paves the way for mages to kill...Until as time as I can trust her, she stays at your side...and if she threatens myself or anyone on our side, i'm expecting you to carry out what is required of you...." He knew it might leave a bad taste in the mouth of his companion, but he refused to leave it unsaid. If she went rogue, he wouldn't allow her to kill anyone...

Dolor smiled at the mare as she took the books, nodding her head a little bit. She looked down at the books and found she could not read what they said. There hadn't been anything to read in her tribe that had been available to her, she had never been taught to read. Reading had been for the storytellers. Besides, these symbols appeared different from the ones in her tribe, though she only got a brief glance of those ones...

Cryie would have to read them for her later. Dolor nodded her thanks again before beginning to walk back towards where Buccaneer had been.

-------

Tehengu fell silent for a moment after what the stallion had said. He didn't believe she was dead, but he said she was a serving girl in the castle... Well, the griffon could only assume that's where she was when this all happened.

"Listen, I am going to be helping with this defense tonight. If I get the chance, I'll go look for her and bring her back if I find her. But first, you have to help the villagers out and supply the defense force. If you don't, the possibility that I can even enter the castle is much less likely. I promise you though, if you help with the defense, I will do everything I can to make sure I get in there to look for your girl. Deal?" He said, sighing slightly at the beginning. He really hoped he could find the girl, he didn't want this man to truly experience loss like him.

Dancer nodded but spoke with a frown "understood boss." 

The he thought was heavy in her mind. She knew there was a chance she could go mad. But she doubted it would happen to her. She also thought about what he said about defending the village. 

"If you hate her so much; take her with us. It's a win-win for you. She either helps in one way or the other. You keep your eyes on her and if she dies well that's a plus for you too!"

"now I'm about as ready as one can be for ... Undead. So on your order." There was a certain somberness to her voice. She was being absolutely genuine with the warden. 

She didnt want to be here, but at the same time she did; because she was needed. And she would follow his orders

dancer thought to herself. Wondering; how often was she honest like this? Her entire life revolved around deception. It felt like the first time in a long time dancer was actually there and not the harlequin 

The Priestess bowed to the Minotaur before returning to the Chantry Halls for Prayer.

“Y-you’ll look for er?” The voice perks up “I get them blasted gear fixed up and you promise you’ll find her for me?....” The man was silent for many moments as if contemplating the offer before the latches unlocked themselves and a mostly drunk heavily bearded man came out, hugging Tehengu tightly before releasing the Griffon “Thank you..Oh thank you!...Now, get them swords armour, all of it ‘ere now, my smithy is open!”

Buccanner raised an eyebrow at Dancer. Her smarter side was showing once again, most than just a pretty face and a costume.

“We’ll see how she performs tonight….” He says as Cryie’s magic floats around the Bann. After several minutes, the mage walks her way over, looking physically tired.

“I…I stopped the bleeding, h-he’ll live. Rest..h-he…he just needs rest..” Cryie said, getting a raised eyebrow from Buccanner as if asking wasn’t it her who needed rest?

Less than an hour later, everyone was rallied in the Chantry with Buccanner standing at the front.

“Ok, we’ve got a few hours until the attack. I suggest you use it to sleep, once the battle begins I can’t have to being tired. The locals have kindly offered to share their food with us also, so ensure you’re fed since you’re the primary line of defense. I’ve split us into smaller teams….”

“Now, the primary force of undead come from the castle and will filter through a barrcade we created. We’re all going to be there holding off the primary attackers, the civilians have agreed to fight outside the Chantry, plus we found a Diamond Dog Merc holding out who has, offered, to help them hold” he explains “Some of the knights will be with us, but majority of them will be holding the Chantry on lockdown”

Buccanner takes a deep breath “Dolor, yourself and me will be at the front. Nothing gets past us, not one undead…Dancer? I want you splitting in and out of the front, if we’re getting overrun you’ll get to cut down anything that somehow slips past us. Tehengu, you’re on covering duty, use that bow, take apart as many as you can…” Buccanner hesitated when he came to the mage “I had a brief chat with Cryie and Dancer, and learnt that Cryie is well versed in combat medical spells, so, she’ll be trying to shield and, if we get injured, healing those injuries…” It was clear from his tone of voice he didn’t approve of this part of the plan in the slightest, but Dancer had not only insisted this would show is Cryie could be trusted as a mage, the entire mission didn’t rely on her so if she wasn’t, as long as they didn’t get beat up, they’d be fine.

“You have till sundown to do as you wish, then we fight. I expect you to work together, I know we only just met…but an entire town is putting their faith in us. Don’t let them down, and don’t let me down” And with that, Buccanner walked off and went to sleep.

*SEVERAL HOURS LATER*

Buccanner was, unsurprisingly, the first on the hill. Admittantly he was 30 minutes ahead of schedule and didn’t expect anyones company for some time. He had spent the last few hours sleeping, and wearing his signature heavy blue armour, was ready for battle. On his back were 3 2-handed blades, and on his hips, 2 sheathed blades.

(Ok so HUGE Post. So do post what your character does for the break in time. If someone wants to involve Cryie in their post, please contact me and we can organize something, other than that, rally with the Captain and prepare for the horde)

Dancer tryed to sleep ... She couldn't. She was afraid of the nightmares she might have; undead covered in gore ripping ponies apart? Darkspawn dragging her off into the dark roads to become a brood mother? Or perhaps as they say she would face the source off all these problems and enter the fade itself? It was all a bit to much for her. No sleep in the past 2 days. 

She she found a quite place. An old room in the chantry. She unzipped her costume and climbed up into the rafters enjoying some privacy.  Not wearing any clothes, no costume, right now she didn't have to be a clown.  no armor, she didn't have to be a fighter. It really helped clear her mind. 

She thought about perhaps putting on some nice make up. Something that always boosted her confidence and just made her feel good. But figured it would all be washed away in sweat soon during the big battle, A waste. Just like everything lost during the blight. The weight of the situation got to her a bit and alone laying on the rafter she cried.

after about an hour; she climbed down and got dressed. She figured cryie was concentrating on her books, spells and healing the ban, she felt bad about being so harsh on her earlier. But when the time was right she would apologize. She went into town and got a few glasses of water to help hydrate herself, and a beer or 2 just for something to enjoy. She talked to the locals giving them tips about fighting.

"a pitchfork would be a great weapon, it's got some good reach and can do damage like a spear or a club."

"no! no! Don't try to hit them in the heart. Yes it's an important spot but! It's covered in bone. If your using a heavy wood ax like you said; just mash there head. That will work." This went on for quite a bit. And afterwords she felt like she really made a difrence

sje then spent the last hour or so stretching her body. Getting her muscles nice and warm. She drank more water and made sure tonight she would be at her very peak!

she inspected her blades one last time. Each one sharp enough so shave with. She sheathed them and marched up the hill meeting the buccaneer. "Hey ..." She wasn't quite sure what else to say in a situation like this; to a stallion like him.

"I will try my best. Can't promise anything more." Tehengu replied, nodding at the stallion's words and flying off to inform the people.

----------

Dolor and Tehengu stood there as Buccaneer spoke, the minotaur holding the books in her arms as she had yet to find a place to put them. They both nodded as their jobs in the fight were brought up, and the two went separate ways at the end. Dolor walked around for a little bit, eventually placing the books with Cryie's books and heading off to get rest.

Tehengu stayed up for a bit, sharpening his arrows and his blades, making sure he was stocked up enough for the fight to come. Once he was satisfied with that, he came down from the roof, pausing as he heard crying. Looking at the source, he saw what appeared to be Dancer, but the darkness was making it hard. He shrugged a bit, figuring it could be anyone around here considering what was happening, and headed off to get some rest.

-----------

Tehengu arrived next, looking between the two ponies for a moment before nodding to them, standing near Buccaneer and scanning the area as he waited.

"I am going into the castle once this attack is broken. I promised the blacksmith I'd try to find his girl, and I always keep my promises." Tehengu said, looking over at his fellow warden. He figured it would be better to say this now instead of just telling them as he went in.

A couple minutes later, Dolor climbed the hill, wearing her armor and carrying her hammer. She rubbed her eyes, trying to get the little crusties out of them. The minotaur stopped next to Dancer, smiling and giving a little wave to the mare.

Buccanner was slightly surprised that of everyone, the Jester was the first to join him on the hill. Of everyone, he had expected her to be one of the last. While she was ignoring his instructions to keep close to the mage, if the mage left before the battle, it wouldn’t be that bad, and not his problem to deal with.

He replies her greetings of “Hello” back to her, right as Tehengu arrived, and announced his intentions to enter the castle to save, of all people, the blacksmiths girl. While he could have simply told him not to bother, Buccanner assumed that was the deal the griffon had struck in order to have the farmers armed for tonight.

“Depending on how the battle goes” he says “There is no way of knowing for certain when the undead will stop their attack. But I’m with you brother, when they are repelled, we’ll enter the castle, find this girl and try and locate the source of this disaster”

The arrival of Dolor was good, but left Buccaneer slightly worried? Where was that mage?!

Cryie had taken a power nap, but outside of that, spent her entire time reading through her books. She had separated her books from the books that Dolor had put down, and had been learning and trying to practice several spells for tonights conflict. She was so engrossed in her book that she was told by one of the farmers to get ready. Closing her book and armed with her staff, she walked up slowly to the top of the hill, joining the rest of the team silently.

“Alright, we’re all rallied…”  Buccanner points at the castle gates, right as the upon “Maker I hate being right sometimes…” he draws his weaponary as endless undead pour from the castle and start to sprint down the path towards the village. Despite the barricade to help slim the numbers that attacked at once, the undead sprinted with no intention of trying to stop. Some of them headed straight for the Grey Warden and the team, others seemingly attacked the barricade itself.

“No time for speaches…” Buccanner mutters as he rolls his shoulders and, wordlessly, charges straight forwards into the fight, his blades swinging and removing the heads of several undead that got too close to him.

Cryie, standing all the way in the back, looks over at Dancer, and despite having faced situations similar, the unicorn wasn’t good at hiding the fear in her eyes.

“R-right…” she muttered as she looked forwards. The fight had just began, and no injuries yet…But as much as she wanted that to remain, she knew the reality. They’d need her…she just hoped she was quick enough to help them.

(Again, I wish to applogise for the delay on my end, university is still rather time consuming)

Dancer watched as buckaneer confronted the horde. It was an amazing sight! At this moment dancer doesn't think she has ever seen anything more heroic and strong! 

He seemed to be doing well but the left flank was starting to fill. Dancer drew her blades and ran ; she jumped up on the barricade and ran along the wooden beam jumping down behind the aprouching group. She shoved her daggers into the spine of the nearest undead and jumped to the next getting a chain of back stabs before they even noticed. She had taken out 5 before they seems to notice her and dancer used her speed to jump back and wait for them to come get her. 

with about 6 zombies coming for her dancer stepped back. Outmanoverig them and splitting up there group. As soon as they had some space the jester danced behind the nearest one getting one last back stab in before spinning and stepping forward plunging her blade into the eye of one coming straight for her. She stepped to the side withdrawing her blade in one fluid motion. 

4 left, and more coming to add to the group quickly becoming 9. 

"Looks like this is going to be one heck of a night!" She shouted 

Archived