Insomnia

DeadAccount

If it's important I wake up in the morning, I just listen to music in my bed until I fall asleep. If it isn't so important, I just stay up and sleep when I'm tired.

Well, I usually come up with a story of some sort, get into bed, and let it play out. Eventually I just conk out. Also lately I've found a youtube channel called PaulFromStokeUK that has a lot of relaxing music, some which have things that premote sleep in them. I just play some of it on my iPod with headphones in and I drift off. A nice warm pet or blanket help too, my cat curls up with me every night and when she purrs, it's like a sleeping pill. :geek:

Listening to music is is my go to solution.

Also I find taking a shower helps. It's soothing and I find being clean makes my sheets feel more comfortable. I don't know how to explain it. It's something you have to experience to understand.

Oh camomile tea is a lovely alternative to warm milk! Not that I don't like warm milk. It's just in case you are lactose intolerant.

I had a fit of insomnia recently for a few days. I usually wind up having arguments with my pillow about why it's not comfortable. I get up, go to the bathroom, tease my rat, flop back on my bed and watch GSN or if I'm feeling like it, fire up an episode of MLP on my DVR to try and coax myself to sleep with.

On nights when you can't sleep at all, what do you do? I either lay down in bed and watch tv, I pick up a book to read, or I drink warm milk (usually warm milk knocks me out when nothing else works).

this combined with your avi made me think for a second that you pick your nose when you can't sleep ._.

um, I just lay in bed because my parents get mad when I'm out of bed when I'm supposed to be sleeping

I've been suffering from insomnia recently, I just lie in bed and have a bajillion thoughts tumble through my head. I try to focus by plugging in my MP3 and listening to quiet songs until I fall asleep. If I'm working on a story I can plan out the next chapter in my head; I always get my best ideas when I'm half asleep. :)

If all else fails I just take some Tylenol PM and conk out.