Hearty Harvest [Ready]

PatchworkPsycho

Roleplay Type: WoE

Name:  Hearty Harvest

Nickname: Hearty(No, whenever I say Hearty I mean the OTHER Hearty, duh. Kidding, if you can't tell)

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye color: Mild/Dark Green

Coat: Light/Pastel Green

Mane/Tail: Light Brown/Green

(For color reference only, not actual representation of pony: ponytown image - http://imgur.com/JxO6rOG - )
Physique: Muscular - not giant though

Residence:  Appleoosa

Occupation: Farm...hoof?(Farmhand doesn't sound quite right if you know what I mean)

Cutie Mark: A simple farming scythe, wooden handle and silver/gray blade. Hearty loved helping out in the fields of his family's farm. His father, however, wanted him to take over managing the farm, saying, "Some ponies are paid to work, and others pay for work to be done. I pay the ponies in the fields so that Equestria can be fed. My son shall not become a common laborer." Hearty didn't like this, and so he still snuck out whenever his father wasn't looking. One day his father had enough, and said that if Hearty wanted to be a fieldworker, then he can sleep in the barn, like real farmers do. And his father promised that if the fields were harvested entirely by the end of the week, he would be allowed to work to his heart's content. Hearty Harvest began the hardest week of his life. He roused the others that stayed on the farm well before their normal waking time, and had everyone working by the time the sun finally peaked over the horizon. He himself did as much as a little colt with hardly any experience in anything other than eating and sleeping could. With only two days left to spare, Hearty came up with what he thought was the best idea his little mind had ever come up with, stay up and work through the night! As soon as all the other ponies began to call it a night, he for help with his idea, but all they did was laugh, saying that nopony can work without sleeping, especially on a farm. So he just got back to work, despite the objections from the others. Come the due date, Hearty's father walks into the field closest to his own home, and finds his son, asleep. He roused the little colt, "So, you didn't even make it through the first field, huh? I told you, you can't handle it." Just then, one of the fieldworkers comes running up to Hearty's father, "Sir, yo- *Gasp* you'll nev- *Gasp* you'll never-"

"Sweet Celestia, take a breath! Now from the top, what are you trying to say? Slowly this time, don't choke on your own tongue!" He took a moment to breathe, then began to speak again. "Sir, you'll never believe it!"

"Believe what, might I ask?" Hearty's father asked, genuinely baffled as to the stallion's meaning.

"Your son! Look!" The worker shifted his weight onto his left hoof and pointed with his right at Hearty. "His Cutie Mark! Isn't it wonderful? Some ponies never get them this early!"

Hearty's father stared for a moment, then walked off, muttering something along the lines of, "Where did I go wrong?"

Before the stallion returned to work, he glanced at Hearty, who was already up and walking off toward the barn. Just as he turned to leave, the laborer swore he a tear roll down Hearty's cheek.

Unique Traits: Seems tireless at times, usually when working. Good with most farming tools, scythes included(shocker). Not a fan of the plow though. He enjoys reading every now and again, but prefers listening to music, or occasionally singing along. Generally works well with all crops, but specializes in things like wheat. Never goes anywhere without his lucky hat and bandanna, both of which were gifts from relatives. One of his best friends is his pet sparrow, Twit, who likewise stays by his side as much as possible.

History: Hearty was born on his family farm in Vanhoover. He always traveled with his mother when he was little, while his father managed things on the homefront. Their trips continued in full swing until Hearty began school. Their trips became few and far in between. They came to a complete stop when Hearty's mother got ill. The doctor said she would recover in about a week. Then he visited again, and said the same thing. After a few more visits, Hearty knew she wasn't going to be fine in a week. He didn't have the courage to ask if she would survive, but he didn't have to. She passed away roughly three weeks after they all celebrating Heart's Warming. Hearty and his father tried to get along, but it was clear they were far too different, and could never find any middle ground. Eventually Hearty had enough and decided to leave. Not knowing where he was going or how he would get there, Hearty hopped on a boat, and found the nearest train and headed out on his journey. After an uneventful ride, the first thing he noticed was the air. There was little to no humidity at all, and he was fine with it. For once, he felt free. He was in a place he remembered from books he used to read. Appleoosa. Without thinking, he had gone to one of the few places he knew by name. He decided to stay for the time being, and started to explore. Eventually, he landed a job at an apple farm and began his new life.

Character Personality: Hearty was raised to believe that violence solves nothing, and all that all ponies should have some degree of manners, no matter the situation. He tries his best to live by these rules, and almost always succeeds. When around friends, he loses the formalities. Hearty hates being picked on or made fun of, though he tends not to confront anypony about it. He always puts others ahead of himself and acts with the utmost kindness, even toward strangers. Hearty believes that, "Everypony deserves a first chance. At least give them that. Then we can talk about second chances."

Character Summary: Hearty is a farmer originally from Vanhoover. He lives in Appleoosa ever since his late teen/early adult years, where he works as an apple farmer. He is friendly, kind, and loves meeting new people, and hearing all of the stories they have to tell from where ever they come from.

And that's my presentation on how Equestria was made, I hope you all enjoyed!

Archived