About the 3 posts in the intro section

Ashwood

I suppose there is a reason for the 3 posts limitation but wouldn't be useful to change it to 1 post in intro section and 3 in Equestrian Welcome so people can post in the Questions & Suggestions section at start to get some informations about the site? Or is it to make the rule simple?

Well, if you DO have any questions, I think they can just as easily be asked in your Introduction. There are lots of members around willing to lend a hoof, and also to welcome new bronies to the site. The limit used to be 5, but it was brought down to 3.

Part of the reason is to help stop spammers. They'll be limited to the Introductions section for at least 3 posts, so they'll be easier to catch and the staff will be able to find any topics with malicious links. Also, it's to encourage bronies to get to know others, by chatting with them for a little bit before roaming about the board. I would say that 3 posts is actually pretty reasonable.

I'm guessing those captcha dealies just don't to the trick by themselves anymore, huh?

Idea is: if you really care about posting 'round here, you first have to:

1. fully go read the rules about why there's no "reply" button for you as of yet.

2. take your time to actually post an introduction, read some others and reply accordingly - or just reply to people on your own thread.

This will kill any spamming attempt. Anyone really willing to join the forums will do it with pleasure.

I actually joined to enter the filly contest... yet I didn't know I could've just posted without having to do the 5-first-posts thing first... Yet I went thru all the rules, checked them accordingly, and started posting around. I got my limit unlocked, I posted my filly, and then started giving a look around. I liked it around here. Pretty cute and nice! So... Here I am now.

I suppose there is a reason for the 3 posts limitation but wouldn't be useful to change it to 1 post in intro section and 3 in Equestrian Welcome so people can post in the Questions & Suggestions section at start to get some informations about the site? Or is it to make the rule simple?

Well the reason is to protect against bots and spammers mainly. We rather not have to do it but it keeps the place from becoming cluttered with spam. It used to be five posts but we felt that was a little steep so it was reduced to three. Feel free to ask any questions in the Intro section, but I will bring up with the admins about your idea in allowing posting in Questions & Suggestions as well and see what they say.