(Completed)(Ponyville) A Voice in the woods...

Ashton

Flux returned Hope's hug happily, giving off happy chirps as the room cleared itself and left them alone with the image of Twilight. She looked over as the image began speaking, tilting her head in confusion at her words. Proud? They barely knew each other. Her answer on who she was really didn't help her confusion either, but there was nothing to really be done about it as the image faded away.

"Me too." Flux shrugged, hugging Hope tight as they sat alone in the cave. After a few seconds, she stood up, looking around before following the lights to see where they led to. Hopefully a way out of here. The changeling examined her body and tried to get more used to it as she walked. It'd probably take a while, but she thought she would enjoy this new body once she finished getting used to it.

As they walked the light became brighter, and strangely, the roots seemed to make a ramp leading up to what appeared to be some sort of drainage grate "I see the light! It looks like some kind of metal door!" exclaimed Hope as she buzzed up and began to push on it, its weight being quite a chore for the little changeling, but then a faint purple glow from some unseen source engulfed the gate and flipped it up.

Hope Buzzed her wings as she flew up "We're out! ...but where are we?" she looked around at the stacks of books, then when she turned around to see the other side, she gasped and nearly fell back into the hole "Twilight Sporkle! The real one!"

3495bb0b76bdbdde8d6adbcac8d98299-d57cxg0.png

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Indeed, standing there before the two of them was Princess Twilight herself, though she did not look upset, but rather, she was smiling, and no doubt a relief after seeing the strange not-quite-right smile of the being below, THIS twilight did seem to know how to smile properly. Twilight giggled a little "Actually, it's 'Sparkle' not 'Sporkle'" she said, gently taking Hope in her magic and setting her down on one side of the vent, while then levitating Flux up on the other side, then closing the gate.

At a nearby table, the pair would also see a somewhat beat-up Rainbow Dash along with Starlight Glimmer... and about six cups of coffee and a bag of mini-marshmallows in front of the empty seat at the table, clearly it had been a long night for the Princess

Once the gate was closed, Twilight took a deep breath, then smiled at the two of them "Your probably wondering why I'm here" she explained "When you two wandered into the cave you awoke an ancient magic called The Tree of Harmony" she paused "Being the element of magic, I felt the tree's power and given this town's reputation I feared the worst, so I came as fast as I could"

Dash laughed "You should have seen her! She looked like she had just ran TWO marathons!" grinned the pegasus

Twilight rolled her eyes, though the hint of a blush appearing on her face made it clear dash wasn't exaggerating "When I got here I ran into Rainbow Dash, who told me that while she was trying to tame a storm in the everfree, it had thrown her through the side of a hill and into a cave, where she saw the Tree of Harmony make you both dissapear"

"Would have been nice if it had just shown me the entrance..." snorted dash, rubbing her side, clearly sore and bruised from the storm's abuse

Twilight let slip and other small giggle before continuing "I was relieved, but didn't know what might happen, so I came here to wait, since this is the only exit from the Tree's caves. You dont know how relieved I was when I heard voices, the tree can be a little... difficult... with it's tests sometimes"

"Difficult?! Dont you Remember Gallus-"

Twilight's horn glowed as a sphere of silence engulfed rainbow, who immediately stopped talking and crossed her hooves, pouting like a foal.

This did, however finally give the two changelings a moment to speak if they had something to say.

Flux gave a surprised chirp as the door was pulled open with magic and they both got pulled out of the cave by the same magic. Sure enough, Twilight was on the other side, the real one from the looks of things, with Rainbow Dash too. The changeling listened curiously as the two ponies spoke to them about what had happened, blushing a little bit with a giggle when she realized Rainbow had probably been that thud against the cave. Right before she had turned into the pegasus. Once they finished, she blinked a bit more, still not sure what to say in this scenario. Eventually, she just smiled happily at the two, starting to bounce in place happily.

"Well, thanks for letting us out! I dunno what we should do now though, Hope needs someplace to stay, she's been living in the Everfree for the most part." She chirped, flying over to hug Twilight before looking back at Hope.

Hope looked nervous as she saw Flux hugging twilight, but the alicorn noticed this and with a smile used her magic to pull Hope into the hug too, wrapping her wings around both of them "Yes, when Rainbow told me what happened, I contacted King Thorax immediately, and he told me about the lost patrol and the missing foal" she said "and while I am no longer headmare of this school, I'm sure Starlight will agree that after passing the test of the Tree of Harmony, Hope has more than earned a spot here where she can make even more friends and live a much more comfortable life than in those old tents"

"really?" asked Hope, her eyes sparkling "...what about my friend Flux?"

Twilight laughed "Flux is of course welcome to visit you any time she wishes" explained the princess

"Yay!" exclaimed Hope

Twilight smiled, but sighed "Its been good seeing you all, but sadly I must get back to canterlot, I need to at least get a nap before lowering the moon and raising the sun" she said "I wish you both the best" she gave them one final gentle squeeze, then her horn glowed brightly and the princess was gone.

Dash was beating on the side of the sphere and shouting something, no doubt about being stuck inside a bubble of silence, though in mid-rant it popped "-ING QUIET SPELL!" though as soon as she finished she turned red and covered her muzzle, clearly not sure how much the two changelings had heard

Hope laughed, putting her wing around Flux, smiling, the future was looking bright, and for the first time in a long time, she looked toward the future and was filled with hope.

The_End.png

• Like 1