Adulting and Paperwork. [School of Friendship] Attn DubStep

Skycoaster

br5yGmy.jpg?1

Candy Corn

The young unicorn made her way quickly from her sisters' orientation and went to where she supposed that the Head Mare had directed. Taking a few deep breaths, Candy would knock before taking a seat on one of the rather dusty chairs outside the door. "Wow, this school must be efficient," she mumbled as she remembered all the times she spent waiting at her school in Bittsburgh. It must have been fate that brought her to Ponyville...ether that or her guidance counselor had gotten in touch with the one for this school when Caramel had been enrolled here to find her her apprenticeship with BonBon. Non the less, here she was...taking care of family business for Kettle. "Oh why couldn't Ma or Pop come for this..." she mumbled. "I need to get back to work..."

• 2 weeks later...

4c25qcG.png

Nothing like a nice warm cup of tea to brighten one's day! And she actually had the time to make it this morning! Switching from tidying up in the mornings to the evenings was a small but brilliant choice. Starlight hummed a pleased little tune as she sipped from her mug, looking proudly over the neatly tamed desk in front of her. There was something to be said for controlled chaos, she could give Discord that, but it was more relaxing at work to have things tidy!

Speaking of work.

A rap tap tapping had came to Starlight's door, the unicorn perking her ears up and glancing over. Sitting her mug aside, she would trot on over to the door, peeking her head out with a smile she spotted what she could only assume to be the pony who came knocking at her chamber door. "Ah, good morning! I hope you weren't waiting too terribly long. Please, come right on in." she would say with a wave to the unfamiliar pony before taking a glance towards the other unoccupied seats. "Oh I really should dust those. Sorry about that!"

• 2 weeks later...

br5yGmy.jpg?1

Candy Corn

Candy smiled at the unicorn before fallowing her into the office. "I guess if they don't get used much, it means yinz ponies know how to run a school," she tried to joke. Looking around, she would take a seat in front of the counselor 's desk. It was clear by the way she sat that she was nervous...not for herself but for Kettle. She would look around before focusing on the name plate on the desk. "Um...Miss Glimmer? I'm Candy Corn. I'm here because-" she'd close her eyes and take a few deep breaths. "Come on Candy, you can do this," she mumbled to herself. "I'm here on behalf of my sister who is a student here. Actually both are new students here but...just the one is why I'm here." The nervous tremble was apparent in her voice.

The white unicorn would face hoof before regaining herself. "You see, I'm their acting guardian, at least for the time being. I'm apprenticing with BonBon here and town and Pa thought I could keep a better eye on them here for little things then he could back in Bittsburgh. That makes sense, right?" 

• 2 weeks later...

4c25qcG.png

Starlight chuckled softly and nodded her head. "That's true. Though free time is a bit of a double edged sword. Gets pretty boring as I'm sure you can imagine." she would say as she took her seat across from the younger unicorn, who shortly introduced herself as Candy Corn. It was quite clear to Starlight that the poor mare had so much nervous energy bundled up that if she wasn't careful she'd go from Candy Corn to Pop Corn. Heh...heh...Yeah that one's staying upstairs, too corny...Hah.

"That makes a great deal of sense yeah." Starlight would answer with a nod. "It says good things about you that your father's willing to trust you to keep an eye on your sister." after a brief moment to take a sip of her tea before sitting the mug aside, the unicorn spoke again with sympathetic smile. "And if it helps you feel more comfortable you can call me Starlight. As the school's guidance counselor, one of my main goals is making sure my office is a place where anypony can feel comfortable enough to talk about whatever might be troubling them."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

br5yGmy.jpg?1

"Alright, Starlight." she'd exhale some of her stress. "The older of my two sisters seems to have had everything completed in advance, and I even got a nice thick packet including her classes, her housing, the menu for meals, even a welcome letter for parents, or in my case guardians. It's my youngest sister that has me in your office." Candy would chuckle lightly, thinking about the giant packet of papers. "Somepony in this school must really like lists and planning for every little thing...which why I can't figure out why Kettle didn't get one." The young unicorn would tap a hoof to her head as if in though. "You don't think....no....she wouldn't, would she?" Candy's jaw dropped as she had an awful thought. "You don't think she forged her entry papers to be with her sister, do you?"

The fear of Twilight went into her eyes. "We-We gotta look up her papers. The Corn family doesn't need to be on the bad side of an alicorn!" She'd take a few deep breaths. "Please tell me this wouldn't be the first time this ever happened..." She was now near hyperventilating.

• 1 month later...

https://i.imgur.com/4c25qcG.png

Starlight settled in and politely listened as Candy spoke. Some ponies were very good at hiding their body language. Swallowing their nerves to work up the courage to do something that felt just so incredibly daunting! Other ponies on the other hoof didn't so much swallow their nerves as they tackled them, grabbed on for dear life as they trashed around inside their brain, and prayed to dear sweet Celestia that they could keep them under check just long enough to 'survive'. We've all certainly been there.

After Candy had finished her explanation, Starlight slid a empty brown paper sack over just as she started to hyperventilate. Always be prepared. "Slow steady breaths. It's alright." Starlight smiled and nodded her head, waiting a moment to give Candy a chance to breathe again before continuing.

"Now, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting your sisters yet, so I wouldn't begin to make assumptions about what she would do. Despite Twilight's..." Starlight paused again as she searched for a more diplomatic word than 'obsession'. "Fixation with paperwork, planning, lists, organization...ah...etcetera...There has been more than a time or two where some paperwork has been misplaced, misfiled, or mislabeled, or just plain misaddressed! And with the change in Headpony, it'd hardly be a surprise if there was some mix-up occurring." Starlight chuckled and sat up straighter. "Try not to worry though! It would take a lot more than sneaking in to join the school to get on Twlight's bad side, truuuust me. As for the paperwork, I'd be more than happy to get a hold of Headmare Bluebelle to sort this out!"

• Like 1