Just Another Day [Closed]

Aisede

It was another productive day at the spa. One of Rose's sims was tending shop while the mare herself helped Aloe around the workplace. It'd probably gained a bit more attention after that kelpie came by, but otherwise it was business as usual.

Right now, however, was downtime. The time to clean, eat, and prepare for the rest of the day until closing. The nascant queen herself was twirling a blue collar around in her aura with a contemplative expression as she inspected the bathtub usually used for mudbaths. It was just so... Strange to her, even after all this time. Why mud? Why not literally any other viscuous substance?

"I wonder... What would happen if we had a pet?" Closing one eye, she lowered it until it framed Aloe through the center. Rose smirked. "Or do we even need one?"

Rose's horn flashed, and suddenly Aloe had a lovely pair of floppy dog ears. This seemed to amuse the mare. 

• 1 month later...

~~~Aloe Blossom~~~

Aloe hummed while she was eating her lunch today with Rose. Today it was a fresh garden salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, raisins, maredarin oranges, and an assortment of nuts with a raspberry vinegrette. Simple, but tasty. She munched on all of the crunchy vegetables whole she thought about the questions that Rose had been asking and helping teach her about the spa and the work that they do here. She was certain that she was going to turn the shade of her sister if she had to explain the principles of mud again. She began to wonder if Rose kept asking about it because she knew it pushed her buttons. 

She looked up though when she heard Rose ask about what aloe thought about them getting a pet before she saw a flash and felt her ears go floppy. "Oh! I think a pet would be a wonderful idea! The only concern I have is how we would take care of it. Pets take a lot of work and care. It's like a full time spa client, except we pay to take care of it and not the other way around. What kind of pet were you thinking?" Aloe asked, plopping a tomato in her mouth. 

Rose snorted, trying not to laugh. Although she had only been joking, so she didn't have anything in particular in mind.

"There are always... Dogs. Some ponies took dogs to sea, and some townsponies kept them to herd livestock."

There was another momentary pause, and her eyes narrowed in thought. She rubbed her chin with a hoof. "There are also cats. They make great familiars. In fact, I think I may have had one for a brief time while I was learning witchcraft, but it... Er..."

She blinked and looked at Aloe, suddenly going silent. 

"I didn't tend to it as well as I should have."