Ice & Fire (Closed: Icy/Rose)

Aisede

It was a pretty average day, all things considered. Rose hadn't started showing any signs yet of her own baking bun, but that'd come soon enough.

A few ponies dropped by asking for this and that. A potion to make their mane more festive. One that created an artificial winter, and another to revitalize an old family tree. She still didn't have as much experience on agriculture as she'd like, but making a tree more lively was far from beyond her.

She was just cleaning out her display case when a pony came in. 

"Hello, and welcome to Rose Compass's Cure-all's and Curios," she'd announce with practiced sweetness, swapping out some expired potions for fresh ones. She could always recycle unused materials. 

~~~Ice Storm~~~

There was a very, very particular reason why Ice Storm was here today. The party later tonight of course, but that was not why she was currently standing in front of this shop. Standing here, behind the door was the only creature that Ice Storm felt that she could trust. Aloe trusted her with her life and she'd seen the two of them with a little one recently and no doubt it would be present tonight as well. That knowledge only made her trust this alchemist more. Plus, she was the only creature that she trusting in Equestria that could do what she was wanting. 

Ice Storm pushed the door open and the some of bells rang through the shop. The standard greeting to shops like this. She heard the pony behind the counter greet her and she smiled. "The pleasure is all mine. Though I must admit that the request that I have today will be an odd one, but you are the only one in Equestria that I trust enough to do it. I might not have every met you before today, but Aloe was a good friend of mine when I lived here, and if she can trust you with her life, then I can trust you with mine," she said, setting four boxes that looked like jewelry boxes on the counter. When Rose would open them, she would see for very differently styled engagement rings. The next thing that would hit the counter was a relatively large bag of bits.

"I would like you to harvest a bit of my love, and imbue it into an enchantment onto these rings. One of my brides to be can only see magic, so the ring itself would usually go unnoticed, but these four ponies are extremely special to me. I would die for each and every one of them. I don't want the love to affect them in any way and I don't want it try to to force them to return my feelings. That's not needed. But as a way to connect all of us together. Where when one of us is in trouble, the rest of us can answer the call," Ice explained.

• Like 1

Well, this was a surprising visit. When Rose withdrew the rings, she immidiately knew what this was for. What's more, she was apparently familiar with Aloe.

Rose smiled, recognizing the pony. "Oh, Ice Storm! We met once at a party. I beleive Blueblood was announcing his engagement back then." It sure did feel like so long ago. That was when she was still putting together and expedition team and encountered Tiger Blood. Before she had met Aloe.

She levitated one of the rings in her aura, analyzing its composition with a simple spell to gauge how much magic it could handle. "It's nice to see you again. You said you want to be able to respond to one of your herd in trouble, did I hear that right?"

So a Help Other spell. 

"Do you only want to be able to interact with them under those conditions?" Perhaps a Soul Bond spell instead? Her own country would have her on the 'block for such a thing, but Equestria appeared to be more lenient. "There are... Other ways to achieve such ends. But they'll require something more than you have presented to me."

Of course, she could just enchant it as she said, but Rose knew a thing or two about love now.

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm smiled and nodded to the mare. She was surprised that she recognized her as she hadn't been back into Ponyville since the last Hearth's Warming Eve party. It further exemplified the fact that she was in the right spot for this. She also heard Rose talk about the enchantments that she was asking about. "Kind of, I was thinking of something that we could just kind of use to always to be together even when we have to be apart. And that would automatically let us know when another is in danger, and let me or other magic capable ponies can teleport to them in their time of need. If that can be done with what you have here. Unfortunately I'm presenting these to my loves tonight after the party as part of their Hearth's Warming gifts. I am willing to pay any cost needed that doesn't require me to fetch anything. Normally I'd have no problems with that, but time is of the essence. The timing has to be perfect or everything gets thrown off," Ice Storm replied. 

• Like 1

Well that complicates things. 

"Do you have any objects on you that bear personal significance to your loves? Anything they may have touched or seen that left a mark on them?" Rose went on to elaborate. "If I'm to tie you to them and vice versa, I'll need something from them first. Especially something emotional."

Gently, she placed the rings on the counter, watching the pony. Naturally, she conducted a subtle scan to check her health and status as well. There was something... Different about this one, but it didn't appear to be a part of her. Not technically. 

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm listened to the mare as she spoke. She needed something personal to bind them, the more emotional that it was the better. Ice Storm immediately knew what she needed to give her for herself. She thought for a little bit about different things that she could give for each mare. She wasn't sure, but she came to one conclusion. She could only hope it would be enough. "Forgive me in advance," she started before closing all of the windows and making sure that the door was locked before going any further. "But absolute secrecy is needed for what I'm about to reveal as it's one of my most well hidden secrets. known only to those within my circle already because well... we all sleep together so there is no hiding it. I only ask that you do not laugh yourself..." Ice Storm said before pulling out a tri-folded object with colorful prints all over it. "I have a medical issue that requires me to wear these at night so that my sheets remain dry, and it's only ever been getting worse, and will forever continue to do so according to the doctors. It's not something that can be controlled, nor is it something that can be fixed by the magic we have available. In fact, the stronger my magic is, the more issues I have. We all have a heavy emotional attachment to this because the ponies that I call my family know how much this has burdened me over the years and have stood beside me through it... This is the single most emotional item I can give," she before letting her magic release the diaper and setting it on the counter. 

Rose, respecting her fellow pony, said spoke nothing of her thoughts on that particular subject. Incontinence was one of many maladies she wished to fix, another of nature's failings. Perhaps she could create a potion to help her with this problem? She'll need time- it was not something she had put previous thought into- but it was not beyond her abilities.

"This will do," she nodded, taking the object in her aura and focusing on the emotional energies left on it. The process was slow and methodical, and Rose sounded distracted as she continued the conversation. "And your secret is safe with me. In fact..." She narrowed her eyes on the object, the glow of her horn intensifying as a mixture of otherworldly colors rose to the surface of the diaper. 

"If you allow me, I may be able to assist with your medical problem. I fix maladies of all kinds, and this is far from beyond my skills." Slowly, the color pink began to dominate the others, then split into four distinct strands. 

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm nodded as the mare said that her secret was safe with her. She also appeared to be deep in thought. Whether it was because of the spell that she was casting, or something else entirely though was anypony's guess. Ice watched as the diaper levitated and colors started to change on it. First to colors that she couldn't explained before starting to turn pink. The color of love. She then heard the mare offer her services to try and assist with the issue at hoof, watching as the garment split into four. She hoped that she would still have enough for the remainder of the trip now, but there was nothing more special to them that she could give. 

She paused herself, giving thought to the Mare's offer. "Please don't take this the won't way, because I don't doubt your abilities, this is proof enough. But many ponies have tried and failed to treat this because it's tied directly to my magic. Even the doctors in the royal infirmary that tray the princesses themselves couldn't find a remedy. So you'll forgive when I say that you're more than welcome to try, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've accepted that this is something I'm just going to have to live with. That said, what do you need from me to extract my love for these ponies?"

Those four strands multiplied by four more, then funnelled into the four rings. They glowed as if fresh from the forge for several seconds, and a mixture of Rose's own green flickered over the metal as well.

"I don't mean to boast, and I, too, typically refrain from revealing this to mortals, but I have over a thousand years of experience treating creatures and their various illnesses. You won't find a more qualified doctor."

"As for you." She turned her attention away from the rings, which rapidly cooled down, looking no different than they had before. "Extracting love can be an uncomfortable and distressing experience when taken. Would you like me to turn into one of your loved ones and receive your love that way?" If she knew any of them. Although with how many eyes she has in Equestria and beyond, it's unlikely she hasn't at least seen them. 

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm smiled and nodded when she heard of the changling's experience. She had no doubt that Rose could make many remedies for such an ailment. Especially with that much experience. What she doubted was her body's ability to respond to the treatment. She watched the magic separate even more and start moving into the rings. "I see no harm in trying. The worst that could happen is another remedy that has no effect, and if it works, them that's a bonus."

"As far as extracting the love from me, there is no amount of pain or discomfort that I won't endure for those that I love, just as there will be no end to my wrath for any that would ever seek them harm. I'm more that willing to endure a brief period of discomfort to ensure a lifetime of love. However, I suppose the method you should use would be whichever one would make the strongest bond. So I will default to your judgment on the matter," Ice said. 

• Like 1

"Excellent!" Rose clapped her hooves together with a chipper smile. "I'm afraid I have not studied your particular condition very much, so we'll setup a later date for that. For now, I'd like for you to tell me who to turn into to evoke the strongest emotional response."

"With your permission, I could also search your mind for this information directly, although I know that most ponies would not consent to that." She folded her forehooves over the counter, waiting patiently to proceed. "I want this experience to be as swift and painless as possible, Miss Storm. However you wish to proceed, that is what we shall do."

~~~~Ice Storm~~~

"If you would like to study my condition, that can be easily arranged. For optimum results I imagine that would require a sleep study, but I should warn you, what you could see might disturb you. There's a reason I have to wear ones that thick. The ones that are intended for incontinence just do not last overnight," Ice Storm replied. "As far as who would invoke the strongest emotional response, I cannot give an answer because I love all of them with all of my heart. There isn't one that I would do more for than any other. I would give my life for each and every one and there is no more I could give. With that in mind, proceed with the extraction however you see fit. If you need to search my mind to do it, by all means. Just, be careful. There are a lot of painful memories in there that I wouldn't want to burden you with," she replied. 

• Like 1

Rose was silent for several seconds. Then, she smiled- a bitter, humorless smile that made her look just about her age. 

"I'm no stranger to dark and unsightly things, Miss Storm. I can promise you nothing you've experienced can disturb me."

Taking a breath, she placed a hoof upon the astrolabe around her neck. She closed her eyes, and stilled like a statue. When she opened them again, the facade was referred and she appeared, for all intents and purposes, to be back to 100%

"Alright, let us begin!" 

Rose's eyes gained a disquieting aquamarine glow as she focused on the blue unicorn. Icy would feel a... Presense... Probe her mind, asking for entry. Once allowed through, several images would float to the surface of her mind. Friends and acquaintances, ponies she may have forgotten she ever saw, and objects of affection. Finally, the four ponies she loved the most came to light, and the longer Rose concentrated, the more vivid and detailed those images became.

Finally, in a burst of fire, Rose was replaced by Mythic Vision. She knew she was biased, having personally met the pony herself, but that should not get in the way or progress.

'Myth' smiled, unfocused eyes vaguely aimed in her direction. To add to authenticity, Rose actually blinded herself- temperarily, of course. She was fully capable of restoring her own sight at any time. 

~~~Ice Storm~~~

"You'd be surprised," Ice Storm said in respond to what Rose had said.  "To just how cruel other ponies can be. Especially the ones that once said they loved you," she finished, watching Rose tap on her amulet and she saw an aquamarine glow in her eyes. She felt a presence in her mind and she relaxed and let it in. Being alone since of the most powerful ponies in Equestria, Ice Storm knew exactly how dangerous this was. She was privy to information that almost nopony else knew about.She had to trust that Rose would only search for the information that was required for the spells to work

She was relieved that it didn't hurt as much as she was expecting, though it did feel a bit draining. If too much more was taken out she might have to wear one of hey protective garments under her dress to the party later. She might do that anyway. It's not like anypony would notice. She would soon see a flash of green fire and before she knew it, 'Myth' was standing in front of her. She smiled warmly. She knew it wasn't the real Myth, but she couldn't help but feel joy and compassion as the sight. She respected Rose for even getting the eyes right. She hoped that didn't cause her to much discomfort. Thinking to herself, she smiled and moved forward to press into a kiss with her. Same that she would if Myth had actually been standing in front of her.

Rose melted into the kiss, and refrained from indulging in certain binding impulses.

She leaned into it, tapping into the source, and graciously accepted the love that was given. She'd allow the embrace to last as long as Ice liked, and when it was over, she knew she had well enough energy to imbue in the rings.

"Thank you ~" She said, returning to her old form. Then her smile turned a touch sly, and she flicked her tail. "You're quite the kisser. Aloe just might be jealous," if she told her about this exchange.

"In any case," she clapped her hooves, and the rings floated up into the air. "Que haya luz!" The love specifically collected from Ice Storm would manifest just above the changeling's presented frog. Naturally, it took the form of a vibrant, beating pink heart, before fragmenting into four smaller hearts.

These hearts met in the center of each ring before dissolving into glittery particles, saturating the ring's in Ice Storm's love. 

"There we are!"

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice wasn't sure how long the kiss lasted, but she pulled back after a while and smiled. The flick of Rose's tail didn't go unnoticed either. When she said that Aloe while be jealous she smiled. "Well, she won't have to worry. I have no desire to take you from her. However, if you would like to play one night during our sleep study, I wouldn't be opposed. My love is true and unrelenting, but we all still like to have fun," Icy smiled as she watched the love that was gathered from her break down and forge itself into the rings that were on the counter. She was also shocked to see the diaper that she thought was to be a component was still intact. 

She watched as everything settled in and she heard Rose tell her that it was done. "Believe me when I say, there is no amount of thanks or bits that I can pay that would ever come closer to thanking you for the and how much this means to me. I can't wait to see the look on everypony's faces tonight when I do the deed." She said, putting the diaper and her rings back into her saddle bags. She stopped part way through though. Something told her that she should probably put the diaper on instead after the being put under that kind of distress. It didn't hurt at all, but she was fatigued and that's been more than enough for her body to betray her in the past.

Using a bit of her magic, she trusted her gut and taped the garment around her. "Better to be said than sorry after that kind of exertion. My body has betrayed me before. That being said, you wouldn't happen to have an illusion spell or something that I could put over this would you?" She asked. 

Rose's smile turned a touch apologetic at this final request. "I'm sorry, my expertise lies purely within the fields of medicine and augmentation... Although I should have a potion of invisibility somewhere."

It never hurts to flex, and she was feeling particularly impish in that moment, so- she popped off a simulacrum to go fetch said potion, leaving the original Rose at the counter. The clone, for all intents and purposes, appeared to manifest from thin air right beside her before getting to work, searching the shelves with determination.

"So, I should inform you that the enchantment, at this given moment, is inactive. It will activate only once the rings have been bestowed upon their new owners, binding them to the other three.  It is... Spiritual... I suppose. You will know, instinctively, when one of your loved ones are in distress. However, you will also know when they are happy, or... " Her smile grew just a little wider. "Very happy ~"

It didn't take long for the copy to find the potion, grinning triumphantly as she trotted over to present it to the unicorn. "Don't be shy about visiting me for any other odds or ends you may require. Conventional potions are not the only kinds we sell here." The copy winked.

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm watched as the pony in front of her seemed to clone herself right before her eyes. She wondered if she could learn how to do that herself, though something told her that for herself to be able to do that, that would come at a hefty price. A price that would mean that some wet sheets would be the least of her concerns. She spoke of an invisibility potion. She was going to politely decline, as there were much better uses for such a potion than hiding a diaper, but the pony had already returned with it and she didn't want to seem like she was ungrateful. "Thank you very much. If you ever need anything of me, all you need to do is ask and it's yours. I can make a lot of things happen," she said with a smile.

Ice then listened as she was told that the actual enchantments would not be active until they were to be given to the ponies that they were destined for. She also said that they would let each other feel the others emotions. Not just their fear, but their love, and happiness and happiness would all be known. She also mentioned that the conventional potions weren't the only things that they sold here. The wink told her all she needed to know. "I will keep that in mind, specifically for the non-unicorns of my herd. There are plenty of spells on that topic as well," she winked back before she started to head towards the door. "I will definitely be back myself," she smiled, flicking her tail with a light crinkle before downing the potion and disappearing from vision before making her way out the door.

~~~fine~~~

• Hearthoof 1