The Great Ball of the Full Moon (AnwirAria, OPEN)

Blueblood

A little late to the finale, one last infiltrator would slip out of the crowd of partygoers with a green flash of magic. 

Blinking a little as it had emerged, its eyes widened and quickly rushed forth to join the other Changelings, standing guard in case of any unwanted intrusions... Other than themselves, of course. Her name was Erzats, a relatively capable and unreformed drone, who wished to accompany the General on this excursion, seemingly skipping diplomatic channels for a direct audience to address concerns about their homeland. 

Making her way over to Vesper "I got... distracted, sorry for the delay." knowing it was not a valid excuse, yet it would be the one she provided, surveying the room silently. Trying not to look at their superior in case he noticed her absence in the moments following their introduction.

• Like 1

Crothor followed Blueblood's gesture towards the statues. His ears went back with a pained expression. 

"As long as it is private and General Aria joins us in the discussion. It is about her anyway." Crothor said with a calm voice and looks to Anwir, they are only a few hoof lengths away from each other, the shield kept Crothor from getting any closer. Crothor waits for Anwir's response, but when he gets nothing but her guarded look (one that he knows is fear, it makes him regret everything even more, he was misguided and grew up around violence he knows now it is wrong), he looks back to the princess. 

He notices Ezrats' return, he would have to have words with her about disappearing without warning. He hoped the few others are going to return soon with the once cocooned ponies. 

Vesper smiles at Ezrats when she appears. 

"Oh boy. You missed a bunch! You remember that one time Crothor made an enemy with a pony general after he cocooned her and the she retaliated and hurt him and gave him his limp?" Vesper rapidly asked quietly but excitably. He points to Anwir who is leaning into Blueblood and watching Crothor. "That's her!"

The Changeling known as Erzats would have a bit of a worried look on her face or just about as much as a worried look a changeling could express, offering a small smile to match Vesper's. She'd witnessed the others heading off to retrieve the captured ponies used for this little show, and realized she'd missed their cue. 

Listening as vesper spoke, keeping her eyes moving and seeking out any potential threat, the amount of ponies in the room bothered her. Idly nodding at the question the changeling next to her had posed and taking a glance over in the direction he had gestured towards. Tilting her head a little and staring for a few moments "I remember hearing about it. Think that'll.. complicate things? You seem pretty relaxed about it, she might try and pull something, maybe we should get closer."

Narrowing her eyes somewhat in the direction of this General Aria, and nervously looking over at Princess Luna and Prince Blueblood while her insectoid wings flicked at her sides.

• Like 1

Blueblood let himself be a rock and anchor for Anwir as they led the party into the palace, and up the stairs into the Civil Service wing.  The lavish royal decorations gave way to a more muted decor scheme, vibrant colors changed for various shades of brown, mostly from wood paneling.  The impression was more business-like, especially when compared to the ball outside, but still rich and important.

The epitome of this aesthetic was the desk in the Prince's office, a wide barge of a credenza all in mahogany and oak.  The workponylike impression aided by the residual clutter of his workday, papers left in his inbox and outbox, letters kept under a paperweight, pens of varying ink colors, and a framed picture of the Prince, alongside two other mares.  

With something like haste, he put the desk between the General and the Changelings, taking his own seat and indicating for his changeling guests to do the same.  "The door is shut, and soundproofed; I often hold confidential meetings here, so you may speak what secrets you have now."

• Hearthoof 1

Luna agreed with Blueblood that perhaps he would be best to handle as she would bring up the rear of the group. Looking around however, she would notice there where now six changelings as she began to wonder just how many where currently in Equestria.

Following, Luna was honest surprised by the Civil wing of the castle, for it was one place she rarely ventured. Entering Bluebloods office, she'd lower the shield and stand in a corner, out of the way, as she would let her nephew do his job.

"I believe we are all present. Please continue." Being a mare of action more then discussion, she smiled at changelings knowing that Blueblood had this under control. Luna had made great strides with her temper...though her impulsiveness still remained, and was not something needed in a negation. "General Crothor, what is this news?" As Luna would turn to face the gardens as she kept an eye on the stone prison of their former queen.

• Like 1

Vesper was about to agree when they had started to move and the other changelings had returned with confused ponies. 

Crothor had signaled them to come with so Vesper basically dragged Ezrats in an excitable jog. The others followed along. Vesper closed on Crothor's left flank. Vesper looked to Ezrats. 

"You see the pony General's limp? Crothor gave her that in return for his own. She may not look it but she is scared, I know it." Vesper said quietly to Ezrats. Vesper knows Ezrats wasn't there during their little scouting days so Vesper will explain as much as possible. 

As they enter the office, Anwir is hurriedly but gently pushed behind the large desk and Blueblood sits beside her as he gestures to the changelings. 

She tenses up again when the shield is released. Crothor immediately catches it. 

Crothor nods thanks to Blueblood for his consideration. He looks to Luna who is looking outside. At what, he doesn't know, he's situated where he can't see. 

"The presence we found directly connected to you, General Aria. This has also brought about something no pony can ignore." Crothor says with a seriousness. "The presence has had its clutches on places before but had disappeared some odd years after you, Princess Luna, were...transformed. We have heard folk tales and the like of the presence being the reason behind your transformation and other's corruption, in fact we heard one take about it causing the war between Alicorns."

Anwir looks at Crothor with a confused look. 

For the first time she spoke to the changeling. "In what way does this connect with me?" Anwir says in a guarded, quiet tone. Her eyes are filled with fear and confusion, but with her guarded expression not many can tell. 

Crothor sighs and reaches into a small, discreet saddlebag. He pulls out an old tapestry, like one you'd see in the castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. 

"We believe that your ancestors and family members are apart of that presence, specifically the Arias." Crothor says and points to a small crest, Anwir's eyes widened a fraction, that looked similar to her father's cutie mark. She does not say anything, she just looks at the tapestry. 

Erzats would fall in line after Crothor and Vesper, watching the ponies ahead of them and looking over her shoulder at the Alicorn princess who chose to bring up the rear. Likely giving the Alicorn mare a bit of a glare, some attempt at being intimidating, she'd suppose.

Before seemingly losing her interest in the Alicorn behind them, listening on to Vesper as he explained.. looking between the pony general and her comrade. She'd chuckle "Of course she's scared, you don't think I could tell? Ponies frighten easy, it makes them unpredictable."

She'd take note of the regal construction and decor featuring this castle's halls, feeling a sense of disgust welling in her stomach.. the amount of resources and funds poured into this place must've been massive. Erzats tried to keep her head on a swivel, they could be leading them into a trap for all she knew. Eventually, they made their way into Blueblood's office, Erzats decided to remain standing and simply listening as everyone spoke. 

(Sorry on the delay for this I'm at work rn)

• Like 1

Vesper smiles and shakes his head. 

"While with normal ponies yes, but with her she's more predictable, she freezes up and stops talking. Same thing happened when we first caught her. She's obviously had bad things happen to her to condition her to that reaction." Vesper says to Ezrats quietly. Vesper may get over-excited a lot, but it knows what it's talking about. 

Crothor listened in but didn't say anything, he continued the small talk to the office. 

(You're all good!) 

Blueblood's examining eye alighted on Erzats while Crothor spoke, for reasons he couldn't quite explain.  Maybe it was the look of disgust he briefly caught, or else she was the only one who seemed angry or hostile.  Their leader, on the other hoof, was practically apologetic, which counted for something, he supposed.

And it was a real and serious matter the changeling had to say, as well as being a delicate one.  "I see..."  Blueblood nodded, slowly, "I see at least why you felt public channels were not the most appropriate to approach us from..."  Seemingly idly, his magic picked up a pen, tapping it on the stack of papers in his inbox.

"However... I'm not sure how serious that really is.  The Nightmare corruption is, to say the least, a known issue with a known correction.  It's even popped up more recently, with an infection of Lady Rarity herself before being once more expunged.  Other than a particular attention paid to the mental and emotional health of the powerful and vulnerable, there's really not much more in the way of caution necessary.  Certainly nothing that would call for emergency measures or..."  He waved a hoof outside, as if to indicate most of the replacement operation of the changelings, "Shall we say, policies of expediency?"

• Like 1

Crothor sighed, he needed to explain more.

"We believe that this presence makes them vulnerable somehow. To make it to where the pony or creature becomes infected." Crothor says with a serious tone. He needed them to see the severity of the situation. 

"I will tell you who we suspect as the presence." Crothor says after a moment. "We believe, General Aria, that it is your father-"

"That's not possible, he's in prison." Anwir wanted to believe he hasn't been let out. Her voice was starting to tremble. She forgot how scared she was of her fath-no- Bedlam. "He has been for years, I should know with the way he kept sending me letters. Hoping for me to use my status to release him."

Crothor sighs, and looks to Anwir, he knows she wants to believe that. 

"The Aria family, General, your family was once known as one of the most powerful unicorn families to exist. I'm sure your father-" Crothor stops when Anwir looks up at him with what he perceives as anguish. When she doesn't speak he continues. "Your father has told you stories of your ancestors. Did he say anything about these transformations?"

Anwir drew in a breath trying to keep her crumbling walls up, she was told stories but they were twisted by her father to seem like a glorious truth. 

"... Bedlam..." She stops for a moment as her voice trembles, she hates bringing up her father, she knows at least Luna might have heard of him. He was put in prison when she was young, but at this point he may have been released, she just wishes he isn't. "He never told me truthful stories. Just ones he twisted into making young ponies believe our family were saviors. He never mentioned transformations."

Erzats would nod in acknowledgement to Vesper, eyeing their surroundings. The look on her face reflected thoughts flowing through her mind, yet she would keep pace with her fellows throughout the walk to the office. 

Possibly catching the look the Prince had given her the mare would blink, then stepping forward towards the desk between the groups. "Such proper channels waste time.. let issues fester and grow into bigger problems. The faster this is resolved the better, Pony." Speaking rather out of turn towards the Prince given his critique of their methods. 

A little hotheaded, but she couldn't help herself for the moment, letting a personal thought out wouldn't be the end of the world, right? Surely not.. not to a foreign official, nah.

• Like 1

Crothor's ears go back in irritation. He looks at Ezrats, one of the younger changelings. 

"Silence Ezrats, you do not get to judge them for their systems that they use!" Crothor said, they were here to bring them news of great importance, not to berate them. 

Crothor looks to Vesper and nods to the door. Vesper nods and drags Ezrats out of the room. 

"What in the heavens are you doing Ezrats?" Vesper says, his excitable energy now replaced with seriousness, "You know this is important, we need these ponies on our side!"

Luna sighed and lowered her head. This was not the news she needed to hear. Though Luna started to forgive herself for her time as Nightmare Moon, time had not healed all.

Turning to face the group, Luna had almost gone pale. "Having dealt with this form of corruption myself, I fear that something must be done in the Badlands. Harmony must be restored as it is the only way to prevent its spread." The alicorn looked to Blueblood with shame in her eyes. A feeling felt her that she had not felt since before the tantabus. Guilt.

"The presence feeds on insecurity...jealousy...greed...mistrust...the need for power. It whispers suggestions, ideas... It can be fought only by those strong willed enough. Somepony who is true of heart and free of vices that it can use to influence."  

"Though the ideas...spells...and....In the end the actions that where Nightmare Moon where actions of my own choosing. I chose to accept the transformation spell. I chose to cast it...and when everything was said and done, I chose to attack my own sister out of rage and jealousy." Luna looked to Blueblood and the Generals. a tear running down her eye. "If you all would excuse me...I have a grand ball to host," she'd say as an excuse to leave the room. "We shall reconviene in the ballroom. I believe the changeling general owes me a dance as well," as she tried to change the subject on the way out the door.

• Like 1

Anwir looked to Luna with guilt. It was her family who brought out her jealousy. Even though she may have accepted the spell, Anwir's family gave her the idea. Even if through thought. 

Crothor looked away from the princess, he knows that this news distraught her and the general. He stands up and bows as much as he can with his limp towards all three of the ponies. 

"I'm sorry to bring up bad memories, for the both of you, Princess, General. It was not my intention to scare you. I was just hoping to bring it to light." He says. "Thank you for the audience."

Crothor then turns and starts to leave. 

As Crothor and his changelings leave, Anwir let's out a breath, she's panicking. Of course Bedlam ended up being let out. She doesn't cry, she refuses to after showing fear already. She just needs to make it through to Sunrise and then she can hide in her home and let it out. 

She doesn't look to Luna because if she does, she'll cry. She'll feel guilty and she never told Luna her family may have been apart of her transforming. 

Anwir stays sitting as she tries to collect herself. She's the guest of honor, she has to be out there with the princess who gave her the title.

She can't break anymore. 

Crothor gave Blueblood a lot to take in, even just from the information standpoint.  When combined with the emotional weight that was coming to bear upon both general Anwir and his Auntie... well, he was beginning to feel a little stressed, especially as he'd not considered that he'd be dealing with anything so serious on a ball night.  Thus, he was almost relieved that Erzats gave him an opportunity to vent his spleen a little.  "Even worse decisions have been made in haste.  In situations like this, it is best to give everypony time to calm down, hence the procedures."

Calm, yes, everypony needed to be calm, think, not escalate their emotions... Taking a breath to control his own urge to hyperventilate, he reached out a hoof to keep his auntie from leaving.  "I think... you're not in quite the right mind to properly host right now.  I don't think any of us are.  The party can wait for a bit, Auntie, just..."  Not for the first time, he mourned the lack of wings he could use to hug Luna, settling for a nuzzle as he guided her back to her general's side.  "I think you two need each other right now."  He whispered in a low tone, to the both of them.

• Like 1

Anwir didn't look up when Blueblood guided his Aunt back over. She was too busy letting her mind unravel and not letting it show. Not that she's doing a good job from how Blueblood looked at her. She may be taller than him, but with how she's hunched over, she seems incredibly small. 

She can feel Blueblood's worry but she couldn't bring herself to care in that moment. She was frozen, her father was out there, her townspeople were right about her family, she's apart of that twisted legacy. Oh, for Celestia's sake! 

Luna turned as her nephew grabbed her hoof, looking at him with tears in her eyes. Her wings would extend out to hug both Blueblood and Anwir. She'd lower her in shame and rest it upon Blueblood's sholders. After all those years...perhaps she just needed a good cry. After a few moments, she'd raise her head to look at Anwir. "Tis not your fault," she'd say between sniffles. "Thou art not responsible for the deeds committed by thy ancestors, for you did not influence me to become Nightmare Moon."

She looked over to the changelings, the whites of her eyes now red from crying. "I hope this dose not diminish thy view of ponykind, for it take someone much stronger to let thy emotions out then to bottle them up."

• Like 1

Crothor smiled and shook his head. 

"I am actually proud to say, my viewpoint was strengthened by this, please do not allow us to hold you back. We shall take our leave, we have said what we need to." Crothor continues towards the door. 

Anwir looks to Luna, Anwir's eyes were shining with unshed tears. 

"I should have told you my bloodline. I should have let you know before you chose me as head general..." Her voice cracked as she talked quietly. "I didn't think that the life I left behind would come back to haunt me... I know how foolish a thought it is, but I decided to believe it."

She was scared truthfully, her father was out of prison, her ancestors' true identities were revealed. She felt as though her perfectly constructed wall that kept her family memories away had just crumbled and fell on her in the process. 

As she was dragged out the changeling would've let out a huff "You can't be serious- hey! Hooves off, Vesper." She'd demand, although her venture out of the room was a definite affair and he'd have no issue moving the rather lithe changeling out of the room.

I'm sure she'd get a stern talking to, yet she'd leave with the others without issue, choosing not to argue if she was really in the wrong with the General or her subordinates, however many changeling were moving along with them still or if the others had moved out already.

(I think I might've bitten off a little more than I could chew, was expecting to have another day off so I'm sorry about the long waits in-between these posts)

• Like 1

Vesper just drags Ezrats along, of course she would immediately start another commotion. If she was there on time Vesper would have let her try and duel the unicorn prince. 

Vesper asmusedly wonders how that would have went. 

"We need their help more than ever Ezrats! You could have ruined our chance at getting it!" Vesper says as they end up making out side before Crothor and the others. 

Vesper knew Ezrats probably didn't think her words through and definitely didn't realize how serious the situation was at that point. 

(You're all good! 😁

She would hiss to herself, shaking her head "If they won't willingly offer their assistance, you know just as well as I that our kind can do things that could incentivise them to be more cooperative.. Yet- I shouldn't have been so hasty. This palace just makes me nervous." She'd gesture around them, nowhere specific. 

Certainly Erzats wasn't thinking too well with her actions, yet the changeling would begin to calm down, pacing back and forth "Everything's so fancy here, these ponies have too much that they don't need, and what do they do with it? Agh I should've stayed back." She'd mumble a little bit, sighing. 

I'm sure such a duel would've ended in Erzats being a little worse for wear, seeing as the Unicorn has the range advantage with that horn of his. Though she wouldn't be that foolish to choose that kind of a fight.. maybe.

• Like 1

"I under stand that but they do use it, it's just not as much as they should. And they ended up agreeing g to help in some way.Princess Luna was going to try and see if Cloudsdale can bring us rain! Maybe that will help the plants." Vesper watched Ezrats pace. "I'm glad you came with..."

He looked around to realize they were in the garden of statues... He saw his once Queen's statue near the middle. His ears go back. 

"E-Ezrats we sh-should probably ret-turn to C-Crothor now...."

The Changeling mare would scrunch her snout, shaking her head "Eh I suppose you have a point.. I wonder if those clouds would even make it from there, how far away even is Cloudsdale? I've only seen Canterlot and.. Ponyville, I believe." She'd racked her mind for a few moments, sighing and looking off wistfully, putting a hoof against the side of her face, rubbing at one of her eyes. 

With the shift in Vesper's tone, the mare would tilt her head.. looking around for a reason for his sudden reluctance she'd spot it, the stone visage of their Queen. Erzats would blink.. bowing slightly and lowering her head "Oh.. My Queen. It's-" she'd pause, staring up at the statue. Letting out yet another long sigh before nodding "Yeah.. we should regroup." Turning away and following after Vesper to the others. 

Her feelings on Chrysalis's rumored stone imprisonment were.. complicated, but this is the first time she bore witness to what's become of her. 

• Like 1

Vesper was shaken the entire way back to Crothor. Vesper had been loyal to her, of course. But only because if he wasn't, he'd die. And with the spell that the once queen used, it caused all her subjects to be compelled to her orders. 

Vesper still felt the small pressure in his head, but it's definitely better that when she was still their queen. He was happy she's gone... But he knows others aren't. He isn't sure what Ezrats feels about her but he didn't need to know. 

"Hey, where were you at earlier anyway?" Vesper asked to lighten the heavy silence in between them. 

Erzats wouldn't be too shaken up during their walk, just quiet.. she'd rather not try and explain her feelings on the matter. The mare felt obligated to keep it to herself, so many were so happy she was gone.. even if everything felt so aimless. 

She'd take a moment to even register his question, saying "I was.. talking to the other ponies there, not far. Just making conversation, nothing too important."

• Like 1