The Great Ball of the Full Moon (AnwirAria, OPEN)

Blueblood

The Duke snorted.  "Geopolitics..."  He muttered the word like a curse, but at least the rancor wasn't directed at Vesper.  It seemed the changeling's flattery had at least done enough to diffuse any personal animosity.  Still, he didn't seem especially well-disposed to the situation in general as he went for another dip into the punch.  "If that's all, then.  I'm not going to dance with you if you were planning to ask."

~~

In the meantime, the Waltz had come to an end, leaving Star Crusader and Anwir near Midnight and Erzats.  "A lovely time, general.  Are you in the need for some refreshments?  I for one could use a bite and drink."

• Like 1

Crothor smiled as Ezrats joined the guard to dance. The changeling general would choose to sit down at this time, he started to admire the celestial craftsmanship of the night princess. 

He wonders how long it took her to perfect the constellations many ponies use as a guide. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Vesper nods in understanding, immediately shooting down the question he was going to ask the Duke. 

"Of course, enjoy the rest of the ball."

Vesper would move off the the other refreshments and snacks, just to look. 

----------------------------------------

"A drink would be nice, thank you. But, um, I would stay away from the punch. From the look of the Duke, " she says nodding towards his direction where he and Vesper were, "it seems to have been spiked."

Anwir notices the Lunar Lieutenant going to dance with Ezrats, one of the younger changelings. She believes Ezrats was the one who had mouthed off earlier. Anwir understood that sometimes words in your head come out of your mouth by accident. It's happened plenty of times to herself when she was younger. 

But her father- no Bedlam... forced that out of her in a sense. She mentally shook the thoughts and memories away of him. Her ever present sadness in her eyes becomes more prominent and it seems to leak into the air enough that some of the other guests start to notice and move away from her to avoid it. 

She would chuckle "It's a skill. With enough grace I think it could count as a dance?" The Changeling would look at his hoof as it touched hers. Erzats would smile "I've seen so many before; but only recently put what I've observed to use. No worries about the hooves, I'm liable to trip over myself anyways, balance is.. tricky." 

The changeling would note the discolor on his face, wondering to herself.. Though, she'd move along as they began, resting one of her hooves along his waist, watching her steps to make sure she didn't make a mistake right at the beginning. 

• Like 2

Midnight would smile as he and Erzats would dance. His blush would grow as she put a hoof on his waist. It was the distraction he needed to keep his mind off the dance steps. When it finished, he'd bow to her. "Thank you for the dance Erzats. It was a pleasure. I'll let you get back to your business, unless you would like another dance? Or refreshments? We did finish by the snack table after all." he'd laugh.

Meanwhile, Luna would finish mingling with most of the dignitaries as she herself would make her way to the snack table. She'd levitate an oatmeal raisin cookie and eat it rather sneakily. She'd give the general a nod. "Seems new friendships, or at least acquaintances are being made tonight. One can never have too many allies, am I correct?"

Seeing Star Crusader nearby, Luna would walk over. "Captain, may I have the next dance? I do hope your husband dose not mind. I'm sure he will get a kick out of the song that I've chosen," she'd say with a wink. She'd levitate a piece of sheet music to Maestro who would take a deep breath, sigh, then nod to the princess. "If you are ready Captain?" Luna would look to her nephew with grin, waiting to see his reaction....

Song for Third Dance

Midnight would look to Anwir. "May I General?" He'd offer a hoof to her as the song began.

• Like 1

"Yes. But I beleive Alliances can be broken. Hopefully with time it becomes a friendship." Anwir says with a small smile. She watches her go to ask the captain as the lunar Lieutenant comes over to ask her for a dance. 

"Of course." Anwir says as she lifts her injured hoof to his outstretched one. 

Blueblood was, of course, more than happy to let his wife have a turn with the Princess.  As the first notes of the music played out, though, he blinked, looking at the band, who seemed more bemused by the request than anything.  *Disco, Auntie?  Really?*  He was... not angry, just disappointed.

Star, for her part, had her expression as plain and stoic as ever.  But her body?  That was telling a different story.  She had little in the way of grace, but she had rhythm, and power in her steps.  Without the demands of a ballroom dance, she could go all out in this style, which she did, completely without any sense of shame or embarrassment.  "Ready?  I was born and trained for nights on cold mountains facing Tartarus!"  

• Like 1

Luna looked to Blueblood with a smirk. The song itself was a classic, but with a more...upbeat tempo anypony could move to it. The added background notes where from a time of music she missed during her exile. The beat let her be herself, not having to stick to a traditional dance. The alicorn would mirror Star Crusader's movements for the most part during the song.

Midnight would accept the general's hoof and dance with her, mainly moving to the beat. The non traditional beat he felt would make it easier for somepony to dance with an injury.

• Like 1

Anwir was greatful for the princess choosing a rather easy song to dance to. She could feel the joits in her injured leg starting to ache. 

She is glad that after the little skirmish with the changelings everything evened out. The cutting of the cake most likely will be soon. Anwir is sure that Princess Luna will most likely cut it before Celestia stirs from her slumber. Anwir knows well of the eldest princess' love for the dessert. 

She continues to dance to the beat with the lieutenant. 

The Changeling mare would have stumbled through the dance well enough, holding onto the Night Guard as she moved along with him, she had.. Some thoughts on being this close to somepony lingered in her mind, and her eyes seemed fixated on Midnight.

Though as their dance came to a close Erzats would bow after the Night Guard had done so himself, she'd offer a warm smile, showing off those fangs of hers and offering up some words; "No, thank you Midnight. I er.. Needed a little distraction, but I'm afraid I must head out so I can't steal you for another. This was fun though, perhaps we could meet again sometime?" 

• Like 1

For a little bit, Blueblood would just stand aside and stare at his wife, admiring her dance.  Sure, it wasn't the epitome of Canterlotian grace, but it had something else, something he realized a few years ago that he craved in a mare.  The spirit of the Valkyrie, the flying warrior powerful enough to swoop him up and have her way with him... and yet, in her heart, as loving and caring to any she would wrap in her wings.  The air of love and affection would have been visible (and rather tasty) to any changelings hanging about, or any other being sensitive to emotional auras.

Once she was finished with her dance from the princess, sweating slightly at the effort but inwardly euphoric at the exercise, Star Crusader would welcome her husband with a wing hug, before turning to the rest of the party.  "It is good to see my Prince's efforts with hosting and diplomacy have turned out so well; I had been worried for a moment that he would need to use my expertise.  Things rarely turn out for the best when that is necessary."

"Indeed."  Blueblood nodded, and smiled to the General and Erzats.  "I hear you are leaving now?  I do hope you can stay for the last dance, it is a reel, so the entire floor will be dancing one big group dance."  He nodded towards the dancing grounds, where already noble and commoner guests alike were gathering into two rows.  The band was warming up, as was Star's smile as she accompanied Blueblood to the foot of one of the lines.  There was a thrumming of strings, as a jig-like tune began to start up.  Everypony would be joining the dance, including a certain solar Princess who got up early to dance with her little sister before Sunrise...

Spoiler

• Like 1

General Crothor nods. 

"I believe another dance won't hurt. Vesper? Ezrats?" He wanted to make sure they too were fine with it. 

Vesper nods energetically, his hyper energy coming back. 

When the disco song comes to a close, Anwir nods to the Lieutenant in thanks. 

"Thank you, for the dance. I enjoyed it." Anwir says. 

She sees that the band are preparing to play the last song of the evening where Celestia joins them. She knows after the song, Luna will lower the moon and Celestia will raise the sun. Anwir knows that she is the guest of honor, and from what Celestia told her, she will be standing by them as they do so. After  that every pony will head off to their respective homes. At least, she believes they do. She never got the chance to stay the entire time during a ball. 

Midnight would bow to the general as the dance finished. The disco beat was fun, but he did have one last task at hoof. He'd fly over to the Changeling General and Erzats. "Sorry I got pulled away for a moment, but I'd love to hang out next time your in Canterlot. Perhaps I can give you a tour of 'Old Canterlot?' It's where a lot of us thestrals live in the shadows of the castle and mountain the more modern city is built on." He'd give her a smile then nod to her general. "I um...really enjoyed our dance tonight. I felt...um..." he'd blush as he gave her a hug, expecting ether a return or a hoof to the face. "I know changelings mimic others to feed on love, but I think I may have experienced love at first site with the real you..." His heart was beating a mile a minute. Of all the creatures he could have developed feelings for, it was an unreformed changeling, and he was hugging her in front of both of their bosses.

"I would like to thank every creature whom came out on this beautiful evening. It was so wonderful to see so many faces enjoy the light of a full moon, as well as honor our dear General Anwir. Please join us as we follow Prince Blueblood and Captain Star Crusader in the final dance. Then we shall end the evening with Cake and the lowering of the moon and raising of the sun." "Did somepony say cake?" Celestia would say as she emerged onto the dancefloor. "Leave it to the mention of cake for you to make yourself known sister," Luna would jest. Celestia would smile at her sister. "I would not dream of missing out on the final dance of the ball with my younger sister."

Celestia would take her place to the right of Luna where as Luna would motion for the General to take the spot on her left as the dance would begin. The lively jig brought back memories of the long ago balls that would be held at the Castle of the Two Sisters.

As the song ended, Luna and Celestia would make their way over to the large tiered cake. Luna's horn would glow as she cut the cake's different layers. Each one a different flavor. "General, as the guest of honor, which layer would you like your piece from? Red Velvet, yellow, or chocolate?"

• Like 1

Anwir would bow to Celestia then join Luna on her left. Anwir goes with the music, she happens to know this one by heart. Her hometown did it when she was younger. It was the song that played and she sang that caused her cutie mark to appear... 

+++

She looked to the cake and then to Luna. 

"I believe I will take chocolate if that is fine." Anwir says. She says it quietly. 

Her attention would shift towards the Prince, she'd tilt her head and let out a small sigh, shifting around where she stood. 
The offer was tempting, though the mare was beginning to grow tired. "No I- Ah, I'd suppose I could stay for a little longer. But, the other princess is here too? Seems a little strange, all of the important creatures to the nation in one place." An odd thought, though she was sure the celebration made the temporary risk worth it. 

She'd go along with their festivities for now, it wouldn't last all night so what's the harm? Erzats would flash a smile as Midnight approached once more, shaking her head "No worries, I promise." A tired look in her eyes as she'd blink, listening to his offer and smirking a little, she wouldn't mind a tour at all. Though as he stepped forth and hugged her the Changeling would stiffen up suddenly as if in shock, she'd remain still for a moment, a brief shudder running through her body as the mare would gently rest one of her hooves around him. 

Erzats would feel so strange where she stood, she was enjoying this don't get me wrong, though the show of affection, the stallion's sweet words? She didn't know what to think. The Changeling would lean into the hug a little more, before releasing the Thestral and raising her head, chuckling "You really think so? I- I'm.. Look, you tell me whenever you'd like to give me that tour, huh? It's been a long night, but I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Midnight." She tried to act cool, mind racing with the uncertainty of what she should say, or even do! Realizing that her own General and the Pony's own could've witnessed this made the situation worse.

• Like 1

The reel, as it usually did, brought the whole party together.  There was magic in the dance, as there was in all dances, a celebration of life and community in the literal darkest hour before the dawn.  That they had all been joined by changelings was significant, in its way, though Blueblood himself couldn't say that he knew how much.

"I'll take red velvet, Auntie."  "Yellow for me."  The Prince and his wife took their cake, bowing to the Princesses, and then to the general.  "It was good to spend some time with you, Anwir.  May we meet again, in less... frantic occasions.  And same with our new friends."  He gave them smiles, seeing Erzats and Midnight getting along quite well.  Perhaps something might come of that, perhaps not... but in either case, he wanted a little time with Star, alone together to watch the sunrise...

• Like 2