A Party For Techno!

Techno Tealeaf

Techno couldn't help but smile as she set out the cake, some cookies, soda, and other snacks on the table in the dance club under her shop. She had made sure the new turntable was in working order with plenty of records for scratching. Satisfied with the layout of the snack bar and the condition of the turntable she trotted back upstairs to her shop and taped a sign on the door letting everypony know that the shop was closed for the day and directions for the guests down to the club where the party would be held.

With everything set up Techno waited excitedly for her guests to arrive. She hopped everything would be as great as she imagined, after all this was her first party in Ponyville and the first birthday she'd actually celebrated in a while. She'd even gone to the spa and had her hooves and horn done, she wanted to make a good impression on her guests.

She couldn't help but pace the room as she waited, it was apparent that the normally shy pony was excited.

Hoss and Shanna both touched down at the door indicated on the invitation. They had stopped in a number of times for spcial blends of tea for their trips, and now was a good chance to repay the favor.

A final check of their appearance, and Hoss politely knocked on the door...

A knock at her door caused Techno to piratically jump for joy. "Ok Techno calm down it's just your guests, you're a big pony now. No need to get excited." With a spring in her step and a smile on her face she excitedly opened the door. She ushered her guests inside with a friendly wave of her hoof.

"Welcome! Please come inside and make yourselves at home, there are drinks and snacks downstairs if you're hungry." She smiled at the two younger ponies and pointed to the cellar like door that lead to the dance club under the shop. "Help yourselves to anything you'd like. Oh but please wait for cake, that's for when everypony gets here."

The twins walked inside, enjoying the wonderful smells of the shop, each carrying a small box between their wings. "Thank you Techno Tealeaf! Happy Foalday!" they chorused and eagerly went downstairs.

Hoss and Shanna looked around the room as they entered, then Shanna pointed at an empty table "That must be for the gifts."

Shanna looked back over her shoulder and grabbed her gift by the white ribbons and set it on the table, followed moments later by Hoss, both boxes were blue and spangled in silvery stars.

They got only a modest amount of cookies and soda to tide them over until the party started in earnest...

Survey , nervous as ever was looking down at the invitation, wondering why he was even invited, as he was usually trying to avoid parties like this. He looked back at a small saddlebag, dangling on his back. He got her a big, shiny Rubix Cube from his own personal stash, however not being sure if she would like it. He just hoped that it was a nice little gift she would appreciate. He just felt a bit awkward about giving her a gift like that, as it was a little bit dorky to give that to anypony.

He slowly knocked on the door, standing there with a obviously faked grin and shaking in his spot, waiting for anypony to open the door, letting him in.

Hearing another knock at the door Techno dashed to the door. She saw a clearly nervous pony on her door step. She smiled warmly and hugged the pony before inviting the pony inside. "Welcome! I'm so glad you could make it, come on in and make yourself at home. There's snacks and drinks downstairs if you'd like some." She pointed with her horn to the staircase that lead down to the dance floor downstairs. "Just relax and have fun ok?" She patted the pony on the back to reassure him.

Vinyl Scratch was hurrying through the streets of canterlot, her gear floating next to her as she made her way quickly through Ponyville. She was still feeling a little dazed, given she'd only woken up a little while ago!

She'd just gotten off of the pegacoach and was here to both attend a party as a guest and to perhaps lend a little sound or two should the party need it, which she pretty much figured it just might if it went on for long enough!

She almost crashed into a landing pegasus...who looked oddly familiar in her light grey pelt and her scruffy blonde hair - the DJ pony just about stepping out of the way of the natural disaster as she rounded the next corner...making sure that her gear wasn't getting bumped, bashed, bruised or stolen - any of that would NOT make her day one iota!

" Come on, Vinyl!!! " she mutters to herself as she looks around for the doors hurriedly, finding the one that she had been notified of by her friend, techno. This was meant to be tonights small shindig for friends and suchlike, and she had no intention on letting a friend down...she prided herself on being a tad smarter than that.

Knocking on it confidently, she let her regular grin replace the small moment of worry she'd carried for a moment there.

Now wasn't a time to worry...it was a time to party, and that was just what the Pony with the electric-sea mane planned on!

Techno trotted back over to the door and opened it, to her surprise her friend Vinyl Scratch was the one darkening her doorway now. Techno couldn't help but brighten her smile as she excitedly greeted her friend.

"Scratch you made it! I hope the place wasn't too difficult for you to find."

She looked past Scratch and at the equipment sitting behind her. "Do you need help getting set up? It looks like you brought a lot with you."

The twins were relaxing as they sipped their sodas, waiting for more guests.

Just then a pale green unicorn came down the steps. the twins stood up, with shanna waving "Hello Survey! How are you doing?"

Hoss heard more noise at the street entrance and clopped up to look "Oh! It looks like somepony else is here! It's.. it's Dj-Pon3!"

He bounced on his hooves several times, then went up the steps "Does anypony need help with the equipment?"

Shanna clooped over to the bottom of the stairs "Yes, let me know if I need to help too."

She smiles as she looks at the crowd, holding up a hoof at all of the generous offers of help - they seemed to be forgetting something, and she made the point to bring that to their attention as she sets the equipment up on an unused area downstairs with magic.

" Hey, it's all cool - Remember, Unicorn! " she says, tapping her horn lightly with a hoof, before turning to see everypony in the room and exhaling an excited breath. She honestly loved birthday parties, especially if she was celebrating with friends - and that was in fact something she wanted to make sure she brought up with the birthday girl herself before even starting anything up...after all, the party girl deserved first dibs on choices!

" Okay, miss Techno! " the white unicorn says as she approaches the party holder, giving a small Playful wink over the edges of her glasses.

" Grab me some musics, an' we can start raisin' the party to critical mass...I know ya gotta have SOMETHIN' for all of us t'jam to, an' I'd be pretty interested to see jus' what our birthday mare wants t'hear on her MOST important day! "

There was no denying that there was a hint of electricity in the air, but Vinyl wasn't going to rest until that electrical spark had converted itself into an all out dynamo of Mind-blowing awesomeness. This was the task ordained on her for the evening, and thus that would be her aim to follow...

T'was gonna be one hell of a party, one way or the other!

Survey noticed the familiar mare, and blushed slightly. She was quite nice to him at the race, though they only met at the finish line. He was sort of happy to see a familiar face, even though it was a mare, wich made him stutter and get nervous, it was better than doing nothing. He walked over to Shanna.. and noticed that she was with a other mare, similiar to her. He got a bit more nervous wich, didn't really help. As she saw the other walk away, he neared the other mare slowly, blushing even more. ''u-uhm.. h-hey!.. he said, as Shanna left too. He sighed and sat down on his flank.

Techno clapped her hooves together excitedly. "I have just the song to get this party started!" She then scooted closer and whispered into Scratch's ear. "Well a song to get the party going while the little ones are here anyway, once the young 'ins head home I'm sure you can whip up something a little more mature." She nodded in the direction of the younger ponies as she whispered to Scratch.

She then excused herself and trotted up the stairs to the loft above the shop. After a few minuets she returned with a record floating beside her. "Here you go Madame Scratch, a fresh record ready for you to love on." She winked at Scratch as she handed over the record.

Hoss neighed and smiled at the awesome spectacle of the equipement floating down the steps and exactly into place. "Cool!"

When Shanna saw she would not be needed to help with the equipment, she trotted back over to Survey. "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you followed along. How have you been since the race?"

She looked over at Hoss, then back at Survey as she waved her brother over with a black-banded wingtip.

As her twin trotted over, she asked the shy unicorn "Have you met my brother, Hoss? Oh and this is Survey, one of the racers, bro."

The stallion waved a wingtip "Hello, I think I saw you from above before I had to help rescue ponies. you have a very unique shade of green there."

Vinyl takes the record in a telekinetic grip, giving a small grin as she looks at the title...[

] " Niiice! "

She approved wholeheartedly with the choice, as it was only the start of the party and there was no need to start out too intense...there was plenty of time to start getting the partypoppin' goin' on after all. No, This track would most certainly do for right now!

" Alriiight, this is perfect! " She says, giving her coy grin as she floated the disc onto the plate, letting the needle fall softly onto the outer edge...the soft crackle of the record filling the air a moment before the melody of the track kicks in more. Vinyl pauses for a few seconds, getting into the beat of the song as she bobs her head a little, the DJ's well-known grin lighting up her muzzle as she looked over at Techno approvingly.

" Yup - I think we got this... " She says, trotting out from behind the decks and heading over to the other ponies with a satisfied chuckle.

" Now, lemme at somethin' to eat - I'm feelin' in the mood for somethin' sweet! "

Techno grinned as her friend wandered over to the buffet of snacks and drinks she had set out. She made notes in her head about which pony liked what food for future events. Just as she was about to join her friends and grab some food herself she noticed a pony sitting at the top of the staircase. Her coat was a light grey and her mane and tail were a golden blonde. In her mouth was a medium sized box wrapped in purple paper and orange ribbon. The new mare waved excitedly down to Techno before speaking.

"Hi! I herb it wash your birbday, I brof a gif!" Her speech was slightly garbled by the gift in her mouth. She glided down the stairs and dropped the gift gently onto the table next to the others before landing next to Techno and giving her a very friendly hug. She smiled sweetly at Techno before making her way over to the snack table.

Techno blinked a few times in confusion, she knew she had seen this pony before but she couldn't quite remember where. She shrugged it off though, it was obvious the grey mare knew her and she seemed friendly enough. She made her way to the snacks and looked around at everypony making sure everything was ok. "Is there anything I've forgotten? If anypony needs anything just say so and I'll get it for you."

(Sorry for the delay, I thought it was RoyalDice's turn... :sleep: I'll have to think of how to pose this since my characters are set up for responses from Survey. )

As the twins were awaiting a response from survey, some more ponies showed up and the music started.

Just then, the foalday filly, Techno came over and asked if anypony needed anything.

Hoss smiled "I'm fine, thanks." while Shanna shook her mane "I'm good, how about you Survey? Wanna Dance?"

(( I'm so sorry i couldn't do it earlier! >,< ))

Survey, still slightly flustered by the fact they were twins that the only thing he did was mumble something inaudiable. As he heard the sudden question he shook his head, wich quickly changed into a nod. ''U-uuh.. y-yes! S-sure!.. '' he said, with a nervous grin. He was a complete wreck when it came to dancing, but tonight he wanted to try to be more social.. well, atleast more than he usually tries.

Vinyl took a moment to gaze around at the snacks - a wide selection of cupcakes, sandwiches, salads and drinks to which she helps herself to a couple of pink cupcakes, a pair of sandwiches along with a drink, taking it on a tray with a telekinetic grip and setting it down nearby so she can get to it by the Equipment. She trots over to Techno with a small smirk as she swung her tail with a carefree smile...she always enjoyed a good party, and was quite intent on just hanging out with these other ponies for the time being. She didn't often get the chance to just enjoy a party like this - small yet entirely adequate to have a truly awesome time.

" Heh, nice little spread ya got there! " she says with a nod, glancing over at the crowd slowly gathering by the Snack table and on the dancefloor.

" Happy Birthday, Miss - nice to see everypony with a smile on their muzzle at least.. .let's have 'em stick for the whole evening! "

Vinyl took a brief note of the newest arrival - it had been the pegasus she nearly ran into when she arrived...still, no hard feelings - she seemed like a nice enough gal and if there was anything Vinyl prided herself on, it was a good party manner with other ponies. She'd just have to go talk to the derp-eyed pony and find out a little more about her...

But for now...she was content to munch out and tend to the music with the other ponies - her head bobbing gently in time to the soft beating rhythm.

• 2 weeks later...

Techno smiled at Scratch as she walked past, she looked around to the other ponies and made sure everypony had had a turn at the treats before taking some cookies for herself. She turned to the younger ponies who were at the buffet and spoke. "Are you two having a good time? Anything I can get for you?"

Meanwhile across the table the grey and blonde Pegasus had a cupcake in each of her forehooves and a cup of soda balanced on her head. She shoved both cupcakes into her mouth and downed the entire glass of soda in what seemed like a split second. She grinned like a mad pony and made her way to the dance floor.

"Ok everypony I'm full of sugar and feel like dancin'! let's get this party started!" She then started to dance, she shook her mane as she stomped her hooves excitedly. "Come on everypony the floor's not lava! Let's dance!" She waved her hoof at the other ponies to come and join her.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: oops, missed the update when things started up for Nightmare Night) :blush:

Hoss and shanna smiled happily at their host "We're having a great time, thank you." and Shanna added "Is there punch?"

The ponies watched the grey pegsus tank down the treats and soda, stunned. "Wow!"

They looked at each other, then at their host.Shanna smilled "I think we'll leave our drinks here, Miss Techno and see if we can keep up with that silly filly there."

The twins went out into the space cleared for dancing and started shaking their tails and dancing on their back hooves.