Doctor Who

..I'm a bit lost.

I started watching around a week ago, and I thought it was the first episode. I don't know who the actor was, but

it included a doctor, a blonde named Rose, and mannequins that shot bullets out of their hands.

Was this like a 2000 something modern version, and should I skip backwards a little? Is there some kind

of list for this out there?

• 2 weeks later...

..I'm a bit lost.

I started watching around a week ago, and I thought it was the first episode. I don't know who the actor was, but

it included a doctor, a blonde named Rose, and mannequins that shot bullets out of their hands.

Was this like a 2000 something modern version, and should I skip backwards a little? Is there some kind

of list for this out there?

The episode you saw was called "Rose", with the Ninth Doctor, and is technically the first episode of New!Who - which is Doctors 9, 10 & 11.

Classic!Who started in 1963 and stopped in 1989 with the Seventh Doctor - not including the TV movie in 1996, the only time you see the Eighth Doctor.

New!Who started in 2005 with the Ninth Doctor - season 1 - went onto the Tenth Doctor - seasons 2, 3 & 4 - and the most current is the Eleventh Doctor - seasons 5 & 6.

Technically Classic and New could be classed as two different shows in a way.

So, if you want to trudge through the 26 years of Classic - starting off black and white and going into color, the adorable effects and such - then I believe you should start with the episode "An Unearthly Child", first episode ever of Doctor Who.

Oh god yes, doctor who is awesome!

It feels like i'm the only one who's favourite doctor is Christopher eccleston though :unsure:

Don't get me wrong i loved both tennant and matt smith but eccleston really made me believe he was the doctor, that he really was 900 years old.

Also between David Tennant and Matt Smith. David tennant was clearly superior in my opnion. Not saying i don't like Matt Smith.

Oh god yes, doctor who is awesome!

It feels like i'm the only one who's favourite doctor is Christopher eccleston though

Don't get me wrong i loved both tennant and matt smith but eccleston really made me believe he was the doctor, that he really was 900 years old.

Also between David Tennant and Matt Smith. David tennant was clearly superior in my opnion. Not saying i don't like Matt Smith.

Eccleson had the best season. There wasn't a bad episode in the bunch.

Tom Baker is my favorite though overall. I also liked Colin Baker and thought it a shame the writing sucked during his time as the doctor.

Did somebody say Doctor Who?

I totally love the show and I'm totally not going through Doctor Who withdrawl waiting for the next season, what are you talking about. When I first found it, I backtracked to Eccleson and watched up to Season Four, which was the current one at the time. Also, as Tennant was technically my first Doctor, I was pretty sad to see him go. However, I'm not quite sure why so many people dislike Matt Smith. I mean, Tennant is probably a hard act to follow, but I'm still digging the Eleventh Doctor.

However, I wasn't too fond of this year's Christmas Special. It may have been the beginning putting me off, but I just wasn't feeling it for that episode. Discussion, perhaps?

And, on a slightly off topic note, I really need to check the entertainment thread more. I'm suprised there are so many Whovian Bronies. Good suprised though. :smirk:

• 2 weeks later...