Doctor Who

I'm surprised there wasn't one before, but I dub this the official discussion thread on everyone's favorite Time Lord, Doctor Who. Whether you enjoy William Hartnell or Matt Smith, fight Daleks or Weeping Angels, any and all chatter and nonsense about this amazing piece of sci-fi mastery goes here!

Also, if you want to catch up on Doctor Who with any episode you choose (and I do mean ANY), do visit http://www.crossingthewhoniverse.com/index.html. It's a bit ad-ridden, and quite a few episodes run on the infamous 72 minute MegaVideo streaming, but it's a small price to pay for every Doctor anytime.

Now then, did anyone see God Complex tonight? I don't have cable and I'm afraid I missed it.

I don't really like Steven Moffats run on Doctor Who, mainly because for me, Amy is a textbook example for a Mary Sue, and I can't stand her. Which is a shame because I do like 11th Doctor, and Rory, a lot. I'm ok with how he wrapped up River Song's backstory, but judging from the end of the God Complex

it doesnt look like we will get a good explanation why Amy is able to wish the universe back into existence.

Then again, I swallowed quite a lot of dumb plot points in RTD's run of Doctor Who, so I guess I shouldn't be overly critical about this now. I most likely feel different about it because the tenth Doctor was my first exposure to Doctor Who.

Or because David Tennant is just so dreamy.

I don't really like Steven Moffats run on Doctor Who, mainly because for me is a textbook example for a Mary Sue, and I can't stand her. Which is a shame because I do like 11th Doctor, and Rory, a lot. I'm ok with how he wrapped up River Song's backstory, but judging from the end of the God Complex

it doesnt look like we will get a good explanation why Amy is able to wish the universe back into existence.

Then again, I swallowed quite a lot of dumb plot points in RTD's run of Doctor Who, so I guess I shouldn't be overly critical about this now. I most likely feel different about it because the tenth Doctor was my first exposure to Doctor Who.

Or because David Tennant is just so dreamy.

Moffat's Doctor isn't a Mary Sue. I'd honestly call him a God Sue. That was one thing about the 10th Doctor that was so enjoyable. He was built up as this great hero, this god among men before they systematically broke him down and he 'died' alone and scared.

Still, I really like the 11th Doctor because he's a very fun Doctor. He's not nearly as serious as Tennant was. Smith really adds something to the role that hasn't been seen in the Doctor for decades.

Also, River Song's story isn't wrapped up yet. If you look on the BBC website there's still another episode with her. I certainly hope that episode shall be her final, because I'm quite tired of 'The Adventures of River Song Being More Awesome Than the Doctor'. That said last week's episode was fantastic. I was really bummed with Amy and Rory being put on the bus but I'm sure they'll return shortly. It'll be nice to take a break from them for a bit, even if they are some of my favorite companions.

Doctor Who is one of those things I really should be enjoying right now' date=' so swears all the sci-fi nuts I work with. Watching half of one episode and a little special on the monsters only cemented things. But wow, so much series. [/quote']

I recommend starting with the new series at the ninth Doctor. It's probably the best jumping on point for new fans (it's where I started) since it's sort've a reboot/continuation of the old serials and movies. Though you'll definitely have to check out Tom Baker (4th Doctor) at some time.

Is it possible that the episode ending for the God Complex is leading up to something more?  Like...

River Song becomes the next Companion?

I'd buy that theory any day of the week!

No idea, but I know there's been a confirmed seventh season with Matt Smith.   :D So that's good news...

I'm just eager for more DW.  It feels like they just picked up the season to give us a tease then left us hanging...

One of many confirmation sites about the next season.

OMG....My housemate just found a youtube of the movie with Doctor number 8.   :-o And he's nowhere NEAR as big a Whovian as I am... :shifty::cry: WHY NOT US, FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE?

I...eh...gah...wha? *Inhales sharply* NOOOOO! NOOOOO! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! *Cue me yelling angry gibberish and pulling nightmarish faces as I get restrained and put in a straitjacket*

- - - - - - -

Five Minutes Later...

*Cut to me with disheveled hair and no longer in a straitjacket. I take a deep breath before speaking* I'm deeply sorry you had to see that, Lilia.