Role Playing

Squeegy

If anyone could explain to me how the role playing works i would appreciate it. I understand the basic concept of it but there is a different feel for each type of RP. Also how would I make a character that is accepted and when can I start with the fun? If you feel like I am too much of a newbie because I am asking this question, you would be right but none the less I am a quick learner.

Roleplaying basically, is like writing a story with others. You write the parts with your character, and other bronies write the parts with their characters. You character performs actions and shows emotions. In turn, the other ponies in the 'story' will react to what your pony has said/done, and so on.

Each RP occurs at a different time, so to speak. You can be in as many Roleplay topics as you like, since they're all occurring on different dates/times. Generally, once an RP topic gets 3 or more players, they fall into a posting order, so that things are organized. It's not required, but it does seem to help.

If you'd like to create a character, check out the Applications section. There's a topic there with the format for how you should make an Application. Once you have an app started, you can post it. We also like it when you use this format for the title: [TYPE] Character Name [WIP/FINAL]. Type is the type of character it is. Creature, Earth Pony, FiM Cast, etc. The WIP and FINAL tags are for whether your character is a Work In Progress, or Final if you feel the character is finished. A Helpstaff member will come shortly an assess the application, pointing out anything that doesn't fit in the World of Equestria RP and helping you to expand your character, if need be.

Any other questions, myself and the other staff are available through PM, or you can just post in this topic again.

• 1 month later...

Because this is a forum, how exactly does the Role Playing develop? Is it just snapshots?

I have visited those respective threads and it seems like it is long posts for each.

Is there a way to actually have conversations and stuff?

Also, if I create an OC, can I use that one for other things, such as fanfiction? Or is it tied to Canterlot.com now?

Because this is a forum, how exactly does the Role Playing develop? Is it just snapshots?

I have visited those respective threads and it seems like it is long posts for each.

Is there a way to actually have conversations and stuff?

Also, if I create an OC, can I use that one for other things, such as fanfiction? Or is it tied to Canterlot.com now?

There is no real set rules for how roleplay develops, I guess it all depends on theme of the thread and is usually set by the OP. Some RP threads are just ponies having conversations, most are more story oriented, it all depends on what you want to do.

If you create an OC, its your Original Character; you can do pretty much whatever you want with them.

Your OC's are yours to do with as you please. They are your property. We have everyone submit an application to maintain standards and ensure quality for our Mane RP and to make it easier for someone who wants to know more about a character they're roleplaying with to find out more about that character.

A roleplay is like an interactive story written between multiple people. It's actually how episodes are written for TV, in a way, so think of it as you writing characters into your very own episode! However the caveat is that you can only write about your characters, you must leave the acting of other characters to their owners. Once you get the hang of it, it is a lot of fun, however!