DarcMoun

ExtraSoap

Name: DarcMoun (pronounced Darkmoon)

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Black

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: He lets his mane grow virtually unhindered; He prefers the natural look of his mane over styling it. He does, however, keep it within reason, as no Pegasus likes hair in their eyes doing high speed aerial tricks.

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: Crimson Moon

Physique: Medium build, fit

Origin: An average pony from Seasaddle Bay

Roleplay Type: Mane

Occupation: No real occupation, He presently is more focused on living life to the fullest (in his terms, it means get as much adrenaline pumping as possible as often as possible)

Motivation: Have some fun

Dislikes: Annoying Ponies, Bullies, and ponies who mispronounce his name

Character Summary: Young DarcMoun was born and raised in Seasaddle Bay, and grew up flying about with other Pegasus ponies amidst the crashing waves against the shore. His parents named him DarcMoun because of his jet-black pelt color, and on the eve of his birth there was no moon out, leaving only the black sky to see him coming into the world. Being the daredevil of his group of friends, he would often perform stunts such as flying through the tube waves made when they were just about to crash, and other various stunts that would make his parents incredibly nervous. He remembers his father saying almost every day: “that crazy pony's gonna get himself killed one of these days!” Even though his parents were not happy with his choice of entertainment, he stuck with it, and it became part of his nature. By the time he was a teenager (couldn’t think of the term for teenager equivalent for ponies), DarcMoun was your typical adrenaline junkie, he was constantly looking for the next rush.

Through flight school, he was in the top 5 in his class skillwise, but seldom followed the rules and was looked at as being more of a liability than a skilled flyer. DarcMoun, however, didn’t care what other ponies thought, as long as he was enjoying what he was doing he was happy, no matter what other ponies thought. He did have a group of friends in flight school that were just like him, but he soon realized that he was in with a bad crowd, as they always made fun of other ponies for their flaws or mistakes, which DarcMoun despised doing. He couldn’t stand for bullying, and put them in their place in a test of skill after being mocked for “accidentally” goofing off and racing other students. As far as DarcMoun was concerned, everyone has a special skill, and not everypony can be good at everything, so why mock their shortcomings? After that display, the other ponies in his class began to respect him more. but a pony who marched to the beat of his own drummer, and no one elses. The social norms could not control him, and the other ponies learned from him that everyone has their own style of doing things.

After he graduated from flight school, DarcMoun began floating through towns, never really settling down, but making a lot of friends along the way. One day, pre stallion-hood, he was flying along, practicing some new tricks, when he heard a pony playing the trumpet so beautifully he nearly crashed into a tree while he was distracted. Normally, DarcMoun was not a fan of classical music, but this was a style all its own. The flow of the music was impeccable! It turned out to be an Earth pony named FanFair who was practicing for an upcoming performance. Although FanFair was very shy, and DarcMoun was… well, not, they instantly became best of friends.

Cutie mark story: When DarcMoun was a little foal, his parents let him go on his first night flight. He immediately noticed that there was no one else in the sky to get in his way, and the night was completely silent. Not only that, but a full crimson moon was out that night, and it left him in awe. The different experience from normal flights made him wish the night would never end, which he was sure Princess Luna appreciated at the time. He immediately took a favor to the night, for it's sheer beauty and different experiences it offered.

History: DarcMoun has always been an avid flyer, performing dangerous stunts since he could fly. Like most Pegasus Ponies, its second nature to him, but DarcMoun has taken it to the next level with is stunts and attitude towards life.

post-1007-0-96261800-1316806205_thumb.pn

If you want one of the mods to look over it, I suggest you add "[final]" at the end of the thread title. You can edit it using the full editor.

Also, since DarcMoun is his real name, I'm struggling to see the reasoning of his parents naming him. And the pronounciation thing does not belong in the title.

Just browsing through here, I thought I'd mention something--I don't fully get how his cutie mark is relayed in his 'cutie mark story.' It's not really mentioned what the cutie mark represents, and what each part of the cutie mark plays into his personality.

Well, unlike us humans, who name our children any way we see fit, Ponies tend to name their children based on their personality, or their colours, or sometimes in some kind of family tradition. I don't see that in this name.

Oh, now i get where your coming from. To be honest, I picked the cutie mark first, and couldnt come up with a name, so my friend mentioned darkmoon, and i like it. Do you want me to change it?

Just browsing through here, I thought I'd mention something--I don't fully get how his cutie mark is relayed in his 'cutie mark story.' It's not really mentioned what the cutie mark represents, and what each part of the cutie mark plays into his personality.

Well I couldnt think of a way to say it before, but the crimson moon (the way I see it) represents a lot of individuality because theres really nothing else like it. It's totally unique, and I feel that that ties in with DarcMoun's personality because of his sense of individualism he is also totally unique, and feels that every pony has the right to be unique and not made fun of it for it. I can change it if you want me to, though

Well I couldnt think of a way to say it before, but the crimson moon (the way I see it) represents a lot of individuality because theres really nothing else like it. It's totally unique, and I feel that that ties in with DarcMoun's personality because of his sense of individualism he is also totally unique, and feels that every pony has the right to be unique and not made fun of it for it. I can change it if you want me to, though

Well, that can be said about EVERY cutie mark. As that IS what cutie marks are meant to represent--the one unique trait that makes that pony different from everypony else.

I can't make you change it, but it just doesn't make sense, in my opinion.

well i just couldnt figure out what else I could use to show individualism. In my opinion the crimson moon represents individualism, and i also couldnt think of another way to show it. I can change it to make more sense if you give me something to also represent individualism.

I could also change his cutie mark to represent his love for crazy stunts and adrenaline rushes, if that would be better.

Edited by ExtraSoap

Ok, look, I'm in no position to ask anything from you.

This probably wasn't your intention, but to me this sounds a lot like trying to pick something that sounds cool and dark (and written funny, which lets me think of "It's spelled 'vampyr'" *shudders*), and that's ok, since the show itself is kinda cheesy like that.

But I think then it should look the part, too. If you go through the designs used in the show, most of them do look the way their names sound like (though there are exceptions, and I personally wouldn't rule out that Photo Finish is a pseudonym).

And if you change the cutie mark anyway, I would consider changing the name, too.

Or, if you would like to keep the name and the cutie mark, I would consider changing the design, and probably the reason for the cutie mark, like a love for night flights, and it happened to be a crimson moon when he found out, or something like that.

This is all just my personal opinion, though, and doesn't necessarily represent the mod's opinions.

I think this shaped up pretty nicely- though I'm gonna play the 'no drug references' card and just note that its okay if your pony chews hay or alfalfa; but it shouldn't be likened to any drug of sort (you mention a slight note in your app about it, just take that out is my recommendation).

This is also going to sound goofy- but i'd switch out the strong language, '*******' in this case, for something clever but also censored. Kinda like 'horse-apples', if you don't mind choosing something that would pass as an unsavory word, but isnt actually hard language, i'd appreciate that. I don't usually moderate this as much and let it slide (except in some cases), but I honestly think your app reads better with the change!

Other than that, I think its ready. I'm going to go ahead and approve it, and send it to accepted- once you've made those few changes, then we'll finalize you in the system :3

AppApproved.png