Cerena

knight

Name: Cerena

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Dark Periwinkle Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Long pale blonde and wavy, never cut so touches the ground.

Eye Color: Bright blue

Cutie Mark: A crescent moon, joint to a cloud, surrounded by six stars.

cerenacutiemark.png

Physique: thin and rather tall. She has a natural air of beauty about her, and the physique of a model pony.

Origin: Born in a small cottage in the Whitetail woods, where she helped her mother raise animals—her mother’s special talent.

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Occupation: She was, for quite some time, a school teacher for young fillies and colts. However, after recently being accepted into Celestia's school for exceptional fillies--falling into the Exceptionally Aspirational Pegasi program.

Motivation: To draw out all the bright stars that exist in Equestria—and even sometimes, pull out a moon!

Likes: Children, stars, the moon, pretty things, giving makeovers, playing with her hair, being quiet, thinking, humming, animals, singing, dancing, laughing, flying so high she can barely breathe

Dislikes: Loud noises, angry ponies, gross things, spiders

Character Summary:

Born and raised in a small cottage at the edge of the Whitetail woods, where from a very young age she helped her mother raise and take care of animals. From early on, she had a natural ability to draw other ponies out of their shell, and into who they really are. Her normally very withdrawn mother, blossomed into a warm, loving parent who laughed often and played with her young filly even more.

In school, she was friends with all of her classmates, and each one of them found that when they were with her, their cutie marks were drawn out. This left her as the last one in her class to get her mark. It took her a long time before she realized that THAT was what her talent was! Helping other ponies realize their talents! This formed into her cutie mark—all of the stars she made shine, coming out from behind the clouds, before finally the brightest of all—the lovely moon came out.

She loves to study the stars, and dream about flying to the moon and dancing with the stars. She knows the star charts forwards and backwards, and her favorite time to fly is at night.

After applying numerous times, she was finally accepted--albeit in the lowest rung of classes--into Celestia's school for gifted fillies. She is adamantly studying the astronomy books and frequents the astronomy tower of Canterlot Castle, which is where she met Princess Luna one night.

Friends:

Princess Luna- Met in the roleplay 'The Moon, in Full View' she met, talked and got to know the Princess.cerena.png

Acquantences:

None, yet.

i'm sorry, I was working everypony to the bone to make sure the stream was up yesterday, and I ended up covering a shift. I know your excited, but please be patient with us ;3; lol

I'm glad you cleared things with Tales, because this app *definetly* skirts the 'no previous relationship' with Mane cast, (we leave that up for RP), but as you two are working together on it and planning on building an RP out of it, it should be okay. Because of this though, you might change the story a little bit to reflect Luna taking interest in the OC, instead of Celestia herself (as this is more per true of the RP you are setting up.) Perhaps Luna was helping out class that day, kind of thing for example.

Though, i gotta really put a careful eye on the whole raising/lowering the moon magical ability for a non cast non alicorn OC; I dont mind the OC aspiring to it, or dreaming of it, but I do want to emphasize that that level of magic is something that likely no non-alicorn could ever accomplish on their own. Buuuut who knows, perhaps this will go in a direction that proves very entertaining well-thought-out. Twilight is very much 'dressed' as Celestia's prodige/successor at times- I imagine Luna could have one too. All I ask is that we keep in mind that while Twilight can accomplish amazing things with the help of her friends, she still cant move the sun/stars xD

I think that this will work great for the Mane RP; and if you really want her doing something 'out of the ordinary', you can use private or crossovers to go down roads that the Mane RP cant handle- i'd love to see an well-written RP about Luna's successor. <3

I've been talking with the other staff, and I think I have a nice solution that will include all the elements you want; with only a little bit of re-organization of your App material. To take away the flavor of 'pre-relationship', why not app the character at the time that she is aspiring to join Celestia's magical school of fillies. With that as her goal, you could make her 'profession' at that point 'aspiring student'.

Then, underneath all of that, you can include a "Planned OC/Cast Development" section (underneath the bio), and you can involve your plans of meeting Luna and becoming her personal servant/student. This eliminates you from having a predetermined relationship, but states where you intend for your OC to go. As you RP this out with Luna's Player, you can then change the header from "Planned OC/Cast Development" to something more like "Recent OC /Cast Development".

I think there is a great opportunity here for you to create a wonderful RP story between you and Tales, and this solution allows us to approve your OC without that relationship, but allows you to canonize that relationship through RP. It follows our guidelines and accomplishes what you and Tales would like to, and doesn’t require much addition/revision on your part!

I feel it can work out in the end, all that needed to be done was adjusting the timeline presented in the application from pro-meet Luna to pre-meet Luna and just have that meeting and the results from it play out between you two in the RP. I think it'll be a cute RP :D

For Great Justice! :D

AppAssessed.png