Last post wins

my gravestone will read "here lies the awesome (me name) who theorized that shi huangdi (sumtin like that) was right about the mercury. Rasputin and Castro are simply the same person living in another time. He chugged four thermometers and very nearly after mysteriously...died. in loving memory, 1996-OVERNINETHOUSAND!!!!!" and they'll all sing "smile smile smile" at my funeral.

well it made no sense to me.

Tsk tsk tsk... considering you've said that about Aria's words...

Here lies Penumbra.

Final words.

"I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!"

I think "I saw donuts deadlier than you!" is quite more suitable.

Undeniably. But am I not allowed to repeat statements which flow from others mouths? This description is not self-proclaimed. But, since I cannot bring anybody here to confirm my words and convince you, I shall just forfeit.

The status of 'being liked' is a one side effect, it doesn't have to work both ways. And if I may beg to differ, you've given me no reason consciously. And well, considering your irritation and my tendencies to easily fall into conflicts, this may result one day with you hating me. Assuming you allow yourself to hate people, since, for example, I don't. Throughout my entire life I hated only two people.

Mmmhmm, I guess what you're implying is that everything is subjective? Oh how I like this word :/ ... And yes, I'm not going to hide that what you've said is true. Although having some altruistic beliefs doesn't hold me back from having an egoistic ones as well. Golden mean.

But that second statement really, but really intrigued me. Considering there's a strict contradiction in those words.

Would you care if I asked you to elaborate about altruism being egoistic? How can behaviors, which aim into brightening others prosperity often at your own costs, be called egoistic? Of course, I do see the point you could state. That you're doing things for others in order to make yourself feel better from fact that you've helped. This is a side effect which usually doesn't compensate the price you pay. But still, the reason you're acting and interfering at all is the fact, that others will benefit from your actions. And, naturally, saying that you're doing it against their will would be digressing. Since it should be considered as stubbornness connected with... hm, perhaps a dose of foolishness and ignorance? At least, it wouldn't be altruism anymore.

My views are not that simple, but I'm afraid it's my English knowledge (and perhaps morning hours) which is setting a border I can't pass in expressing myself, therefore I apologize if any of those would seem unclear and I will commence with any attempts of explanations, if that would be your wish.

I don't waste my time or energy hating people.

There's enough of my own faults to focus on, anyway.

I am a selfish person. I can't let anyone else steal away my spot in being a horrible person. :I

Not that you are. You seem alright. I'm just saying, I wouldn't hate you. It's just a wasteful thing to do. You may irritate me at times, as most people do, but it's nothing more than that, don't worry.

As for altruism, I said can.In many cases, altruism should focus on the self as well, instead of just mindlessly giving every bit you can to everyone.

I believe in assisting others, but that's not to say I can't focus on myself. Selfless altruism reminds me of martyrdom.

You can help others, sure.

But I don't believe that altruism is necessarily all that selfless, though.

That's just a stupid opinion of mine, however.

Take it as you will.

Be offended if you wish, tell me I'm wrong, or digest the idea and quietly tell yourself that I'm wrong.

Either way is suitable.