Last post wins

There are SO many ask threads though, and they don't really serve any purpose XD

I'd be fine with it if there were more serious questions asked, but a lot of the time they're like mini chats

lets see

too many of something: arguable check

no perpose: very check

not serious: sometimes-usually check

chat: check

congratulations, you hate this thread :P

Noooope!

I probably didn't see it the first time... I apologize.

Alright, The common thread that ties Mother together is that it is about a young boy with latent mental power who must go on an adventure with 3 friends he finds along the way. They are united in defense of love and the human race against an otherworldly alien named Giegue who is filled with hatred towards humans. In the events of Earthbound, Ness' neighbor Porky allies himself with Giegue but betrays him and retreats before Ness can give him what for. Porky returns and attempts to take over the nowhere islands, Lucas' home and Lucas must pull the seven needles to awaken the dragon sleeping beneath the islands, to save the world while fighting for friendship and love.

i think it is a pretty basic idea that the original purpose was to be the last one to post, weather that is a purpose worth following or not. how does having a reputation for chatting change that purpose?

No, the purpose to what those active inside assign it, that how social anarchy works. But upon that is layer of supposed order to stop thing getting out of hand. The ask thread spam up the forums, like shift trains but bigger with carriages and each thinking their special. This thread purpose is clarified by the people using it as a chat base, thus it earned the reputation of being a chat log. In short, there just simply too many ask thread.

The point is. We have this thread. The ask threads are literally every bloody where and they arn't getting any more original or interesting. It blocks out all the thread that actually does do stuff. Like the compliment thread, man, everyone went there to know there a good quality about them so they can think of themselves in a better light, at least for five minutes.

Or the rate the avatar thread where artist like me and angie could show off our work without coming off as shoving it in people faces. In a casual manner. If we made the same thread over and over with different makers it would get considered spam. Especially if there was already a thread in place that fulfilled what it was doing in the first place.

• Like 1

No, the purpose to what those active inside assign it, that how social anarchy works. But upon that is layer of supposed order to stop thing getting out of hand. The ask thread spam up the forums, like shift trains but bigger with carriages and each thinking their special. This thread purpose is clarified by the people using it as a chat base, thus it earned the reputation of being a chat log. In short, there just simply too many ask thread.

The point is. We have this thread. The ask threads are literally every bloody where and they arn't getting any more original or interesting. It blocks out all the thread that actually does do stuff. Like the compliment thread, man, everyone went there to know there a good quality about them so they can think of themselves in a better light, at least for five minutes.

Or the rate the avatar thread where artist like me and angie could show off our work without coming off as shoving it in people faces. In a casual manner. If we made the same thread over and over with different makers it would get considered spam. Especially if there was already a thread in place that fulfilled what it was doing in the first place.

Quoted for truth. Why? For truth!!

just for clarification: the purpose, as in what it was made for, or at the very least hopes to accomplish, determine the reputation, which is determined by the ipeople outside of the thread, independent of that purpose?

"The point is. We have this thread. The ask threads are literally every bloody where" technically speaking, there is an ask LPW thread, but thats not really the issue. you are saying that if they were combined, your view would change.all of the ask threads are seperate individual threads. you cant really group them together in that sense without ignoring individuality, which is almost the point of the threads. the only logical explanation is that you simply dont like the style or the purpose of the ask threads, also supported by your statement "they arn't getting any more original or interesting"

questions:

-please correct me and contribute to my command of knowledge

or

-why would you type so much to say "i just dont like them"?

just for clarification: the purpose, as in what it was made for, or at the very least hopes to accomplish, determine the reputation, which is determined by the ipeople outside of the thread, independent of that purpose?

"The point is. We have this thread. The ask threads are literally every bloody where" technically speaking, there is an ask LPW thread, but thats not really the issue. you are saying that if they were combined, your view would change.all of the ask threads are seperate individual threads. you cant really group them together in that sense without ignoring individuality, which is almost the point of the threads. the only logical explanation is that you simply dont like the style or the purpose of the ask threads, also supported by your statement "they arn't getting any more original or interesting"

questions:

-please correct me and contribute to my command of knowledge

or

-why would you type so much to say "i just dont like them"?

I think you need to step back and re-read that before you ask me any question. No offence buddy, But your reply pretty much kind of just gapped everything I just said.

I also don't appreciate you ignoring my argument and instead trying to paint me as petty by subtly asking me why I wrote so much to supposedly say I don't like them, instead of directly replying to what I say and trying to use my motivation as a way to demonise me. Second, no. Obviously it doesn't because if the purpose did determine the reputation, this would be a thread purely with post going "I win" over and over in different forms. No. action afflict reputation, thus our action hold a bigger affect on the thread image than the people outside opinion because our actions shape outside people view of it. There go social anarchy of the inside thread rules again.

For example, if we all started spamming pony pictures the reputation would change to "no good, spammer who just plague the wall with pictures all day"

while wer actually considered our own little community that acts a chat base. Due to everything you've seen so far. You know...using this place as a chat base with all of us.

• Like 1

im sorry you mistook my reply for a misunderstanding. let me try again:

"The ask thread spam up the forums, like shift trains but bigger with carriages and each thinking their special." some acknowledge that they are not special. some do it cuz its fun. and it is fun. but why am i telling you? you know its not fun cuz you....spend more time hating on it then trying it.

"This thread purpose is clarified by the people using it"- i couldnt agree more, except for the definition of purpose. say you make board game that has a ball in it that you invented to go into this game. lets say this ball, after you release this board game, turns out to have properties that can be easily used for say,cleaning. for the sake of the analogy, your game sucks. it is absolutely dreadful. nobody ever wants to play it. but, that ball is really good for cleaning, so they buy the game for the ball, cuz ur smart and dont sell just the ball so you can make more money. does any of this change the fact that the purpose of the ball was to be part of a game? the word that should be used should be, in my opinion, something more along the lines of function.

" It blocks out all the thread that actually does do stuff. Like the compliment thread, man, everyone went there to know there a good quality about them so they can think of themselves in a better light, at least for five minutes". - a lot of the question threads actually get pushed down by those, and i can just as easily say that people go to the questions thread cuz its fun. if they didnt think it was fun, or there was nothing to gain from it, they wouldnt go there.

"Or the rate the avatar thread where artist like me and angie could show off our work without coming off as shoving it in people faces. In a casual manner. If we made the same thread over and over with different makers it would get considered spam". -well, it is the spam stables, the ask things ARE spam. but yes, that would be... a bit annoying. and by that, it wouldnt make sense. but the point of the threads are diffferent. the ask threads are all over the place becuase the questions are directed at one user. the art thing, (correct me if im wrong, im purely going on what it sounds like) are is directed at a specific person. it would be too crazy if the question things were in one. questions would need to be directed at one person, that person would have to scan though a bunch of posts to find one actually for them, and some might not find one. i totally understand what you are saying, but it simply is not the same thing (again, from my limited knowledge. please correct me)

is that better? im sorry if you misunderstood my first reply, and even more sorry if this comes of badly. i didnt mean to "gap" everything you just said, and i didnt want to discredit anything. i just wanted clarification on a few points that didnt come across completely. once again, my apologies for sounding disrespectful.