Last post wins

Yeah, that's probably not good. Let's do some fun math! Trust me, you'll dig this.

There's 108 grams of sugar in a liter of typical soda, and 400 calories. So that's 324 grams of sugar and 1,200 calories. A two inch square brownie is 250 calories, and you said "generously cut" so I'll assume at least twice or even three times that. That's 500 calories and 80 grams of sugar each, for a total of 1,500 calories and 240 grams of sugar. Doughnuts are about 250 calories each and 60 grams of sugar in a typical cake-style doughnut. Add another 500 calories and 120 grams of sugar.

All that junk is a total of 3200 calories and 684 grams of sugar. One pound is 453 grams, so you've consumed well over a pound and a half of sugar today -- and that's just from the food you've told us about. An average human being is recommended to consume no more than 40 grams of sugar per day. The numbers are there, you do the math.

Edit: Oops, I missed those sugar wafers. Add those on: 50 calories and 6g sugar per wafer.

• Like 1

...technically speaking, 1.5 liters of the soda were sugar free... and the brownies were maybe 2.5 inches2, but were a bit thicker than usual, so i dont know what that comes out to. it was going to be VERY generous, but my dad told me to make it smaller. im not THAT bad. does that make it sound less... obsessive? i didnt really eat anything else... i had some corn though, some milk, some water...yup thats it. and im also supposed to brush my teeth twice a day, and guess who never really did ever and went fourteen years without a cavity? :D (15 years old and i got two small ones... they kicked me out of the no cavity club years ago though-and i still dont know why-, so i dont mind)

I don't mean to come off like mother mare here, do as you please! But do so wiser!

This nutrition zealotry is more of a swing at the corporations that think it's okay to make products cheaper and appealing for consumption to conserve costs, and it's mainstream and accepted because people like to pay for cheap food that tastes good -- but the price paid in exchange through externalized costs is high, and the problems spawned from which are impossible to number.

TL;DR - Don't support eating crap, and maybe they'll stop making crap for you to eat.

(just kicked out of the no cavity club this year... sad sad day)

hay its how ever your body works and processes I really dislike all that "eating right" propaganda

'Ey now, Cathy, be nice to Rosey! What you gotta know is that too much of anything is bad. Don't bring up too much ponies, I don't want to go there right now :/

Be happy, eat your food, have fun, AND keep healthy! I'm sure you can pull off all of those at the same time, right?