Last post wins

PLUS, for all their talk about the MLP universe being one which is entirely separate from the violent 'Human' issues that we deal with in our world, and how everyone should stop trying to fit those human concepts into the friendly, lovey, violence-free pony world, they accept the idea of a Pony Military pretty quickly. Even if it IS just a defensive force :3

True we never SEE a military force, though that doesn't mean they aren't there. Even in peacetime, the military is active. Perhaps not fighting, but a standing army does more than fight. My school embraces the concept of the 'citizen soldier', one who's willing to serve the community as well as their country. The REA could be active with relief and humanitarian efforts when not deployed to a more action-packed station. For a lot of people, the military is also a way to improve themselves in mind and body, and maybe even learn a trade! It instills a sense of discipline and respect that they can transfer to civilian lives after they're discharged, and help them build their own success.

Though in all honesty I'm just playing devil's advocate. I DO see your point, Fawkes :)

• Like 1

And Angie, why do so many new people join EVERY day? D:

I enjoy welcoming new ponies in the Intro thread. I really do.

But I just can't STAND copy/pasta welcomes. I think they're phony.

So I write a unique welcome every time I welcome someone.

BUT LIKE, FIVE PEOPLE JOIN EVERY DAY D:

AND 4/5THS OF THOSE PEOPLE DONT STAY ACTIVE.

when I first joined, it was one or two a day. I was on the newest member list (which was five people long) for three days. they only started really pouring in a couple months ago

I've never been one to welcome people, because I hate copy paste welcomes too, and I never know what to say other than "welcome to Canterlot".

and that's why I've lost track of everybody :(

Oh no you didn't.

:I

Yes I did.

YES I DID.

I TOTALLY JUST DID, APPLIANCE.

LOOK.

LOOK RIGHT HERE.

*eye narrow*

Thaaaaank you >:[

Shouldn't you be off playing with a ball of yarn or something anyways?

SEE.

I TOTALLY just did.

So don't tell ME >:[

Yes I did.

YES I DID.

I TOTALLY JUST DID, APPLIANCE.

LOOK.

LOOK RIGHT HERE.

SEE.

I TOTALLY just did.

So don't tell ME >:[

All right.

I see.

*clears throat; eyes dilate*

DUNGEON!

THREE YEARS DUNGEON!

Ah, Rockzy, I'll be on tomorrow! Go on your date :3

when I first joined, it was one or two a day. I was on the newest member list (which was five people long) for three days. they only started really pouring in a couple months ago

I've never been one to welcome people, because I hate copy paste welcomes too, and I never know what to say other than "welcome to Canterlot".

and that's why I've lost track of everybody :-(

Well, you don't need a HUUUGE welcoming post.

I just use a simple line or two. Nothing big. I'm speaking the absolute obvious now.

All right.

I see.

DUNGEON!

THREE YEARS DUNGEON!

Well, I'll stay here a while... I mean, it's not like the piano is going anywhere fast. :P

Well, you don't need a HUUUGE welcoming post.

I just use a simple line or two. Nothing big. I'm speaking the absolute obvious now.

yeah, but isn't it kinda sad as a newbie when somebody comes into your intro topic and says nothing but welcome? I mean it's better than nothing, but you worked so hard on your intro and nobody says anything about it. that's why I greet newbies when I see them posting about in the spam stables. it means a lot more to say welcome when you're not in the welcoming section.

• Like 1

yeah, but isn't it kinda sad as a newbie when somebody comes into your intro topic and says nothing but welcome? I mean it's better than nothing, but you worked so hard on your into and nobody says anything about it. that's why I greet newbies when I see them posting about in the spam stables. it means a lot more to say welcome when you're not in the welcoming section.

Mmmhmmm... Good point...

Well, if I'm in the Welcoming Gates area, and I want to welcome somepony, I will, if I see it nessicary, point out something we have in common, just to make them feel a little more comfortable.

My school embraces the concept of the 'citizen soldier', one who's willing to serve the community as well as their country. The REA could be active with relief and humanitarian efforts when not deployed to a more action-packed station. For a lot of people, the military is also a way to improve themselves in mind and body, and maybe even learn a trade! It instills a sense of discipline and respect that they can transfer to civilian lives after they're discharged, and help them build their own success.

This... all sounds awesome~

It also makes me lean even further toward the decision of joining the military~ ;3

The REA could be active with relief and humanitarian efforts when not deployed to a more action-packed station.

Well... I think this is actually one of the stations that Dio describes the REA as having but...

There are, again, a number of situations that I would have THOUGHT the REA (if they existed in the MLP universe) would have shown up during:

-The kidnapping of the Princess/Return of infamous enemy of kingdom

-Sleeping Dragon polluting entire kingdom, threatening 100 years of darkness

-Parasprite outbreak

-Imminent Buffalo attack on outlaying settlement

-Utter chaos erupts during most important social event of year

And MOST of these occur in Ponyville, which seems to be just a stone's throw from the Capital itself :3

I DUNNO.

I found it really comforting when I was able to just waltz into this little chat section and see how nice and welcoming everypony is.

Well, apparently, welcomes, for some reason, are wearing out. Not very badly, but I do believe it was better a few months back.

Well, glad to hear you were welcomed good. :)

All right.

I see.

DUNGEON!

THREE YEARS DUNGEON!

*throws down tea cup*

*stomps*

*bangs hooves against the wall*

BUT I DONT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNA GO TO THE DUNGEON!!

I DONT WANNA!!

DONT WANNA!

DONT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNAAAAAAA!!!! :scream: