Lightshow [Final, I believe]

Appliance

Trying my hand hoof at a new pony c:

Still figuring it out, subject to change.

I hope this isn't terrible, I don't know much about models, etc. I wanted to try something different.

Name: Lightshow/Haute Couture

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt color: Creamy, slightly off-white.

Mane/Tail/Markings/Color & Style: Her mane is a pale, pale green. It's straight and to the right, going a bit past her chest. Her tail is neat, but free at the same time. It holds its' form without a ponytail holder, and is flowing and wavy. It reaches halfway down her back leg. As Haute Couture, it is often styled into a bun.

Eye color: Pale purple.

Cutie Mark: A burst of light.

Physique: Slim, with dainty features. Some say she looks as if she doesn't eat very much.

Origin: Trottingham

Roleplay type: Mane

Motivation: To support her family, and make them happy.

Likes: Music, acting, (anything to do with the arts, really), rainy days, days off, short photoshoots, libraries, reading, privacy.

Dislikes: Anypony that recognizes her, lack of privacy, inability to fly or do magic, etc.

Character summary:

The famous model Haute Couture had been born into a life of simplicity, called "Lightshow" by her parents for her big, bright eyes, and the joy she brought to their lives.

Her parents had conceived two colts before her, but had always dreamed of a filly.

When she finally arrived, they were ecstatic.

-They gave her all the love and care a little filly could have, but as she matured into a filly, they began to demand a lot from her.

-They pushed her into fashion, when her interests were in taking care of plants and acting, instead.

-She was entered in pageants, when she really would have rather stayed at home with her big brothers, going around town with them, reading, or taking care of the plants.

The filly, Lightshow, disliked pageants and competing, until she saw that it gave her parents purpose, and made them happy.

Once she took that into account, she took the pageants in stride; considering modeling to be another form of 'acting', which was one of her favorite things to do anyway.

At least it made it bearable.

After many, many unfruitful pageants, she finally won one. Her parents were very happy; And she gained her cutie mark, after they told her, "You made us proud." She realized that making her parents happy made her happy in turn, and as designers and photographers began to take interest in her, she slowly began gaining fame.

It wasn't as if she were good at modeling, but after much practice and encouragement from her parents, who had always wanted a successful "showpony", Lightshow began to get better, her clumsy movements becoming elegant, tripping less often on the outfits she modeled, becoming graceful after she realized that the ponies of her community and school had scorned her authenticity as a model mare. She hid this, though, until she was older, as she had a plan for her new grace.

When she had finally finished her studies, she left her home to pursue her job, which she now actually liked. It was fun. The exotic ponies, the soft fabrics, the travelling.. it wasn't a bad job at all.

Best of all, the job made enough bits for her to keep her family comfortable and happy.

However, she did not leave Trottingham as the mare Lightshow. No, she needed a new start. Something fresh. Something that would allow her to be the friendly, plant-loving pony she was, AND the silky-smooth one she'd learned to be. And so, she made herself into new pony, called "Haute Couture." As she had adopted a classy, edgy name, she used her newfound grace when modeling, making her new "ponysona" very different from her regular self, Lightshow, unrecognizable, except to her family, and to those who had known her for a long time..

To be able to keep up with appearances, to protect her job as a model, she took on a job as Lightshow, using her modeling money to start up a nursery (for plants, not foals!). When she's tending the plants, she is dressed simply, without make-up, under the guise of a simple gardener. Her "hobby-turned-side-job" gives her just as much joy as modeling, and she tries to spend as much time taking care of the plants as possible. When traveling for her job, she has Pegasi acquaintences that use clouds to water the plants, and Earth ponies that prune and weed the nursery.

Additional notes:

-Lightshow uses a fake cutie-mark (via make-up) when she is Haute Couture. It is a spotlight with light beaming down.

-Her mane is worn in very different ways when modeling. It is usually straight and pushed to the right side, but sometimes worn in a simple bun when on the run.

-She travels often, but makes time for her best, and rather, only friend (so far), Firecracker. She does see quite a lot of Firecracker, as she had been hired as a special effects pony for the shows.

- Various ponies (usually mares) tend to think that she is rather dim, as a model, but Lightshow, as Haute Couture, does her best to prove them wrong.

-She loves parties.

-Lightshow isn't anti-social, she just hasn't really had opportunities to make friends yet.

- Lightshow doesn't get mad very often, unless somepony offends or hurts her best friend, the mare named Flare. (DAMMIT IT RHYMES.)

-In her spare time, she enjoys taking care of plants, whether they are her own, wild, or just some other ponies' plants. She also likes to read. (Especially about plants! Derp.) While not very strong, she will roughhouse with her brothers when she's in town and able to see them, a habit from her days as a filly, trying to prove herself as the strongest of the three. (Which doesn't happen. She loses all the time!)

-She doesn't eat very often, due to the time constraints of work and fickle designers. As Lightshow will not eat a rushed meal, she'd rather wait half a day to eat a big meal slowly, then eat meals "on-the-go".

-Her favorite outfits are nature based. Especially anything with orchids.

I feel there are several plot hooks here, which creates excellent opportunities for stories int he RP. :D You mean that she likes to care for plants, is this possibly a desire that may grow into an alternate career she may want to explore? The only thing I can see that needs to be taken out is "watching cartoons", as there is no TV in Equestria.

Yes :) I was thinking that as Lightshow would have to get a job herself, to maintain appearances, she could perhaps own a nursery for plants that other ponies would buy, and it may even be something that she merges into her life as Haute Couture also. And edited that out. Thanks, Brian C:

I think it would be great if you covered the fact she has a nursery on the side and that she uses it to sell plants to ponies. Perhaps she even presents herself as a simple gardener without any makeup or anything and folks do not know she is the famous Haute Couture. :D That would add a couple plot hooks: A double life, an alternate career she wants to consider that may maker her actually happy. What do you think?

That's actually what my idea was! XD

We.. we must be telepathically linked! :I

Um.. ahem. But yes, that was my idea! I'll include it in the app, and hope that this gets approved today so I can use her later :D ;^;