[Fillydelphia] New Visitors to Fillydelphia (CLOSED - All full)

Mojo

(ooc): This is a continuation of the Lakes RP "Get Up, Stand Up" although anyone is welcome to join in!

A brown peddler's wagon reaching the outer gate of Fillydelphia, pulled by an unlikely pony team. One is a Paint stallion with a peace sign cutie mark named Mojo. The other is a taller, older light blue unicorn mare nurse named Starflower. In the 'front seat' of the wagon looking down on the pony team are two young Pegasi. The petite blond white Pegasus named Jubilee and the other, a light pink Pegasus named Whirlwind who the trio saved in a field the previous night and were now riding into town.

"Here we are ladies, Fillydelphia! The city of brotherly love!" Mojo neighed.

"Hey, you two alright up there?" Starflower asked as she craned her head upward looking back at them.

"We're fine, Star!" Jubilee shouted down. "What do you think of the big city, Whirlwind?"

Fillydelphia ! It sure was a sight. Whirlwind had never seen a city other than Cloudsdale before ; she had seen the various farms and little houses ponies had around the NimbusGait Lakes, but a city was another thing entirely. For one thing, it was so big. And wide. Non-pegasi couldn't fly, so they couldn't have buildings on different heights like in Cloudsdale. So they put them one next to another, and the city would stretch for miles, all the way to the horizon.

“I, uh, I like it” the little filly finally answered to her friend. “It's different, but it looks nice...”

Mojo's wagon entered the city. There was a lot of other ponies trotting around in the town, and Whirlwind watched everything with curiosity. Some of them caught her gaze and waved hello, with a bright smile on their faces – she waved back absentmindedly, perhaps a little shy. The shops, the houses, the roads, the ponies, everything was so different, and so similar at the same time. It was very interesting, and also very fun.

“So, were do we go to set shop Mojo ?” the pink pegasus queried. “You've been around here already ?”

"I was here once as a wee kipper," Mojo said as he and Starflower continued pulling the cart. "Town's changed quite a bit since those days."

"I've been here several times, guys," Starflower added. "The town square's our best bet to set up. Lots of hoof traffic there."

"Lots of ponies? That's wonderful! Maybe I can sing and dance to draw in more customers!" Jubilee said as she giggled with glee. "I love performing for the masses!"

"Look Wings, I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't want to impose on ya."

"Impose? I'm volunteering! You're my best friend in the world! I'm happy to help out!"

"Whirlwind, when we come to a stop, I want you to try some simple flying. Nothing fancy, just short distances to get used to flight again. Jubilee, will you fly with her and watch over her progress?"

"You betcha, Nurse Star!" Jubilee shouted with a salute.

"Town square up ahead, just follow my lead, Mojo."

"Right here with ya, love," the Paint Stallion said as the wagon came to a stop in the middle of the town square. Mojo and Starflower unhitched themselves as he started to get his wagon ready to open for 'business'. Starflower insisted on helping too, and soon the folding 'stage' of the wagon was opened.

The little group chatted merrily while Mojo and Starflower pulled the wagon toward the center of the city. Whirlwind wasn't really listening however : she was quite busy watching the streets and the buildings, everything was new for her.

And she wanted to fly. She had spent months in a hospital, months locked in her house, and an entire day failing to take off properly. It wasn't the kind of flying she was used to, which involved loopings and corkscrews and dangerous stunts done while razing the ground.

The pink pegasus felt babysitted, overly protected since her accident, but she didn't complained : she had, after all, injured herself in a spectacular failure of judgment, and she understood how scared her family and her friends must have been. Still, she yearned to fly again.

The rest of her new friends was talking about the city, how it changed since they were young, where to set up shop. Jubilee looked forward to dance and sing. And Starflower, as always, was taking care of her patient like a mother took care of her foal.

But this time, she wanted Whirlwind to fly.

“Hu ? Really ? I mean, sure !”

The little pegasus quickly recovered from her surprise, and grabbed a corner of the wagon before basically throwing herself in the air with a push of her leg. With a loop and another loop she was flying again, gaining altitude and speed.

Whirlwind flapped her wings and glided lazily in the air, a bright smile on her face. It was so good to fly ! She was forbidden to do anything fun, she knew. Starflower just wanted her to strech her wings, or something. But she wasn't sure she'd have another opportunity before Sun know how long … And Jubilee was supposed to watch her progress … A malicious smile worked its way on her face. Well then, let's see how much progress she could do !

“Hey Jubilee !” she shouted. “Think you can catch up ?”

And off she was.

Whirlwind dived in the streets, gaining speed, scaring the ponies around, pulling out a ninety degree turn at the last moment, which made her raze the street instead of crashing into it ; and with another succession of sharp turns and dangerous moves she entered the maze of Fillydelphia's streets, barely avoiding collisions many times over. Oh how she missed that ! Speed, danger, last-minute reactions, and the rush of the wind in her face ! This is what she lived for.

She didn't intended to play for a long time, because she knew she'd lose Jubilee (and herself) eventually ; but she did wanted to play, knowing that she would never have another opportunity like this before another couple of months, at least. She was so going to be grounded the minute she entered home after all. Could the other pegasus filly keep up with her daredevil flight ? She didn't knew. She didn't care ! These precious moments were for her. She flew.

Her wings finally started to ache, and she gradually decelerated, ignoring the angry shouts of the frightened merchants and the glares of the other ponies. She turned around, gliding slowly now, trying to see where Jubilee was, if she had managed to follow her.

"I'm with ya, Whirlwind!" Jubilee shouted as the blonde maned Pegasus took off shortly after her new friend. Mojo and Starflower watched their flight from the ground, the tall light blue unicorn looking on with a note of concern.

"I hope she doesn't try to push herself too hard," Starflower said to the Paint stallion beside her.

"Don't think she will, Star. The kid's got a good head on her shoulders."

"But look! Whirlwind's flying out ahead of Jubilee! She could lose her in the sky!"

"Not to worry, love! Ol' Wings is still a top flight flyer! She's got the speed to catch'r if Whirlwind falters."

Starflower gasped when she saw Whirlwind begin to tire. Jubilee speeded up to try to catch up to the speedy pink Pegasus mare.

"Better take it easy, Whirlwind! You look like you're starting to labor too much with your wings!"

"She's losing attitude! Gotta act fast!" Starflower shouted as she closed her eyes, her horn beginning to glow. Now her unicorn magic gently embraced the still airborne Whirlwind. No way the nurse unicorn was going to let her newest patient tumble out of the sky!

"Ya got a hold of'r now, doll!" Mojo neighed, seeing the slight glow the pink Pegasus was giving off.

It had been a good moment of fun for Whirlwind. She had squeezed a good amount of tricks and stunts in a few minutes of flight, knowing that she wouldn't have much time to do them (even if she had the strength, Starflower would never had agreed), but that she'd never have another occasion to play like this for quite some time.

And she hadn't had the possibility to play like this since .. since the time she played in a weather factory and lost her legs to it, actually. It was strange to fly without her four legs like before – and she had been forced to do constant last-second adjustments in her flight the whole time, because she couldn't move the same way anymore, too. But it had been fun, strangely enough. The little pegasus liked to deal with unknown variables like these. It made everything so much less predictable, it forced her to be reactive, and inventive, in a word it was never boring. She loved to test what she could do, to see what could be done, like this.

Flying had been fun. But it was time to stop now. She was landing toward the wagon, in that strange, careless way that she had, not really flying, not exactly falling. She had her wings open and was letting herself go down at a comfortable speed.

The pink pegasus was too high to see Mojo and Starflower clearly – she had zoomed upwards to let Jubilee find her, because the white pony had had trouble keeping up with her erratic, unpredictable flight. Whirlwind had waved a hoof at her friend and started to descend. She didn't knew she had scared everypony out of their minds with her crazy games.

“Heeey !”

Suddenly Whirlwind had been stopped. A gentle glow was surrounding her, immobilizing her movements, and dragging her down. Very slowly. The little pink pony squirmed and jerked, trying to get free, in protest as much as in shame : it looked a lot like Starflower's magic, and she could see the older unicorn glowing her horn, her face clearly worried. Mojo was looking very worried too. Whirlwind felt like a little foal in front of her two overprotective parents. It was very, very humiliating. She could fly now ! She knew herself well enough, thank you !

Eventually the pegasus filly stopped fighting and let Starflower bring her down and drop her off on the wagon's roof. She moved toward the two ponies with a very sour look on her face, and snapped at them, trying to contain her frustration.

“Why ? Why, Starflower ? Why did you do this to me ? I was doing all right ! I was actually landing ! I know when my wings needs a rest, and I crashed enough times to know how to do it safely anyways ! I'm a freaking pegasus, I know how to fly ! And I'm not going to make another stupid mistake, I promised that already ! Do I look that irresponsible to you ?”

She was hurt. She couldn't be angry at them, she knew her new friends meant well, and cared about her, but she couldn't help being hurt by their attitude. She knew she had made mistakes as well, one of them costing her two limbs, and that ponies around here would naturally be worried now, but she still couldn't help being hurt by being treated like this. She was a pegasus. She was a flier. She had a green twister for a cutie mark. Flying, and especially chaotic, improvised flying like what she just did, was her special talent. Was what she was talented at ! She wasn't a poor, maimed, hurt little filly, she was strong, and she was a flying pony. They shouldn't have stopped her like this.

Starflower was very surprised by Whirlwind's reaction, but quickly realized that she had probably acted too hastily to protect her patient.

"Oh Whirlwind, I am very sorry," the light blue unicorn mare said, "I saw you starting to drop down in the sky and I thought you were pushing yourself too hard. Please forgive me, I didn't mean to embarrass you."

"Take it easy on Star, Whirlwind," Jubilee said as she landed besides of the pink Pegasus. "Kinda looked like you were struggling a bit from where I was flying too."

"Please don't get all uptight, miss," Mojo pleaded. "All of us want to keep you safe. You're our friend and we all care about you."

((OOC: Sorry for taking a few days to get this down Ancre, and to Mojo for stalling the RP after asking him if I could join in. The weekend was a little chaotic and it's my first RP post on the site, so I was a little nervous. Also, I know this post is rather lengthy, so my apologies for that too.))

Cantering towards the town square with a genuine, upbeat smile, it wasn’t the first time Swift Kite had visited the wondrous city of Fillydelphia. The tall young mare’s lively blue eyes kept wandering from side-to side and back towards the direction she was trotting, still expressing the same awe she had when she had stayed there for the first time as a growing foal. Still though, the deep red-pink Pegasus wasn’t just there to admire the cityscape. She had a job to do after all, and she knew that Joy Spinner, her older unicorn mentor, would be expecting Kite’s arrival back at her small toy shop in the Saddleveil Plains. Preferably with a moderate stock of toy boats, crafted by a unicorn couple she was supposed to meet that afternoon.

And if there was anything to go by, she was just the right pony to do it! Well, perhaps she was the only pony who would, but she didn’t seem to mind.

It didn’t take too long before she had entered the square. With the growing amount of ponies, booths and merchant carts surrounding the area, the Pegasus was taken aback at first. How in Equestria was she supposed to find them here? ‘C’mon Kite, you’ve been here before! You’ll be fine, It’s not a big deal…’ She rambled in her thoughts, now standing still amongst other moving ponies. Large towns and cities were funny in a way; no matter how many times you have gone through one, the places you would expect to be familiar always seemed so…different, with every visit.

“Excuse me!” A stallion’s abrupt voice severed her train of thought, with a rude tone of voice that contrasted with a phrase that was normally meant to be polite. Swift Kite stepped aside as her wings patted the sides of the saddlebags she wore, the older pony not even sparing a passing glace to thank her as he passed by. Yet despite this Kite was barely bothered by it at all. In fact she was almost grateful for the stallion’s vocal intrusion, as it caused her to immediately snap back into reality. The last thing she needed to dwell on about was the surrounding ponies, and not finding the two artisan unicorns among them. They just had to be there, and she would spend just about all day trying to find them if she could.

Swift Kite continued her search, a more confident look showing on her muzzle. Two lone braids swayed beside her as she did, one held back with the rest of her unbraided, spiky blue mane by a pale teal and pastel bandanna. The many bright and colorful items being sold were beckoning her admiration, trying to distract her from her goal, but she forced herself not to pay attention to them. As she trotted on however, a brown peddler’s wagon being set up in the middle of the square had caught her eye. The wares being displayed were rather, neat though a little unusual to her, something that she knew she needed to check out. Yet before she could get close enough to the ponies near it she quickly stopped herself. She could look around there later, but not until she bought off those toy boats to bring back to Joy’s Toy Shop.

“EEK!” A sudden, strong gush of wind caught the young mare by surprise, her wings temporarily sprouting from her sides while, as if though on cue, a kite designed with the appearance of a monarch butterfly unfolded and popped out of her left saddlebag, being quickly blown away from her. She didn't take notice of the kite though, for her eyes had widened and blinked as she spotted the cause of that temporary wind: a rambunctious, light pink Pegasus filly with a need for speed, who for some reason or another had only three legs.

As the kite began to plummet towards the ground, a unicorn mare used her magic to stop the impact, making glide onto her hooves. The unicorn stallion next to her, likely her husband, exchanged glances with her as both went up to the distracted and temporarily spooked young mare. Kite didn't notice them at first, her attention on the younger pink Pegasus, who was farther away but close enough for her to see her pulling off some fast flying stunts. Though Swift Kite didn’t know of about her current conditions, she couldn’t help but feel a little…worried?

She suddenly heard a small ‘ahem’ escape the muzzle of the unicorn mare in front of her, the Pegasus giving them an odd look before she finally realized who they were: the unicorn couple with the toy boats! Kite's eyes lit up as she let the two craftsponies lead her to their merchant cart, and she finally exchanged her bits for the toys that would be used to stock the small toy store in the Plains. In fact, the two had even given her a nice discount in exchange for the kite from her saddlebag! The young mare hadn’t expected to trade it in, as it was mostly for proof that those working at the shop, including herself, also made their own toys to sell there. Still though, it was quite the bargain she acquired, and there were plenty more hoof-crafted kites where that came from. The ‘Kite’ in ‘Swift Kite’ wasn't there for nothing, after all.

As she left the two artisans and waved a hoof goodbye, the reddish pink mare spotted that same, three-legged light pink Pegasus again, flying towards that same wagon that caught Kite’s eye earlier. This time however she noticed another Pegasus following her, one with a white pelt and a blonde mane and tail, trying to tell them something. Swift Kite didn’t quite pick up on what she said, but she peered back at the flying light pink filly, her eyes widening as she did; the Pegasus was growing tired from flapping her wings, possibly struggling to keep herself up in the air as she came closer to the wagon. At least, that's what it looked like. Kite suddenly grew worried for her again, even more so than earlier. One Would think that the blue maned mare would have been annoyed with her, but now that she thought about it the Pegasus filly had actually helped her, in an odd, unknowing way. The red-pink Pegasus followed her by hoof, not wanting her now full saddlebags to slide off her if she flew. The blonde maned Pegasus could likely catch her mid-air anyways, and Swift Kite got most of her good grades back in Flight School through her skills in technical flying, rather than speed. As Kite trailed behind her she saw the light pink filly started exuding an odd faint glow, which caused the younger Pegasus in flight to struggle before she gave up and reluctantly let the aura softly place her onto the wagon’s roof. Kite had trotted close enough to see who had caused it, which turned out to be a worried light blue mare with a flowing violet mane, but not enough to be noticed either. A stallion with a most peculiar, unique brown and white pelt was there too and seemed just as worried.

“Why ? Why, Starflower ? Why did you do this to me ? I was doing all right ! I was actually landing ! I know when my wings needs a rest, and I crashed enough times to know how to do it safely anyways ! I'm a freaking pegasus, I know how to fly ! And I'm not going to make another stupid mistake, I promised that already ! Do I look that irresponsible to you ?”

The filly’s sudden outburst surprised Kite almost as much as the other three ponies, the blonde Pegasus chiming in and landing beside her near the others after the light blue mare had made an apology. Embarrassed as unicorn made the light pink Pegasus feel, they had been worried for a very good reason, including the reddish pink on-looking bystander. Even if, other than the missing leg, she wasn’t completely clear about her condition.

"Please don't get all uptight, miss, all of us want to keep you safe. You're our friend and we all care about you."

As Swift Kite veered closer, she couldn’t help but form a small smile at the peaceful Paint stallion’s words. She could tell how important he and the others thought of their friend’s wellbeing, even if Pegasus filly herself was upset.

“Me too-”

The words suddenly slid out of her mouth, unintentionally, before she stopped herself from saying anything more. She thought that maybe she would introduce herself once things settled down between them, but it was too late and she had been more than loud enough for all four of them to hear. She cantered toward the group even more, now clearly seen, feeling a little guilty for being so, well, intrusive.

“I mean, you ponies weren’t the only ones worried there,” She started. “For a second I kinda thought she’d fall down from exhaustion from flying so fast.” She looked over at the light pink filly, a little less worried now that she was safe, but still held some concern at the upset Pegasus. Before she could open her mouth however she realized that she hadn’t even introduced herself. Feeling a little nervous, she again put her attention on the quartet.

“Name’s Swift Kite,” She stated simply, unsure if she should try shaking hooves with the group or not. “And um, sorry for, well, jumping in like that…” A smile formed sheepishly from the corners of her muzzle.

( Ooc : no problem The-Jaded-Bug ! And don't worry, you write very well ! I'm looking forward to more lengthy posts like this :P Though don't feel forced to do long either ! Have fun ! )

Whirlwind sighed. Even if she was, she couldn't be angry, and she knew it. They all meant well : they were worried about her, and they all did their best to help since the beginning. It's just that the doctors, her parents, even her friends, everypony treated the little pegasus like she couldn't do anything on her own.

Starflower apologized. Mojo and Jubilee tried to explain that the unicorn had reasons to look worried. The pink filly just nodded. They were just worried about her, every one of them, even the stranger pegasus filly over there – wait, what ?

A pink-red pegasus young mare had barged in, obviously scared for Whirlwind as well. She timidly introduced herself, saying her name was Swift Kite, with apologies for introducing herself uninvited like this. Whirlwind cringed inwardly. Did she looked so weak that even random strangers were concerned about her health ?

“Hello Swift Kite,” she replied simply, “And it's ok everyone, I understand. I'm sorry I've scared you like this. I didn't mean to snap at you too.” She fiddled her hooves for a moment, as if she was lightly kicking something around.

“It's just that … I love to fly, really, you know, it's even what my cutie mark means ! And I love doing crazy things and going very fast too. I crashed into a lot of things, but I'm strong, I don't mind, I can take it ! But ever since the accident … Well, I can't walk anymore, so everypony babysit me, and worries a lot, and try to make sure nothing happens to me.”

“And well, it's all nice and stuff, but sometimes I feel like I'm in a cage, sometimes I feel like I've lost my wings too.” Whirlwind chuckled. “It's silly right ?” she was starting to feel like she was. “I'll be able to fly again soon, but …” she stopped her ramblings.

“Anyways, I'm sorry I snapped at you, and I'm not mad anymore.” she smiled sincerely. She straightened up, and looked at Swift Kite, trying to look friendly. “So, um, hello ! I'm Whirlwind, I'm from Cloudsdale ! The white pegasus is Jubilee, the brown stallion is Mojo, and the blue unicorn is Starflower ! We sell stuff! Welcome here !”

The three other horses smiled widely as they came over to greet Swift Kite.

"Hello there, miss!" Mojo neighed as the Paint stallion offered his front hoof to shake. "Mojo's me name and it's a real pleasure ta meetcha!"

"Yay! Another Pegasus filly!" Jubilee cheered as she landed. "Hi! I'm Jubilee! I hope to be a famous entertainer someday! I dance, I sing, I play music and I hang out with these cool ponies! Welcome to the herd!"

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Swift Kite," Starflower said with a smile. "I'm Starflower, a nurse. Guess the stetchoscope I'm wearing a big clue, isn't it? Do you live here in Fillydelphia?"

Swift Kite listened to the little filly as she made a simple hello to her and apologized to the others, having the feeling that she really did mean it. It turned out that the light pink Pegasus had a strong affinity for flight, even more so than some of the more speedy flyers she knew back in Cloudsdale. A young risk taker who loved the thrill of living on the edge, only to feel, at this point, as though she were living in a gilded cage. It was made clear in her apology that lack of patience had gotten the best of her, and no one, not even Kite, could really blame her for it.

Yet going onto a lighter subject, the filly introduced herself to the young mare as Whirlwind, saying that she was from Cloudsdale, the city where Kite herself used to live. The pink Pegasus also introduced the names of the other three ponies, and mentioned a little something about the wagon set up for buisness. But before Kite could speak again, Jubilee, Starflower and Mojo went up to greet her with wide, friendly smiles, the latter politely introducing himself as he offered her a hoofshake.

“It’s nice to meet y’too, Mojo!” Swift Kite replied to the Paint stallion, accepting his kind gesture and happily shook his front hoof. She smiled brightly at him, showing some more confidence than she did when she first spoke to the group.

Jubilee was the next to greet her, the blonde maned Pegasus being enthusiastic and direct, which Swift Kite herself didn’t mind at all. ‘Well, I’ll definitely have to see her preform sometime!’ She thought to herself as she greeted her back with another smile. She didn’t know a lot of entertainers, famous or otherwise, at least not personally, so it was always a pleasure to meet one. And last but not least, Starflower chimed in with a polite smile, saying she was a nurse, and questioned if the red-pink Pegasus lived in the very city the group was in.

“I live around the Saddleveil Plains area, actually. I moved from Cloudsdale this year to be closer to work.” She answered. “Right now I just came through to run an errand for this toy shop I work at, you see. Joy’s Toy Shop, for specifics. Just recently bought a stock of custom toy boats ordered by Joy Spinner herself! It’s along the road connecting the city to Ponyville, by the way.”

Any hint of nervousness had before seemed to quickly start disappearing. The Pegasus lifted one of her wings up to reveal a good sized, nearly full saddlebag. She used her wing to open it slightly before taking a peek inside, and closed it carefully after.

“The store’s all stocked with hoofmade and artisan-crafted toys in general, but we definitely make our own toys there, too.” She was about to continue, but before she could say anything more it dawned to her that maybe it wasn’t the best idea to talk about the shop while on front of a another pony’s business. Sure they were nice to her for somepony they just met, but even then one couldn’t be too sure. Not to mention that she had gone onto a new topic, even if it did answer her question somewhat. With that in mind, she decided to direct her attention on wagon they had set up.

“But enough about me, I guess… So, what’s sold here exactly?” She queried curiously.

Everypony introduced themselves and were soon chatting happily. They talked about work : Swift Kite was from Cloudsdale, she said, but had moved to the surroundings of Fillydelphia because she worked as an apprentice in a toy shop, and actually had a saddlebag full of little boats to deliver there. She seemed quite proud of what she did.

Work … They all knew what they wanted to do ! Whirlwind had still no idea – but then again she still had time to figure it out, too. Stunt maker ? Or putting on a show ? Nah, what she did wasn't showy enough for this. Or something else entirely, completely unrelated to her love of flight … She didn't knew yet.

Then Swift Kite asked what kind of stuff did Mojo sell in his wagon. Whirlwind exclaimed in a joyous tone : “Well, a lot of cool things ! He have these lamps with moving things in it, and poetry books, and a lot of hoof-made crafts and, uh, well, a lot of cool things ! ... I think Mojo will explain it better than me.” She gave the other pegasus filly a wide smile, and laid down on the roof on the wagon, letting the others speak.

"Right-o, Whirlwind," Mojo said as he began to open the front panel of his wagon. "Miss Swift Kite, I carry only THE finest in hip and happenin' items! There's pop art, painting and sculptures, woven rugs and books of poetry, all done by me! I also carry cool items like mood bracelets, lava lamps, love beads and pet rocks. You'd be surprised how many foals LOVE to buy my pet rocks! I also carry a line of fresh produce from the area farms of my home area. I got things like lettuce, tomatoes, corn and celery, all grown without using any magic or other artifical stuff! There's even some general hardware and comfort items, like my famous hoofmade hammocks! Ask me chums here about how comfortable they are!"

"Mojo's right," Starflower volunteered. "I slept in one of them for the first time last night. Very comfortable and theraputic too!"

"I LOVE Mojo's hammacks!" added Jubilee. "I have one at home! Love'm!"

((OOC: My apologies, but I have very little time this week to make a reply right now. I'm not sure if at this point you two could continue the RP until I'm back. I promise I'll get a reply in either by this weekend or early next week. This post here goes into the details. Sorry guys for the hold-up again.))

((OOC: Welp, guess who's back? :D))

Swift Kite’s curiosity perked as Whirlwind explained what was sold before letting Mojo do the talking. So they – or the Paint stallion at least – sold hoof-made items? Her interest was sparked even more, once the Earth pony himself expanded on what the pink Pegasus filly had said, opening the wagon’s front panel as he did. Paintings? Sculptures? Pop art? Hammoks? Love beads? Lava lamps? Okay, so maybe she hadn’t a clue what lava lamps were, but she had the feeling that he was referring to those odd capsules with bright and colorful blobs floating inside of them. Her curious blue eyes darted back and forth from Mojo to the items displayed as he went on, a grin peaking from the side of her face, quite impressed, maybe a tiny bit jealous, at the variety of his very own hoofmade items in stock.

She listened on as Starflower made a comment on how she had slept in one of Mojo’s hammocks the night before, with Jubilee saying that she liked them as well, and that she had one in her home- wait a minute, did she say, last night’? The Pegasus mare pondered to herself on what Starflower had meant – was it at her own house? Had the unicorn mare only recently met the other three? The red-pink Pegasus pushed those thoughts aside for a bit, deciding first to say her initial thoughts on the wares being displayed.

“Well, I’ll have to admit: I’m pretty impressed with what you’ve got here!” She beamed toward the Paint stallion. Swift Kite took another look at the colorful, hoofmade wares among the cart, including a hammock on display, then back at Mojo. She noticed that her cheeks started to feel a little warm, but did her best to resist feeling them with one of her hooves. Was she, well…blushing? Her pelt, being a moderately deep and warmer color, hid it pretty well from the others, for the most part. Not knowing this though, she quickly directed her attention to everypony else.

“And you can call me Kite for short, to make things easier.” She added in, before remembering Starflower’s comment from earlier. “Also, well, how long have you four known each other?”

Whirlwind was lazily laying on the roof of Mojo's wagon, watching the ponies opening for business and chat excitedly, without paying too much attention to it. The hippie pony was advertising his stuff pretty well, cataloguing everything he sold, and the other two backed him as much as they could. It seemed to have a strong effect on the red pegasus filly : Swift Kite was eyeing the goods with a lot of curiosity now, and perhaps a touch of envy.

She was curious about other things too, and she asked since how long did they all knew each other. “Well,” Whirlwind started, “Those two, Mojo and Jubilee, they seem to have known each other for a lot of time now, they're old friends. I think they've known Starflower for a long time too. Me, I met them yesterday. I, uh, I just got permission to leave home, and I tried to stand up on my legs all day, and in the end I was too tired to fly home.” she resumed quickly. The pink pony didn't liked to show how careless she had been.

"Yeah, me and Wings here go way back!" Mojo answered as he set up the 'stage' of his wagon. "She sorta 'dropped in' on my family's farm one day back when she was in school."

"That's right!" Jubilee added as the blond Pegasus flew up to where the other Pegasus fillies were. "I was in a Performing Arts School in a nearby town and decided to go out on a flight one night. Kinda lost my bearings abd before I knew it, landed in a haystack on Mojo's farm. Since that night, that big lug's been like the brother I never had to me!"

"And as for me," Starflower chimed in, "I only met the three of them last night. Jubilee flew up to the restaurant where I was eating calling out for help. I came to Mojo's wagon, found Whirlwind and gave her First Aid. The four of us spent the night in this wagon because of a terrible storm raging all night long. Mojo was the perfect host!"

Swift Kite listened as the four answered her question, only keeping her eye off of them for a small moment when Mojo briefly set up the wagon's stage. If there was one thing that she thought of them, it was that they were an interesting and certainly friendly group. It turned out it was only Jubilee and the Paint stallion that had previously known each other. As for everypony else, they were newly found friends of theirs who used Mojo's wagon for protection from the storm, with Whirwind receiving First Aid from Starflower. 'A storm?' She thought. She didn't know until then that the Nimbusgait Lakes were hit too (assuming that was where they stayed, since the light pink filly had said she was from Cloudsdale).

"I guess the Plains wasn't the only place with a storm scheduled. I'm glad you all made it out alright." Kite said with sincerity in her voice. The one over here was pretty nasty, too." She added. It wasn't uncommon for the red-pink Pegasus to get an early weather report, since her parents worked at a storm factory. And the young mare herself, unlike the others had been safe at she shop last night. In fact, her only real threat was the possibility of Patches, Joy's dragon assistant, having a panic attack since storms made him nervous (among other things), but even that wasn't a problem once he calmed down.

((OOC: Not sure if I'm allowed to just jump in, but if you need my oc, its here.))

Dusty Relic flew into the bustling city. Ponies were moving happily and heartily without a care in the world. She looked at the ponies, taking in everyones expressions. Everypony had a story in this town. She breathed in some air and smiled. "No place like home." She neighed. She glided downwards into the merchant square, where almost anything was sold. Next to a corn stand and a book cart, a space seemed to be missing a shop. It stood on it's own, and had a strange presence to it. Dusty trotted to the spot and lay out a brilliantly hoof-made carpet from her saddlebag. She sat down on it and began to lay out all sorts of goods. Idols, paintings, maps, fossils, gems, even one or two pieces of jewelry were in the spread. They looked old, but it added to its beauty. Dusty had finished her preparations, and set down a wooden signboard with the word ANTIQUES on it. She had finally put in one finishing touch. She grabbed a jug from the bag, and set it down. It was new, anyone can see, and TIPS were carved sloppily on it.

Looking around the square now, she noticed a group of ponies setting up shop as well. Newcomers were always a welcome guest, or a complete annoyance in Dusty's book. She looked at the three and noticed one with a piece sign cutie mark. "Huh." She looked at the shop that was being set up and noticed some strange objects. Maybe another archeologist? Dusty whipped her tail to flip over the sign to CLOSED, and put a sheet over everything. She hovered above the ground to the ponies. "'Allo! I noticed you were setting up shop, seems interesting. Are you a treasure hunter? I've never seen stuff like this before."

(ooc): Welcome to the RP, MephistoFiesta!

Mojo, Starflower and Jubilee looked up at the airborne Dusty Relic. Jubilee, the petite blonde Pegasus mare, flew up to greet her.

"Hi there! My pal Mojo sells all kinds of really cool hoofmade arts, crafts and other neat things. I'm Jubilee, by the way, love making new friends! See over here? This is our friend Whirlwind! Met her last night!"

"Greetings, fair lady!" the Paint stallion neighed. "Name's Mojo. Got me wagon full of lovely items like mood bracelets, lava lamps. hammacks and even books of me own poetry. C'mon down, you're more than welcome to have a look around."

Starflower watched from below, the taller light blue unicorn smiled as she greeted the newcomer.

"Hello there! Like Mojo said, there's lots of nice things to buy in the wagon."

((OOC: Normally I'd make a reply after Mojo, but I'll wait for Ancre to make a post since he was skipped. That is, if it's okay with him. :) ))

(ooc): You're right, it is Ancre's turn to post

"Well, the Nimbusgait Lakes are right under Cloudsdale," Whirlwind answered Swift Kite, "and because of that, it's always kinda wet. So yeah, it rained a lot. I don't know if it was a scheduled storm or just the way the place is, though." All the pink pony knew about the region was stuff she had learned in school ; she never went out of her hometown enough to see for herself how things were.

Whirlwind stopped talking about the weather to greet another pony. Mojo's stall was attracting attention it seemed, that was a good sign. The newcomer was a blue and white pegasus pony, a young mare a bit older than Whirlwind, with a strange bird for a cutie mark.

"Hello !" Whirlwind simply said, waving her able hoof, while the three other ponies greeted (or swarmed) the new pony with much more enthusiasm than her. Already lying on the roof of the wagon, the pegasus filly rested her head against her hooves. "Hey, what's your name ?" she finally added.

(Ooc : Welcome Dusty Relic ! I think we need a general ooc pm thread or something for this roleplay thread ! xD)

“Eh, I’m not too sure either.” Swift Kite replied to Whirlwind, “Even with the city’s runoff the weather’s kept under wraps, but you never know.” Before the conversation could continue a lean,navy and white Pegasus had flown towards Mojo’s cart. She appeared to be about Kite’s age, and the three ponies who greeted Kite also did the same for the second newcomer. The red-pink pony couldn’t help but stifle a small chuckle - not to be mean of course, as she honestly liked the trio’s unyielding exuberance.

As Whirlwind waved and said a simple ‘hello’ from the wagon’s roof, Swift Kite also waved a hoof and made a friendly smile at the new Pegasus. “Welcome to Mojo’s stand! I’m Swift Kite.” She greeted more calmly than the other three, but with more zeal than the younger light pink filly. The young mare cantered a few steps towards the direction of the hovering pony before Whirlwind asked her what her name was.

Dusty tipped her flatcap in greeting. "Dusty Relic, nice to meetcha." She looked down at the stand and zipped downwards, looking at all the objects on display. "Whoa! This stuff is amazing! I'd love one of these colored bubble tube things for my house! Can I have a blue one?" She asked excitedly, but her ears suddenly drooped. "Oh wait, I have no bits.. Can we trade?" She asked, rummaging through her bag. She finally emerged with a small necklace in her mouth. She dropped it on the stands deck tenderly. The necklace was decorated with an eagle with two small yellow gems for eyes. "This is a necklace I got on my last trip to the buffalo camp. It represents good luck and warding off evil. They call it the Eagle Eye charm."

(OOC: Shortpost is short.))