Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Tenkan

Been a Star Wars fan since childhood, and I'm loving the Clone Wars series!

They're releasing Season 4 episodes at the same time MLP's releasing Season 2 episodes! It's hard to watch them both as they're being released, since they're two completely different shows. :sleep:

I have a love/hate relationship with the Clone Wars series. If I wasn't a Star Wars fan, and I knew nothing about Star Wars in general, I think I would like it a lot more than I actually do. However, I can't help but feel that the series is ruining what's left of the richness of the Star Wars continuum. I mean...the entire arc involving "The Ones" was probably the single most stupid thing I have ever seen come out of the franchise as a whole. And that's saying a lot...because I've played the Force Unleashed...and that was pretty stupid. >_>

I see your point, Azna. Concerning the first Season of the Clone Wars, the show was going downhill. But from what I've seen, so far, it's gone a long way and has become something pretty awesome.

Nonetheless, it's up to you if you wanna watch it in the end, man. :D

And that's saying a lot...because I've played the Force Unleashed...and that was pretty stupid. >_>

Agreed...the Force Unleashed...was horrible. I don't wanna even think of it as canon to the SW universe. :twisted:

I'm not gonna lie. That was a REALLY awesome video, Tenkan.

As for the new Clone Wars series, I think it's pretty koo. At its base, it's pure Star Wars all the way. But NOTHING in the new series will EVER compare to Grevious Version 1.0, for shear, unadulterated, AWESOMENESS. EVER >:3

The greatest tragedy in Star Wars isn't Anakin's fall to the dark side but General Grevious' transformation from an unstoppable powerhouse into a wheezing robot who can't kill an unarmed Jedi.

I'm not gonna lie. That was a REALLY awesome video, Tenkan.

Thanks, Fawkes! I had fun making it. :D

As for the new Clone Wars series, I think it's pretty koo. At its base, it's pure Star Wars all the way. But NOTHING in the new series will EVER compare to Grevious Version 1.0, for shear, unadulterated, AWESOMENESS. EVER >:3

The greatest tragedy in Star Wars isn't Anakin's fall to the dark side but General Grevious' transformation from an unstoppable powerhouse into a wheezing robot who can't kill an unarmed Jedi.

Too true...

General Grievous was purely EPIC in his original appearance in the mini-series. That scene is unforgettable.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the Mortis episodes, recently, and it got me remembering how big of a reaction their was coming from the fans, considering those three episodes were all about if Anakin is really the chosen one.

What do you guys think?

*Warning: Contains spoilers of Season 3

(Sorry for the double post)

I always thought Star Wars: The Clone Wars was entertaining... Too bad we got rid of our live stream T.V. Animation was a little strange (in a not-so-good way), but I could sit through it without being bored to death.

I always thought Star Wars: The Clone Wars was entertaining... Too bad we got rid of our live stream T.V. Animation was a little strange (in a not-so-good way), but I could sit through it without being bored to death.

No more TV? But the internet has everything! You can just search it up and find whatever you want! ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've watched it a few times when it was on. It was definitely entertaining, but not enough to really hook me into serial viewership. I can also see how it could make a lot of Star Wars fans cringe. I suppose it would be the equivilent of making Friendship is Magic in rendered 3D instead of Flash -- how awkward would that be?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Umbara, Citadel, generally arcs focused on the Clones POV are best in the show since I really disliked the Jedi characters with the whole "I can use teh force lololol" which makes the Jedi...Uninteresting and mary sue-ish (but Obi-wan was still my favourite if I had to pick). I think I felt more for the clones like Rex, Cody and Domino Squad, especially Rex and Domino Squad.

The Umbara arc was awesome yet very eerie as it bore striking resemblances to Order 66 and I couldn't help but think the whole Clone vs Clone aspect was a shout out to the Horus Heresy in 40k...

• Like 1