Chatbox problem?

Rocky

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this...

I can click the "Chatbox" link on the side of the homepage, it opens the chatbox, but it is not working correctly... It comes up with a black box (where chatbox would be) and asks for my ickname and pass. I fill out both boxes, and it leads me to a blue screen with a small bar at the top for typing... Then I can't do anything from there. It stays that same blue color. I can type in the box, but hitting "send" would leave me with the same blank blue page.

Is anyone else getting this? Is there an obvious solution to this matter? Any help is greatly apreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Everything Skye said.

Plus, please be as accurately descriptive as possible... By 'Chatbox' you mean the icon that says 'Chat Room'? (need to make sure you're looking at the right website)

For us to help, you need to describe everything exactly as you see it. Otherwise we don't know what other items may be exaggerated or made-up.

Screen shots can also help.

Things to check:

None of those silly 'noscript' addons in your browser.

The Chat client is using Asynchronous Javascript and XML (AJAX) so be sure you have the latest version of Java installed.

Oh, yes... I meant the "Chatroom" when I said chatbox. Let me see about a screen shot...

@Skye: I will check that stuff out and give you an answere.

Sorry for not being very precise in my question... I'll get a screeny.

Sorry for double post!

After clicking chatroom link:

chatroomerror.jpg

After signing in:

chatroomerror2.jpg

Whenever I try to submit my post that I type in the small "typing box" (if you know what I mean), it vanishes...

Did you not notice that error message there on both your screen shots?

"To protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked...."

Read everything on your screen and follow your browser's instructions.

I've changed a few things.

Click on the ChatRoom icon on the front page now.

I did notice the error message, and I right clicked on it and clicked "show blocked content"... It brought me back to the page you see in the first screenshot. I'll go check it out now.

EDIT: Nope, still can't open it... Even after right clicking on the error message bar and selecting "Show blocked content"... Where can I go from here??

I'm having a similar problem...Correct password is entered, but it says bad password and shuffles me back to the log-in...I can't connect to the IRC at all, except directly through Mibbit.

I'm having a similar problem...Correct password is entered, but it says bad password and shuffles me back to the log-in...I can't connect to the IRC at all, except directly through Mibbit.

Remember that your password on the chat is not the same as the password on the forum until you have actually logged onto the chat for the first time and set it. Please see the 'Using the Chat' here: for more information on how to use the chat.

For the first time using the chat, do not enter a password into Mibbit. Just your user name. Once you've registered your nickname with Nickserv, then the next time you login you can put your password in.

However, if someone ELSE has your nickname already on the chat, you will have to pick a different nickname. The Chat is not directly hosted by Canterlot, it is actually hosted on Espernet's IRC servers, which actually has hundreds of other users on it that have no part in Canterlot. So if your nickname isn't working, try a different one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, still no fix for the Internet Explorer issue? I know getting another browser is the answer but considering IE is out there everywhere, shouldn't this be worked out?

One reason I ask is because I'm only allowed to use IE in the office. IE 9 to be exact. I can use firefox but if the IT guys find out I'm toast lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I may be off topic here, but chatbox sounds like the info below your avatar. I wanted to add some but can't find a place in my profile to do so.

I have looked through the FAQs and don't find any mention of it.

Please advise

jim

Hmm, still no fix for the Internet Explorer issue? I know getting another browser is the answer but considering IE is out there everywhere, shouldn't this be worked out?

One reason I ask is because I'm only allowed to use IE in the office. IE 9 to be exact. I can use firefox but if the IT guys find out I'm toast lol.

Please speak to Mibbit about supporting older browsers and Internet explorer.

We did not make the web-based clients.

If you're still stuck, please download a desktop client such as MiRC or other and use that instead, connecting to irc.esper.net on channel #canterlotcentral.

Final word.

Closing thread.