Turn Table

DJpinkypie

Name: Turn Table

Sex: male

Species: Earth Pony

Coat Color: Turn Table has a darker pink color to him but it is still very vibrant and full of life

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Turn table’s mane and tail are both jet black in color which adds just a little bit of edge to his appearance.

Eye Color: His eyes are a tad lighter shade of pink. but is usually found wearing his aviator-like sun glasses.

Cutie Mark: A spinning record, which hints at his talent being a DJ at parties.

Physique: Strong and athletic, but not overly large. Just a tad bit larger than a normal pony

Origin: The town of Prancling

Roleplay Type: mane RP

Occupation: Turn Table loves to be behind the turn tables and has made that into his living. He prides himself on being one of the top DJs in Equestria. (Just a tad bit of info he looks up to Vinyl Scratch as an idol that he wishes to aspire to.)

Motivation: Nothing gets Turn Table going like a good beat. Turns has been known to dance in the DJ booth and has even fell off it a couple times.

Likes: Turns tries to be as social as possible, that being said he can usually be found at his apartment working on his latest mix or taking a nap. He enjoys having a good time with his friends and is hard working at what he does.

Dislikes: Turn Table does not like “hater” ponies he does not believe in being a negative pony nor can he stand when other are. But other than that he gets along very well with most everypony.

Character Summary:

Turn Table was not a very popular foal in school he was always being picked on because of his color, though he never understood why. It was what he was born with, not a fashion statement. All the other foals were so cool that he rarely got invited to parties and things like that. Most all the other foals in school just either looked over him or made fun of the way he looked. But never the less Turn Table could not be mean to anypony and was, in fact, a big softy inside. Turns did not hate anypony who made fun of him. He respected everypony else’s opinion just as his Dam and Sire had instructed him to.

Turns missed his Sire so badly. He had lost him in train accident, and had missed him sorely ever since. He still has a hole in his heart to this day. His Dam tried so hard to fill in the gap but despite all that she did for Turns, she was not able to.

When Turns was finally able to make some friends he slowly began to fall in love with music. He loved to hear it and would stay up all night playing his Sire’s old records, it reminded turns of his father and made him feel warm inside.

One day at a party the DJ proclaimed that the party was lame and had just left and seeing as the equipment did not belong to the DJ, it was left there unattended.

Turn took the opportunity to play some of his Sire’s old records for his friends, but as he went to play them they were scratchy. So turns tried to do what the DJ before had done. He began to mix the beats. It took him a little while to match the rhythms, but what resulted was wonderful. All the other foals at the party began to dance and laugh again. This was Turns happiest moments and he still looks back on it fondly.

The following week Turns Dam bought his very own turntables and set him loose. Turns was instantly hooked. He began scratching and mixing until he made a wonderful beat to rival that of some of the best DJs ever.

Slowly but surely, after that, Turns became more and more popular. He was still picked on about his color but only by those who were jealous of him, mostly the bigger foals. Turns turned to sports to release all of his pent up anger and was a tremendous athlete until he broke his leg. That’s when his DJing career took off like a rocket. Since he was no longer able to participate in sports he worked even harder on his music, perfecting his style. He worked hard and put many hours into his trade. Sometime during his teenage years, he began making mix tracks that people bought from him. This only compelled him even farther into the music industry and that also when his cutie mark , his trademark spinning record, appeared.

He was so overjoyed that day that he almost drove his Dam into wall when he got home that day.

Turns had officialy became DJPink. He began making even more friends but still made time for all of his old friends to. They, after all were what got him going, well outside his Dam of course. To this day he is loyal to his friends and still enjoys his craft as much as he did on day one.

Hello there. I would like to lend a helping hoof with this character if I may. First things first, I don't know if his pseudonym will work, since it is already a pony's name, Pinkie Pie. Although his real name seems alright to me. Also Danton is correct, you should change the topic to match the pony's actual name, this helps the staff out, and people who are looking for your character to read up on him. You can, however, use the tag system to add extra tags to the topic, that way when someone searches for his pseudonym they will find his app! Next up, Ponyville is getting a little crowded these days, maybe he could be based out of another town or city? There are many fine ones all through out Equestria that he could call home. Now this does not mean that he can not visit Ponyville, or anywhere on the map for that matter, it only means that his abode will be in the other city of your choosing. The Character summary is the next part you might want to add a little to. Quicklime is correct, in that matter, Why was he picked on? Even if your character does not know, the narrator (you) should know. Maybe this was his motivation to play music in the first place? Adding a little more to the story of his youth will definitely help the application. When you add something to a pony's background you give the character depth and dimension. It gives the character a place to base all of their actions and aspirations out of. His cuite-mark story needs a little more meat on it as well, I would say. You have the basic outline of what happened but it is just lacking that little extra something. There is nothing saying that he can not be a natural at Jockeying but he seems to have picked it up rather quickly for a pony that had never been around a turntable before. Maybe you could have him struggle at first with it, hone his skill a little, then put on a great show? Just an idea to make him seem a little more realistic.

Again, Quicklime is correct, There is not internet in Equestria. Skye outlined the current level of technology in Equestria very nicely here and electricity here, if you want to give that a look over I'm sure it will help. One last thing, please type up your posts in a word processing program, or a browser that has spell-checking capabilities, I know I am horrid at spelling sometimes and using these devices will help the overall quality and presentation of your posts and applications in the future!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

• Like 1

"Sometime during his teenage years, he began making mix tracks that people bought from him. This only compelled him even farther into the music industry and that also when his cutie mark , his trademark spinning record, appeared. "

Instead of "teenage years", it should be "colt years". That is the only area I see as a problem and I can going to trust you to make that quick fix. :) Looks like you modded the app to the advice QuickLime and pony_sage gave out and its looking good. :)

For Great Justice! :D

AppAssessed.png