A Short Vacation [Open]

GhostGirl

Stormy shuffled her hooves as she stood at the gate to Cloudsdale. It'd been years since she'd set hoof on the clouds of her home, and she wasn't sure she was quite ready to return... However, she'd been ordered by the weather team back home that she needed to take a break. This seemed like the perfect chance to visit her father again, though he was busy in the weather factory for the moment. The pegasus figured she'd wander around Cloudsdale for a while before returning to her father's house.

Sighing briefly, the blue pegasus started into town, walking down memory lane, as it were. She saw ponies at work, and ponies at play, and she glanced up at the flight school for a few moments as well. She fondly remembered her weather classes there, and almost wanted to pay a visit to her old teacher, but thought perhaps she should at least wait until classes were out. Instead, she went wandering deeper into the city, to see anything that may have changed or was perhaps new. A few little shops had sprung up, and as she continued walking, Stormy lost herself in thoughts and memories.

She thought about storms, and her upcoming schedule with the weather team, and she thought about her father, and her school, and she thought about how she still couldn't really say that she knew anypony. She had always had few friends, and even after recovering from her mother's death, Storm hadn't really bothered to get to know anypony except her father. It was odd, and she came to the conclusion that this was something she needed to rectify. When she looked up, she realized that while she'd been lost in her thoughts, she managed to lose herself in Cloudsdale. The city had expanded apparently, and Stormy had no idea how or when she'd wandered into this unfamiliar new section. The fright that was just beginning to overtake her, however, was averted by a sudden hunger, and the pegasus sat down and stared around, confused, wondering where that smell of fresh baked bread was coming from.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: I consider the events here to precede this)

He would say it felt good to be home, well not really

LightWind wandered the streets of Cloudsdale reminiscing. The flight school where he had to restrain himself for fear of attracting unwanted attention, the cloud fields where he had spent most of his colthood flying leisurely around that inadvertently made him the stallion he is today.....

He would have visited his parents, but they being themselves were most likely to be out working and he wasn't sure how they'd react to him and his newfound direction in life. But then again, that not being an option left him with the freedom to wander around the city and retake in the sights and sounds with a newfound worldview

Lost in his thoughts, he soon found himself in an unfamiliar part of the city. “Oh well, why the heck not, its not like I have to be anywhere like right now”, LightWind thought as he wandered down the unfamiliar streets; and was that bread he smelled?

After a moment, Stormy seemed to catch a second wind. With a renewed determination to wander around some more, if only to find that delicious-smelling bread, up she was, following her nose. She took several steps before the smell overtook her, and she closed her eyes, her nose in the air, as she continued to walk towards it. It wasn't long, though, before she stopped short, not because she'd found the source of the scent, but because she'd run into somepony as she rounded a corner.

"Oh! Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I hadn't seen you there!" She pulled herself up and brushed herself off as she spoke, a wisp of cloud still caught in her mane. "Are you alright?"

Languid as he appeared, LightWind always secretly prided himself in his eye for noticing the small stuff when flying; the way he flapped his wings, the way he needed to tuck his hooves depending on whether he wanted to be fast or mobile and his near perfect timing when pulling out of dives and swerving that made his stunts so mouth watering to others and simple to him

Unfortunately, none of that applied to walking normally and stuff around corners that he couldn't see, and before he knew it he was on his rump.

"Are you alright?" he heard somepony call, snapping him out of his daze.

Looking up, he noticed a bluish teal pony staring at him with a cloud leaking out of her saddlebag and whisping by her mane

"Oh no. A weather pony" he thought, remembering the bad rep he had gotten while working in weather control. "I hope to Celestia she dosn't recognize or know me, company is not something I want right now"

Shaking his head and getting up slowly, he mummered an "I'm ok"