Sand, Sun and Surf!

BlueBolt

Early Morning on Gallopocus Island, A time before the beaches were overly crowded and the surfers were few. Morning had begun and as far as Blue Bolt could tell, today was going to be just another day on the island.

She took a deep breath as she stood on one of the beaches – a Storm was supposed to reach the island in a few days time and she’d arrived early to hang out and take in the familiar sights and activities of her island home. One of her favorites, of course, was ‘surfing’; that is, riding the air currents above the water with the waves.

She spotted a larger wave gathering not far from shore, perfect for surfing, and spread her wings, taking flight to go greet the wave with a grin. “All right den, wave. Do your worst, mon!" she challenged it, turning quickly back towards shore as the current created by the wave pushed at her wings and she fought it to stay on top of the water. Her style of surfing might not be typical, but it was good pratice and fun all in one!

• Like 1

Today was a great day to be in the water at Gallopocus island, the water was warm and the waves were fun to ride in. This was Crystal Glow's most favourite vacation spots in all of Equestria; the sun was always shinning, there was always some sort of wave to ride on and the ponies were so relaxed! Even her best friend Jel the jellyfish enjoyed the islands almost as much as she did.

"Hey Jel watch this!" she called over her shoulder swimming towards the surface of the water planning to ride the wave. Crystal breached the surface a little too fast and collided with somepony her and the unknown object crashed into the water with a huge splash. Rubbing her sore head the hippocamp apologized "I'm so so sorry, I had no idea that anypony was riding the wave and I should of paid attention and I'm so sorry!"

• Like 1

Blue Bolt never would have expected something to come up out of the water like that. The surprise had tripped her up and landed her in the water. When she surface and shook her head, she noticed somepony apologizing. She laughed a bit though.

"No worries, Mon, It's all chill.” She said, shaking her mane out a bit. “Are ya alright, mon? Din’ get hurt, did ya?” she asked – ah well, so her surfing would have to wait, the water was nice at least. “No injuries I hope?

• Like 1

Flareworks was at the beach for a vacation. Her pet dragon, Flick was burrowing in the sand. "Don't be like that! Come out and play silly." The dragon came out and trotted behind Flareworks.

She then saw two ponies. "Hey guys." She saw one pony's concerned face. "What happened?"

• Like 1

"No injuries here, just a bruised nose from the collision but that's just minor." Crystal replied happily swimming circles around the pegasus getting a better look at here. "Although I'm inclined to ask why a pegasus such as yourself was so close to the water. I thought you creatures preferred to stay high in the sky" stopping in front of the other mare at the end of her sentence, her violet eyes wide with wonder.

Crystal Glow was about to say something else when she heard shouting coming from the shore, turning towards shore, Crystal waved a hoof at the orange coloured mare "Yea everything is fine!" she shouted back turning back to the pegasus "I guess we should head back to shore, huh? My name is Crystal Glow by the way, but Crystal or Glow will do just fine"

Blue Bolt waved a hoof at the orange mare on the shore with a grin before glancing at Crystal again. "Ah, where be my manners, mon. I'm Blue Bolt, tis nice ta meet ya." Blue Bolt replied, beginning to swim to shore. "An I like surfin', tis fun and good exercise for when tings get a bit rough up dere during storms, mon." she replied, motioning up to the sky with her nose a bit.

As she made it to shore and climbed out of the water she shook herself off a bit, concentrating more on shaking the extra water from her feathers. "Hey dere, mon!" she addressed the orange mare. "Every ting’s alright, just a bit of a mid-wave collision, mon. No harm done."

• Like 1

Crystal Glow dragged herself up to the shore following the pegasus, she felt a little out of place seeing as she's the only non-pegasi among the group. Flipping her fin idly she replied "That sounds pretty nice, but I don't need any armour, plus it would be hard to swim about under water if I was weighted down by the metal. Thanks for the offer though."

She sat quiet for a second thinking of what to say "So. . . uh what brings you two down here to the Islands? I thought all pegasi lived and stayed in Cloudsdale" she asked genuinely curious. Crystal has never spent much time with the other species of ponies other than earth ponies, instinctively she grabbed her pad and pencil preparing to write down any of the things she might discover.

• Like 1

"Ohhh. Um, I'm on vacation. I just needed some cool air. Being in the back of a black smith shop, can get pretty warm." Flareworks replied with a slight smile. Flick went up and thrummed happily at Crystal. "Get back here silly!" Flareworks giggled. Flareworks raised her eyebrow at the pad and pencil, but to each her own.

• Like 1

Blue Bolt stared at the fin of Crystal glow, having never seen a pony with a fin before. "Um.. I was born and raised here on de islands, mon. Dey is home for me but I travel wherever de storms go... You must really love to swim, mon, to grow a fin like dat!" she said, trotting over to Crystal Glow to inspect the fin. "Is it magic? Some kind of spell?" she asked, curious.

Crystal scribbled down what the mares were saying, adding the occasion head nod or saying 'Fascinating'. She looked up at the pegasi and said "You know one time I was visiting these lovely lakes called Nimbusgait Lakes, and while I was there I met this lovely pegasus stallion called Mobius and he had a rather large set of beautiful wings. Although I look at yours and they seem normal sized. . . . how interesting I will have to give that stallion a letter sometime." she started to ramble on until a little dragon thrummed onto her fin.

She turned to look at the baby dragon interested "Oh my I've seen sea serpents before, but never a land dragon how interesting. . . ." she started a little sketch for it until the blue pegasus named Blue bolt asked of her fin. Flipping her fin about she giggled "Oh no, no, no, my good mare, see I am a hippocamp we are ponies with fins! No magic required it was how I was born just like how you were born with wings. I must ask though how do you surf the waves and is it something all pegasi do?" she looked at Flareworks as she asked.

"Well, as I said, I'm a blacksmith. But I can surf. And I know some of my good customers surf, so yeah, it's a really cool hobby. Flick, is a coal dragon dragon, not an earth dragon, he's supposed to live in a volcano, but uhh, he's not exactly a pure breed. He's a water and coal dragon. He could've died if they were in exact balance, but luckily, he's more water." Flareworks replied. Hearing his name, Flick perched up. "He's quite a silly little dragon." Flareworks tossed her head in a gesture she taught Flick to do a trick to. "Watch this!" Flareworks exclaimed. Then, Flick turned into serpent and crawled into the water. Flareworks watched with a content streak to her face as her created a huge wave. " Blue Bolt, that one's for you. Crystal, just wait one sec-" Flareworks was cut off as Flick made another wave.

• Like 1

Blue Bolt watched the little Dragon wander off into the water. "I use my wings instead of a surfboard, dey get a good workout dat way, mon." She replied to Crystal. "Hooves on de water, wings to stay on top of it, and de rest is following de waves. Tis like de whole ocean is a surfboard dat way."

She glanced at Flairworks when the other pegasus mentioned a trick, then looked out to the water to see the wave little dragon had made. "Whoa! Dat's amazing, mon!" she exclaimed with a huge grin, jumping up a bit before taking to the air, flying out to meet the wave. She touched her hooves to the waters surface and flapped her wings to keep above it, letting the waves crest guide her where to go, as if on a real surfboard. Leaning this way or that to keep her balance. “Woohoo!!”

"Pretty cool, huh? He learned to do that up in the pool we have. First time he's been to the ocean too." Flareworks told Crystal. Flick came back, water was rolling off his body like a waterfall. He then collapsed in a heap and started snoring. Flareworks quickly nudged him onto her back and while he lay sleeping, watched Blue Bolt surfing. Flareworks was glad that she had just found two new friends, because all of her other friend, were her best costumers.

Crystal looked at the wave in amazement "Wow, that's amazing what such a small creature can do" quickly she began to scribble down notes of the little dragons ability. She watched Blue Bolt surf for a while, watching the mare the glide across the wave was a most thrilling site, Crystal drew a small sketch of the two mares for future references writing down the names under each picture.

She looked up at the sky to see where the position of the sun was, seeing it was almost sun high Crystal quickly put her stuff away into her saddle back. "I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it seems as if it's almost time for me to go to my other arrangement. Do tell Blue Bolt I hope to see her again near these islands real soon! I also enjoyed our little chat and hopefully you will come down from Cloudsdale to visit me at the Hoofington dock sometime." and with that Crystal dragged herself back into the water and swam off with her best friend Gel right beside her.