Got a New Monitor: I'm an Idiot...

ShadowMage

I recently acquired a new monitor, 24-ish iches, LCD flat-screen, 1080p. All that good stuff. If you want to check it out, here it is. Turns out it was really damn nice for the price.

It came in the mail, I hooked it up and it was beautiful. I decided to run TF2 and see how it looked. Beautiful beyond compare. I started running through some of my favorite games, checking out how they looked, they looked so great, all of them.

Just abit ago, I started loading a FiM video on YouTube in 1080p: THIS IS THE GREATEST USE OF MY NEW MONITOR EVER!

My question: WHY didn't I think of this SOONER?!

hi hi

You're rarely going to get good color reproduction on a Twisted Nematic LCD, which is what most people can afford. Thats why I prefer good old CRTs for doing work ((and also because I can't afford a good In Plane Switching LCD)) its just a shame that CRTs are such power hogs and don't come in widescreen formats.

I do have a 1080 monitor, but trying to watch HD movies makes my ancient video card choke. :( Maybe someday they'll come out with a DVD box set.

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean, Deathsongx3. My desktop is a load of crap. It has a terrible memory. Can't fit much without it starting to lag so I have to delete stuff a LOT. Even when doing that, it's STILL slow. Luckily I'm getting a new laptop soon. Although, my last Gateway laptop, was terrible. Every time I moved it just a little, it would turn off! >:(