The Snow Relations[Invite Only]

VinylScratch

Snow Drift stood outside the modern domain of Stalliongrad, gazing upon its contemporary and futuristic buildings and factories. Her suitcases stood by her side as she stood on the platform with her adopted daughter, Powdered Snow. The wind blew her sun hat a little sideways while she thought up all her wonderful plans and ideas to bring to the CEO here.

Work on clouds and snow will take shorter, be cheaper. Airships will allow even earth ponies and unicorns to help us.

She didn't know really how her ideas would be accepted, but her mind was in a state of glee ever since she received the invitation about a month to go. She was getting an opportunity to leave Cloudsdale, give her foal a real vacation of somewhat. Her dreams of expanding snow industry were growing, even the CEO of Northern Storms wanted to meet her. A whistle screamed off in the distance and she snapped back into reality.

"Mommy, are we going to get going?" Her foal's enthusiasm was always shocking to her, being a single mom, not even being the real mother, whoever that was. The CEO, Snowfall, said she'd meet them near the carriage station at around 4. Snow Drift looked at her watch which read "3:55". Perhaps Snowfall would already be there.

"Come on, Powdy, we're going to meet Snowfall." As they walked down the stairs, Snow Drift found herself amused with the similarity of their names, them being all snow related. They arrived at the bottom level with their luggage and spotted the businesspony. "Miss Snowfall?" Snow Drift asked, walking up to her "It's me, Snow Drift, and my daughter."

Snowfall was surprised when the meeting she had been set up for that day had appeared on her itinerary. It was a meeting with one of the chief weather ponies in Cloudsdale when it came to winter weather. Northern Storm Industries didn't have a presence in Cloudsdale and she really didn't have much of an opinion of the city. She had always found the very idea of the city somewhat antiquated. A city in the skies where only winged creatures can tread; even as a pegasus, that sort of exclusivity had always rubbed Snow the wrong way. The spirit of a city like Stalliongrad, where ponies of all sorts lived together with dragons and even griffins was much more her style.

Though she supposed Cloudsdale did make use of some machinery. It wasn't like Canterlot where unicorn magic made it all redundant. Pegasus magic was different; it didn't have as many applications. Machinery could still help them make their weather factories and such more efficient. Still, the pegasi of the cloud city struck Snowfall largely as being too traditionally minded. There were absolutely no plans to ever build an NSI branch building on a cloud at the very least.

That's why this meeting had been a surprise for her. It was unusual for a Cloudsdale weather pony to get in contact with them. It was even more unusual that the request for a meeting by one be deemed worthy of Snow's attention. She was interested to hear what this all was about.

Snowfall found herself at the designated meeting spot early. Just a few minutes before the set time, a pegasus approached her. To Snowfall's shock, she was not alone. No, at her side was a child. The mare was black-pelted and blue-maned and had snowflakes for her cuite mark. The foal at her side was gray and white in color, her flank still bare. The mare approached Snow and introduced herself as Snow Drift. Snowfall smiled at the other ponies.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. Welcome to Stalliongrad. I look forward to hearing the ideas you wrote us about," Snowfall said in a kind voice. "I am Snowfall. I'd ask you to call me simply Snow, but that might get confusing for all of us." the pegasus added as a joke, giving a small chuckle.

Though this was a simple joke, the obvious similarity in names did have Snowfall thinking. it was actually quite possible they were related, either distantly or less distantly. On her father's side the family traced all that way back to the founding of Stalliongrad, but before that they had roots in Cloudsdale. Her mother, Crystal Snowflake, on the other hand, had actually been born in Cloudsdale, and into a family of winter weather ponies no less, but had lost contact with most of her family after she married and moved to Stalliongrad.

Snow Drift giggled at the icy blue pony's remark. "Yes and I think my daughter's name, Powdered Snow, may also cause some trouble." she replied. She looked down at her daughter, who smiled at the mention of her name to such a businesspony. "May we take our luggage to our motel? After that I would be very pleased to discuss with you some ideas and see your fine city." Snow Drift asked.

What an unorthodox approach to a business meeting; that's all Snowfall could think. Usually the clients just met her in an office. This pony sounded like she wanted a full Stalliongrad tour, and she really seemed intent to bring the child along Snow didn't mind. Offices were boring, and she had a bottomless pride for her city anyway. She loved getting a chance to show it off. In a way, that was even more exciting than the business meeting in the first place.

"As you please," Snow responded to Snow Drift's request with a polite smile. "I'll wait for your return."

Snow took another look at the filly. "And so it's Powdered Snow? That's a nice name," she added. "i hope you'll have fun today."

So that made it three Snow ponies in one place? How unusual.

"I will. Thank you, miss" Powdered Snow said, using her manners her mother always got on her tail for. One time this trip, those ideals will be lost Snow Drift thought. Snow Drift started to feel a little unprecedented with asking a tour instead of going to an actual office. The thing was, she didn't want to be stuck in an office, even when she was back in Cloudsdale. She couldn't stand being stuck in a constraint, little room. Plus, the wonders of the city awaited her to find and Snowfall would be a great companion for that. Her name passed her mind once again: How funny that is. The winter ponies in Cloudsdale are abundant but here? "Why don't you come along with us to the Barnside Hotel, Miss Snow? We can walk in, leave our stuff, and go site seeing." She smiled, not wanting Snowfall to wait here by herself at this rugged train station. The airship stuff could wait a day, Snow Drift didn't get out that often with supporting a kid and a somewhat 'vacation' would be nice. "Any idea for a restaurant? All they had on the train were grain packets."