Favorite Video Game Franchises

Puck

Hmm, this is kinda tough. Lesse...

Zelda (Ocarina is my favorite, but they're all fun)

Mass Effect (Pure epic space opera goodness)

Super Smash Brothers

Fallout (1 will always be best)

The Elder Scrolls (Especially Morrowind)

Warcraft (Grudgingly. I hate WoW, but I keep going back, and I certainly sunk enough time into each Warcraft RTS when they came out.)

Super Smash Brothers

Warcraft (Grudgingly. I hate WoW, but I keep going back, and I certainly sunk enough time into each Warcraft RTS when they came out.)

You Tempest, have pretty great taste, it's hard finding people these days who like Warcraft over WoW. *high hoof to that* :3

My favorite franchise has always been Zelda. I love universe it's in, the themes involved, and Link as a character.

Others are "Ratchet & Clank" and "Viewtiful Joe". I wish the 3rd Viewtiful Joe game would be developed.

That said, my favorite game of all time is "God Hand". It's a street brawler game much like Streets of Rage, just 3D and very goofy. Look it up if you want to know more.

Super Smash Brothers

You Tempest, have pretty great taste, it's hard finding people these days who like Warcraft over WoW. *high hoof to that* :3

Im with you there I like the warcraft games myself. Now for the other franchises I like.

mass-effect_275.jpg

of course Mass Effect my top favorite of all time

Legend of Zelda series (playing a link to the past right now)

Pokemon(hopefully getting black with the NDS light I'm getting for my birthday on the 18th)

Smash Brothers

The Elder Scrolls (cant wait for skyrim)

Fallout

Diablo games (cant wait for 2)

Never Winter Nights

and of course the Warcraft games (played 1,2, and 3 with 3s expansion pack)

Oh man, Brawler, I totally forgot about Pheonix Wright and Professor Layton, too. Awesome games.

I'm far too much of a story gamer. I don't play games to blow things up and be awesome, I play games to get a story out of it. As such, I'm an absolute SUCKER for visual novel games and puzzle games with an overarching story.

I was so upset when I found out that the sequel to Hotel Dusk wasn't being localized.

I'm an absolute SUCKER for visual novel games and puzzle games with an overarching story.

*squints eyes*

name me 5 non-Phoenix VNs you've played....

also, you can always blow **** up with an awesome story on the back (Resistance says Hi!) :mrgreen:

Meh, I meant Interactive Fiction, so sue me.

Hotel Dusk

All five episodes of SBCGFAP

Time Hollow

Trace Memory

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (The only reason that I throw this in here is because you have no attack feature, and I would call that interactive fiction as well as survival horror [However, I've only played the demo])

Yeah, I don't do hentai. Sorry, but I have particular beliefs about stuff like that. I'm more referring to any video game that puts more emphasis on story than gameplay.

Sonic - Easily my favorite franchises, I've been I die-hard fan for nearly 20 yrs now.

Megaman

Castlevania

Metal Slug

Devil May Cry/Bayonetta

Ratchet and Clank

Zone of the Enders

Oh yes~! Another Metal Slug fan~! RAWKEHT LAWNCHA!

So many ponies here with awesome taste in games. ^^

Spyro the dragon is my favorite VG Franchise. However, it has recently been 'renewed' with a new interesting toy-to-game development, a lot of long time fans have rejected it's introduction based on looks of poor character design, recycled gameplay, and a somewhat cheap attempt to grab a fan base using Spyro as a hook, instead of making the game about him anways.

I, for one, entertain the idea that this game could be the next big thing. It releases in the Fall. We'll just have to see.

http://skylandersgame.com/

Oh man, Brawler, I totally forgot about Pheonix Wright and Professor Layton, too. Awesome games.

I'm far too much of a story gamer. I don't play games to blow things up and be awesome, I play games to get a story out of it. As such, I'm an absolute SUCKER for visual novel games and puzzle games with an overarching story.

I was so upset when I found out that the sequel to Hotel Dusk wasn't being localized.

Gonna get the Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton crossover?

Spyro the dragon is my favorite VG Franchise. However, it has recently been 'renewed' with a new interesting toy-to-game development, a lot of long time fans have rejected it's introduction based on looks of poor character design, recycled gameplay, and a somewhat cheap attempt to grab a fan base using Spyro as a hook, instead of making the game about him anways.

I, for one, entertain the idea that this game could be the next big thing. It releases in the Fall. We'll just have to see.

Spyro died the same instant insomniac got done with it and whoever was it (activision?) took afterwards, dont get yourself any hope for ANYTHING that comes anytime soon with that name.

same case as Crash Bandicoot(better than Spyro, problem?) when Naughty Dog lost it (srsly, crash bash was the dullest piece of boring **** of the ps1 era :evil: )

Oooohh, I've got lots'a favorites, but I think I'm just gonna say Mario is my favorite franchise, since it pretty much taught me everything a game needs to be fun since I was young.

Honorable mentions:

The Legend of Zelda

Metroid

Donkey Kong Country

Mega Man (Classic and X)

Gonna get the Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton crossover?

YES

OH GOOD HEAVENS YES YOU HAVE NO IDEA I WILL GET THE JAPANESE VERSION IF IT IS NOT LOCALIZED

Spyro died the same instant insomniac got done with it and whoever was it (activision?) took afterwards, dont get yourself any hope for ANYTHING that comes anytime soon with that name.

same case as Crash Bandicoot(better than Spyro, problem?) when Naughty Dog lost it (srsly, crash bash was the dullest piece of boring **** of the ps1 era :evil: )

There's no doubt that the original trilogy of the franchise was the best time for Spyro. However, I have played all 13 console and hand held Spyro games, and the 'other' ones sometimes have a charm to it. I enjoyed Spyro even after Year of the Dragon.