Doctor Whooves project!

Nite Frite the Scare Mare

Hi everypony! I was thinking about doing a Doctor whooves related project as a love Doctor Who and MLP. It will star Derpy and The Doctor with the main cast supporting and a few new characters as supporting cast and antagonists. Old enemies will also return too.

What I'm planning requires a lot of sprite work and i was wondering if anyone would be interested in giving me a hand. I've done a few sprites using my own imagination and a template of a guy I can't quite find directly, but I'll be sure to give them credit when I find them! I've tried to do projects like this on my own before, even going so far as to half construct my own Sonic game, and I thaught it might be fun to do it with some other people for a change. I think what whent wrong last time was that I tried to do too much by myself and it drove me a little bit potty. If other people give me a hand, I belive that together we can create something great!... Or fail miserabley, but still have fun along the way! If you're interested please let me know by posting on the forum or messaginging me. Thanks :)

I've attached a few sprites I've done already to this post.

NOTE: I'm currently asuming that these sprites are fine to use so long as cridit is given as they are templates, but I'll try and get direct permision when I find this person just to be safe. If I can't find this person specificaly, I'll just use another template creator.

Sorry, after much fuss and tracking down I have found the origional creator of the sprite sheets, as well as a couple of pretenders, and he has refused me and anyone else permission to use them, wich sucks but it is his work. The project will still go ahead, but with different sprites I think. If anyone could tell me how to remove the pictures from a post i would be very gratefull.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.desktopponies.com/1_4_FAQ.html

Q. I'm working my own project; can I use some of the art from this one?

A. If you properly and prominently credit either the individual artists (see the art credits page) or the project as a whole so that no reasonable person would think that you created the art in question, then yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just uploading some sprites I have done so far for my (hopfully) up and comming 16 bit game: Doctor Whooves and the league of chaos.

They are by no means final, though I am pretty happy with Whooves himself and derpy, though the hourglass could use a touch up.

To clarify an earlier question, I do need sprite artists, character designers, animators, story ideas, script writers and story editors. I have loads of ideas, but they could do with some refining. I also need a new fridge because mine has broken.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, please do post or PM me. If no-one does, then I shall soldier on undaunted, but it shall take sooo much longer.

You don't need to know much about Doctor Who to lend a hoof, it is mainly a pony thing after all :D I never thaught about having voice actors for the game, though that would be awsome, even if just for character sound effects in-game! So, who can you voice? I can do a good Joker and a cracking Starscream, but I don't think those voices will help here.

I'm really impressed that you can do so many voices! I couldn't load all of the voice clips due to my computer hating me, but I loved your Applejack and Fluttershy, and your Scootaloo voice was realy spot-on! I don't want to start coralling voice actors just yet, as I want to get more of the game done first, but if it turns out I can use VAs (and I really want to) your name shall be first on the list :D

A note to any who are interested, but mainly to MyLittlePonyTales. I will take a leave of absence from Bronying untill I have finished these acursed exams, or at least the big ones. I'll get back to work on the game and what not as soon as time allows. Feel free to badger me about it after january 27th as I do sometimes forget and procrastinate. Anyways, hope you 'orrible lot had a good Christmas :)

• 1 month later...

Hey there just putting in a my two cents worth, if you need another voice actor with an Australian accent I'll be more than happy to help. If not I could give some advice on anything relating to doctor who or editing scripts (I've edited quite a few things in my bronified career). Anyway good luck on your doctor who quest

Why thank you Haserman. I love australian acents, they're my second favorate after german! I'm still not sure if I can get voices to work properly on te game yet, but once I ca definatley say one way or the other I shall you know. And I will appriciate any help on scripts/stories I can get.

Awesome I would love to help just tell me what you'll need me to do. Also sorry for the late reply I just got swamped by school work (and its only the first week).