Stallion

Species:

Unicorn

Eye color:

Brown

Coat color:

White

Mane/Tail/Markings color and style:

Mane and Tail are brown, mane slicked back and tied in a ponytail, hanging off to his left-hoof side.

Accessories:

Eyeglasses

Physique:

Average/ non-athletic

Cutie Mark:

Comic Explosion

dd0q6v.jpg

Reference pic:

jqn6g1.jpg

Origin/Residence:

Manehattan

Comic and Commission artist

Motivation:

To someday have his prized creation, The Adventures of Rex Stallion, hit shelves in bookstores! Get published! Then possibly create merch for the comic series and maybe get some show deals out of it! Get the bits rolling in and have his genius as a comic artist recognized. Of course it'll be a continueing series, which will force him to do what he loves anyway: drawing comics.

Character Summary:

History:

Sketch Troy was born in Manehattan and very rarely left the city. He and his close circle of friends were often the 'goofballs' of class, however as time went on Sketch found himself more distracted with doodling than classroom shenanigans. No pony in Equestria can count how many times he had to write 'I will not doodle in class' in the blackboard. Throughout his entire schooling, he managed to slip y grade-wise, though had become known as the resident 'artist'. He found inspiration everywhere around him! Something interesting going on outside, something the teacher said or did, or many something he was reading in a textbook. No matter the source of his inspiration, he was always drawing something.

Parents:

His father was former Honor Guard Sergeant Celer Troy, a Marksman and Scout of Order II. Though Celer didn't see much combat as one would think, he still had several stories to share. In fact, his stories helped inspire the design of Sketch's favorite character, Rex Stallion, off the mental image of his father being a war hero in the Honor Guard. He was a resident of Manehattan, where he and his wife returned to live out his retirement. For Sketch's childhood, his father was of course quite the disciplinarian. Though despite getting on his case about many of his mishaps and shortcomings, Sketch came to understand that his father only wished to see him succeed, and he was only berated because his father cared about said success.

His mother, Cookie Crumbles, was a Baker residing in Stalliongrad and was renowned for her apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies. While at the time Corporal Troy was on leave in Stalliongrad, he ran into the baker at her roadside stand, giving away free samples. Though of course, the stallion was more in love with the baker than her cookies. For Sketch, she was of course a guardian to him, sharing advice and supporting him during the toughest of times. Sketch plans to credit his mother for her phenomenal encouragement should his comic be published.

Cutie Mark History:

As said before, Sketch loved to draw. However, as he grew a bit older, his little doodles soon became little comic strips that he and his friends often enjoyed. Over time, when his father was telling him stories about his time in the military, those comics became more action-oriented, and even a bit violent. Of course, his teachers were highly against violent material. They often confiscated his drawings and punished him, saying they wanted to teach love and compassion! Not violence and war!

Of course, when he tried to draw in secret, he could often be found in the corner during lunch and recess, drawing little comics on paper. Over time, the other fillies and colts often taunted him or stole his comics to mock him, his drawings, and his skill as an artist. Finding adversity for his work at every turn, he almost started to give up drawing entirely. However, his mother was actually supportive of his drawing, while his father told him to drop his silly doodles and focus on his studies.

His mother told him that he should pursue what makes him happy, and she could not count a day where he didn't have a smile on his face while drawing at home.

Coming toward the end of the school year, he was presented an opportunity to show everyone that he was going to draw, and that he was good at it! His school was hosting a free writers competition, encouraging authors to 'be creative'. With a week to go, he set to work. Looking over all the doodles and little strips he had, he drew issue #1 of The Adventures of Rex Stallion! A fearless action hero who did battle against the evil paramilitary organization, Apostasy!

Fighting, robots, explosions, dialogue! For five days straight he did nothing but draw and color, the sequence of events playing out in his head and appearing on paper! The comic was 32 pages long and fully colored when he turned it in to the judges. After the following weekend, the judges returned with their decision. Of course, Sketch had noticed that nearly everypony in school had submitted something, as the winner got 100 bits and a chance to have an audience with a symposium of some of Equestria's greatest authors.

Everyone was on edge as the head judge, a dramatic writer, gave his speech, saying that everypony did very well, and it was a difficult decision. But after a long pause... the winner was announced...

"The Adventures of Rex Stallion!"

Everyone was shocked, Sketch included!

"Now, I'm not one for picture books... or comics, rather, but this is simply marvelous! Such creativity in the futuristic setting, the solid and likable characters! Action! Drama! Suspense! I can't put it down!" Of course, the judge may have overexagerated, but at the time Sketch was beside himself with joy. Someone liked what he drew! The comics that he loved to draw so much was entertaining someone!

Of course, everyone wished to look through his winning book, eyes glued to every page with chuckles and gasps where appropriate. It gave him a great feeling of satisfaction that at last, something he had drawn was being appreciated by his peers! He wanted to draw more, just so he could experience the satisfaction of everyone being entertained by his work. In fact, it became a drive for him. And just like that, his Cutie Mark appeared! His Cutie Mark, in the form of a comic book explosion, reminds him constantly of that day, and gives him the proper drive to pursue his dream of getting published and famous for his comics!

Flaws/Fortes:

As a colt, he enjoyed drawing, but outside of his circle of friends he was scrutinized for it, even looked down upon in some cases. That, and he also wasn't overly athletic, often turning down invitations for him to join a game. But with motivation from his mother, his friends, and his simple love for putting imaginative scenes onto paper, he pressed on. His determination to have his work appreciated and enjoyed pushed him to win the writers competition in school, and jumpstart his career as a comic artist.

He's a hard stallion to get a hold of outside of his studio, or when he travels to pick up supplies and/or deliver commissions.

In terms of conflict, he often avoids it. Pysical or mental conflict aren't his strong suites. Though he romanticizes about his father's feats and representing them through a strong and brave comic book character, he has trouble applying such bravy to real situations.

Personality:

He can be quite reclusive, still a bit timid outside of his artistic world, which is often why he spends most of his time behind closed doors either drawing or writing. Despite his shy and almost avoiding nature, he only really wishes to entertain, even if he it's his comics that do it for him.

Updated with reference picture! Still WIP to make some final tweaks.

EDIT#3: Pic is fixed!.

Critique still appreciated... and requested. Please let me know how this is and if I need to make any changes before I can put it as Finished!

For future references please do not bump your application it will most likely make your app be looked at last since a lot of our staff members start from the bottom of the list and up.

Now onto the app I absolutely LOVE this app! The only issue I have with it is that everything is bold if you could please just bold the fields then this application will be good to go!

For future references please do not bump your application it will most likely make your app be looked at last since a lot of our staff members start from the bottom of the list and up.

Now onto the app I absolutely LOVE this app! The only issue I have with it is that everything is bold if you could please just bold the fields then this application will be good to go!

Ah, ok. I bumped it because this had been up for awhile and was eventually pushed off-page, but I'll make sure to remember that next time. Thank you!

As for the bold, for some reason copy-pasting from Microsoft word did that. I fixed it :3

Thank you both!