Writefriends Monthly - December 2011

Dio

Hey everypony! It's that special time of year again and I'm not talking about holiday shopping, holiday stress, and university exams!

Remember that writefriend thing we did way back in September? Well we're bringing it back! After all the madness of the last round of contests and special RP events, we're giving you an opportunity to write for fun!

Now remember what we did last time? You don't? Okay I'll give it to you again.

1. Write up your entry based on the theme. Thought and heart is encouraged, but don't feel pressured to write a novel if you don't want to.
  2. Post your entry to your personal blog on Canterlot.com's blog system. Information on setting up a blog can be found under the "Blogs" tab under the Canterlot.com banner.
  3. Tag your entry Writefriend:December2011
  4. Post a link in this thread to your blog entry!
  5. ???
  6. PROFIT!

Call it a shameless plug, but I can't get enough of Stalliongrad. It's got a unique cultural flare and I'd love to see everypony's personal take on it.

Therefore, this month's writefriend theme will be: WINTER IN STALLIONGRAD.

Remember, this topic will close just after midnight December 31st (GMT). Make sure you have your entries submitted by then! Be true to the theme, be creative, but most of all, don't forget to have FUN!

After some thought, I'm removing the suggested word count. This isn't a contest, it's just an excuse for you to write and be creative! Feel free to write as little or as much as you need to to tell your story!

hi hi

So I made this story for the writefriend. I hope you like it: The Cold Hard Streets of Stalliongrad

Its supposed to be a tale of danger, excitement, thrills, chills and heart pounding emotion. But with any luck it will at least be one or two of the above. I got the idea as I was reading about slavic mythology.

(And... um... if anypony reads it, do you think you could let me know what you thought? That is.. if its not too much trouble...)

It says I'm not allowed to view the Stalliongrad page.

Yeah. That link doesn't seem to work for me either. Thy this one instead.

On another not, I'm probably going to hold off on my Writefriends entry for a couple weeks. I want to see the FiM holiday episode first since I kind of want to go with a holiday theme in whatever I write.

This is just a friendly reminder that there is no hard word limit and that the suggested word count has been removed to avoid confusion. You are all encouraged to write something substantial, but it does not have to be a novel. Remember to be creative!

• 3 weeks later...