[Canterlot] A Griffin In a Crowd of Ponies [Open]

CrossStitch

Gladwin

Gladwin's wings blew gusts of air to the ground as he softly landed in Canterlot. "So, this is Canterlot, huh?" He said, his head turned in every direction taking in the sights of the magnificent city. Gladwin had heard stories, and tales of Canterlot, and of its beauty, but he had never actually taken the time to see what the city was all about. He was in awe at the sheer size of the buildings, and the architecture involved in them. The whole place just seemed alive and colorful. "This place is amazing!" He said with a wide grin, and extended wings.

His display caught the attention of many though. Griffin's did not frequent Canterlot very often, so it seemed. Many ponies were staring at him, and his wings. They whispered quietly to each other, mostly negative things. Gladwin's smile shrunk a bit, and turned into more of a nervous smile. He felt a flash of heat come over him as blood raced to his face. His wings fell slowly, and then went back to rest at his sides. What are they staring at? he wondered to himself. He began to slowly walk backwards, withdrawing from the ring of ponies he was in. "Oh, excuse me." He said, butting through one wall of the onlookers.

"This town sure isn't as welcoming as I hoped..." Gladwin's eyes scanned the area he was in, and photocopied it all to his brain. He would later use these memories to make maps of the city. "Maybe if I had someone to show me around..." He said quietly to himself. "But those ponies from when I first arrived... Seemed a bit less then friendly." Gladwin rolled his eyes in frustration. He let out a sigh, and then resumed his positive attitude, "Ah, what do they know? They were probably just stunned by how awesome we griffin's look." He said with a laugh. "Now, to find somepony who looks friendly enough to show a lost griffin around Canterlot... But... Where do I start?"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canterlot. It was always interesting trying to get there. Not that it was difficult, all he had to do was caught up some bits for the carriage ride. But the ride over was always awkward for him, the ponies pulling the thing engaging in idle chatter and often asking him questions and such. Of course he couldn't blame them. A new face to talk to must be a welcome relief when carting about several ponies from place to place all day. Of course he was going to Canterlot on business, as he had told the quad of stallions.

But that was awhile ago, and here he was just about to leave the Royal City with a smile on his face. He had just delivered a commission for a portrait one of the wealthier families had asked him to do of their son. The young colt seemed ecstatic to see himself drawn, and if there was one thing Sketch loved more than anything it was a satisfied customer. In his saddlepacks were several sketchbooks and art suppies, all containing his latest works and works in progress, just incase any pony decided they wished to browze. He had even thought of going ot the local book store to see if he could maybe try selling his comic, but he doubted such a classy place would have many colts and fillies interested in comic books. Of course, while pondering this he bumped into a surprisingly fuzzy flank, letting a soft yelp of surprise leave him as he skipped back. "Oh! I-I'm terribly sorry, please excuse me... Sir...?"

He always did have a hard time telling the difference in Gryffins from behind. Of course he had been wrong before, and unfortunately it was with a rather ornery woman... What was her name? Oh, but it doesn't matter. Right now he was trying to prepare an apology outburst should he be wrong this time.

Gladwin leaned forward onto his front talons, trying to regain his balance after something collided with his flank, "Wh-Whoa!" he said. He took two steps forward to keep from falling beak-first into the ground, another embarrassing moment was all he needed to make this day the worst day ever. Gladwin then turned to see what exactly had bumped into him.

It was a white unicorn. He had his mane slicked back, and wore a pair of glasses, he was also a stallion. Gladwin felt another heat wave take over his body, he was obviously in the way of yet another Canterlot unicorn whom was walking, oh he was sure to get a scolding now. But he didn't. Instead, the unicorn ACTUALLY apologized to Gladwin. "It's not a problem at all, mate." he said, shaking his head. The wave of embarrassment had disappeared, and now a feeling of hope had set upon Gladwin. Maybe this guy is the casual Canterlot pony I'm looking for. He thought to himself.

He then realized he was being quite rude whilst he was lost in his thoughts, "You OK, pal? The name's Gladwin by the way." He said, extending his talons for a friendly shake. He then realized how sharp they must be, and then decided it wasn't the best idea, Gladwin let out a nervous laugh as his fake 'I'm-not-embarrassed' smile returned.

The unicorn seemed... well relieved wouldn't be a strong enough word. All smiles that not only was he not going to get a 'I'm not a Sir' lecture, but this one wasn't as angry and vengeful as the last one! Oh what fun he had chasing his scattered pages as she made them flutter about in the skies. Regaining his composure, he did his best not to seem retreating, but he didn't seem all too eager for extended conversation either. "Y-Yes, I'm fine, thank you..." This Gladwin seemed too casually spoken to be a visiting dignitary, so at lest he didn't have to worry about an overreacting guard either. "It's... well a pleasure, despite the circumstances. I'm... My name is Sketch Troy, though everyone I deal with knows me as Sketch..."

Of course now that introductions were out of the way, he knew it was going to be much more difficult to avoid conversation and get to a carriage as originally planned. Though if he remembered correctly he didn't have anything urgent waiting for him back at his studio, seeing as he already got the mail for the day and all of his commissions were completed ahead of time. A few minutes was probably the least he could do to repay so foolishly bumbling into the gentleman's flank. "Um... So... Business in Canterlot...?" It was the best question he could come up with off the top of his head at the moment.

"It's nice to meet ya, Sketch!" Gladwin said with a smile. In his head, he seemed to piece together a few things about the unicorn. It seemed he wasn't exactly calm. Gladwin tried to seem friendlier in his tone, and in his actions He hated upsetting ponies, or making them feel awkward, simply because he was a new face. Besides, Gladwin had to find somepony that could tell him the ins and outs of Canterlot, and who better then a Stallion Unicorn from Canterlot?

"Business?" Gladwin seemed to ponder on the question. Technically, he wasn't asked to come to Canterlot, nor was he here for any particular reason. But he did intend on mapping the place out and possibly selling the map later, could that be considered business? Gladwin shook his head to clear his thoughts, but to also convey his next message, "Nah, I'm not here on business, just dropping by so to speak. I've never been to Canterlot before, and I've heard so much about it, so I just had to visit it." He said looking up and around, "The welcome I got was... Less then nice, unfortunately." He said in a condescending tone, obviously upset about the display the ponies in town put on. He sighed and let his anger out, as not to come on as intimidating.

"What about you, Sketch? You have business here?"

The question had been turned back on him! What to do, what to do...?!?!

"W-well... Yes, I do have business here!" His have curled into a smile. He DID like to talk about his art. "I'm an artist out of Manehattan... a nice couple asked me to draw their son so that they could have it framed in their home. I don't come here as often as I like but when I do... it's... usually worth the trip" He seemed a bit more confident, but if only because there was a smile on his face. His posture seemed a bit unnurved still. Of course he was like this with everyone. "I... don't want to prattle, I tend to do that when talking about my work... but i-if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?" It wasn't often they saw Griffins in Canterlot... or around pony-lands in general. They seemed to keep to themselves more than anything.

Though he was from Manehattan, that didn't mean he didn't know of a few worthwhile places in the Royal City. What would be a business trip without knowing a few cafes or resting places? And there's always the palace, but nopony could miss that for MILES!

For now, the little artist just awaited the Griffin's answer. This conversation had yet to go down the tubes, and he had even perked the unicorn's interest. A Griffin in Canterlot for a pleasure trip? Not unheard of, a lot of ponies traveled to Canterlot for the hay of it.

Gladwin wore a look of surprise, "An artist? That's awesome!" Gladwin always was a fan of art. He loved visiting art gallery's in the towns he visited, perhaps this unicorn knew of one? He would have to remember to ask him.

Gladwin became more surprised when he was asked where he was from. It was always difficult explaining where he was from. "Well, I was hatched in Rockwington... But due to..." Gladwin paused, he bit his lip and wondered how to proceed with his story, "Complications, I moved in with my aunt and uncle in Cloudsdale, which is where I grew up. Now, I just travel, making maps." Gladwin smiled, relieved that he successfully got his story across, at least he hoped that he did.

Gladwin thought for a second, then decided now was probably a good time to ask, "So, you frequent Canterlot often, huh?" He said looking around once more, "You wouldn't happen to know of any nice places to grab a bite to eat, would you?" One of Gladwin's eyebrows raised, giving off a curious look. Not only would this show Gladwin more of the city, but it would also help him settle his now growling stomach. Flying ALWAYS makes me hungry... He thought to himself.

Making maps? He hadn't heard of anypony doing that before. Though on reflection he assumed somepony HAS to have done somethign liek that before, otherwise where would the maps come from? But either way, he didn't want to get side-tracked. "Cartography you say? A very respectable trade, and I'd imagine it brings you to all sorts of interesting places!" As for the Griffin's origin story, he didn't wish to make things awkward again by asking what those complications he mentioned were. Besides, it wasn't entirely his place to ask at all, now was it?

"A place to eat?" He was pulled away from his thoughts only to ponder this one! "Place to eat... place to eat..." Nearby, all he could think of were high-end restaurants. Save for one place. "Well... there's this donut shop nearby. I actually haven't been myself, but it's highly recommended from the working ponies around here." Who doesn't like a donut once in awhile between shifts?

Gladwin now wore a very proud smile. He loved talkign about his maps, and his many adventures, "Yeah! I've been all over Equestria! Or, that's what it feels like anyways." He said with an embarrassed look. He always got carried away when it came to his adventures. "Maybe at least half..." He added in a small nervous laugh. But someday... Someday I'll be able to say it and meant it. His thoughts echoed with a voice of superiority in his head. Those thoughts were then butted out by thoughts of food, and his stomach giving another growl, reminding him to eat.

"Yeah, I'm starving over here." Gladwin said as he put his talon to his stomach, which was now in pain. Gladwin's eyebrow twitched a bit, "A doughnut shop!?" He said, excitedly. It shouldn't of came as any surprise, considering the sheer size of Canterlot, there was bound to be an awesome doughnut store somewhere. But to be so close to where he was, Gladwin considered himself very lucky. Not only were these delicious doughnuts, but these were delicious doughnuts of Canterlot! Why, these could be the greatest doughnuts in all of Equestria for all Gladwin knew. He felt his mouth start to produce more saliva at the thought. He shook his head to clear his thoughts, before they got too out of control. "That actually sounds great! Ah... I hate to ask, but could you lead the way?" Gladwin said with another nervous smile.

Lead the way? "Sure, I suppose I could..." Not that he didn't know where it was or how to get there, it just meant thrusting himself into another social environment. At least he wouldn't be going at it alone, right? With that the Unicorn went off down the street, trusting the Griffin was following. It wasn't that long a walk, but he fiured it would be better if he could manage to keep conversation going. But what was there to talk about. "Erm... so... What was the last map you drew up? Anyplace interesting...?"

He was a better listener than he was a talker, but for good reason! Listening to stories was always a good way to get to know someone! The things they do, where they've been, what they're like, and all sorts of other things! The only places he'd ever really been to were Manehattan, Stalliongrad and Ponyville. The family WAS going to take a trip to Appleoosa but they never got around to it.

Gladwin began following Sketch, eager to finally have some food to fill his stomach. It was quiet for a little bit, until Sketch asked Gladwin about his latest map. Gladwin's face lit up with a smile, he loved talking about his maps and his adventures in Equestria. "My latest map? The last place I visited was Talonpolis, one of the bigger, if not THE biggest, Griffin settlement. I was feeling a bit out of place being around ponies for so long, so I just HAD to visit some of my own kind." Gladwin began to recall his adventure in his memory, trying to remember all of the details, "But , being so close to the Bad Lands, you never know WHAT will happen. I learned that the hard way." Gladwin added a small laugh, "You see, I have a bad habit of flying too high, but it helps me get a better view of the area. Well, flying high is something you don't want to do in the Bad Lands. You see, the higher you fly, the colder it gets, and it's practically freezing in the Bad Lands." Gladwin felt a chill go down his spine as he recalled the cold all too familiarly, "Long story short, my wings froze up, and I ended up in a hospital for a few months. Pretty lucky that no dragons found me." He added in another laugh.

Another growl from his stomach caused Gladwin to cringe. He sped his walking pace up to be walking beside Sketch, "What about you? Done any drawings for any of these 'important' ponies?"

Oh my! That certainly sounded like an interesting scenario... Well it was probably more intereting ot hear about that experience. Sketch didn't much care for the cold either. During the winter season in Manehattan, he could often be seen running from place to place! Not because he was trying extra hard to avoid people or that he was in an urgent hurry. He just wanted to get back inside! The most logical way to do that was, of course, run! But back to the discussion at hand! "Goodness! You've got quite the lucky streak it seems!" Not freezing to death, surviving a flying crash, and not getting picked at by dragons! Pretty lucky.

But it went on to him. Rather than reel back or hesitate, he seemed all too happy to talk about it. "I actually just finished a portrait for a family here in Canterlot. An entrepreneur here in Canterlot, though he hasn't yet opened anything. In all honesty I forget most of what he told me..." thankfully the stallion never quized him on anything. "Anyway yes, they commissioned a portrait of their son, a rather nice a polite young colt named Archibald. An odd name, but who am I to judge?" But at last, they had reached the shop! A casual looking place named Pony Joe's! "Ah! Here we are!" Of course he was half expecting to have the Griffin rushing past him like a bat out of hell, but he DID say he was hungry.

"Yeah, dumb luck, maybe." Said Gladwin as he let out a warm laugh. He never really considered himself lucky, then again he's never thought twice about his escapades. Thinking back on it, he supposed that he could consider himself lucky. Dragons, freezing, crashing, getting lost, hydras... All of Equestria was filled with so many dangerous things, it was quite a lucky thing to be alive.

Gladwin dropped the negative thoughts, returning to the subject at hand, "Drawing portraits for fancy, important ponies, eh? I bet the pay is good." Gladwin realized that to have big, important customers in Canterlot, would mean that the artist would have to have great skill, Gladwin made a mental note to ask to see one of Sketch's drawings over lunch. His thought train was cut off by Sketch's sudden stop, and it took a while for Gladwin to realize why. He looked up to see a sign, 'Pony Joe's'. Gladwin smiled at how casual the place seemed and began walking forward again and through the doors. The pleasant aroma of doughnuts hit Gladwins nostrils, which caused him to inhale the scent deeply. He let out a small sigh, "That smells amazing!" He basically shouted, not thinking to control his volume. "Hey, thanks for showing me the way here, Sketch. Want to stay and have lunch? My treat."

((I assume that the open means....open. If you want me out just say, and I'll remove my post. :3))

Holly Dash trotted through the town, her fruit cart clanking along with a squeaky wheel behind her. She hummed softly to herself as she went along, the jingle clank of bits in her saddlebags the beat to her song. She had made quite a sale just outside of the city, and was looking forward to selling to some more 'elite' ponies. Her cart was void of much of the fruit that she had stocked it with upon venturing out of her garden in the Whitetail Woods. She had considered stopping to restock when she headed back to this area from the west, but had decided not to make the extra trip.

With her cheerful trot, she bobbed her head from side to side in tune with her humming. So happy was she with her previous sale, she completely missed it when a purple stallion tried to flag her down from across the road after seeing her supply of brightl, sunny oranges. The stallion looked annoyed, but moved on to a different grocer.

"La la la la la~ERK!!"*THUD* Holly Dash felt the wooden planks attached to the belt around her sides jerk forward and her rump hit the cart as she collided into a sturdy, tall surface. It was warm though, so she immediately apologized. As she bowed her head apologetically, she caught site of a clawed foot, and looked up. A griffon. It'd been...quite awhile since she last encountered one.

She smiled, "Sorry 'bout that again. What's a griffon doin' in Canterlot?" She said, the muddy accent that told of her Beakbreak roots shimmered clearly through her voice. She was raised with the roughest, toughest of griffons, and her voice gave way to a weird mix of pony-griffon vocals. Almost southern-sounding, but with the snarky hint that griffons tending to carry, and the slightest accent of the kindness found in a casual pony voice. It was an odd accent to say the least, but before the griffon had a chance to answer, she was eyeballing the restaurant, "Oooo, Pony Joe's! It's been furever since Ah ate there!"

She blinked, realizing how rude she must seem, "Oh...uh...sorry. Anyway..." She pawed at the ground with a hoof, "Furgive me for mah rudeness...but..." She realized suddenly it was really none of her business why this griffon was here, "Uh...oh....um....sorry...nevermind....um....wanna buy some fruit?"

She grinned sheepishly, trying to make up for the awkward turn of conversation, and flicked her eyes between the griffon and the stallion next to him, her face heating up as she realized that she may have just interrupted the two.

((Fine with me :3 Sorry for the slowness of my posts. Finals week is killing me D:))

"Well it pays enough for my supplies, rent, and gives room for personal expenses, but I'm by no means rich by it. Commissioned art is really a secondary outlet for me, ost of my atteniton is focused on my big pet project..." But then, another collision! Perhaps the Griffin wasn't quite so lucky afterall. The sound of the thud made him jump a bit, the startled unicorn turning around to see it was a fruit vendor! He hadn't seen her about before... which wasn't saying much seeing as he spent most of his time in his studio. He wondered if Gladwin really was that hard to notice, seeing this was the second time in a short span that he's been bumped into. "Perhaps we should put a 'Griffin ahead' sign somewhere...eh?" He asked with a nervous smile, taking a stab at humor.

Oh course she couldn't quite pinpoint where she could be from... a strange accent to be sure. She wouldn't happen to be with the Apple family, would she? They were the only fruit family he was fully aware of, though he ws sure there were others. There had to be. Every business has competition. "Well... erm... are you both alright?" Status report! Of course, doughnuts awaited, so even if things were looking a bit bad, they were going to get better! Much better... at the hooves of Pony Joe!

(( I had just taken my last final Tuesday. Best of luck with you finals! ))

Gladwin's curiosity was peaked, "Pet project?" he asked. Suddenly, he felt his entire body stop. Something had hit him, or he had walked into something. It was soft though, and he rebounded from the obstacle, taking a few steps back as to not topple over. "I just keep bumping into ponies today..." He said, cheerfully. He smoothed his feathers down and then looked up to see who, or what, he had ran into.

It was a unicorn, making Gladwin suddenly want to apologize for bumping into an important pony. Before he could speak up though, the young unicorn was already uttering apologies. Before Gladwin could even apologize as well, the unicorn was asking what a griffin like him was doing in Canterlot. Gladwin took a second to think, I guess griffin's are quite rare... he thought to himself. Before he could even answer that question though, the unicorn was going on about the doughnut shop before the trio. Gladwin smiled and tried to speak up once more, but the unicorn then began apologizing again, and offering him some fruit.

Gladwin couldn't help but laugh, "Hey, it's no big deal. I wasn' t watching where I was going." Gladwin then realized that the pony was speaking with a 'Not-So-Canterlot' accent, which calemd the griffin down a bit, happy to be meeting another pony who was, hopefully, from outside Canterlot. "As for what I'm doing, I'm a map maker. Just dropping by to map out the city." Gladwin looked back to the restaurant then to the unicorn in front of him, "Fruit...? No thanks, but me and my friend here were about to have lunch. Care to join us...?" Gladwin then realized he didn't know the unicorns name, and left his sentence hanging, hopefully to be filled in by the unicorn.

He then turned to Sketch, "Yeah, tell me about it. Or a big flashing sign that says 'Obstacle." Gladwin couldn't help but to let out another warm laugh at the thought. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. What about you?" He said looking again to the unicorn.

The white pelted, blue maned pegasus Colton Cloudkicker was out enjoying the sights in Canterlot, he was accompanied on this trip by his pet sparrow Sparks as he usually was. Colton was spending some time Canterlot and since he rarely had the opportunity he decided to take in some of the things Canterlot had to offer.

Both Colton and Sparks were wandering through the streets of the bustling city, trying to think of where to go next. As Colton thought, Sparks perched himself on Colton's head as he also looked for any places of interest, "You see anything buddy?" Colton asked as he tilted his head up. The little bird didn't respond and simply began to sleep on Colton's head.

Colton continued walking with the sleeping bird on his head, and as he did he started thinking about how he would spend his time in Canterlot for this visit. When Colton was thinking though he had failed to notice where he was going and he eventually hit something which caused him to lose his balance and fall over. He looked up to see that he had bumped into, surprisingly, a griffon. Colton quickly tried to compose himself and apologize, "Oh....sorry there buddy, I, uh wasn't looking where I was going." Colton said as he tried to fix this bad first impression, "I'm uh...Colton...pleased to meet you." Colton said as he held out a friendly, and slightly scared hoof.

[[Ok, so... Sketch, Gladwin, Colton, me? Awesome.]]

Holly was about to respond to the inquring griffon when another pony--a pegasus, it seemed, crashed into the griffon. What was he, invisible? She couldn't resist a giggle as the white stallion fumbled back from the tall griffon. It seemed he was a little nervous to be around the griffon.

She turned, ignoring him as he spoke, and unclipped the belt at her waste, and magicked the cart arms off of her, and then placed a tarp over her remaining fruit, securing it magically to prevent theft. She turned back to the three males in front of her, most interested in the griffon, honestly, as he had actually inquired to her name.

She coughed lightly, seeking to politely regain the attention of the three males, if only briefly, "Ahem...AH am Holly Dash, and it is a pleasure to meet ya!" She smiled widely at them, "Ah sell fruit--but not apples. Ah don't infringe on the big ol' apple family....were we goin' ta eat in thar or what?"

She motioned to Pony Joe's, the scent of freshly baked doughnuts and hot coffee tempting her nose. As much as she loved fruit, she loved donuts filled with fruity jellies almost more! She felt her mouth water, and was considering deserting her new acquaintences for the sheer sake of doughnuts.

He was about to elaborate on his comic project, though there was yet another crash! Maybe the sign wasn't such a bad suggestion afterall. Sketch reeled back as there was yet another collision. This time pegasis! He could only guess how far Gladwin's patience could go. At least beforehand the Griffin said he was ok. When the Pegasis introduced himself, he could see some hesitation... or perhaps fear on his part. Maybe Sketch wasn't the only one with a bad Griffin experience... Conor? He hadn't heard of him, but again, not surprising. He was quite certain he'd have a good idea of who they were once the left the doughnut shop. Things tended to work out that way with new ponies...

Oh, right! The doughtnut shop! With another nervous smile he started making his way for Pony Joe's door. "Maybe we should go inside now...?" There was a severely less likelyhood of being crashed into in there. That and he wasn't sure how many new ponyfolk he could stand ot meet at once before retreating from conversation entirely.

Gladwin again stumbled. He was used to get bumped into now, so he wasn't really moved much this time. He let out a small sigh, that was also accompanied with a smile. Who couldn't laugh at the turn of events that has unfolded for Gladwin. He had just been bumped into by three ponies, all in the course of thirty minutes. "Hey Colton, the name's Gladwin. You alright, pal?" He asked the pegasus.

He then turned to Holly Dash, eager to respond to the vendor, "It's nice the meet ya Holly. The name's Gladwin." He wore a wide smile across his beak as he responded to the unicorn. "If you don't mind me saying, you don't sound like you're from around here." He said addressing Holly's accent. He then realized that what he had just said, may have come off as a bit offensive, "I don't mean anything mean by that, sorry. It's... Adorable." He said, giving the first noun that came to his mind when he thought of the accent. Adorable...? He thought to himself.

His stomach let out another growl, painful and loud. Food was all Gladwin had on his mind now, he walked to the door and opened it, holding it open for Sketch and Holly, "Colton, that was your name, right?" He said, looking to the pegasus, "Me and my friends were about to have lunch, come in and have a seat with us. Not every day you see a griffin after all." He said, referring to his own apparent rarity.

Colton was slightly embarrassed by the laughter that shorty proceeded his stumble, but he quickly got over it when he saw that this particular Griffin was actually quite friendly and not bothered by Colton's slip-up. Colton quickly responded, less he embarrassed himself to a further extent, "Pleasure to meet you Gladwin, don't worry about me just a little stumble." Colton said as he rubbed the back of his head.

He then turned his attention to the other ponies as Gladwin did, he didn't say anything as he didn't want to sound rude, but adorable? He thought with a perplexed look on his face, nevermind. He thought. Colton finally stood up and dusted himself off, only to find that Gladwin and the two ponies entering a nearby restaurant. He thought to leave until Gladwin proposed otherwise, he thought over his options and came to the conclusion that he had no other ones, "Sure, why not." Colton said with an eager smile as he joined the group

Holly watched the males before her chit chatting, watched as the pegasus introduced himself, all with a simple smile on her face. Her stomach wasn't quite to the rumbly stages, but she was getting a bit hungry. She had been selling all day, and only had some strawberries as a snack earlier. She still had a tune in her head and was sort of head bobbing as she waited for them to move on. No one seemed to be paying much mind to her.

She was suddenly caught off guard as the griffon turned and addressed her, "It's nice the meet ya Holly. The name's Gladwin." She returned the smile that he wore, honstly surprised that the griffon was so polite. . "If you don't mind me saying, you don't sound like you're from around here." She almost rolled her eyes at that, but refrained. It wasn't the first time someone caught her accent. It was as if there were no other ponies that came from the rough and tough Beakbreak...then again, it was a mostly Griffon-inhabited area. Before she could continue, he added, as though to cover if she might have been offended. "I don't mean anything mean by that, sorry. It's... Adorable." Admittedly, that surprised her a little bit, and a blush quickly crawled up her face. It was not every day that she was told that....She pawed a hoof at the ground, again struck with embarrassment.

"Um, well actually Ah get my accent from..."

*Grrgbl grrl*

The griffon's stomach growled, and he seemed to lose interest in Holly, and turned to everyone, to open the door to the restaurant. after speaking briefly with the pegasus stallion, Colton, "Me and my friends were about to have lunch, come in and have a seat with us. Not every day you see a griffin after all." She huffed at that, blowing up her bangs and rolling her eyes and muttered as she walked into the restaurant past him, "...More than ya think..."

He looked to Colton and Holly, following them on in the shop after introductions, invitations and pleasentries were out of the way. Well almost, other than a "Thank you" to the Griffin as he passed the gentleman holding the door open for them. Never hurt anyone to be polite, right? Other than that he seemed to stick close to the Griffin, being a bit more familiar with him than the other two... though in the grand scheme the three of them were still pretty much strangers to him. Though he did have some questions in mind for icebreakers to actually get to know them when conversation kicks back up.

At last, inside the shop they were! It was moderately busy, being the middle of the day. Pony Joe himself was wiping off the counter, a few hard-hatted ponies were in the corner eating and shooting the breeze, a burst of laughter leaving them now and then. Other than that, the activity was just a few other ponies probably just taking advantage of break time. The stallion behind the counter gave the group a wave and a hospitable smile. "Hey there! Go on and sit anywhere ya like, I'll be with ya in a sec." Of course there were planty of places to go to, but of course it seemed he was going to defer to the others in terms of where tey wanted to plant themselves for the afternoon.